Close
Photo

The NEW NaruSaku Debate Thread

• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#51161 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:21 PM

Also the sage mode mixed with nine tails you see when he talks to nagato would be cool

I can imagine ways Naruto could use Kurama's chakra with Sage Mode later on could be epic! I know that for my fanfic, I've thought of Naruto using different ways he uses Kurama's chakra as they slowly bond with each other, and how he can use his chakra on top of his own from training himself, while his working with Kurama's chakra is more instinctive.

#51162 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:35 AM

Question... Which character was butchered worse? Luke from the Last Jedi or Naruto?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#51163 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:49 PM

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII........... Tough call........ Naruto. Slightly worse only, all things considered if you ask me, but ultimately the decisive factor IMO is that Naruto's character development etc. was all thrown out the window for a cringy, garbage, kitten romance that has NOTHING to do with he franchise itself. I understand that Star Wars also ruined it's story in the eyes of  many with Luke and some other plot elements, that but that has more to do with the writers being nincompoops that failed to communicate anything about their intentions to their successors,, and the story telling fell apart all from there. But that is just my opinion and anyone can correct me on my discrepancies. But that is how I feel in any case   

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51164 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:20 PM

Naruto obviously

Luke wasnt even butchered quite frankly. it was a logical storytelling element of the embittered old warrior who felt his failings meant the need for his exile and who takes on the eager young apprentice who helps him overcome his pereived failings to take a stand before heroically sacraficing himself. its classic storytelling and perfectly appropo for Star Wars

Naruto was just plain butchered because he became stagnant and worse a cliche. the boy who was suppoesed to work for and earn everything was handed everything on a silver platter and then frackled that up for the sake of comedic convenience. the hero of the village was taken down by a child and his idiot offspring had to spend the whole time making a sham out of the proceedings

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#51165 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:23 PM

That is true, although I heard something about even Mark Hamill not being satisfied with the writing regarding Luke in SW:TLJ, so even if the character wasn't ruined many people don't take satisfaction from it either. I assume it is because many didn't like the idea of Luke, who was so intent in believing his own father is still good and can do right, gave into the tempting thought of killing his nephew (even if only for a second), JUST BECAUSE he felt a bit of darkness in Ben. And not to mention, the idea of being embittered by the concept of Jedi when he was the head of the new order of them and therefore what would he there to be embittered by, as he is making new traditions, not being hampered by the old. That is my guess though. But again it it two of us right now that say Naruto Boruto is WORSE in butchering it's characters.

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 January 2020 - 04:54 PM.

#51166 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:12 AM

That is true, although I heard something about even Mark Hamill not being satisfied with the writing regarding Luke in SW:TLJ, so even if the character wasn't ruined many people don't take satisfaction from it either. I assume it is because many didn't like the idea of Luke, who was so intent in believing his own father is still good and can do right, gave into the tempting thought of killing his nephew, JUST BECAUSE he felt a bit of darkness in Ben. And not to mention, the idea of being embittered by the concept of Jedi when he was the head of the new order of them and therefore what would he there to be embittered by, as he is making new traditions, not being hampered by the old. That is my guess though. But again it it two of us right now that say Naruto Boruto is WORSE in butchering it's characters.

Yeah. I get WHY it was done, it's just that Luke in the Legends Universe at least knew of the mistakes the Jedi had made previously, and he'd allow the new order he formed to feel, to make their own choices and not just to close off their hearts, for better or for worse while in the canon, he just tried to keep the old ways only seeing their flaws when he made his biggest mistake. But boy does Boruto take it even worse than what the current Star Wars movies have done.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 15 December 2019 - 03:43 AM.

#51167 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:35 AM

The Naruto franchise DESTROYED itself for a side character. That will always be worse than destroying your franchise just to extend it for money. But Naruto has done that too, so go figure. Quadruple the kitten. :lmao:

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 December 2019 - 05:35 AM.

#51168 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:54 AM

Well, to be honest both have suffered the same fate; having to become a complete failures in order for their successor to simply repeat what they already accomplish (but its better for some reason despite the story being crap because main character is now woman/Hinata's offspring) because the people behind the sequel are incompetent hacks. 

But. Luke only has to be dragged through the mud for one to two movies (or at least that's all anyone will care about) which will be over this month. Naruto, it is never-ending.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 15 December 2019 - 05:56 AM.

#51169 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:57 AM

In the upcoming star wars daisey Ridley said Rey didn't get a parent figure from Luke but she gets it from Leia in the next movie so that just tells me jj Abrams is rearranging the story since the last Jedi went off script. Also Luke's death feels really hollow for a main character he fails his whole life except to convince his dad to return to the light side of the force but in the last Jedi he cuts himself off from the force and accepts the Galaxy can just die and he doesn't care about it or han or Leia and he lets han die through his inaction against kylo Ren and then rey and r2 convince him to help and have a change of heart and even after his death Rey finds more relatable parent figures in Leia and han

#51170 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:03 AM

One other thing that's clear is that Luke's fans were star wars fans including Mark Hamill and him hating the story and wanting a meaningful role which should've been a given is a shame.leia was right in a new hope and it's certainly true for Disney "if money is all you love then that is what you'll receive"

#51171 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:04 AM

The Last Jedi pretty much threw out all the "mystery boxes" Abrams made in episode seven, and left pretty much nothing to work with for a sequel (mentor is dead, main villain is dead, remaining villains are non-threatening, characters' dragged through mud, good guy's forces gone with it made blatantly clear they will get no reinforcement because everyone else has surrendered, and so on). So, Abrams from what I have heard is throwing everything he can out there hoping it will work. From what I hear...it will not.

#51172 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:05 AM

As for weapons, in one of my fanfics, I have Naruto getting a small specialized blade, like Asuma's, that's just for wind users. That just seems like a thing he should have! It seems crazy that his only real skill aside from the kyuubi's power is to make rasengans. It always seems like his go-to technique is just blasting the bad guys with power. It's a shame they didn't connect Naruto with a weapon or technique that was his mother's. You know, something that only a descendant of the Whirlpool could wield.

Sakura seems to be the same way. She can heal and pound things, but there's nothing that connects her to a specific weapon. Hell even Kabuto had a scalpel - Sakura doesn't even get that! As far as weapons, Naruto and Sakura both just use what they were issued in academy, and never appear to expand on it.

#51173 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:07 AM

As for weapons, in one of my fanfics, I have Naruto getting a small specialized blade, like Asuma's, that's just for wind users. That just seems like a thing he should have! It seems crazy that his only real skill aside from the kyuubi's power is to make rasengans. It always seems like his go-to technique is just blasting the bad guys with power. It's a shame they didn't connect Naruto with a weapon or technique that was his mother's. You know, something that only a descendant of the Whirlpool could wield.

Sakura seems to be the same way. She can heal and pound things, but there's nothing that connects her to a specific weapon. Hell even Kabuto had a scalpel - Sakura doesn't even get that! As far as weapons, Naruto and Sakura both just use what they were issued in academy, and never appear to expand on it.

Oh Your still writing it...what happen in like the last ten chapters? I just want to see if its progressed since I read it years ago.

#51174 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:18 AM

If anything, there's some possibilities with Sakura for sure, not just for her strength, but something to fit her work as a medical ninja so she can protect herself besides just using her fists and feet as well as her speed and agility. It's the hard part I am trying to think about for Sakura in The Demon Within, considering I am wanting to expand on what Naruto can do.

What I thought in regards to how he uses Kurama's chakra is shown like in canon, but he also develops different "cowls" with Kurama's help to be able to handle different situations, even if his body also is gonna have a hard time now and then with how he uses Kurama's chakra, especially if it's too much.

#51175 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:01 PM

Oh Your still writing it...what happen in like the last ten chapters? I just want to see if its progressed since I read it years ago.

oh yeah, I'm still writing it. My posting slowed waaay down over the past few years due to...life! lol- But I haven't given up on it yet! :D

If anything, there's some possibilities with Sakura for sure, not just for her strength, but something to fit her work as a medical ninja so she can protect herself besides just using her fists and feet as well as her speed and agility. It's the hard part I am trying to think about for Sakura in The Demon Within, considering I am wanting to expand on what Naruto can do.

What I thought in regards to how he uses Kurama's chakra is shown like in canon, but he also develops different "cowls" with Kurama's help to be able to handle different situations, even if his body also is gonna have a hard time now and then with how he uses Kurama's chakra, especially if it's too much.

Ooooo Naruto working with different levels of Kurama's strength to create new techniques - that would be so awesome! I love that idea. 

Yeah, Sakura's skills definintely need some upgrades. If you write for her, then you see just how much Kishi dropped off in her development as the manga went on!!!

#51176 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:32 PM

Ooooo Naruto working with different levels of Kurama's strength to create new techniques - that would be so awesome! I love that idea. 

Yeah, Sakura's skills definintely need some upgrades. If you write for her, then you see just how much Kishi dropped off in her development as the manga went on!!!

Yeah, I thought it would be too, since I can imagine he can do all kinds of things with it by funneling certain amounts of it and manipulating the form of the cloak too. I mean, all we usually see with some Jinchuriki is just using the chakra in ways to change themselves more into their Biju, like Gaara and Killer Bee did, but since I feel Naruto's bond to Kurama is different than that, especially since I am building it up early in The Demon Within, and how Naruto is the only Jinchuriki we've seen who typically has referred to his Biju by their name, it lets him stand out more compared to the others to have different ways to use Kurama's chakra.

Agreed! I like to imagine Sakura being really good in the medical department for sure, and the sad part we never got in canon, even if the last databook revealed it, is seeing Sakura with her nature transformation(s)! It even took so long for her to show she knew the Summoning Jutsu, even if it was hinted she knew it due to training under Tsunade, like how Naruto got contracted to the frogs of Mt. Myoboku because of Jiraiya, and further connecting him to his dad, or Sasuke getting it while he and Orochimaru were using each other for their own goals.

#51177 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:45 PM

Honestly I really dont think Sakura needs a weapon of any sort EVER

When your fists and feet are capable of shattering mountains does a sword really mean much?

I mean seriously whats going to happen are people going to fear her more becase she has a weapon? Shinobi watches sakura cave in a massive section of land with a single punch meh watches her pull out an axe OHNOES!! she has an axe

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#51178 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:55 PM

Question... Which character was butchered worse? Luke from the Last Jedi or Naruto?

Oooh tough one. They both got ruined for a girl who didn't deserve it, but while Luke was given a quick death, Naruto is continuing to suffer at the hands of it all.

See below for more of my reason.

Honestly I really dont think Sakura needs a weapon of any sort EVER

When your fists and feet are capable of shattering mountains does a sword really mean much?

I mean seriously whats going to happen are people going to fear her more becase she has a weapon? Shinobi watches sakura cave in a massive section of land with a single punch meh watches her pull out an axe OHNOES!! she has an axe

.......ummm.....so you think a boxer or kickboxer doesn't need a weapon in war because "they can punch harder than the average soldier?" No matter how strong Sakura is, blade wills be more deadly in the long run. Especially if the blades are infused with chakra elements. What would Sakura's fist do against....say...Sasuke's chidori sword?

I am reminded of Yūkyūzan Anji from Ruroni Kenshin. That powerful monk that can obliterate rocks to sand with just his fist. He could channel his technique into his feet, fist, and yes even to his small blade that he wielded. Imagine Sakura pushing her abilities into her axe to direct the force in ways that her blunt force would miss out on. Or even throw the weapon.

Naruto obviously

Luke wasnt even butchered quite frankly. it was a logical storytelling element of the embittered old warrior who felt his failings meant the need for his exile and who takes on the eager young apprentice who helps him overcome his pereived failings to take a stand before heroically sacraficing himself. its classic storytelling and perfectly appropo for Star Wars

I disagree with this on the principle of how Luke was in the EU that was originally canon until Disney took over. In the EU, Luke was very wise and very powerful. He was so wise in fact that he even taught his students that the force is neutral. It is what you do with it that makes you good or evil.

The fact that Luke sensed only slight darkness in Kylo and abandoned the Jedi ways ENTIRELY is the most ridiculous thing he could have done. The idea of "the bitter old warrior who felt his failings meant the need for exile" is a logical element....if it wasn't used for Luke's story. If Luke tried to save Kylo, but failed is not what happened. Luke caused Kylo to go evil trying to kill him in his sleep indicating to Kylo that Luke did not trust him. Luke's whole thing was that he can sense when his friends and family are in trouble.

Now if Kylo became evil on his own and Luke failed to persuade him, then sure, but the fact that the whole reason why Kylo is as he is is because Luke himself pushed it...that is stupid. That is not Luke. Especially when compared to Luke to the EU canon that was the original canon before Disney took over.

That's like Han Solo giving up his mercenary ways because "I didn't do as good of job as he wanted to do and still got paid for it."

It is just the fact that Luke can sense the good in people no matter how evil they are and now all of a sudden a small bit of darkness can deter him forever. Naruto is the same way. Naruto brags that hardwork trumps genes and being born privileged, but then he himself is born privileged in every way possible. That's the garbage tier logic.

Even in real world logic this is garbage to people. Imagine a rich person telling a poor person "if you work hard, you can be where I am too," but that person was BORN into wealth. Now, I am not going to argue whether or not people should be thankful for what they have, but the fact of the hypocrisy is what people hate.

"Without suffering you would not have compassion"
"Tell that to the people who are suffering."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 15 December 2019 - 09:02 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#51179 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:04 PM

.......ummm.....so you think a boxer or kickboxer doesn't need a weapon in war because "they can punch harder than the average soldier?" No matter how strong Sakura is, blade wills be more deadly in the long run. Especially if the blades are infused with chakra elements. What would Sakura's fist do against....say...Sasuke's chidori sword?

I am reminded of Yūkyūzan Anji from Ruroni Kenshin. That powerful monk that can obliterate rocks to sand with just his fist. He could channel his technique into his feet, fist, and yes even to his small blade that he wielded. Imagine Sakura pushing her abilities into her axe to direct the force in ways that her blunt force would miss out on. Or even throw the weapon.

Exactly, which is why Anji was dangerous. Hell, Sanosuke was barely able to come out on top fighting Anji, and it took Sano having to do a Sanju no Kiwami to be able to defeat him, applying what he learned of the Futae no Kiwami from Anji, and applying something more. I can only imagine Sakura with something to work best around releasing her chakra as she does with her punches and kicks, and what could be done with it, thinking back to this. Good thing you brought it up, James!

#51180 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:10 PM

Exactly, which is why Anji was dangerous. Hell, Sanosuke was barely able to come out on top fighting Anji, and it took Sano having to do a Sanju no Kiwami to be able to defeat him, applying what he learned of the Futae no Kiwami from Anji, and applying something more. I can only imagine Sakura with something to work best around releasing her chakra as she does with her punches and kicks, and what could be done with it, thinking back to this. Good thing you brought it up, James!

Anji was always my favorite character. I always love the warrior monk fighting style. They still used weapons despite how powerful their techniques were. Using weapons always made you superior no matter how strong someone is physically. Unlike the movies, knives hurt and will kill.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users