Board Reopened

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:19 PM

The upgrade is not fully complete yet, but I have decided to reopen the boards for business. smile.gif

The basics have been done and, hopefully, are all stable. Please forgive the lack of polish, but it will be smartened up soon! It has taken a long time to get everything up and running, so I ask for your patience while the mods and I finish the job. happy.gif

As you can see, we are now running on the new 2.1.5 version of IPB. smile.gif I'm sure many of you will be spending time exploring the little changes!

We have also got:

Flashchat Online List

Some of you have been eagerly awaiting this! Scroll down to the bottom of the main index page, and you shall find a new section displaying who is currently chatting, along with three new links that will display the chatroom in your preferred format. happy.gif

PHP Spellchecker

When posting or creating a new topic, you can check your spelling! In the main posting screen or when posting a New Topic, you can click the small "ABC" button just above the text area to use the spellchecker. It is also available in Quick Reply mode!

Nicer Spoiler Tag

The 2.1 version of our trusty Spoiler Tag, now with added polish. The old one still works because I have left the script on the server, so no need to worry about stumbling across secrets in plain sight.

Konoha Gallery

The FanArt Gallery is being renamed as the Konoha Gallery, and it has been upgraded to a new version so there will be small changes in its layout and how it works. The artist's forum is now named Artists' Square.

The Fanfiction Library has also been renamed to Konoha Library to make it more fitting, and we have a couple of small plans for it. It has also been recoded to be compatible with the new board, so please let me know if there are any problems!

Now, this is an important part. We have got all the new rules tagged up. They have been split into different topics so it's easier to organise and for you to find specific rules.

Please read all the rules!

We will be strict in enforcing the rules, especially on character bashing. A few people have made a lot of character bashing posts, usually targeting Sasuke and Hinata. We're not happy with that because it creates a bad atmosphere and alienates fans. It also reflects on the Heaven & Earth boards, giving them a bad image.

Action has already been taken, and we are just making everyone aware of our stance so we can cut down on this kind of behaviour. We want to welcome people, not alienate them, and we know this board has a good bunch of people. happy.gif It would be a shame to let immature/aggressive posts ruin that.

Anyway, I believe that is all the important news at the moment. Keep your eyes open for new features and breaking news - we are not done yet. smile.gif

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:58 PM

Awesome job on the upgrade Smiter! laugh.gif

I've been looking forward to this for a while now, and everything looks great! th_glomp.gif

#3 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:20 PM

umm everything looks the same oh well welcome back heaven and earth i was so bored.

2z3z1wm.gif

#4 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

Wow...the reply area has changed...congrats with the update!

now I have to rework my avatar...

#5 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (jmf @ Jun 21 2006, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
umm everything looks the same oh well welcome back heaven and earth i was so bored.

The update wasn't really a cosmetic one (even though we are currently working on a new banner happy.gif )

There's a lot of new little features like: Who's Online FlashChat...a SpellChecker, new Spolier Tags, and newly improved post and reply area...the PM system got revamped...a couple more Smilies :headbash: / headdesk.gif ...there's a new Warning Bar at the bottom of your Avatar section (and you all really should read the new rules about that)...also the Gallery and Fanfiction sections also got a couple of new features, plus new names for those sections happy.gif

Just look around the site a bit more...investigate...don't just look at the main page, and say "meh...I don't see anything new." We all worked really hard to make this site better for you all, so go and enjoy some of the new features! a_dance.gif

#6 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:43 PM

oh i really should'nt judge by appearence but everything looks real nice and that new warning bar is fantastic so to all the mod's great job.

2z3z1wm.gif

#7 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:08 AM

The smilies aren't new. I added the two headbanger smilies for Smiter when we were switching servers. However, the order of the smilies has been shifted around a bit. None of them are gone, but some are only available when you hit Show All at the bottom of the smilie box.

#8 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:07 AM

There's also a new drop-down Options menu at the top right-hand corner of the first post in each thread. You can use that Options menu to Track, Print, Email, and Subscribe to a Topic happy.gif

#9 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:35 AM

I'm totally blown away with the new Quick/Full Edit options. That threw me way off and was just like "whoa..."

The new posting look is just fantastic, smiles are all still there, also the PMing system is just crazy with pop-ups! XD And the new FlashChat list of who's online is just splendid!

Awesome job! Everything is just Fantabulous! Yay Smiter! biggrin.gif

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#10 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:36 AM

Yayyy!! This is awesome!! I find new things everywhere--it's like a treasure hunt! a_dance.gif Yay, Smiter-san!!! a_spaz.gif

#11 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:15 AM

krisk: hey tennisweird do you think we are at konaha (promble spell that wrong) yet.
Tennisweird: hey look there is a board. Let's read what it says.
WELCOME TO LAS VAGUS.

Good job to the new spell check i need that.

I be there in 2 months YAAY!

#12 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:49 AM

Sweet!! I like the nicer posting set up! And thank God for spell-check!
Aha! New rules!! My sheer zest for constant unwanted prodding will scrutinise these guidelines with great care... tongue.gif
Noooo!! You included striking as an open option!! I liked being the only fellow using it!! XD

Edited by Vespar, 22 June 2006 - 06:49 AM.

#13 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:50 AM

Yay say YAY for our ANBU AND OUR HOKAGE!!!!!!
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#14 Toa

Toa

Shota shota night fever~

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Computer, anime, music, drawing, arts, literature...a lot XD Neil~

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:57 AM

Sorry..I posted on the worng section... tongue.gif

Anyway, like what I said...nice job w00t.gif

#15 Kano

Kano

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:17 PM

Yo, i´m glad that u´r back Heaven & Earth i was quite bored^^

Well i like the new style good job.

#16 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:25 PM

once again nice job and i was wondering what are the new rankings gonna be,if the mod's can help me out with this that would be great.

ummm i would like to thank smiter for all the work he does on the forums, and say great job on the upgrades.

2z3z1wm.gif

#17 demonfox04

demonfox04

The Don - 'Nuff Said

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:09 PM

YO! Great job with the board. Keep it up!

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now, you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Whether 1 and 15 or 15 and 1, Superbowl or Toiletbowl...those are my Boys. Ain't no bandwagon here. GO COWBOYS!!!

#18 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:41 AM

ALLSOME job, esp. the new spoiler.

I be there in 2 months YAAY!

#19 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:28 AM

:thumbs: yay upgrade!

#20 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:24 PM

You said that senior members were gonna get upgrades. Whats up with that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users