#1 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE ("Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Film in Development at Fox")
The IFMagazine.com entertainment website reports that film producer Erwin Stoff (The Matrix, A Scanner Darkly) is developing a live-action adaptation of Sunrise's Cowboy Bebop multi-genre action anime series for Fox. Stoff told the website that the project is "in the really early stages" since the parties "just signed it the other day." Shinichiro Watanabe's original anime follows the motley crew of the spaceship Bebop as it travels throughout the solar system in search of the next job. Stoff promised "a real degree of faithfulness," and added, “When I met with them in Japan, one of the first things that I brought up was the experience that we had on A Scanner Darkly, and how hard we worked to remain faithful to Philip K. kitten, and that was our big concern here.”

The anime distributor Bandai Entertainment and Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block released the original 1998 television series in the United States, and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment released the subsequent 2001 animated movie. The anime was also adapted into two separate manga series, and Tokyopop released both manga series in North America. A Bandai Entertainment representative was unable to publicly comment on this report.

Source!

DragonBall has one, now Cowboy Bepbop as well. Epic success...or epic failure? I'm optimistic!

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Dec 18 2008, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cowboy Bebop
QUOTE ("Keanu Reeves Spills the Bean on Live-Action 'Cowboy Bebop' Project")

The star of 'The Day the Earth Stood Still', Keanu Reeves, confirms his involvement in developing live-action 'Cowboy Bebop', dishing out what he envisions for the adaptation film.

Keanu Reeves reveals in recent interview that he is indeed involved in the "Cowboy Bebop" live-action project. "We're trying to do that," the 44-year-old told MTV News of the project though not giving any clue on whether he is attached to portray Spike Spiegel, as many have speculated back in July.

Suggesting that the feature adaptation of the popular Japanese anime is moving forward, the star of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" claims, "We've got the rights, we've got a writer. He's putting together a scene outline." He further lets out that the idea for the storyline is to focus on the origins of the "Bebop" drug developed by the military, which allows its users to get a brief surge of superhuman reflexes and awareness.

"We're taking the Red Eye [story]," Reeves explains further on where the story will be taken from, "the beginning part of the series and then we'll deal with the end of the series. We're trying to figure out [the time frame]. We're looking at the story right now." He then adds on the difficulties of making the series into a movie, "...it's so episodic and so disconnected. We're trying to figure out what pieces to put together to tell one story."

"Because it's such a short form, to make a 2 hour version [will be tough]. And it's got so much of an origin-story obligation; you've got to get people up to speed, but you don't want to do much of that. There are a lot of things to take into consideration, but we think we can do something good."

"Cowboy Bebop" itself is a popular Japanese anime series directed by Shinichiro Watanabe. The story is set in the year of 2071 A.D. where nation-states have collapsed and people are living throughout the solar system. It is centered on a group of bounty hunters known as 'Cowboys' who travel together on a spaceship named 'Bebop' to capture criminals for the money rewards.

Source!
How long after Naruto and Bleach finish do they get live action? One Piece? YuYu Hakusho?

#2 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:35 PM

Samuel L Jackson as Jet

Im not going to try and even guess who should play Spike, I just hope they stay true. This show was basically a gangster film in anime, and they shouldn't mess that up.

Edited by Mik3, 23 July 2008 - 09:36 PM.

\

#3 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

I sense failure a_shifty.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#4 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

Jet was white for starters, and please please please, dont Ameri-vision this sh#t and f#ck it up. Let Japan handle it we'll steal and fansub it while you take a year to dub it.

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#5 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:48 PM

Now this is an anime that could make a good live-action film. As far as casting goes? Here's my opinion:

Spike-Edward Norton (he has the charisma for it he just needs to learn kung fu lol)
Faye-Scarlett Johansson
Jet-Samuel L. Jackson

uc.png

#6 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

It's a so-so for me about a Live-Action Bebop movie actually.

Since the anime (including the dub), to me, was amazing -a live action film could actually be pretty decent or even better than most expect. Although, Live Action movies could be made for better or worst... and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't mess up Cowboy Bebop since the theme of the anime could be pretty easy to re-create on film. But at the same time... it might not be a good idea. But we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

This movie could either be a success or fail...or probably in-between. ^^;
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#7 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:computer, games, anime, manga and alot of random things:D

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

crazy stuff man. it might be good but i really do think that unless they have extremly good actors to play the parts with some kickass cg effects. i think it might suck.

#8 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:15 AM

Who's playing Ed? What's the storyline they'll be creating? Does anyone know when DB live action will be coming out into theaters?
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#9 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Jul 23 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who's playing Ed? What's the storyline they'll be creating? Does anyone know when DB live action will be coming out into theaters?

Who knows, probably the anime's and March 13th of next year stay on topic.

Edited by L, 25 July 2008 - 03:27 AM.

uc.png

#10 Juujuu

Juujuu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:God, art, literature, music, anime, romance, internet, friends

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

O.O

*rushes off to tell her Cowboy Bebop obsessed friend*
"Balthier is Sexy" Fangirl Army - SECOND IN COMMAND JUUJUU!

#11 Chidori Mistress

Chidori Mistress

Lolita of Squack <3

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:48 AM

I heard Keanu Reeves is going to be Spike.

#12 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:19 AM

keanu reeves is spike.

D:

NYUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOURRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!1

#13 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (Chidori Mistress @ Aug 5 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh hell naw! rawr.gif

uc.png

#14 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (L @ Aug 6 2008, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh hell naw! rawr.gif

IAWTC. arg.gif

no offense to mister Keanu (you're cute and all, and i like ur "dude...oh hell dude...dude" roles) but C'MON; SPIKE!?

that's pushing it! DX
and i heard it's confirmed too-- i'm not sure if it is personally, but a friend of mine who is a big fan of cowboy bebop sent me this HUGE ASH voicemail verbally destroying keanu and the casting director for this movie... ):

NYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRHHH. DX

#15 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Chidori Mistress @ Aug 5 2008, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, supposedly that's a finality in casting, which is utter BS. This guy has the charisma of a wooden board and a voice as emotion-packed as tapioca pudding. maybe if they let Stephen J. Blum voice over it might be okay.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#16 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:31 AM

Awesome, now get Miley Cyrus to play ED, and were set for epic fail.
\

#17 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:48 AM

It was epic fail when Fox took it over. They butcher a lot of movies and shows these days. DX

#18 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:54 AM

Fox? Keanu Reeves? I have a bad feeling about this...

#19 Juujuu

Juujuu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:God, art, literature, music, anime, romance, internet, friends

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

Keanu Reeves? Wtf?

I hope it's a hoax D8

It might be actually o_0 didnt the movie just get signed on? If so, it's highly unlikely that they've casted anyone yet.
"Balthier is Sexy" Fangirl Army - SECOND IN COMMAND JUUJUU!

#20 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:25 AM

Cowboy Bebop

http://www.aceshowbi...w/00020675.html

How long after Naruto and Bleach finish do they get live action? One Piece? YuYu Hakusho?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users