#1 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hey Everyone,

Everett Downing is a Pixar animator. Last year, he was feeling like he wasn't drawing enough, in order to get in his practice he designed a new super hero everyday for a whole year.

Everett Downing story here.
(my favorite is "Mulch")

When he did this he always started by creating a name. In order to flex my imagination and to give me something interesting to do in order to practice drawing, I want to give this challenge a shot, but I need help coming up with names.

In order to do this, I want to compile a giant list of adjectives (ex: blue, fierce, stinky), verbs (ex: punch, see, drown) and nouns (ex: wall, dentist, rider).

Everyday, I'll draw a wordset from the choices given to me and these shall be their moniker.

first draw column: a number: 1, 2, 3 (This will help me choose how many words are in their name.)

If I drew:
1) I'll only draw suggestions from the "noun" category/ ex: "The Dentist"
2) I'll draw suggestions from the "noun" and "adjective" categories / ex: "The Blue Wall"
3) I'll draw suggestions from all three categories/ ex: "The Stinky Drowning Rider"
*These will be placed in a used pile, until I've used up all the suggestions I've received, at which time they'll be placed back in for drawing again. Please give me as many words as you can. My friends are giving me words too, but I've got about 365 to create so the less I have to repeat during the year, the cooler!

Rules for me: Same as Mr. Downing's, I can't use more than an hour on it. Hopefully as the year goes on, I'll need less time. Starts on Jan. 1, 2013.

If anyone else wants to do this too it'd be awesome to see what we create. With two artists or more that'd be 730+ super heroes; we'd be able to populate our own super hero universe!

Thanks in advance for your help,

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#2 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Sweet! Good luck to ya!

They say constraints is the best way to bring creativity forth. Since you'll have to create a badass super hero on the random key words you'll draw, it will force you to get creative. Good idea smile.gif

here are some words to add to the mix if you need them...

NOUNS:
Taco
Chopsticks
Highway
Pebble
Micro-chip
Sidewalk
Moose

ADJECTIVES:
Tall
Wide
Slippery