Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

@BlueStarSaber

Say what? Is that on Sakura's wiki page? Which category???

Wikipedia put it http://en.wikipedia....i/Sakura_Haruno on her Reception.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 21 October 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#10222 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Well i wouldn't really doubt it being endgame but the NS moment that made me certain of NS was :

Sakura running towards four tailed naruto. Crying and screaming "i'll save Sasuke for you"

Yamato's unfinished sentence "It's not what you do for Naruto that's important" " It's how strongly you feel about him that counts"

*Sakura's schocked face* "hmph" "Sakura.. I can tell just by looking at you" " the truth is you- "

You don't put this scene in unless your making NS endgame.(imo ofcourse)

I agree, wholeheartedly.

Sakura's love for sasuke was the biggest crush in part 1 out of all of them. Just because she said she loved him, doesn't mean she knew what she was saying either. Her confession in part 1 seemed rushed and out of desperation and definitely not fitting for the 12 year old girl she was. I don't hate her for it either, many girls her age are like that and they think they know what it's like to love someone when they really don't. It's part of how her character is made to be realistic.

Her confessions to both Sasuke and Naruto are both out of desperation and rushed. While Hinata could be said to have an honest to sincere confession, even though it was in the heat of the moment,  Both of Sakura's confessions were out of circumstances and had ulterior motives.   With Sasuke, she wanted him to stay in the village.  She quickly didn't care how to do it.  With Naruto, she wanted him to go back to the village, where he would be safe.  The fact she was under pressure both times proves nether confession was sincere.  However, her confession with Naruto was more selfless than with Sasuke.  We can take from that what we will regarding who is more important to her.

Right now, It's not a stretch to say her feelings are tornadoes and whirlwinds.  She has no time or way to sort out her feelings now.  As many have said, we need a shocker to scare her to figuring it out.

Edited by DattebayoXShannaro, 22 October 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#10223 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Sakura is the most criticized character in the series for good or bad. I guess I'll call it "A two sided coin - One of the best, one of the worst."

Some people don't understand what contrast is. Sakura was made to be disliked in the beginning and slowly develop into a likable character.

I find this form of development to be a hit or miss. Take Jean from SNK for example, I expected him to be a jerk for the whole series at the beginning but now he's a likable character and I have high hopes for him. Then there's Sakura people still hate because they refuse to accept any form of development for her at all. It also doesn't help that there's the NH/SS fandom that thrive on her being an unlikable character because it benefits their preferred pairing.

EDIT: typo

Edited by Branden, 21 October 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#10224 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Since the next arc should be calmed, she got a lot of time to think about especially after 540 and 635. She probably think if her relationship with Sasuke isn't really what she believes to be. She may bump into Naruto and probably want to have a good old time and maybe just maybe she'll get her answer. That what it seems to be building up until proven otherwise. Why did 635 happened in the first place?

#10225 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Since the next arc should be calmed, she got a lot of time to think about especially after 540 and 635. She probably think if her relationship with Sasuke isn't really what she believes to be. She may bump into Naruto and probably want to have a good old time and maybe just maybe she'll get her answer. That what it seems to be building up until proven otherwise. Why did 635 happened in the first place?

I think she will need a trigger for the final realization to happen. What will be that trigger? Perhaps learning what really happened in chapter 3, maybe Naruto nearly dying. Could be anything really, but as soon as she realizes that she never really loved Sasuke but rather an idealized version of him then NaruSaku will happen.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#10226 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Some people don't understand what contrast is. Sakura was made to be disliked in the beginning and slowly develop into a likable character.

I find this form of development to be a hit or miss. Take Jean from SNK for example, I expected him to be a jerk for the whole series at the beginning but now he's a likable character and I have high hopes for him. Then there's Sakura people still hate because they refuse to accept any form of development for her at all. It also doesn't help that there's the NH/SS fandom that thrive on her being an unlikable character because it benefits their preferred pairing.

EDIT: typo

Ah yes, good example. Thank you. That's why I don't get with people at times. I feel like anime/manga has to play safe and start off with a "I'm not sure if I would like him/her," only to change quickly to "oh not what I thought." Sakura is a patience character but unfortunately, due to growth of DBZ level, it got way overboard, so no mercy to anyone else. Hm, funny but because of that, it feels dejavu to me. I remember hearing my friends calling Chi Chi a female dog...But for Sakura, maybe they're matured enough, they like her.

#10227 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Ah yes, good example. Thank you. That's why I don't get with people at times. I feel like anime/manga has to play safe and start off with a "I'm not sure if I would like him/her," only to change quickly to "oh not what I thought." Sakura is a patience character but unfortunately, due to growth of DBZ level, it got way overboard, so no mercy to anyone else. Hm, funny but because of that, it feels dejavu to me. I remember hearing my friends calling Chi Chi a female dog...But for Sakura, maybe they're matured enough, they like her.

Sakura is a character that requires patience to understand, perhaps that is part of the misunderstanding involved with her to readers. They just don't or won't, take the time to analyze her and her motivations. And oh yes, Chi Chi hate. I don't think she really deserved all the flak she got, she was nagging and overbearing, but I don't blame her, I know I couldn't put up with the things she did.

#10228 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Kagome from Inuyasha gets just as much or even more hate than either.

#10229 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

Kagome from Inuyasha gets just as much or even more hate than either.

I have never read/watched Inuyasha, but I do hear that Kagome does get a lot of hate and another one, the heroine from Ranma, I believe.

#10230 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Akane Tendo, yeah, she receives hate as well, because she "abuses" her love interest.

#10231 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Akane Tendo, yeah, she receives hate as well, because she "abuses" her love interest.

Well, now, doesn't that sound familiar? :roll:

#10232 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

This reminds me of a post of mine on tumblr.  It's pretty clear that while based on the chronology of the Naruto-verse, when building Minato and Kushina's relationship Kishimoto was building it off of Naruto and Sakura's.  It's why Minato and Kushina's relationship is a simplified version of Naruto and Sakura's (no third party, Minato didn't henge into someone else when complimenting Kushina's hair), and it's also why Kushina mentioned to Naruto not to go for a weird girl, not because Naruto would always seen Hinata as "the weird girl" but in order to invoke certain images into the readers mind.  The reader is supposed to know that Naruto referred to Hinata as weird, it's Kishimoto's way of telling us where the story is going.  (If you're interested in reading my post on the parallels, here it is =P).

Oh, I agree absolutely.  I believe MK was constructed as a specific reflection of NS.  The point I was making in my previous post was that there was also significance in the timing the parallel was introduced. It was, in effect, a refresher of NS as well as a reminder of what path the characters would ultimately take.

No matter how it is sliced -- whether NS is a reflection of MK or vice versa -- it's still all about Naruto and Sakura, the elements of their relationship, and their journey toward a life together.  Hinata has no place in that mix.

*Shrugs* Debating is not necessarily about changing one's opinion, Though that is part of it. The main point of a debate is defending your own opinion. However it is true that we must be respectful of other opinions, but the thing is that most of the more "eager" shall we say NH fans are hard to take seriously because their arguments basically boil down to, "It's what Hinata wants, and we hate Sakura because of her (former) bad attitude towards Naruto". Can anyone ever tell me a time where an NH fan who was not respectful to us or NS as a whole, not bashed Sakura and saying saying Hinata is way better for Naruto and throw insults to Sakura's name that anyone who calmly thinks it through knows is as far from the truth as possible?   

I agree with you.  I was just hoping to save someone the headache of trying to argue with a resolute NH fan because there's no point.  

The Irish poet and satirist Jonathan Swift once said, "It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."  And that's the problem with fans who passionately champion any pairing that is in direct conflict with the author's intentions -- stated or implied -- and who allow their emotions and bias to keep them from a logical assimilation of the facts.  

If a NH fan said to me, "Look, I know NH isn't going to happen.  It's obviously going to be NS, but I still prefer NH.  I like it, and wish that's what Kishimoto was going to do.  I guess I'll have to live in fan fiction."  I respect that.  I might not be able to appreciate their taste, but I would respect it.  However, it's impossible to reach that point with someone who argues against what is clearly drawn and written on the page simply because they don't like it -- while at the same time they cannot admit that there's nothing clearly drawn and written on the page that supports their preference.

Debate is a great exercise for sensible people who wish to learn something while they sharpen their skills.  But most of the time, at least in my personal experience, that's not the purpose of fandom debates.  Almost all of them end up like this:

Ahem, excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me but Naruto's goal to win Sakura's heart was made clear in the manga as well...

tumblr_mocqqgyfkT1ryce57o1_500.jpg

You know that.  And I certainly know that.  But anti-fans don't want to know it.  They have the same panels to read, but they choose to ignore their meaning or simply interpret them differently because the panels don't fit within or support their paradigm.  

My mock responses to the NH fan's rebuttal, as relayed by Question22, were written with the assumption that the NH fan has already seen the panel of Naruto's desire to win Sakura's attention (that you posted) and it didn't make any difference. He/She found a way to justify neutralizing its value to NS.  What good would it do to show him/her again?  

Instead I attempted to show how ridiculous their arguments were by simply turning them around, and making it obvious that they can't produce anything of arguable significance to support their pairing.

I was going to attempt a response to that argument, but I don't think anything else needs to be said. Excellent post, KnS!

Thank you!  :)

Bathtime_zps07d2f920.png

:lulz:

Exxxxxxxxxxxcellent.  :love:

Edited by KnS, 21 October 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#10233 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Really?? Akane and kagome? Wow no wonder sakura get hate in Internet.

So about the confenssion, for me kishi try to pull itachi with sakura confession.

#10234 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Wikipedia put it http://en.wikipedia....i/Sakura_Haruno on her Reception.

Oh, that's mother Wikia, so to speak, not the Naruto one. I had a hard time believing they would do that, haha.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#10235 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Really? I really didn't know that. Honestly, I didn't. So it is true. Those who hit the guy/protagonist while there's another option (another love interest) would be insulted for years to come. That's sad for not realizing the concept behind them. Man, this generation makes me sad. Maybe that's why anime/manga started taking safe route for a while. Not to mention the huge rise of moe, which actually turned me off from anime for years. Now I am back, but still, it still irks about community. Well, internet community.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 21 October 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#10236 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Oh, that's mother Wikia, so to speak, not the Naruto one. I had a hard time believing they would do that, haha.

Narutopedia tends to be a bit "skewed" in their opinion of Narusaku and Sakura in general. :headscratch:

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#10237 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Really?? Akane and kagome? Wow no wonder sakura get hate in Internet.

So about the confenssion, for me kishi try to pull itachi with sakura confession.

Yeah, She tried to do everything alone, and had less than desirable consequences.  This can applied to many fictional characters.  For those who watched the latest Korra,

A main character in a mecha anime I'm currently watching is heading this way if he doesn't realize soon it won't end well.

I like that one of the themes in Naruto that is so prevalent is the importance of bonds and friendship.  Naruto had to learn this, because he spent most of his life alone, so it's really no wonder he wanted to do things by himself.  One of the important things Kakashi taught team 7 was the importance of teamwork.  Itachi reinforced it when he met Naruto again during the war.  No doubt, when the next generation takes over.  Team 7 will spread this lesson to their own students.  At least, Naruto and Sakura will for sure. 

Human beings can't hope to accomplish great things by themselves.  We are not a race that can live without interacting with others.  It's a part of our nature.

Really? I really didn't know that. Honestly, I didn't. So it is true. Those who hit the guy/protagonist while there's another option (another love interest) would be insulted for years to come. That's sad for not realizing the concept behind them. Man, this generation makes me sad. Maybe that's why anime/manga started taking safe route for a while. Not to mention the huge rise of moe, which actually turned me off from anime for years. Now I am back, but still, it still irks about community. Well, internet community.

Well, I'm sure this is for only the American fanbase.  The Japanese know their character archetypes better than any other country.   I doubt they consider this a big deal like we do.

#10238 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

I like that one of the themes in Naruto that is so prevalent is the importance of bonds and friendship.  Naruto had to learn this, because he spent most of his life alone, so it's really no wonder he wanted to do things by himself.  One of the important things Kakashi taught team 7 was the importance of teamwork.  Itachi reinforced it when he met Naruto again during the war.  No doubt, when the next generation takes over.  Team 7 will spread this lesson to their own students.  At least, Naruto and Sakura will for sure. 

Edited by Hanabi, 21 October 2013 - 09:01 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#10239 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

^ Nice!

#10240 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Well, I'm sure this is for only the American fanbase.  The Japanese know their character archetypes better than any other country.   I doubt they consider this a big deal like we do.

Oh I knew that it's only American fanbase. I'm just saying at times, Japan does seem like they were getting new type of audience as time goes by. I keep hearing how one great anime (forgot the name, my friend knows) got bad rating (not review, tv rating), yet something fanservice get a lot of views. It's like you must do fan service or any sort of man's fantasy, or I'll cancel you situation. It's the reason why I stopped altogether and just stick to the one I pretty much stood by with (Naruto, Bleach). I spread more at times, but they ended up getting declined or something. Needless to say, it wasn't easy.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users