• Please log in to reply
30365 replies to this topic

#30361 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted Yesterday, 09:35 PM

"Not everyone can be Vader, someone has to be Palpatine"
-Retrospect Greg

The only characters who had this were characters that weren't that main event villain
Deidara, Hidan, and most the Akatsuki

I also think this is why Madara was also a good villain. He literally did anything for the sake of it. The man was practically bored with existence and almost seem like he did anything to take his mind away

“What is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”
-Paarthurnax

that kind of shows in neils performace as madara he sounds so bored til hashirama shows up

I would say the Uchiha were the worse when it came to what Kishi did again; they went crazy because they loved too much, which, when I first read it, I just laughed over how stupid it was.

I feel Kishi also didn't know when someone needed a tragic past, and I feel he overused it too much.

Now I remember watching season 8 of the walking dead when Carl died and I remember this that someone said.

"This was the most heartbreaking finale yet in the series, nothing could be more devastating than for a man to lose his son,"

Something I agree with and hence why Vanitas and I talk about a better way to make a villain is to have them lose a child, one that they love and feels the pain of losing them.

yep and the kicker is the loss of the "villain" child is the leaf and naruto fault

#30362 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted Today, 12:31 AM

that kind of shows in neils performace as madara he sounds so bored til hashirama shows up

yep and the kicker is the loss of the "villain" child is the leaf and naruto fault

Yep, and the bigger kicker is its all thanks to Naruto leaving Orochimaru alive.

#30363 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,730 posts

Posted Today, 07:00 AM

It feels like, starting with Nagato, Naruto just became about nobody taking personal responsibility for anything. It all became solely "the system's" fault and never the personal choices made by the person(s) in question. Would the person(s) have made different choices if "the system" were different? Possibly, but "what-ifs" are no excuse for the crimes committed at the present time. 

And look...despite all the talk about "the system" and how much it hurt all these "tragic" characters... NARUTO DOESN'T EVEN CHANGE "THE SYSTEM"!  :bash:

Like I said, It's essentially a story where you got shot by someone. Then you forgive them and say it wasn't their fault. Then let them SHOOT YOU again. IT. IS. POINTLESS. All of the sob stories for the villain, all of the force feeding the audience that they are not villains but victims of circumstance, all of that blaming the ninja system instead of individual choices and the whatnot and Kishi couldn't even conclude that cheap message properly about ending the era of ninjas. It was all to set up Boruto which is yet another reason this trash heap has over stayed it's welcome.

Edited by Phantom_999, Today, 02:46 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#30364 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,784 posts

Posted Today, 03:20 PM

Like I said, It's essentially a story where you got shot by someone. Then you forgive them and say it wasn't their fault. Then let them SHOOT YOU again. IT. IS. POINTLESS. All of the sob stories for the villain, all of the force feeding the audience that they are not villains but victims of circumstance, all of that blaming the ninja system instead of individual choices and the whatnot and Kishi couldn't even conclude that cheap message properly about ending the era of ninjas. It was all to set up Boruto which is yet another reason this trash heap has over stayed it's welcome.

Which is very irritating in the long haul since villains CAN just be villains without needing to be sympathetic. It's why I like Thanos in the comics over how he was shown in the MCU-- he just was bat crazy and evil, wanting to impress Death that he was willing to wipe out half of life to do it as well as other actions over the years.

#30365 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted Today, 07:20 PM

And if that's not bad enough, they didn't even try to hide the fact that things just repeat themselves in the very first chapter only *GASP!* the characters have been swapped! Now the "Sasuke" wants to change the system while the "Naruto" wants to defend it!

So...what? Are we NOW supposed to root for Boruto's dad's spawn and DEFEND the very same system they spent the entire last half of Shippuden blaming for the entire world's and every individuals' problems?

Further shows they have no idea what they want to do except pray that lightning strikes twice hence all the repeating of the same types of plot points as "Naruto" so far in "Boruto", right down to the whole "system" argument.

2e5.gif

#30366 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted Today, 07:59 PM

With Naruto I find it easier to understand what Kishimoto is doing with the story if you keep it simple and just assume he is answering a question his editor had, but never going farther then needed to answer the question.

Which is very irritating in the long haul since villains CAN just be villains without needing to be sympathetic. It's why I like Thanos in the comics over how he was shown in the MCU-- he just was bat crazy and evil, wanting to impress Death that he was willing to wipe out half of life to do it as well as other actions over the years.

Villains need to have a point in the story or they are just filler. If all the antagonist are all victims of the ninja system, then that means Naruto's true foe is the system and as the protagonist he needs to fix it so it stops creating the foes he faces. but, the story doesn't focus on that because kishimoto is too obsessed with justifying why the chase after Sasuke has to take ten years.

And if that's not bad enough, they didn't even try to hide the fact that things just repeat themselves in the very first chapter only *GASP!* the characters have been swapped! Now the "Sasuke" wants to change the system while the "Naruto" wants to defend it!

So...what? Are we NOW supposed to root for Boruto's dad's spawn and DEFEND the very same system they spent the entire last half of Shippuden blaming for the entire world's and every individuals' problems?

Further shows they have no idea what they want to do except pray that lightning strikes twice hence all the repeating of the same types of plot points as "Naruto" so far in "Boruto", right down to the whole "system" argument.

Not quite. Sasuike wanted revolution to tear down the system. While Naruto, at best, wanted to reform it; granted it would help if kishimoto ever focused on that. Nail wants anarchy while Bolt is an enforcer of the status quo.

In theory, Naruto fixed the system...we know he didn't. Or Bolt is acting as Salad's enforcer who is in theory is continuing Naruto's work.

You're right about them hoping it would work if they just copied Naruto proving they don't know how sequels are suppose to work.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, Today, 08:14 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users