11 replies to this topic

#1 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:14 AM

Thoughts? I think a lot of people were expecting the opposite. I actually was on board with the ending. I'll be back with more ideas.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#2 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:35 AM

Man, I'd have to go with Gaara. Toph is strong, but I feel Gaara has way more to offer. I'll be honest, I never really saw anything that made me go wow from Toph. She's only a little weaker then Katara imo. Gaara wins for sure.

#3 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:55 AM

Spoiler

#4 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:21 AM

I know we're not AT ALL fans of how Naruto ended, but I think Gaara should have won. The way he got finished off didn't even make sense, since his mother's sand should have blocked that attack easily. Not to mention we've seen his sand coffin and sand burial techniques crush sussano armor so I'm VERY skeptical if Toph would have been able to survive that even with metal plating surrounding her.

I don't really care about the outcome, but sometimes I feel like they don't do enough research. They didn't do it for Majin Buu and they didn't do it for Gaara. Just my opinion though.

Oh and don't get me wrong I love Toph and Avatar the Last Airbender but I just think Naruto's characters are leagues above Avatar's characters in terms of power.

Edited by RedFaction, 09 February 2015 - 06:23 AM.

#5 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:24 AM

I called it, and I was pleased with the results, but I had some friends who didn't agree, but as always the guys at death battle did an amazing job with researching both characters stats, so yeah it was a pretty good fight.

Edited by Konohakitten, 09 February 2015 - 06:24 AM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#6 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

Toph.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#7 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:22 AM

Garra win this.
Garra could fly and he control his sand at his will.

Garra > toph.

#8 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:22 AM

Garra should win. I've always thought that characters in Naruto are on a whole different level than the ones in Avatar.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#9 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:23 AM

I figured Toph would win from before I hit play, even though it is somewhat of a really tough call. And I'll admit, I was taken aback by how seemingly abruptly the fight ended. But their ending explanation left me with no complaints or counter-arguments.

I know we're not AT ALL fans of how Naruto ended, but I think Gaara should have won. The way he got finished off didn't even make sense, since his mother's sand should have blocked that attack easily. Not to mention we've seen his sand coffin and sand burial techniques crush sussano armor so I'm VERY skeptical if Toph would have been able to survive that even with metal plating surrounding her.

While the Susano'o portion of your post is debatable, the mother's sand defense doesn't suffice. Toph knows exactly where the sand will go/is going at all times. She doesn't need to be fast enough to get through it, she just needs to know where it is and then quickly bend it out of the way as she approaches. Hell, she won the battle by bending his sand armor and crushing him inside of it (which is kittening awesome, by the way).

At this point, it seems like nothing Death Battle ever does will ever be good enough for many people. As someone who grew up on both Naruto and Avatar (whose favorite character for the longest time was Gaara, not mention), they impressed me with how much research they underwent and how much thought they put into it, even accounting for minute details like the gold being present in his personal sand and for what force is truly in direct control of it. And yet tons of people disregard this effort and creativity anyways, because their favorite characters didn't win and they refuse to consider with all seriousness the evidence Death Battle presents.

Edited by CloudMountainJuror, 11 March 2015 - 02:33 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#10 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:44 AM

I figured Toph would win from before I hit play, even though it is somewhat of a really tough call. And I'll admit, I was taken aback by how seemingly abruptly the fight ended. But their ending explanation left me with no complaints or counter-arguments.

While the Susano'o portion of your post is debatable, the mother's sand defense doesn't suffice. Toph knows exactly where the sand will go/is going at all times. She doesn't need to be fast enough to get through it, she just needs to know where it is and then quickly bend it out of the way as she approaches. Hell, she won the battle by bending his sand armor and crushing him inside of it (which is kittening awesome, by the way).

At this point, it seems like nothing Death Battle ever does will ever be good enough for many people. As someone who grew up on both Naruto and Avatar (whose favorite character for the longest time was Gaara, not mention), they impressed me with how much research they underwent and how much thought they put into it, even accounting for minute details like the gold being present in his personal sand and for what force is truly in direct control of it. And yet tons of people disregard this effort and creativity anyways, because their favorite characters didn't win and they refuse to consider with all seriousness the evidence Death Battle presents.

I agree completely with you. I also feel that the people behind death battle really go out of their way when it comes to research. It just comes down to people wanting their favorites to always win. I have to say that this fight was a pretty awesome match, but it was clear that Toph was going to win. Lots of people like to point out that she should have lost because she's blind, but that is what gave her the ultimate advantage.

Edited by Konohakitten, 15 March 2015 - 03:45 AM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#11 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

I think it should be Gaara. But that ending when Gaara started cussing had me rolling.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#12 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:46 AM

I agree with it, dumbass Deathbattle picked a right victor for once.  Gaara's amazing but his powers are really just about sand...  Toph can metal-bend and has super-sonic hearing and vibration perceptions.  If Shukaku came out she'd be in trouble, but I'm sure Toph could stay calm enough to throw a boulder at him or something.  She can also create an armor metal shield.

Gaara has blood lust and smarts going for him but I don't think that's enough against Toph's abilities.  Don't underestimate the little blind girl! xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users