Under New Management!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:36 PM

Tonight, after this post has been submitted, I will no longer be the main admin of the Heaven & Earth boards.

This has not been an easy decision for me, but I genuinely feel that this is for the best. In recent times, I have been unable to dedicate enough time to my admin role due to work and web design. This has meant that I have not been able to keep pace with the growth of this place, nor carry out my role to its fullest.

I came to this decision a few days ago, but did not publicly announce it until today because I wanted to discuss it with the mods and ensure the future of Heaven & Earth was secure.

I am pleased to announce that Nick Soapdish and Sakura Blossoms will be promoted to Kage level, joining Hokuten, and the three of them will take over my role. biggrin.gif I genuinely believe that this place is in safe hands and am excited about what the future holds in store for us! So, please join me in congratulating and supporting them in their new roles. smile.gif

As for myself, I will still stay on as a moderator mainly dealing with technical support (board bugs, hosting, new skins and such) and lend the new admins my support whenever possible. happy.gif I will always visit whenever I can!

I would like to say that this has been an amazing (nearly) two years running this place. While it was a tiring job at times, I am very proud of this place and its community! It has grown to be a part of me.

Thank you, everyone, for coming here. smile.gif Without all of you, Heaven & Earth would not have become the bustling board it is these days. When I created this place, I had no idea it would grow so big - even including a gallery, chatroom, and library! I have so many memories, and there is an amazing variety of people here - something that is brought home when you see threads such as The Great Heaven & Earth Member Slideshows.

Thank you, to every single moderator for helping me run this place! Without your time and dedication, I would probably have gone crazy some time ago. tongue.gif Every one of you have been great friends, and I owe you all so much.

While there is some sadness at stepping down, I am genuinely excited at what the new era may bring!

Again, thank you, every one of you - mod and non-mod - for helping make Heaven & Earth the place it is today. smile.gif

*bows*

#2 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:46 PM

*sniffs* You will be missed Smiter-sama. irrespective whether or not you're an Active Kage..... You will always be a Kage to me. even if its just in spirit!

*raises a toast*
All hail Smiter-sama! One of the greatest Kage's i've ever known! (not that i knew many kage's mind you tongue.gif )

*Turns to SakuB and Nick*
Er..... Guys.... i kinda ran outta champagne. would you mind if i used rum ?
*raises a bottle of rum*
Congrats guys! Ye both will make excellent Kage's. I can tell!
*Passes out from overdose of rum*

#3 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:18 PM

... and that's the legend of Smiter... the first Kage of Heaven & Earth, who battled the great demon called "Workandwebdesign" and he lost. But his soul will live on in a newborn baby...

... called..... Smiter Junior. huh.gif

laugh.gif

Erm... yah, whatever,

...as long as u don't leave H&E forever biggrin.gif

#4 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

You sound as if you're leaving for good in that post sad.gif
Well, no matter who's running the site, you'll always be THE Hokage to me :thumbs: And good luck to Nick and Sakura-chan in their new duties.

#5 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:51 PM

Last time I was on a board that went under new management it went to hell...but I do not believe it will happen to this place.

Heh, congrats to Nick and Sakura-chan for the promotion!

#6 M1abrams

M1abrams

The Colonel

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Anime and Airsoft, what else is there in life...oh yeah....RAMEN!!!!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:35 PM

It is customary among the Fire Services, that when a Chief retires from service, that a small persetion of trucks and firefighters march down the main road through town. Though I do not think I could convince my Chief to hold a parade in your honor. I will however blare the siren and lay on the air horns for you while enroute to the next call. Also...his helmet is retired and presented to him during a ceramony...but you dont have a helmet laugh.gif

But even if we cannot give you a parade or a helmet...I solute you Smiter, 1st Hokage of the Heaven and Earth Boards.

Image by Andorea-chan, the greatest artist I know!

#7 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:51 PM

We'll see what we can do to keep from driving the board into the ditch. biggrin.gif

But I do know two things.

First, that SakuB and myself (as well as everybody who hasn't changed hats) will continue to do the best that we can to keep Heaven & Earth the awesome forum that it has been.

And second, despite that, there will be change. Like Smiter said, the board has grown tremendously in the last almost two years, getting the library, gallery, and chatroom and growing to over 1200 members. Even with only a quarter being active, that's a lot of people. So changes will continue to come and we will continue to try and hold on to the atmosphere that helps make Heaven & Earth so great to begin with so we can hold on to what's really important - the members.

P.S. Nice monkey, Smiter. laugh.gif

#8 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:25 PM

omfg.gif sad.gif ...wait, you're not LEAVING LEAVING..you're just...leaving! =__=;; Whew, that's good! XD

Ah, so the 1st Hokage has retired ay? Ahhh..

*standing ovation*

You should still stay and hang each day, Smiter-san! a_dance.gif Great Job in your term! ^__^

a_plotting.gif Hahhaa, Nice Nick-san is co-hokage with Sakura...

a_shifty.gif

Though, my question to this... Why's everyone leaving?

#9 Penandsword1

Penandsword1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:40 PM

Good-bye Smiter-san, even though I really don't you very well, you kept H & E running like a well oiled machine. Visit us though cause you will be missed. Congrats Nick-san and Sakura-san, I'm sure you will be great Hokages to everyone here. And good question krisk-san, why is everyone leaving? First Tennis-san and then MonkeysTotallyRock-san. Who would life claim next?????
From the flight deck before takeoff: I'm only gonna say this once: You have to turn off your laptop, iPod, Game Boy, CD player, BlackBerry, blueberry, strawberry, cherry, and Halle Berry -- yes, you have to turn her off, too! You have to turn off anything that isn't keeping you alive.

--JetBlue flight, JFK

#10 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:51 PM

That's co-Hokage with SakuB and Hoku. He's not stepping down.

As to the question about why everyone's leaving, I believe the reasons cited have been school and other things in life. H&E can be kinda addictive and take up a lot of a person's time if they aren't careful which is really bad if you don't have any time.

But people coming and going from the boards happens all the time. We even have a MIA thread. It's just been a bit more noticeable recently.

#11 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:57 PM

I agree with Nick. H&E is like a drug(or a drink.....depends on person to person tongue.gif). Its frikkin addictive. The trick to staying normal is moderation..... something that some people are unable to do. like me.... i used to hang here for hours a day. That really screwed up my other responsibilities and i'll admit that i left too (though i didn't announce it) for a few months. I DID come back however....... and i regulate myself now. (no more then 30 mins TOTAL in a day...regardles of how many visits. I'm currently clocking 27 mins for today. wink.gif )

#12 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:06 AM

We'll miss you guys! :shamefulcry0js: But you'll still be around, right? You three are awesome! And congrats to Nick-kun and Sakura-chan. smile.gif

Im talking on the phone with Tennis-chan. She's at a Tennis match. She says she'll mis you guys. And congrats to Nick and Sakura-sis. She'll be on this weekend to chat.

Tennis-chan says dont leave Mom and Dad. XD

We wouldn't be nothing if you didn't start this site. We love you guys. Im gonna cry and so is Tennis-chan. Hope to see you guys soon. happy.gif

#13 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:01 AM

Smiter, your administrative-ness will be missed. Three cheers for SakuraB and Nick for their promotions. Just as time goes on, so does the torch from the .. not-so-old get passed to the ... not-so-young. I thought I was going somewhere with that... ah well. Good luck, and we hope to continue seeing you around, even if not as a super-Kage.

#14 Rathgar

Rathgar

Sakura should look as hot as this

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:12 AM

Well congrats to the 2 new co-Hokages alongside Hokuten. Hey Smiter, have an enjoyable retirement... I'm sure we'll see you some times in here.. tongue.gif :shamefulcry0js:
The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hill-side's dew-pearled
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in his Heaven -
All's right with the world!

#15 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:15 AM

I havent been here for the two years, but I have come into a web site that is at a level of perfection, you must have been one heck of a leader in this place, my hats off to you. And good luck to our new fearless leaders Nick Soapdish & Sakura Blossoms.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#16 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for the congrats everyone! laugh.gif
I'm no Tsunande, but I'll do my absolute best to ensure that H&E continues to be the amazing, fun...and totally kickass place that Smiter started those two years ago! XD

And Smiter...♥
You will always be the # 1 Kage to me a_hug.gif

#17 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:17 PM

sappy...lol...well at least you aren't a total suck up.

I never got a chance to know you as well as I did for the manager from the EXEHQ boards...but...hey, we'll miss you.

#18 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 08 September 2006 - 02:23 PM

Thank you, everyone, for your posts!

*dumps bucket of cold water on the unconscious Krazy* tongue.gif

Gaara... you have a weird imagination. XD

Thanks, Daniee. happy.gif

Shouri, I believe the same thing. smile.gif Nick, Hoku, and Shauna-chan have proven themselves as very able moderators here, and they're already off to a running start in their new admin roles!

lol, thank you, Abrams. XD I'll listen out for that! Thanks.

Thanks, Nick. tongue.gif

I'll still visit, Krisk! Well, it's the start of a new school year for many people, so I suppose that's a big part of why.

Thank you, penandsword - I'll certainly be around!

Thanks, AnimeGirl, and tell Tennis-chan not to worry. XD

Puck, Rathgar, and Unknown, thank you. smile.gif (Nice to know I'm not that old!)

I admit it feels odd, no longer being the "big boss". But I'll get used to it. happy.gif Now that I know the board will be well looked after, I have a real peace of mind at the moment!

#19 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:09 PM

Aaaaw Smiter!
That's the way the cookie crumbles, eh?
I guess I'm just glad to hear you're not on permanent leave! sweatdrop.gif ^^;
Best of luck to your work and web-design!

And now onto Nick and Sakura...
A hearty CONGRATULATIONS to the both of you!
I'm sure that H&E will flourish under both of your combined (not to forget Hokuten too) rule! :thumbs:

And heeeeyyyy... Judging from the way you named them successively, Smiter, is Sakura now the Yondaime of H&E?-! laugh.gif
Feels like we're missing a Kage if you think about it... tongue.gif

#20 Pepilia

Pepilia

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:53 PM

Even though I may not now Smiter personally, I'll always remember his wonderful essays and discussions at the narusaku club in Narutofan when I first got into Naruto. In fact it was becuase of him that led me to love the pair and to this haven that he created called Heaven & Earth.

You have done a marvelous job here so enjoy your retirement, you deserve it. :thumbs:

Congrats to Sakura Blossoms, Nick Soapdish and Hokuten! I am sure you all will make fine Kages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users