82 replies to this topic

#21 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:23 PM

It does feel like the hig ended shortly, but it was pretty. It was a good episode, but I do wish that they spent more time on the key points of the chapter. I'd have preferred it if there wasn't that scene with Sakura and Hinata standing the exact same or whatever--it felt better when we didn't see the "after" part of the hug. If cutting that out would have extended the hug for a few seconds more, I'd have been happy. The abrupt end to it cheapened it, but for when it lasted it was very nice.

#22 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Aug 26 2010, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What? wot.gif are the animators trying to give some fan service to Naru/Ino fans? fu.png

that'd be some twist kishi....no narusaku or naruhina or sasusaku or narusasu or kakasaku or anything!

"just naruino?????" argh1.png

#23 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

Exellent episode. Good job on the drama, and the muscial accompniment was perfect. Especially sadness and sorrow with Kakashi. Minimal filler none of it extraneous.

HUGS!! WOOT!

Loved the pure white background of that moment. The total and complete emphasis that that hug was for the two of them alone.

Edited by catsi563, 26 August 2010 - 06:48 PM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#24 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

Yay, been waiting for that hug for a while, very pleased with the outcome of that episode, can't wait for more, after the filler.

#25 RasenHolder

RasenHolder

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

I cried of joy. dont think im weird but I did xD and the hug was gorgeous!!! and they showed him after too yay! he was all happy and sakura was blushing and so was hinata they were stood in the same position though. It just shows one has yet to release her feelings yet O///O I cant wait. but atleast sakuras stood RIGHT next to him ;D

Anyway WOOOO the villagers welcome Omg T_T I was so happy for him. Look I know its a cartoon but.. IM LIKE THAT SO SHUP! ;D

Whole episode BEAUTIFUL!!!
You gave me the wing's to fly.

NaruSaku.. <33

I'll bring you back.. Sasukeits a promise Of a life time..

CREDIT: zKrXita on deviantart for the amazing Gif images =]

#26 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Aug 26 2010, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know what episode you guys saw, but I was pretty pissed off, taking all things into perspective.

Should have known that the same people who needlessly extended Hinata's confession and even had her go toe to toe with Pein would cheapen "the hug" moment by literally having it last two seconds. You mean they can stretch out every scene but this? You mean a big long needless flashback which doesn't even occur until Naruto fights his evil twin requires more attention? In the manga, it felt more dramatic and you could feel Naruto's surprise at the sight of this. You can tell who the anime producers are rooting for. laugh.gif

I don't think they cheapened the hug at all. When they stretched Hinata's confession, they added filler to build up the actions of a minor character's shining moment. Yeah, the filler sucked and it would have been nicer to see them fill that extra time with something useful, but the way they went still made sense.
For the hug, they followed the manga to a "T"--doing more would have cheapened it I think. What else could they have done? Added a reaction from Naruto that may or may not have been the real deal (going by the manga's lack of)? Shown us how the hug breaks up?

I think leaving it as it is was not only true to the source, but also fit perfectly with the rest of the episode. Remember, as much as we looked forward to the hug as a sign of the pairing, it's primarily supposed to add to how everyone was accepting Naruto. The fact that it's Sakura doing the hugging is extremely significant, but that wasn't meant to be the focus of the episode. As for Naruto's surprise, I felt it. She walks up, he gives her his full attention. She bops him on the head, and he's confused that she catches him and slowly draws him into a hug. The expression he wears with wide eyes while she holds him is still as striking here as in the manga. *shrug*

(And I'm not sure what you're referring to when you're talking about when you say "long needless flashback with doesn't even occur 'til Naruto fights his evil twin". Which flashback?)

#27 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

I liked that they stuck in what he did with the flowers, makes sense... the magical disappearing in the manga annoyed me lol

#28 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Aug 26 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked that they stuck in what he did with the flowers, makes sense... the magical disappearing in the manga annoyed me lol

That was corrected in the tankobon where a panel was inserted showing the grave of Jiraiya. I imagine Kishi realized his mistake and added it in.

not the first time a panel has been redrawn or altered...

Edited by Verilance, 26 August 2010 - 09:31 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#29 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:50 PM

The episode was good. It seems that at least the animation team doesn't let preferences get in the way to the extent of making moments of pairings there against crappy and half assed. The hug did seem short but I guess that was how it was supposed to be in the manga so I have no complaints. I didn't see Sakura blushing at Naruto but I think I saw her smiling at Naruto. I'm probably not gonna watch those fillers accept for maybe occasionally. It seems like the animators liked part one a little more and miss it.

#30 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

I dunno, I'd put it in a caring not so much romantic category. We can obviously tell during the hug that Sakura was showing not only her appreciation but mostly her caring for Naruto's safety. It may have been the Leaf's moment of accepting naruto...but sakura has nothing to do with that since she's long accepted him.

And I love the surprised wide eyed look on kakashi and the rest of the villagers. That's what makes me believe it slightly as a romantic moment...that surprised look. I was just thinking...if the manga had lengthened that hug any longer it would have seemed full out romantic.

#31 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Aug 26 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think they cheapened the hug at all. When they stretched Hinata's confession, they added filler to build up the actions of a minor character's shining moment. Yeah, the filler sucked and it would have been nicer to see them fill that extra time with something useful, but the way they went still made sense.
For the hug, they followed the manga to a "T"--doing more would have cheapened it I think. What else could they have done? Added a reaction from Naruto that may or may not have been the real deal (going by the manga's lack of)? Shown us how the hug breaks up?
On the contrary, it could have been much better had they gone for all the detail/drama which the manga quite frankly doesn't have the ability to portray.

For instance, instead of what we saw in the anime, here is how I would have handled this scene:

Everyone is focused on Naruto. Children are tugging at his arm, asking endless questions while Naruto is rather surprised, seeing as how he has never been treated like a hero before. Amongst the crowd, he quickly notices Sakura as she comes walking toward him in a rather serious fashion. Was something wrong? Was Pein unable to bring someone back to life? What could she be thinking? "Sakura-chan", the blonde haired shinobi says as she coldly draws near.

Sakura rears her right hand back in the same cold fashion she had come walking in with. The expression on Naruto's face is one of bewilderment.

"You reckless idiot!", Sakura says as her fist launches into the face of the very man who had just defeated the most powerful member of the Akatsuki.

Naruto begins to fall face front to the ground. By now, the boy was used to the blows of his fiery tempered companion, but having just fought Pein, even he would have trouble getting up. Others at the scene appeared to be shocked. Of course, they have no problem with Sakura's "hands on approach" in dealing with Naruto and even realize to an extent that it is often a sign of how much she cares for him, but at a time like this?

Naruto, falling to the ground is naturally confused about the meaning of this, but is even more confused as he feels two soft hands prevent his fall as well as pull him upwards. Even more confusing is that the arms alongside these hands appear to be affectionately wrapping themselves around his body and tightening in the process. But who could this be? No one has ever hugged him like this before (AN: Actually, now that I think about it, no one had ever hugged Naruto before in the series before this point). He opens his eyes and notices pink hair brushed against the right said of his face.

All of the sudden, no else is present. Kakashi, Shikamaru, Gai, Neji, TenTen, Chouji, Ino and whatshername are gone; as are the rest of the shinobi; even Konoha is no longer there; the entire world has vanished without a trace; all things have ceased. But the two of them? They are still there. All of time and space cannot hinder them or this moment will shall forever be theirs.

It is at their moment that all feels right and that everything is as it should be. Without a single thought prior, two words come from out of Sakura's mouth as naturally as water comes out of a waterfall. "Thank you"

Long short, this scene should have been detailed. At very least, there should have been a dramatic pause. They can do it for Hinata's confession, but not here?

As for there being a sign of everyone accepting Naruto, there was ample time do that. The big long flashback detailing how people have slowly come to accept Naruto over time doesn't even take place until Naruto trains with Killer Bee anyway, thus I have no clue why they awkwardly added in here rather than improve what could have been one of the best episodes in the series.

Edited by Kenny-kun, 26 August 2010 - 10:29 PM.

#32 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:13 PM

i agree with kenny it could have ben better but the saying goes begers mustent be choosers so let us injoy its NS goodness.

#33 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:18 PM

Daaaw, I loved the hug...it was a very beautiful moment<3

I guess my only complaint is that they changed her punch...which didn't make any sense. When you punch someones gut, they double over, which is why it happened in the manga. Punching the face makes little sense.

#34 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Aug 26 2010, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the contrary, it could have been much better had they gone for all the detail/drama which the manga quite frankly doesn't have the ability to portray.

For instance, instead of what we saw in the anime, here is how I would have handled this scene:

Long short, this scene should have been detailed. At very least, there should have been a dramatic pause. They can do it for Hinata's confession, but not here?

As for there being a sign of everyone accepting Naruto, there was ample time do that. The big long flashback detailing how people have slowly come to accept Naruto over time doesn't even take place until Naruto trains with Killer Bee anyway, thus I have no clue why they awkwardly added in here rather than improve what could have been one of the best episodes in the series.

Er....your entire "how I would have handled it" scene was basically a text-version of exactly what happened with some shoujo-esque detail on their thoughts added in. Also, didn't you find her slowly bringing him up to hug him enough of a slow-pause equivalent? The focus on Naruto's "kitten I'm in for it"-to-"what's going on" expression added to not seeing Sakura's expression until she thanked him (when it became just the two of them for a moment; note the white background) was way more dramatic to me than anything about Hinata's confession. Here we got a dramatic build-up of action instead of sporadic drama created from a pause. *shrug* Maybe it's just a difference in perception, though.

But what flashback are you talking about? I reread the entire arc of Naruto's time on the island and found nothing similar to the flashbacks we got in this episode. As to why they were added into the episode, it was to greatly enhance the fact that the people accepting him had been the same people that once-upon-a-time hated his existence.
The hug from Sakura got the same little slice of "just them" as in the manga for a reason; anything more than that could have made things awkward considering that the romantic drama between Sakura and Naruto is on its way--why would the anime crew want to build up this one moment right before getting to work on an even bigger, more tense moment later on? With Hinata's confession, they were sort of safe in that there was nothing following it.

(sorry if any of this sounds like incoherent rambles; the heat here is getting to me =_______=;;)

@Miss Soupy-- I thought she hit him on the head in the manga too?
Attached File  05.jpg_1050.jpg   98.7KB   34 downloads

Edited by Kushina, 26 August 2010 - 11:40 PM.

#35 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

I for one think it was done perfectly. I was surprised at how they actually did the hug though. Was it just me, or was it romantic like? I don't think it needed to be longer. I mean, if you wanted to see more hug time you could just rewind it and watch it again. tongue.gif I mean seriously. Not to much going on there AND they made it romantic. (In my eyes at least). As for the rest of the episode I did like how the flashbacks went through. I thought it was very nice and added a nice touch to the "lovey dovey" feel of it all.

Also Sakura blushing after the hug FTW biggrin.gif

It made it look like Narusaku is going to be canon soon. a_plotting.gif

trainercard_zpsafda1a60.png

#36 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Aug 26 2010, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Ino did said something right? I don't know what she said because I couldn't see clearly the subs. She did say something about Sakura liking Naruto or something like that?

Good episode, Garuto!

#37 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:47 PM

There seems to be some confusion about these flasbacks Ebusu was having in this ep. They weren't filler just put there so the episode would end at the celebration, they actually happened in the manga, though much earlier in the arc when Ebisu was fighting the Naraka path. However they weren't shown in the anime ep. when that happened, so I've no idea whether they were moved from that chapter to this one when it went to Volume version. Also, the part with Naruto at the makeshift grave and Iruka's flashbacks weren't filler either, they were shown in the Volume version of the chapter, Kishi couldn't put them in the initial release due to (if I remember right) time constraints.

Regardless, what's important is that this episode turned out great, the hug was handled just fine and I adored it. Farewell Nagato and Konan, at least for now.

Edited by Quinny52, 26 August 2010 - 11:51 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#38 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ Aug 26 2010, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There seems to be some confusion about these flasbacks Ebusu was having in this ep. They weren't filler just put there so the episode would end at the celebration, they actually happened in the manga, though much earlier in the arc when Ebisu was fighting the Naraka path. However they weren't shown in the anime ep. when that happened, so I've no idea whether they were moved from that chapter to this one when it went to Volume version. Also, the part with Naruto at the makeshift grave and Iruka's flashbacks weren't filler either, they were shown in the Volume version of the chapter, Kishi couldn't put them in the initial release due to (if I remember right) time constraints.

Thank you! I had the niggling feeling that I had seen them somewhere in the manga but couldn't for the life of me remember XD;;

#39 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:53 PM

@Kushina

Oh! Ok, I guess I remembered it wrong. Thanks for the link!

#40 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:36 AM

People keep saying that Sakura smiled and blushed after the hug but I don't remember that. Was that in the scene with all the people standing around Naruto who was at the center of the screen? Can someone post a link or something showing the exact scene that Sakura was shown blushing at Naruto? Why didn't I noticed it at the moment I watched it?!?!?! That would've made the episode all the more sweeter for me!!!!!!!!!!! shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by K9ofChaos, 27 August 2010 - 12:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users