17 replies to this topic

#1 bassclef

bassclef

Konoha Journalist

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 01:16 AM

Hey you guys, a little while ago (about 2 weeks ago) i decided that i would write again.. but only for this forum. Since the ever cold (depends on your definition of cold and where you live in the world) month of December is coming up I've come up with a story pretty fast. hopefully you guys (and girls) will like it.

"The Month of December: A Tale of Life, Love, and Surprises"

Today was the first day of December, Tsunade decided that all missions assigned the Chuunins and Jounins to be postponed until further notice (luckily every Chuunin and Jounin were in the village, with the exception of a few). The main cause for this is because a rather large blizzard was coming towards Fire Country within the next few days. It was rare for Konoha to get snow, but when they did there wasn?t much; only a few inches. And since a blizzard was coming the Godaime didn?t know what were the proper procedures since it was going to be the village?s first one.

It wasn?t until mid afternoon that Tsunade announced her plans publically. Many of the housewives in the village were glad since their husbands had to stay home instead of doing missions. The husbands on the other hand took this chance to have a romantic opportunity since they didn?t know when they?ll go back do a mission. Though when a few young Chuunins and Jounins heard the news they jumped for joy and proceeded to contact friends to celebrate.

And this is where the story beings:

Chapter 1: Wintery Feel; Winter Enjoyment

~Konoha Marketplace: December 1st 2004 2:22 pm~

In the middle of the marketplace a young couple, both being Jounins and in their late teens, were shopping for groceries. The female of this lovely couple was blonde with blue eyes and her ponytail was tied up in a plume with several strands from her widow?s peak laying out towards her right ear. The male, however, had a scruffy exterior. His unattended goatee had several uneven spots with five o?clock shadow contrasting with it. And to complete his look he had a sloppy high ponytail and his trademark shirt underneath his Jounin vest, complete with fishnets, he could careless what he looked like even if it annoyed the help out of his girlfriend. Currently they were arguing over something trivial again.

?Shika I keep telling you that we don?t need any more Pocky I cannot believe Chouji got you addicted to that stuff C?mon, you have to help get the things I need for the Christmas party I?m hosting ? shouted the blonde girl. She was quite furious to say the least, but that still didn?t stop her from multitasking; manage to finish her list while dragging her boyfriend along and keep herself from creating a scene.

?Great, here we go again... this is so damn troublesome,? he sighs. ?All I wanted to do today was-?

While being dragged by his girlfriend Shikamaru started to gaze at the clouds in the air. For some reason one cloud everyday ended up too look like his girlfriend?s face which is quite eerie. As the shopping continued he managed to catch a glimpse of the park where he used to spend most of his free time gazing at the sky and was fascinated by it. He missed the single life, yet he also loved being tied down by Ino. She defined (and confined) him into was he is today: a slightly less lazy boyfriend. But before his attention went back to his love interest Shikamaru caught the sight of two people in the middle of the park.
One figure seemed very familiar, maybe it was someone who went on that memorable mission with him along with several others a few years ago. ?Yeah, that?s probably it? he thought ?just one of them?. It wasn?t until another glimpse that Shikamaru saw that it was indeed that person who was speaking with him a few days ago about proposing to the one person he always had his eyes on ever since that day. So instead of keeping up the pace, he stopped completely knowing this was the moment that person was about to propose to the girl.

?Come on you slow poke I also want to restock on supplies BEFORE the blizzard comes. Now follow me, we need to get some- hey what?s with you? Why did you stop??

?Ino, look over there? commented the lazy Jounin.

? *gasp* Oh my... is that? Oh, SUGOI Ganbatte you big idiot ? yelled the blonde, too bad her shouting was overshadowed by the crowd of the market.

?Yeah, good luck. I hope she says yes to that proposal.? mumbled Shikamaru.

~The Ninja Academy: November 30th 2004 12:00 pm~

Ever since Sakura became Tsunade?s apprentice she had to attend to some of the basic duties the Godaime, like visiting the Academy every month, if she were too busy. Sakura didn?t complain and she didn?t really jump for joy either. But this was one of the simpler duties and she had a lot of fun every time she came. This time around shouldn?t be any exception either. She would usually walk into Iruka-sensei?s class and just watch from the corner, seeing the excitement from every child (with the exception of a few misbehaved ninja?s in training).

When Sakura went off to the East wing of the Academy she went to the second to last door on the right by habit. This room turned out to be the mission assignment room. She peeked in to see new Genins getting assigned to D rank missions. It reminded her of the several missions she had with Naruto and Sasuke. The way Naruto would complain how too lame and easy the missions were. Sasuke, of course, would simply stay in his stoic mood the entire time.

By the time she was done with her usual ?duty? of visiting the Academy, Sakura remembered that Naruto was returning today from his month long mission. The day before he left he told her that there was something very important he would like to talk about with her when he came back. For the first ten days Sakura asked Ino what Naruto could have meant, but since Ino is ever so slightly a romance sap she insisted with the belief of a proposal of engagement.

~Flashback~

?Ino! Are you sure? I mean Naruto have only been on a couple of dates, we don?t even consider ourselves boyfriend and girlfriend yet, and here you?ve come up with this crap about a proposal! Have you lost your mind?!

?No, not at all. You?re just not grasping the concept of the complex structure that is love, Sakura. The one thing I?ve noticed between all couples and singles is that -? Ino replied.

?Eh?! You?re starting to sound like Shikamaru! Wow, that might actually be a good thing you know.?

?Oh shut up. Now the reason why...?

~end flashback~

The next day while sitting at home, being glad she didn?t have to perform any of the Hokage?s ?duties?, Sakura was gazing out her bedroom window. All morning she has been thinking about Naruto?s departure, the words he said that surprised her, ?Don?t worry Sakura-chan, I?ll be back soon and without a scratch. Oh, and there?s something I need to talk to you about when I get back, ok??.

Soon after she cleaned up her dishes she headed out to the main gate. This is where like so many times before, Naruto came home from a mission. Luckily while she was at the Academy the other day she overheard some ANBUs chatting about Naruto and they knew that his mission was accomplished and now was heading back to Konoha.

Naruto, Sakura?s best guy friend, was coming back soon. She hoped it was today... it has already been one month. ?C?mon Naruto, come home today... please come home today.?

Another hour passed, it was now 1:50 pm. She has been out by the main gate for nearly three hours now. It only took a few more moments for her to decide to go back home and just wait the rest of the day by cleaning her place up.

On her way back she came up with the decision to take a detour through the park. When she came to a clear and open area of the park Sakura spotted a bench and sat down to take a small break. The pink haired girl stared at the sky and seeing the ever so boring clouds that once presented such amusement when she was younger. Though right now one looked a lot like Naruto?s head, a round face with hair that stood up even with a large amount of gel. ?Then with those whisker like marks and that goofy smile of his... *sigh* and his deep cerulean eyes... they?re so innocent, so naive.?

?Ah, dammit... I?ve got you on the brain, Naruto. If you were here I would seriously- ?

?You would seriously do what?? whispered a voice from behind.

?Huh?? as Sakura turned around she came face to face with the one person she wanted to see in a month, the one person she hasn?t seen in a month. She was looking at Naruto. And the only words that came from her lips were, ?Hey, what took you so long??

~End Chapter 1~

----------------------
Sorry guys... i wanted it to be longer but i decided to leave it there. Expect chapter 2 to be posted in 1-2 weeks. in the mean time i'll post a message with the chapter 2's title.

Edited by bassclef, 21 December 2004 - 06:46 AM.

"I got bored, so I decided to go and buy a 360. *shrugs* I mainly use it when I'm bored... Which happens to be all the time, lol." -me

#2 Wrathchylde

Wrathchylde

Old Fart.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:stuff...

Posted 22 November 2004 - 01:40 AM

Not too shabby. I'll be looking forward to the rest tomorrow.

#3 Faucon

Faucon

Keeper of the C2

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 02:07 AM

Nice story there. Just dont forget to update it heh
There are 405!!! ( NaruSaku ) stories in the C2.
And 297 subscribers currently!!

The BIG archive of NaruSaku stories
Tell me if im missing any fics

#4 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:13 AM

I like the start. happy.gif

I'll be looking forward to the rest!

#5 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:26 AM

The fox returneth tongue.gif

Good to see this story, Bass smile.gif I'll be reading...

#6 bassclef

bassclef

Konoha Journalist

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 03:45 AM

Chapter 1 is finished as promised.

The Month of December
Chapter 2: The Exciting Proposal, Yes or No? And, "What's a blizzard?"
"I got bored, so I decided to go and buy a 360. *shrugs* I mainly use it when I'm bored... Which happens to be all the time, lol." -me

#7 LoveHinaGuy

LoveHinaGuy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:12 AM

can't wait for chap 2 and it sound very exciting lol biggrin.gif

^MADE BY STAR-CHANNNN!^

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

#8 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:39 PM

whooohoooO!!! GO bass! No waiting period! I command you to write! Or I'm making you walk the PLANK!

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#9 bassclef

bassclef

Konoha Journalist

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:25 AM

Hey everyone, sorry it's late. Hopefully this won't disapoint anyone!

The Month of December
Chapter 2: The Exciting Proposal, Yes or No? And, "What's a blizzard?"

Last time

?Ah, dammit... I?ve got you on the brain, Naruto. If you were here I would seriously- ?

?You would seriously do what?? whispered a voice from behind.

?Huh?? as Sakura turned around she came face to face with the one person she wanted to see in a month, the one person she hasn?t seen in a month. She was looking at Naruto. And the only words that came from her lips were, ?Hey, what took you so long??

~~~

?What do you mean, ?what took you so long?? I just got back.? responded the blonde haired Jounin.

?Yeah and? You know you shouldn?t keep a lady waiting and making them worry about you for a WHOLE MONTH but here you come sneaking up on me and whisper in my ear ? Sakura shouted.

?Hey, hey... calm down. At least I?m here now right Sakura-chan?? he said with a hand behind his head and the other in front waving back and forth.

?Yeah... but still. You could of just given me one of your silly excuses to get by.?

?You?re right... but if I use those excuses all the time you?d think I?m some kind of Kakashi clone.?

?Oh come on Naruto, you?re my best guy friend it?s not like I don?t trust you.?

?Hmm, you?re right... so Do you want to know how my mission went? ?

?Sure ?

~December 1st 2:02 pm Konoha Recreational Park Eastern Entrance~

She has been sitting alone on one of the benches in the central part of the park. She has been waiting patiently for his safe return, she was waiting for Kiba. It has been exactly one month since his mission to the Hidden Village of Sand to ensure the new diplomatic and military solutions did not threaten the surrounding countries and villages.

Ever since the assassination of the Kazekage six years ago (before the Chuunin Exam) the village of Sunakagure has been desperately trying to repair its reputation and its country in the process. While many citizens of the country insisted to surrender to the surrounding countries, the council considered to make an immediate alliance with Konoha to help bring back the prosperity of the once thriving village. So, this whole chain of events has led up to another squad of five to settle some finishing touches to the reconstruction and election of a new Kazekage.

It was nearly 2:10, she has been waiting for about two and a half hours now. ?It might be possible that he?s visiting his family first. Yes, that must be it? She stood up and started to head toward the Inuzuka household.

~Main Gates December 1st 2:00 pm~

A team of five Jounins just entered the village. With their eyes weary they marched forward further into the village. As the captain left to report in the remaining four conversed shortly and started to head back to their loved ones. Yet two stayed behind to discuss matters.

?Hey Kiba, are you actually going to do it this time??

?Hell yeah I?ve got all of it planned out, you see I?ll first meet up with her in the park where we promised to meet after I got back. And then I?ll gradually set up the conversation and THEN-?

?OK, OK... I get the idea... now go and propose. While you go do that I need to meet up with Sakura-chan.?

?Hey Naruto, why do you still call Sakura that?? asked Kiba.

?Hmm? Oh... um, I guess it?s out of habit... I don?t remember a day when I didn?t call her by that.? he replied.

?Oh ok, well I?ll see you later Naruto I?ve have a proposal to say ?

?See ya later Kiba.?

~2:10 pm Konoha Recreational Park Eastern Entrance~

?CRAP Where is she?? When Kiba arrived he was hoping he would find Hinata near her their usual meeting spot.

Kiba was never much of a person who would do things orderly. In fact, every time Kurenai gave him tasks that were time sensitive (non-mission) he?d do the ones that were the most simple first. So when he came back to Kurenai, about half of the tasks were not even attempted.

After a few minutes of searching he finally came upon a lonely figure with indigo hair. It had to be her. He wanted to surprise her, but it would be extremely hard to since she did have the Byakugan. So he came up with an alternative.

?Hey Hinata, wait up ? he shouted.
?Huh?? she was startled by the yelling behind her. But then she realized it was his voice, the voice the one person she was patiently waiting for to return home. It was then she turned around and merely whispered his name. ?Kiba...?

When he saw her turn to face him he smiled. ?Hinata, I?m back. I?m finally home.?

She ran to him with is face still smiling, embracing the hug with his arms around her. It wasn?t until several moments later when they separated with warm smiles on their faces. While trying not to ruin the moment Kiba suggested that they should walk around the park for a bit. This was simply the beginning of his plan to pop the question.

~ 2:02 pm Konoha Recreational Park Western Entrance~

After Naruto?s mission review the two began talking about the usual things. And maybe this time a confession will be made.

?You know Naruto, I really missed you.? she said solemnly.

?I missed you too Sakura-chan But can I ask you something?? he with his usual grin

?Hmm, what is it?? it was then she saw the goofy grin of his plastered on his face. ?It better not be ?can you buy me some ramen at Ichiraku?? Because if it is my answer is no.? she finished sternly.

Naruto definitely wanted some ramen, but since he still hasn?t gotten his paycheck and the fact that when the last time Sakura treated him to ramen he ate double of what her weekly budget was. In the end he HAD to back her back in full.

?Ehehe... Nope it isn?t.? he replied sheepishly.

?Then what is it??

?Umm...Do you want to go out on a date with me??

?Eh? Wait a minute I know where this is going, you were planning on taking me to Ichiraku and making ME pay for the bill. Well, it?s not going to work this time. Oh and by the way a blizzard is coming.?

?No, no I wasn?t planning on doing that Sakura-chan. I just want us to go on a plain, simple, and normal date. No strings attached this time ?

?Uh huh, I?ll think about it. Say Naruto.?

?Hmm, what is it??

?Before you left, you said there was something you needed to talk to me about. What was it??

?Oh that.... Well..?

~2:20 pm Konoha Recreational Park Eastern Entrance~

?This is it Kiba, you can do it ? Within his pockets lied a small velvet box containing a ring. His left hand was griping it tightly making sure it was still there.

?Hinata, can we um.. Stop for a moment??

?OK Kiba-kun, but what for??

?Well.. Hinata we?ve known each for many years now and well um,? he began to get extremely nervous with his left hand still graspnig the box. ?We also went through things like missions and,? right now he was running out of ideas. So his mind acted on impulse. He began to bend down on one knee, but forgot to take the ring out of his pocket. ?Um.... Hinatawillyoumarryme!??he actually said it, well sort of.

With her face growing hot she asks him, ?I-I didn?t catch that, c-can you repeat what you said??

?Huh? Oh sorry! Um,? he stood up with his hand behind his head looking extremely nervous. But he gathered up enough courage to say it again. ?Hinata we?ve known each other ever since our Genin days. Over the years we had the chance of getting to know each other very well and it wasn?t until two years ago we started to date, but I knew you were going to be the one for me to ask this, so I just going to say this. He started to take out a velvet box from his left jacket pocket and covered it up in his fist. ?Hinata, will you be my wife; til death do us part?? he asked as he held out the box and opened it to reveal a shimmering diamond.

While this proposal was occurring several over people saw the couple. There was a couple in the marketplace (which had a clear view of the central part of the park from the northern entrance), another from the western entrance and a third from the southern entrance.

As he was awaiting her answer he was getting even more nervous as humanly possible. A few moments later from shock she finally gave her answer, ?Kiba, you know what my answer is... it?s...?

~2:30 pm Konoha Recreational Park Western Entrance~

?Wow Sakura-chan! Did you see that? Kiba actually proposed to Hinata! What do you think her answer was?? Asked the blonde.

?Naruto! Her answer was of course yes! Geez.. I can?t believe you?re still pretty dense. You know, a blizzard is suppose to come in a few days. I suggest we should get ready for it. How about you stay at my place until it passes over??

?That?s a great idea and all Sakura-chan, but I have a question.?

?Well what is it??

?What?s a blizzard??

She slapped her face with annoyance. ?Baka... and I thought you would be more surprised that I?m allowing you to stay at my place-? she muttered

?WHAT?! You?re letting me stay at your place?! Wow... you know I never got to see your house from the inside...oh and-?

As the two began to walk to their homes she began to sigh and said to herself ?great... 20 minutes after he gets back it already feels like he never left. This is going to be a LONG December?

~End Chapter 2~

---------

Oh, you guys.. I had to edit some of chapter 1 for some of this to fit so if something doesn't make sense from memory of chapter 1 that means I changed it. Hopefully I'll have chapter 3 by New Years, but that's stretching it. You guys know how much I procrastinate!

#10 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:22 AM

Kekekes! great story i can't wait till the next chapter!!!!
Tsu.gif

#11 Faucon

Faucon

Keeper of the C2

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:03 AM

LOL, nice chapter , funny how you maded Naruto very dense, like when Sakura asked him if he wants to go to her place, she had to ask him twice because he knows what she said hehe

Looking forward to the next chapters
There are 405!!! ( NaruSaku ) stories in the C2.
And 297 subscribers currently!!

The BIG archive of NaruSaku stories
Tell me if im missing any fics

#12 Shinyu

Shinyu

Anime Babe Lovah

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Interests:What do you think?

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:59 PM

Damn you and your evil cliffhangers. Nice oging so far.

#13 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:31 PM

Aww that was cute, bass!! I'm sorry for being so grouchy lately...*bows head* But seriously, you did a nice job with the proposal! ^^

#14 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 23 December 2004 - 09:31 AM

Nice job, Bass. happy.gif

I'll be looking forward to Chapter 3 when it does come out. wink.gif

#15 Shadow

Shadow

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:11 PM

This is a great story Bass. biggrin.gif

I can't wait for the naxt chapter. And by the way I was wondering if you were ever going to update Young Love. I really love that story!!

#16 Muttz

Muttz

Chuunin

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:God. Working with Shelter Animals, specifically dogs. Dogs in general...and Animals in general...I think we see where this is going. Art. Reading. Jon Mclaughlin.

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:27 PM

awww that was adorable! great job

#17 Rathgar

Rathgar

Sakura should look as hot as this

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:53 PM

Woohooo.... great story here man... can't wait for the next chapter... biggrin.gif
The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hill-side's dew-pearled
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in his Heaven -
All's right with the world!

#18 LoveHinaGuy

LoveHinaGuy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:59 PM

bass......your evil.........well you cliff is at least tongue.gif KEEP IT UP! i can't wait for next chap biggrin.gif

^MADE BY STAR-CHANNNN!^

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users