51 replies to this topic

#1 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

Can you imagine? You're Kishimoto's wife, you know he is writing a widely popular story based on his own life experiences, you see all of the clear and obvious signs that the the main character's apparent love interest is heavily based on yourself and then you see the main character end up with some girl besides the character that is a stand-in for yourself. You wonder why he would create this character based on himself and make it look like he was going to have a character based on yourself get with him.

You confront Masashi on the subject and he tries to tell you that this expy of yourself is just a red herring. You wonder if THAT's what he thinks of their marriage; you wonder if he believes it's all a red herring in his mind. You also wonder what would possess a husband to write a character like this in the first place.

Personally, I can't say for sure what happened, but I suspect it was something along these lines:

:lmao:

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 22 August 2017 - 06:48 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#2 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

Well, Mrs Kishimoto does not like to be played as a fool!  :lmao:

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#3 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

This is a bit hyperbolic. Kishimoto said he put traits in them, but the characters aren't replicas. 

Seems his wife disagrees. And I suspect that nobody knows Kishi's wife better than . . . his wife. :ermm:

Posted Image

#4 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:49 PM

Nothing was ever stated from the wife saying they were replicas. That she shipped NS, yes. The rest of the narrative doesn't have a foundation. 

Only posted really because I frowned at the idea of his wife hitting him and found that hyperbolic. One thing to do it in a manga, but real life is a little different. But theorize and imagine it as you wish. 

What's the world's longest river? She didn't simply ship NS; she  got mad because she thought Sakura was modeled after her. Again, I don't think anybody knows his wife better than his wife. :lmao:

As for the hyperbolic stuff:

6c3ddb6e4c78f70133d42acbb348eea5.jpg

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 22 August 2017 - 08:50 PM.

Posted Image

#5 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

No, nowhere was it said she got mad because she thought Sakura was modeled after her.

I don't see the humor in someone beating up their spouse. 

Um . . . yes it was?

Oh yeah? What do you see the humor in?

Posted Image

#6 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:15 PM

JFC @Analyzer , it's just a post to make fun of the situation Kishimoto put himself into, chill a little will ya? don't turn it into a debate thread...

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#7 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:26 PM

tumblr_nw8exln5nY1rep00po1_540.jpg

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#8 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:13 AM

This translation is inaccurate. 

*SIGH*
giphy.gif

Of course it is...

Edited by BlackShirtGuy, 23 August 2017 - 12:15 AM.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#9 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:31 AM

Can you supply it then? 

Right after you tell me more about what you see humor in. I'm willing to craft a joke we can both get a good laugh at. :lol:

JFC @Analyzer , it's just a post to make fun of the situation Kishimoto put himself into, chill a little will ya? don't turn it into a debate thread...

If she wants to lose yet another debate, I don't mind and will even apply the hand-behind-my-back handicap of turning a blind eye to the usual lame-o appeal to dictionary arguments. Till I get bored anyways. :sleepy:

tumblr_nw8exln5nY1rep00po1_540.jpg

Ah. There we go. Much appreciated!  :yes:

This translation is inaccurate. 

Over before it started. Concession accepted. Spanks for playing! :lmao:

Posted Image

#10 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:21 AM

Now that was a joke. Clarified my prior post. 

Couldn't google the support for the bitter reddit user who made that laughable allegation, could yah?  :wink:

What does no longer work, and never worked is the words that Sakura was heavily based on her. in the OP's point Both characters are strong does not equate likeness, which was what the OP was saying.

I see. And Kishi is assuring his wife that HInata was in actuality the one modeled after her for . . . reasons?

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 23 August 2017 - 01:23 AM.

Posted Image

#11 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:22 AM

Considering this leads up to a joke, I wouldn't take that part too seriously. 

So then he just made it all up?

Posted Image

#12 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:19 AM

His wife acts like Sakura, while he pretendet that she was the model for Hinata, who is the complete opposite of Sakura. Just because it was meant in a funny way does not make the first Statement untrue.

... I hope this removes all obscurities for now.

- Amy Cassidy

#13 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

Considering this leads up to a joke, I wouldn't take that part too seriously.

You still see that Sakura wasn't modeled after his wife ?

#14 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

You still see that Sakura wasn't modeled after his wife ?

Obviously Pro Enders either choose to ignore it or don't know about Oda made a comment to Kishi at Kishi's wedding that his wife looks like Sakura.

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 23 August 2017 - 10:43 AM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#15 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:07 AM

Obviously Pro Enders either choose to ignore it or don't know about Oda made a comment to Kishi at Kishi's wedding that his wife looks like Sakura.

Unfortunately, Analyzer-sensei will not accept that in her class when she finishes her break in an hour.

#16 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

Since we're all in full agreement (including Analyzer) that Kishimoto modeled Sakura after his wife, the question to be asked is why he would make that character design decision in a story where the main character is modeled after himself. And no matter how much denial certain people would like to exhibit, there is only one compelling answer. :thumb:

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 23 August 2017 - 06:53 PM.

Posted Image

#17 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

This "exact copy" phrasing is a misnomer. Obviously, Kishimoto can't do the rasengan, run up trees, or make 1000 copies of himself. And obviously he doesn't have a homoerotic brotherly relationship with anyone. At least to our knowledge. :confused:  Naruto, however at his core, is inspired by Kishimoto's own life experiences. 

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 23 August 2017 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image

#18 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

This "exact copy" phrasing is a misnomer. Obviously, Kishimoto can't do the rasengan, run up trees, or make 1000 copies of himself. And obviously he doesn't have a homoerotic brotherly relationship with anyone. At least to our knowledge. :confused:  Naruto, however at his core, is inspired by Kishimoto's own life experiences. 

Yeah it doesn't really matter Kishi's intentions, comparing Sakura to his wife is not good business for his so called planned since the beginning pairing. He mocked the endgame ship, to put it bluntly. You can't beat around that. If he really felt at peace with NH he would've said Sakura was like his high school crush. In his response he says his wife isn't like Hinata because his wife is a strong character so it sounds like Hinata is weak too.

While I don't think Sakura was based on his wife as a whole he must have based certain attributes on her.

ナルサク

#19 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

Yeah it doesn't really matter Kishi's intentions, comparing Sakura to his wife is not good business for his so called planned since the beginning pairing. He mocked the endgame ship, to put it bluntly. You can't beat around that. If he really felt at peace with NH he would've said Sakura was like his high school crush. In his response he says his wife isn't like Hinata because his wife is a strong character so it sounds like Hinata is weak too.

While I don't think Sakura was based on his wife as a whole he must have based certain attributes on her.

For his wife to get upset about the issue and for him to assure her that his wife was modeled after Hinata, I think his wife certainly saw enough attributes and similarities in the characters to say WTF!  :lmao: And in light of that, I think it's pretty obvious where this story was headed prior to the certain point (Kage Summit being the earliest and the war arc being the latest).

I was not referencing Naruto's fantasy abilities for clarification, though your statement is true both for Naruto the story and aspects of the character, it's common as I said for writers to draw from personal experience, I just would not make too much of it. I recall the piece of the Eight Gates with Madara was partially influenced by his father's death at the time, wasn't it?

I interpret things in their totality. And Kishimoto's anectdote as well as his wife's reaction is one of many pieces of the NS puzzle that was eventually pushed aside.

Posted Image

#20 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:45 AM

What was obvious is that Shuiesha, SP and half of Kishi's staff claimed that NH was meant to be from the beginning. Any logic behind is only plausible if Sakura's character was not designed be an importance to the story nor to Naruto's life. Sakura was one of those characters that was so post to be consider a fodder and easily replace because she was like any other villager while Hinata was the only person of Naruto's generation that cared for him. It seems like Hinata was promised to SP and Shueisha to be the one to take the main female roll. Things went awry when Kishi had other ideas when he started imputing himself into the story. He mentioned it like two times in all the interviews that Naruto and Sasuke's relationship is like that of Kishi and his brother Seishi's relationship. The post chapter 700 he made it clear that he was like Naruto while Seishi is like Sasuke.

I believe Kishi was so post to pull the plug on Sakura's character is the second bench scene instead of chapter 693. Sasuke either takes her with him or she abandons her village to pursue Sasuke and becomes a rogue kunoichi and that's the end of her character. Then Hinata fills in the roll to become the heroine at the start of Shippuden. Now all these are tied up with the many contradicting interviews. NH was planned from the beginning, the middle blah blah blah. All his blabbering was just keypoints where he should have pull Sakura's plug and develop NH. And now you get the point why Kishi is so attached to Team 7 and never went with Hinata. Unlike Sakura, he has no attachment to Hinata and that's why he failed to lived up to Hinata's fandom's expectations. Even Sakura got more panels than Hinata in the Naruto Gaiden. Pity isn't it.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users