118 replies to this topic

#41 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:31 AM

The ending of this episode was just full aww. I don't even watch the anime, let alone the fillers. But I heard there was NaruSaku in it and I just HAD to watch it.

This is quite surprising of the anime, actually. We usually get NaruHina fanservice in the fillers; and although we've had our moments in the anime, as well, I don't think it's been anything quite as blatant as this. The episode is filler, obviously, but it has reinforced what we already know in canon: Naruto is completely, utterly, and selflessly in love with Sakura. His personality and lecture accurately reflects what we see in the manga. I'm quite proud of Pierrot this time around; usually I can't stand them. I guess we got the GOOD team on this episode.
I love how Naruto talked about Sakura's smile - that kills me. It reminds of the cover of chapter 236. <3

Of course, NaruHina fans are going to spout stupid things such as "It's filler! Not canon! Naruto totes loves Hinata!" even though almost the entirety of episode 166 was filler nonsense and NH propaganda. Oh well, though; can't do anything about it.

However, we got to see the parallels between NaruSaku and JiraTsu! Jiraiya's little confession was adorable, as well~

The rest of the episode was quite boring, as expected. As someone said a few posts above, what's with the robots? I didn't know Naruto had these. And it was a little mean to just go all Rasengan on the villain - he was quite defenseless (although I did enjoy him flying away - Pokemon. x3)

I feel like we won't get something this sweet for a long time. It's worth it, though. <3

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#42 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (mydearbeloved @ Nov 4 2011, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ending of this episode was just full aww. I don't even watch the anime, let alone the fillers. But I heard there was NaruSaku in it and I just HAD to watch it.

This is quite surprising of the anime, actually. We usually get NaruHina fanservice in the fillers; and although we've had our moments in the anime, as well, I don't think it's been anything quite as blatant as this. The episode is filler, obviously, but it has reinforced what we already know in canon: Naruto is completely, utterly, and selflessly in love with Sakura. His personality and lecture accurately reflects what we see in the manga. I'm quite proud of Pierrot this time around; usually I can't stand them. I guess we got the GOOD team on this episode.
I love how Naruto talked about Sakura's smile - that kills me. It reminds of the cover of chapter 236. <3

Of course, NaruHina fans are going to spout stupid things such as "It's filler! Not canon! Naruto totes loves Hinata!" even though almost the entirety of episode 166 was filler nonsense and NH propaganda. Oh well, though; can't do anything about it.

However, we got to see the parallels between NaruSaku and JiraTsu! Jiraiya's little confession was adorable, as well~

The rest of the episode was quite boring, as expected. As someone said a few posts above, what's with the robots? I didn't know Naruto had these. And it was a little mean to just go all Rasengan on the villain - he was quite defenseless (although I did enjoy him flying away - Pokemon. x3)

I feel like we won't get something this sweet for a long time. It's worth it, though. <3

1) yes, yes, and yes 2) You should start being here more. happy.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#43 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:02 AM

Well at least it's a slap to the face for NH fans who make a BIBLE out of fillers pictureem0.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#44 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

Okay, some things I really liked about this episode, that go beyond the obvious NaruSaku fun. Oh, spoilers on the episode ahead, but really if you're reading this far in the discussion you should go ahead and watch it already! wink.gif

1) The filler characters weren't obnoxiously complicated, dramatic, and seemed to be genuinely fun. The puppet guy was such obvious comic relief, and I was worried that they'd go into some complicated mess about him and his 100 puppet jutsu thing, but they didn't. He was SUPPOSED to be ridiculous, and that was fine. He was made quick work of and that's that. They didn't try to make the female a throw-away love interest like they usually do, and she didn't have some super-special-power. They're a group of kunoichi who for some reason have female babies... She was likeable, and they didn't try to spend time on the village and Da Rules and Naruto said it like it was--that wasn't destiny, that was just some rule the village made up. Change it. They really kept this simple, and I think they should follow this from now on--and I hope they are learning about it.

2) A sweet, sentimental connection to cannon material. They obviously didn't lose their focus here; the little details were secondary. This episode wasn't about some chick, some village, etc. It was about love and devotion, and it brings to attention that Jiraiya loved Tsunade all this time, through everything, even though she wasn't with him. It was subtle, and the fact that it was left until the end for us to find out "why" he postponed the fight brings it all together. Naruto loves Sakura, and just wants her to be happy. It acknowledges that of course he would be above happy that she would choose him, but he would never want to force her into anything. It highlights the good points of the pairing, and it wasn't just pulled out of nowhere.

3) It fits. Even if, IF, IF IF IF, NaruSaku does not happen, there is that idea that he did love her. He would want her to be happy, even if that means having to support her with someone else, and you could make the point that he won't "lock his heart" because of it. If NaruHina were to happen, I wouldn't like to think all his feelings before hand were disregarded. It acknowledges that he was in love, and he's trying. If it doesn't work out, well, it's not because he never really loved her or whatever the opposition would like to make up. If it doesn't work out, he has to move on. This means that whatever comes later doesn't render this episode completely false.

I hope they continue on like this. They should keep Naruto strong---he shouldn't face anything truly challenging in these fillers, and he should carry that same sincerity and, well, lax attitude throughout anything they meet up. No crazy filler characters, no convoluted plots, just little references that are short and sweet that work around Naruto and draw from canon to remind the audience why they like these characters and story. I hope they wise up that we honestly don't care about any new character they introduce.

#45 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

HOLY SH#T. PIERROT FINALLY LISTENED TO US /jk. NS still takes the win in the most moments, both in filler and canon.

But yeahs, the episode in general was alright I guess. The Nadeshiko Village rule was pretty stupid. And so was the villain. Didn't really seem like a villain to me actually. All he seemed like was just another douchebag who can't do anything for sh#t. First rule of villain douchebaggery: you don't recover. This man has learned this the hard way ["Team Rocket's blasting off again"].

Love, love, LOVE THE ENDING. wow.png Although it's filler, at least it was something based on canon. It's weird though... because I thought Naruto's image of Team 7 changed after Sakura's confession. Now he still has the same opinion from part I, as if that image never shattered ._. but it was filler anyways, so I'm gonna forget that part and focus on Naruto's love and devotion. Now, as for Naruto's 5-minute-long speech about said love and devotion... Naruto would you please stop being such a freaking sweetie? <333 wub.gif

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Nov 4 2011, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, what's with the giant robots? I know the Naruto universe doesn't really have a definite time period as far as technology goes, but this is getting ridiculous. If people are capable of creating mechas in this universe, why hasn't anyone used one yet in the manga? I feel like a couple mechas would really come in handy during the 4th Great Ninja War. *Imagines Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann killing Zetsu clones and Edo zombies*

It seems like Shippuden fillers are turning into Sucker Punch, the best anime live action movie ever made. fu.png

Now to watch that ending a few more times... tongue.gif

pictureem0.gif Hurr hurr hurr. Must do same.

JA2DBzd.png

#46 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

you guys won't believe what SS and NH fans are saying facepalm.png,Sorry iam not trying bashing at all but what they said about Narusaku is : Naruto will just end up like Jiraya, Not winning his girl's heart and Sakura will be like Tsunade loving Dan(Sasuke) and not falling in love with Jiraya (Naruto), Can you believe that argh1.png ?!

#47 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

Then it just shows how wrong they are.

1. The theme which had recurred throughout the series is that the new generation surpasses their previous one, so definitely Naruto will succeed where Jiraiya failed.

2. Jiraiya DID win Tsunade's heart (at least, I believe so). Many times Tsunade was shown asking Jiraiya to come back home, and showing her with a wistful expression (I don't know which chapter it is, sorry), BUT Jiraiya, at that time, had another bigger aim: to find the profecy kid. In a way, he CHOSE to leave Tsunade.
And at the end, there was proof enough that Tsunade did love Jiraiya - by accepting to go out on a date with him on his return...but he never returned sad.gif
Of course, Naruto will not have to wait THAT long. he has already win a huge part of Sakura's heart!

And there is a MAJOR, mega difference between Tsunade/Dan and Sakura/Sasuke.
Tsu/Dan was a couple - reciprocated love, in a real relationship (they were engaged as well, I believe),

Whereas in Saku/Sasu, not only it is one sided with no hope to ever be anything else, but it happened during their childhood then Sasuke disappeared. There's no way such relationship can ever be fruitful - Sakura has found / will find herself in front of a total stranger concerning Sasuke. He is NO MORE the one she crushed over. So, it will be ridiculous that she spent her life "loving' him.

Edited by Madz, 04 November 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#48 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (Roy menethil @ Nov 4 2011, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you guys won't believe what SS and NH fans are saying facepalm.png,Sorry iam not trying bashing at all but what they said about Narusaku is : Naruto will just end up like Jiraya, Not winning his girl's heart and Sakura will be like Tsunade loving Dan(Sasuke) and not falling in love with Jiraya (Naruto), Can you believe that argh1.png ?!

That's called desperation, my friend. Just ignore it and we'll all be fine.

Edited by ChidoriLuv, 04 November 2011 - 10:00 AM.

JA2DBzd.png

#49 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (Madz @ Nov 4 2011, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then it just shows how wrong they are.

1. The theme which had recurred throughout the series is that the new generation surpasses their previous one, so definitely Naruto will succeed where Jiraiya failed.

2. Jiraiya DID win Tsunade's heart (at least, I believe so). Many times Tsunade was shown asking Jiraiya to come back home, and showing her with a wistful expression (I don't know which chapter it is, sorry), BUT Jiraiya, at that time, had another bigger aim: to find the profecy kid. In a way, he CHOSE to leave Tsunade.
And at the end, there was proof enough that Tsunade did love Jiraiya - by accepting to go out on a date with him on his return...but he never returned sad.gif
Of course, Naruto will not have to wait THAT long. he has already win a huge part of Sakura's heart!

That was filler as well. It was that special before Jiraiya fought Pain. But it was very sweet. Y'know, the one thing I would have LOVED to see is
4th Ninja war Spoilers --Click here to view--
Dan AND Jiraiya being ET'd and them arguing and angry at each other for leaving Tsunade all alone.

Jiraiya would be angry at Dan for dying so soon. Dan would be angry at him for not taking the chance to be there for her because he knows how Jiraiya loves her.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#50 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Roy menethil @ Nov 4 2011, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No they are very wrong those NH and SS aren't obviously reading the manga. Just before Jiraiya was about to head to hidden rain to find Pain when he was talking to Tsunade she was so close in confessing her feelings to him. Tsunade was in love with Jiraiya but she thought because of his perverted nature she never believe he will feel the same way, so she never intended to make the move on him I think that's it.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#51 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Madz @ Nov 4 2011, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And there is a MAJOR, mega difference between Tsunade/Dan and Sakura/Sasuke.
Tsu/Dan was a couple - reciprocated love, in a real relationship (they were engaged as well, I believe),

Whereas in Saku/Sasu, not only it is one sided with no hope to ever be anything else, but it happened during their childhood then Sasuke disappeared. There's no way such relationship can ever be fruitful - Sakura has found / will find herself in front of a total stranger concerning Sasuke. He is NO MORE the one she crushed over. So, it will be ridiculous that she spent her life "loving' him.

Yeah, plus Sakura already knows and has confessed that she is in love with Naruto and that was 100% true. Her memories of her feelings for Sasuke just causes her pain (as Sai also says in the manga. Sakura knows this but what she doesn't know is she doesn't have to feel ashamed for still feeling the strength of those memories plus the team mate bond. We've seen in the manga that Tsunade was also "lying to herself" about "Never liking or trusting Orochimaru" and that was without even a romantic crush and years to put that team mate bond in her past, yet it took her a week to decide to kill Orochimaru, and when she failed to kill him that time she never tried again, and she mourned him a bit when she heard Sasuke had killed him.)

Dan and Jiraiya are both paralleled by Tsunade to Naruto, so that also tosses that out in yet another way. We see in the manga as well that she had been attracted to Jiraiya all along, but Jiraiya's behavior- acting like a jerk to her and a pervert to herself and women in general made her so hacked off that she couldn't say how she felt about him until she realized that he had been acting like a jerk all those years because he was afraid she'd reject him if he actually revealed his true feelings to her. She tried to confess her feelings but he cut her off, subconsciously he knew, but he wanted to "lie to himself" because he knew he was almost certain to be going to his death, better to believe he was a failure there rather a fool who lost a real chance.

In the manga we know from how Naruto sees Sakura mentally (chapter 505, page 2) that he has accepted now that she has romantic feelings for him, as she said and Sai reinforced.

The anime has always lagged behind the manga, even when they reach points where Kishimoto develops narusaku.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#52 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

Another factor why Jiraiya never confessed was because he's very protective of her feelings.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#53 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Nov 3 2011, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im so happy......im grinning from ear to ear --> biggrin.gif

i was watching the episode hoping THAT would happen....and almost lost hope.....but when it did i was thinking man perriot i love you right now.... love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif

im feel so biased only liking perriot when this stuff happens XD but i dont care!!! biggrin.gif

now...to wait till it comes out on TY to see the naruhina reactions biggrin.gifD i bet they will wish fillers didnt exist now :3

IKR!? it's everything I hoped for!!! and more!! I was just hoping he would vaguely mention her.. but damn...this was very better then my daydream!!! narusakuct7.gif thumbsup.gif wow.png woot.gif

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#54 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

^
Just think how happy we'll be when the kiss comes. c:

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#55 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Nov 4 2011, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another factor why Jiraiya never confessed was because he's very protective of her feelings.

Yep, since Tsunade already had two of her loved ones being gone already in her young life, she pretty much gave up on love, and Jiraiya was well aware of that, so he just keep this to himself, aside from the subtle hints like NaruSaku has, until of course that interaction before he went on to his maker. This is another thing that Naruto has to do that Jiraiya could not do or was very close to doing but could not do because of death, be with the woman he loves in any capacity (whether it would be platonic friendship, romance, comfort, etc.) He just wants to be there for her, which is the reason why most people here love both pairings of NaruSaku and JiraTsu. Who wants to root against that and why would they want to root against that?

Edited by Anguyen92, 04 November 2011 - 06:39 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#56 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Nov 4 2011, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, since Tsunade already had two of her loved ones being gone already in her young life, she pretty much gave up on love, and Jiraiya was well aware of that, so he just keep this to himself, aside from the subtle hints like NaruSaku has, until of course that interaction before he went on to his maker. This is another thing that Naruto has to do that Jiraiya could not do or was very close to doing but could not do because of death, be with the woman he loves in any capacity (whether it would be platonic friendship, romance, comfort, etc.) He just wants to be there for her, which is the reason why most people here love both pairings of NaruSaku and JiraTsu. Who wants to root against that and why would they want to root against that?

I believe NH fans start liking NH more than NS because they don't read all there truly is in NS... arg.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#57 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Nov 3 2011, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that i didn't like this episode but.... It wasn't an NS moment and can't say it is dry.gif Because 1. Sakura wasn't here, 2. It's only confirming what we already know; Naruto's feelings for her haven't changed, and 3. We need SOME actual insight On Sakura's feelings for Naruto, whether or not they're strong enough to be called love and will prompt her to realize Naruto is the one he wants to be with over Sasuke. With out this particularly We WON'T know about NS's future. sad.gif I know Sakura HAS feelings for Naruto but I reflected on whether or not if it's love yet I must say ( I HATE MYSELF FOR THIS) no. Not as long as She clings to that old crush on Sasuke. And I don't mean forget it I mean move on from it, realize he isn't the one for her.

Okay I might have worded this wrong so I'll correct it. I know Sakura loves Naruto as well because she has shown self sacrifice for him just as he did for her love.gif but essentially What's stopping her from clearly defining her feelings is Sasuke. Again not that I didn't like this moment, I DO but ultimately for it to be a NS moment to there has to be interaction between Naruto and Sakura, and she wasn't there. What this this episode was doing is reassuring us (albeit non-canonically) Naruto feelings haven't changed laugh.gif (but as I said it's only a filler)

QUOTE (NaruSaku1 @ Nov 4 2011, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe NH fans start liking NH more than NS because they don't read all there truly is in NS... arg.gif

Oh they DO read the NS moments buddy, they just don't want to accept it and so try to deny through their teeth mellow.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 December 2011 - 01:10 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#58 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Nov 4 2011, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay I might have worded this wrong so I'll correct it. I know Sakura loves Naruto as well because she has shown self sacrifice for him just as he did for her love.gif but essentially What's stopping her from clearly defining her feelings is Sasuke. Again not that I didn't like this moment, I DO but ultimately for it to be a NS moment to there has to be interaction between Naruto and Sakura, and she wasn't there. What this this episode was doing is reassuring us (albeit non-canonically) Naruto feelings haven't changed laugh.gif

Oh they DO read the NS moments buddy, they just don't want to accept it and so try to deny through their teeth mellow.gif

Kinda like how all NS fans keep saying that Sakura doesn't date me, kinda sad when people don't want to admit things.. happy.gif

As for the NaruSaku moment that your calling a Naruto moment, I must say its the same thing really when it comes to how far Kishi can get with it all right now. Overall, Naruto has picked Sakura before and after both girls confessed (and some filler/movie girls too I guess), so Kishi is going for that, unless he is a troll and Sasuke fan over Naruto fan, which I doubt, so NS seems to be most likely to happen.. always has, just that it is more likely now...

Edited by NaruSaku1, 05 November 2011 - 12:23 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#59 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:10 AM

recent events

OVA(with narusaku goodness) 25+ points for us

ending 16 (sakura drawing naruto) 15+ points for us

ending 17 V2 (naruto and sakura smiling at eachother) 10+

opening 10 (with naruto about to hug sakura) 15+ points for us

episode 235( naruto says he still loves sakura) 20+ points for us

with all the recent stuff happening....i feel bad for those naruhinas fu.png

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#60 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:13 AM

Here's an interesting analysis/prediction for the next episodes:

Anyway as to the whole pairing debacle

232 focused on NH from Hinata's one-sided POV
&
235 focused on NS from Naruto's one-sided POV

they both pretty much reinstated what we already knew and nothing has changed. So its pretty obvious that the anime will dedicate an episode for Sakura focusing on her one-sided POV for SS in an upcoming episode. The anime has to please all their fandom so I doubt they will skip her.

Rage all you want, but if you think about it, the pattern makes sense. But of course, it'd be a plus if there was a bit of NS too. Maybe there might be some subtle connection to 540?? but on a deeper level into Sakura's psyche.

248793.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users