123 replies to this topic

#41 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:28 PM

Even if it is his character to do so, it actually gets boring after 10 long years. Sure, that kind of attitude is charming at first but it's really getting old. I want to see a new dimension to his character. Something that gives his character more in-depth. His character development in Pain Arc was awesome, but then Kishi had to ruin it and somewhat retcon it. dry.gif

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#42 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 14 2011, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even if it is his character to do so, it actually gets boring after 10 long years. Sure, that kind of attitude is charming at first but it's really getting old. I want to see a new dimension to his character. Something that gives his character more in-depth. His character development in Pain Arc was awesome, but then Kishi had to ruin it and somewhat retcon it. dry.gif

Yeah, completely agree with you there. Naruto in the Pein arc was awesome. Real growth, emotional and physical, through his sage training, then he returns with an outstanding fight on a physical and moral/spiritual level. Then wrapping Nagato's bittersweet story in with it was great. Everything dovetailed so nicely.

There have been some good moments since then, but the beginning of the killerbee training was pretty much unbearable. A sham training, with those around him lying to him; the potty humor of determining an animal's sex; and didn't one of the nins even say it was a good thing Naruto was stupid enough to believe this? It's hard to go back to that kind of character bashing after him being so mature and powerful. I find it as unsavory as the Sakura fangirl stuff in the most recent filler anime.

But maybe this is setting up as a contrast for when he's fully matured (at the end of this arc). I dunno. Maybe not.

Anyway, I've been wondering about Naruto's keying right in on her location. Ofcourse that's significant for the NS vs. NH. But what if it's revealed in the end, through a flashback, that they resolved their love issue in the time after he returned home? Around when Sakura pops her head in the ramen stand to tell him that Tsunade is going to be ok. They would have had time, no outward threats, everything going positive for the moment. And they would have been together.

The more I think about it, the more I think that something must have been said between them to get everything back to normal. It's not the same as with Hinata, who's not his teammate. If he resolved things or not, life would just go on. But Sakura and Naruto would have to talk.

So thinking in those terms, if something is even loosely resolved between them — meaning they agree to address their feelings after the war — he obviously knows she cares for him deeply. And he's never stopped loving her. (That's the part other shippers can't quite wrap their heads around.) I think his natural inclination to seek her out is only going to grow. Especially now there is a place for his love to land, not just the blind hope of one day, some day....

So yeah, if he's sure of her love, and returns it, he will picture her on her own, as someone he alone is uniquely connected to. Notice she's not portrayed as Team 7, with Sai. And neither is Kakashi. This is the part of the manga that I like, the nonverbal messages conveyed through the art. Kishimoto could have made chosen any other scene, any other players. But he set them apart. So visually, it reads sensei, then partner. The partner he loves and is now sure loves him. biggrin.gif

#43 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

Actually, the training wasn't a scam at all. Just a coincidence. Although I'm willing to wager my money Tsunade predicted that Naruto would ask him to teach him how to control Kyuubi. But everything else..... yeah.....

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#44 Outou

Outou

when I'm really just a reclusive wanker

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:adventures, animals, anime, art, bleach, books, clamp, creating, daydreaming, dorks, dreams, fanfiction, friends, ghibli, history, internet, jpop, jrock, literature, love, magic, manga, math, merlin, movies, music, mythology, naruto, philosophy, poetry, procrastination, psychology, reading, science, seiyuu, video games, ♪。。。

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

I loved this chapter ~♡

Oh, Iruka.. You're such a great person(!)、please、marry me! 〇////////〇

#45 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Fois @ Apr 14 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loved this chapter ~♡

Oh, Iruka.. You're such a great person(!)、please、marry me! 〇////////〇

D8 !!!

I'll fight you for him! >:[
[/fangirlmode]

#46 Outou

Outou

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:adventures, animals, anime, art, bleach, books, clamp, creating, daydreaming, dorks, dreams, fanfiction, friends, ghibli, history, internet, jpop, jrock, literature, love, magic, manga, math, merlin, movies, music, mythology, naruto, philosophy, poetry, procrastination, psychology, reading, science, seiyuu, video games, ♪。。。

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Apr 15 2011, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
D8 !!!

I'll fight you for him! >:[
[/fangirlmode]

I accept your challenge!! (`0´)

#47 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Fois @ Apr 14 2011, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I accept your challenge!! (`0´)

It is on! D;<

#48 Outou

Outou

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Apr 15 2011, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is on! D;<

(/゜o゜)/ *kage bunshin no jutsu!!*
is it okay to post this here? ;;

#49 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

@tricksie I agree with all your points there! Not sure about the off panel "agreement" or discussion that Naruto and Sakura might have had though. They only had 2 encounters right after the confession, "Team 7 Reunion" and at the Ramen stand. Kishi sneaking in a flashback to one of those few encounters and seeing them discuss such a emotionally important matter, would be just plain weird. It would not fit into that time period and it would be too soon.

This is due to the story now kicking in high-gear. I really think the story is reaching its climax now and Kishi is doing a great job of keeping the romantic suspense going. I've seen it in fanfiction too, the author would make a huge confession or kiss scene or something big happen, and then there's not much time to discuss it or make it official for the two because there's a bigger, plot-moving event that's keeping them from doing so. (It usually ends up they get official and the conflict is resolved after the huge event.) Not all authors use it but I think it's a really fascinating element to the romantic aspect of a story.

So I think there is an internal agreement between Naruto and Sakura for them to not even bring it up in their heads because they are in the middle of... war! What more to separate two lovers and cause MORE conflicts than something such as war?

As for Naruto and Hinata, I have absolutely no idea how the heck Kishi will fit that in and have them resolve it -.- that is if he HAS them do it at all o.o Which as of now, I seriously think that Kishi might not even have them confront that issue at all, seeing how things are going down right now... Hinata is too much of a side character and the most important characters right now are 1.Naruto 2. Madara 3. Kabuto 4. Sasuke 5.Yamato 6.Kakashi/Sakura? 7.Other Team ARCS

The main focus is going to heavily revolve around those top 6 right now... Naruto fighting Madara, Kabuto, or Sasuke, then the possibility of Kakashi Sakura getting hurt or Naruto getting hut and Kakashi and Sakura don't take it well. They're Team 7 so they're the main Team arc in this whole thing. Even if they're in different teams right now, they have that bond that'll make them ditch their team just for the other person. Well, I'm not really sure about this paragraph I just wrote, but I'm so sure of Naruto's interaction involving those top 6 people, and if not at least 1 or 2 of them. That I'm sure of ^.^

(As for Sasuke Sakura... I dont really see what conflicts they have to resolve lol xD Sasuke never showed anything towards her so it's a one-sided conflict, its all up to Sakura to be the one to develop and finally disperse of any remaining feelings she has for Sasuke that affects her relationship with Naruto. Well for Sasuke's side... perhaps Sasuke can learn to acknowledge her at least, but Naruto is the only guy on his mind xD (haha no yaoi intended). But even then, even if Sasuke does acknowledge her or whatever, it would never be huge or anything. He's never showed any interest and if he fell in love right there instantly, for Sakura, in the middle of the battle field Imma... lets just say I'm gonna pay Kishi a visit in Japan haha xD.

So with that said, Sasuke's interaction with her would never and won't be as profound and significant as Naruto's potential interaction with Sakura. And the truest and best part of it is that it's a two-sided thing! Though Kishi hasn't been giving Sakura much panels lately, I believe that other than Madara, Kabuto, and Sasuke (well duh they're the freakin villains) NO OTHER CHARACTER has the same potential to have a huge and crazy event with Naruto. (Event as in him getting badly hurt or dieing and Sakura yennow... running to his side crying her eyes out xD and lovey dovey eyes xD)

I can't see any other character having that potential with Naruto besides those people. Kakashi...ehh, his reaction to Naruto dieing in the OVA is exactly what I expected, nothing too big. (That OVA was hella accurate btw, EXACTLY how I see it happening)

Basically everyone that was in the OVA are the most important characters right now even at where it's at right now in the manga. (The most important in GENERAL, of course there'll be those other arcs.)

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#50 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

Finally some Naruto screentime! laugh.gif
Now I hope for some Sakura screentime! biggrin.gif

#51 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 14 2011, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@tricksie I agree with all your points there! Not sure about the off panel "agreement" or discussion that Naruto and Sakura might have had though. They only had 2 encounters right after the confession, "Team 7 Reunion" and at the Ramen stand. Kishi sneaking in a flashback to one of those few encounters and seeing them discuss such a emotionally important matter, would be just plain weird. It would not fit into that time period and it would be too soon.

This is due to the story now kicking in high-gear. I really think the story is reaching its climax now and Kishi is doing a great job of keeping the romantic suspense going. I've seen it in fanfiction too, the author would make a huge confession or kiss scene or something big happen, and then there's not much time to discuss it or make it official for the two because there's a bigger, plot-moving event that's keeping them from doing so. (It usually ends up they get official and the conflict is resolved after the huge event.) Not all authors use it but I think it's a really fascinating element to the romantic aspect of a story.

So I think there is an internal agreement between Naruto and Sakura for them to not even bring it up in their heads because they are in the middle of... war! What more to separate two lovers and cause MORE conflicts than something such as war?

As for Naruto and Hinata, I have absolutely no idea how the heck Kishi will fit that in and have them resolve it -.- that is if he HAS them do it at all o.o Which as of now, I seriously think that Kishi might not even have them confront that issue at all, seeing how things are going down right now... Hinata is too much of a side character and the most important characters right now are 1.Naruto 2. Madara 3. Kabuto 4. Sasuke 5.Yamato 6.Kakashi/Sakura? 7.Other Team ARCS

The main focus is going to heavily revolve around those top 6 right now... Naruto fighting Madara, Kabuto, or Sasuke, then the possibility of Kakashi Sakura getting hurt or Naruto getting hut and Kakashi and Sakura don't take it well. They're Team 7 so they're the main Team arc in this whole thing. Even if they're in different teams right now, they have that bond that'll make them ditch their team just for the other person. Well, I'm not really sure about this paragraph I just wrote, but I'm so sure of Naruto's interaction involving those top 6 people, and if not at least 1 or 2 of them. That I'm sure of ^.^

(As for Sasuke Sakura... I dont really see what conflicts they have to resolve lol xD Sasuke never showed anything towards her so it's a one-sided conflict, its all up to Sakura to be the one to develop and finally disperse of any remaining feelings she has for Sasuke that affects her relationship with Naruto. Well for Sasuke's side... perhaps Sasuke can learn to acknowledge her at least, but Naruto is the only guy on his mind xD (haha no yaoi intended). But even then, even if Sasuke does acknowledge her or whatever, it would never be huge or anything. He's never showed any interest and if he fell in love right there instantly, for Sakura, in the middle of the battle field Imma... lets just say I'm gonna pay Kishi a visit in Japan haha xD.

So with that said, Sasuke's interaction with her would never and won't be as profound and significant as Naruto's potential interaction with Sakura. And the truest and best part of it is that it's a two-sided thing! Though Kishi hasn't been giving Sakura much panels lately, I believe that other than Madara, Kabuto, and Sasuke (well duh they're the freakin villains) NO OTHER CHARACTER has the same potential to have a huge and crazy event with Naruto. (Event as in him getting badly hurt or dieing and Sakura yennow... running to his side crying her eyes out xD and lovey dovey eyes xD)

I can't see any other character having that potential with Naruto besides those people. Kakashi...ehh, his reaction to Naruto dieing in the OVA is exactly what I expected, nothing too big. (That OVA was hella accurate btw, EXACTLY how I see it happening)

Basically everyone that was in the OVA are the most important characters right now even at where it's at right now in the manga. (The most important in GENERAL, of course there'll be those other arcs.)

well yeah seriously NH is about Hinata not Naruto it isn't important to the story either. she knows who Naruto loves and she already resolved her feelings back in the Pain arc. her character is over with and sasuke did care for Sakura but it was just not romantically. i know for sure tho he will have a happy ending.

Edited by Living Lavish, 14 April 2011 - 09:34 PM.

#52 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (jason voorhees @ Apr 13 2011, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
K9@
If sasuke is to be redeemed killing Iruka would jest mess up everything as well as narutos nindo an saveing his friends.

That's exactly the point! If Sasuke kills any character close to Naruto, he can kiss his chances at redemption goodbye. The death of a loved one would make Naruto realize that saving Sasuke from the darkness is a lost cause.

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Apr 13 2011, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They have at least 50K Zetsu's left. And they can recruit road ninja. It's a dreary time right now. The countries are allied, there's a war etc. It's the perfect time for road ninja who won't work with the Allies to work with the Akatsuki and get a huge reward if they succeed. There is no shortage of talent in the world either. I honestly think that Madara has hoards of people he can recruit. Some of whom may get the ring.

That and there's also the possibility that Madara has the small nation ninja villages as allies who actually control territory. It would also be cool if Kishimoto made a reference to World War 2 by naming Madara's faction the Axis Shinobi Powers since the Kage's faction is called Allied Shinobi Forces.

NOTE: To all the people who think Naruto might die. Well it's obvious that Naruto might die if Kishimoto actually plans on drawing the Ten-Tailed Beast in it's actually form and not as a silhouette. But I don't think that it would be this arc but several arcs later. Kishimoto did say in volume 48 that the series will last a very long time. Plus it would be more realistic if the war took up twenty to eighty arcs at the very least or a smaller amount.

I hope to see some kind of narusaku moment in the future chapters. narusaku.gif

#53 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Apr 14 2011, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The death of a loved one would make Naruto realize that saving Nagato from the darkness is a lost cause.

oh wait... tongue.gif

#54 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Apr 14 2011, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh wait... tongue.gif

The difference is that Naruto didn't know Pain/Nagato personally and didn't meat him until the end of the Invasion of Pain Arc. With Sasuke it would get through that thick skull of Naruto's. Though knowing him, he'd probably come up with some bullsh** excuse to justify forgiveness and world peace in a military setting. dry.gif

#55 TAMU Express

TAMU Express

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Drumming, metal music (Dream Theatre, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My Valentine, Symphony X, The Fall of Troy, Megadeth, etc.), sports (Played a lot of basketball due to height and love of the game), physical fitness (kinda a gym rat).

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Apr 14 2011, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's exactly the point! If Sasuke kills any character close to Naruto, he can kiss his chances at redemption goodbye. The death of a loved one would make Naruto realize that saving Sasuke from the darkness is a lost cause.

That and there's also the possibility that Madara has the small nation ninja villages as allies who actually control territory. It would also be cool if Kishimoto made a reference to World War 2 by naming Madara's faction the Axis Shinobi Powers since the Kage's faction is called Allied Shinobi Forces.

NOTE: To all the people who think Naruto might die. Well it's obvious that Naruto might die if Kishimoto actually plans on drawing the Ten-Tailed Beast in it's actually form and not as a silhouette. But I don't think that it would be this arc but several arcs later. Kishimoto did say in volume 48 that the series will last a very long time. Plus it would be more realistic if the war took up twenty to eighty arcs at the very least or a smaller amount.

I hope to see some kind of narusaku moment in the future chapters. narusaku.gif

I imagine Kishimoto will stay way from any WWII references...that did not really work out for Japan.

I really don't see Naruto killing Sasuke out of rage. I could see like an Old Yeller situation where the rabid dog is put down out of sympathy or sadness.
So long to Texas University!
Shout out to all the Political Science majors out there!

#56 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

I feel sorry for the Rookie 10, they are probably feeling good about themselves at them moment as they finally closing the gap slightly on the orginal Sage Naruto, only for him to not only improve on his Sage level, he's gone to a whole new level with RS Mode.

I can't wait to see what idea will pop in Naruto's mind that will allow him to complete the Bijuu Blast, before he's relied on the Clones to complete all his techniques before, (Naruto Renden, Rasengan, RasenShuriken, Collect Nature Chackra whilsts he's fighting.) but he's not allowed to use the Clones when in RS Mode otherwise Kyuubi will drain his chakra in half the time, so for the first time in the series I can think of (since learning the Shadow Clone Technique) he will have to think beyond the clones. Can't wait to see the results.

iAnby7W.gif

#57 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Apr 14 2011, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is on! D;<

Villain are you fighting battles that you shouldn't be fighting? You're going to spread yourself thin.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#58 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:21 AM

I don't think that Naruto will be welcomed with open arm unless the battle turns for the worse. Everyone is fighting to keep Naruto and Bee safe, and if Naruto arrives with the battle going well, then they probably won't be too happy with him. However, the next few weeks could show the tide turn and create a desperate situation in which Naruto's presence is needed. That would open the door to Naruto demonstrating the legendary hero that he has become to all of the shinobi alliance. However, I can also see him ultimately being killed by Sauske and Madara. We have to remember that Naruto has already had some sort of glimpse of what his future holds, and he stated again in this chapter that he is destined to ultimately shoulder all of the hatred of war himself. That leads me to believe that he will have a death scene at some point. We saw that Kushina stayed alive after the ninetails was extracted from her. It would provide an excellent opportunity to convert Sauske, seeing someone he once considered his best friend die in front of him as a direct result of his actions. Maybe even a NaruSaku moment as she tries to heal him, but he has to tell her it's too late. Madara will probably become the host of the ten tails and complete his technique with no one left to stand in his way. It won't end there though... I see the whole scenario leading to a resurrection scene that makes Gara's look insignificant by comparison. The reason for the markings linking Naruto to the Sage of the 6 paths would then be revealed and the final battle would be between the ultimate villain, Madara, and the ultimate hero, Naruto. Anyway, I expect it to be one heck of a ride no matter what happens. smile.gif

#59 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Zin @ Apr 14 2011, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*shrug* Can anyone actually name more than 5 main characters from mangas that were intelligent or mature ? It seems as though idiotic main characters run rampant through the manga world.

Which makes me love them.

#60 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Apr 13 2011, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also liked the effect the shadow possesion jutsu has on Sage mode, it will add a whole different dimension to the way Shikamaru and Naruto work together, the ability to detect all your allies and enemies is beyond even the Hyuuga's Byakuyan.

Actually, Naruto was able to sense everything going on because he was outside of the sealed room. It had nothing to do with the Shadow Possession. We already knew that his Sage mode was capable of detecting chakras at long range, like when he arrived at the ruins of Konoha. happy.gif

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Apr 14 2011, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Incredible chapter. I love how everything is progressing. I still am predicting that Naruto will die though, but I don't think he will stay dead.

Sakura: "Naruto! I thought you were dead!"

Naruto: "Er, I got better."

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 14 2011, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When things get serious, Naruto does mature. To be fair, Naruto only looked idiotic because Kishi was trying to inject some "humour" into the Bee training arc. In the serious scenes, Naruto does show intelligence and maturity.

I can understand his reaction. Who would sit back and be OK with their friends risking their lives? Naruto cares deeply about every single one of those bonds he has painstakingly built with everyone over the past years, and he doesn't want to stand idly by while they risk themselves for him. If they're going to fight, Naruto wants to do everything he can to help.

Kabuto will be very pleased to see Naruto arrive on the scene. I'm predicting that he decides to use the unknown corpse that shocked Madara... and it's the Yondaime. Either that, or he sends Itachi (who reminds Naruto about the "special power").

It'd be a really emotional scene if Naruto did fight his own father. Imagine just how shocked Sakura and the others would be if they heard Naruto's words to the legendary Yondaime Hokage:

Naruto: "Hey, Dad..."

Kyuubi Sage Naruto vs. Yellow Flash. That'd be epic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users