#1 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

I'm sure some of you know of this awesome manga already but just thought I'd get those who haven't seen/heard of it to check it out!

http://www.mangafox....ga/mirai_nikki/ <----read here

http://www.animeship...ikki-episode-1/ <----watch here

I have to say this has gotta be one of my favorite mangas I've ever read. The genre includes: Action, Horror, Psychological, Romance, Supernatural, Suspense.
What really makes me so attached to this story is the relationships between Yuno (main girl) and Yuuki (main guy). Yuno is the FACE of Yandere hands down. Follow through with the whole manga and you'll see what I mean. But also stay on track with the anime it's very accurate and the potrayal of all the emotions and drama is awesome sometimes even better than the manga itself! Good stuff. Awesome art too.

[wiki summary]"Yukiteru "Yuki" Amano is a loner who never really interacts with people and prefers writing a diary on his cell phone with his only companion being an imaginary friend named Deus Ex Machina, the God of Time and Space. However, Yuki soon learns that Deus is real when he makes Yuki participate in a battle royal with eleven other people. Within this "Diary Game", the contestants are given special diaries that can predict the future, with each diary having unique features that gives them both advantages and disadvantages. Within the next 90 days, the contestants must try to kill each other and survive until there is only one person standing, the winner becoming the new God of Time and Space. In order to survive, Yuki tries to find allies, with one of them being another diary user named Yuno Gasai, a girl who is madly in love with him."

For those of you who's read it already I'd like to know what you thought! And what you think about the new anime too!

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#2 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

Started reading this manga months ago, before the anime was announced, but stopped after a few chapters when I realised how kittened up the Yuno charactor was, it's not really my cup of Tea, never really got into the whole Horror thing, If my neice read Manga she'd probably love this, she loves the whole Horror, Psychological, supernatural stuff.

iAnby7W.gif

#3 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Oct 26 2011, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Started reading this manga months ago, before the anime was announced, but stopped after a few chapters when I realised how kittened up the Yuno charactor was, it's not really my cup of Tea, never really got into the whole Horror thing, If my neice read Manga she'd probably love this, she loves the whole Horror, Psychological, supernatural stuff.

Yeah I never really watched/read something like this, save for aki sora and bakemonogatari which were BARELY similar to mirai nikki in the physchological, horror, supernatural genre. They share some qualities and mirai nikki was interesting in that way to me.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#4 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Oct 28 2011, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I never really watched/read something like this, save for aki sora and bakemonogatari which were BARELY similar to mirai nikki in the physchological, horror, supernatural genre. They share some qualities and mirai nikki was interesting in that way to me.

OK searched Aki Sora and came up with a Hentai Incest OVA...lol and Bakemonogatari has very different feel to it, not really what I would class as a Horror. Mirai Nikki gave me a similar feel to Eureka Seven for me, though I didn't finish that either the few episodes I watched gave me a very similar vibe, only the female charactor wasn't anywhere near has screwed up as in Mirai Nikki.

iAnby7W.gif

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:57 AM

I think it's interesting. somewhat confused with the concept but I'm DEFINITELY not turned off by the characters. smile.gif And I might be called crazy for this but I find that anime image of Yuno.... sexy wink.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 November 2011 - 04:25 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#6 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

I just caught to the lastest episode and started reading the manga. A very twisted series and I love it. Plus I like the music for the opening, it just fits with the series.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#7 Inori

Inori

The Slayer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

I love this anime..and the manga !! <3 very cool.. I love the idea and Yuno <3 she's crazy but really awesome biggrin.gif

#8 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Yeah it is although I find that the victories later on were really anti-climatic -__-

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 May 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#9 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

#1 Supporter of Akise Aru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:ALLLLLL the interests. Yeah, I'll update this later.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Oh...I should have looked harder for this thread. YEY...sleep.gif

Yours is the epitome of unadulterated love. You are willing to carry out an act of justice in the name of said love, and hell you are still walking around trying to get to your beloved after your head has been chopped clean off your shoulders? You sir, are a kittening winner in my book.
Congratulations.

"...my beloved Yukiteru-kun..."

#10 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Read the manga till the end including the Akise spin off and can safely say that I quite like it. Yuno is a bit freaky but can't say I don't like her, Yukiteru just piss me off sometimes (He is just so damn whiny even till the end....), Akise is pretty cool other than that somehow I just think his obsession with Yukiteru is a bit disturbing... the spin off centered on him is very entertaining though

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#11 Rainy Daze

Rainy Daze

#1 Supporter of Akise Aru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:ALLLLLL the interests. Yeah, I'll update this later.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

Idunno. I found Yuno's obsession to be a lot more disturbing. Akise's is just adorable. Plus his sacrifice is just so heart-breakingly valiant.

/sighs dreamily

I got new reviews on my Future Diary fic today. Woo!

Yours is the epitome of unadulterated love. You are willing to carry out an act of justice in the name of said love, and hell you are still walking around trying to get to your beloved after your head has been chopped clean off your shoulders? You sir, are a kittening winner in my book.
Congratulations.

"...my beloved Yukiteru-kun..."

#12 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

don't get me wrong, I like Akise well enough as a character, his guts and his lack of hesitation to take action are the two things that I can honestly say admire him for. its just his constant comment of being in love with Yukiteru that kinda disturbs me. Call me biased but I'm just not into yaoi, one sided or not. Yuno is a typical yukiteru obsessed yandere, she IS supposed to be freaky, as far as she's concerned, I think its just matter of personal taste, some people finds her attitude real hot, others just think she is damn creepy. I can agree with both.

Edited by BlackLightning, 05 April 2012 - 11:15 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#13 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Just finished the anime and I have to say.....I hate the whiny main character. He spoils the show for me. But still I like the whole story.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

My favorite character is Deus! a_thumbs.gif

#15 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

My fav is Minene obviously.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

Well Minene is freaking awesome for sure!!!! cool.gif

#17 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

i like strong girls like sakura mikasa lucy and yuno.  :excited: the scene when yuki struggles to say out yuno's name... is easily the most touching scene ever :wibble:

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Yuno, in some ways would be the perfect girlfriend. Well except for the yandere tendencies. But that is part of her appeal too......

#19 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Yuno creeped me out so many times that I actually shivered whenever I saw her. 「気持ち悪っ!」is what I thought every time she showed her ugly side. IDK, maybe its because I am a girl but just imagining if she acted that way towards me... god.. *shakes head* She does have good qualities though. Her loyalty... I guess? 

Aaanyway, I did like this manga and the anime did a pretty good job. I kinda want to see it again... Also, Minene is awesome, nuf said.

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users