147 replies to this topic

#101 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 11:36 PM

Gee, a manga about the "romance" between a glorified single minded groupie and a dinosaur riding unapologetic domestic violence edgelord is not doing well. Shocker.

I guess all that talk about SasuSaku being popular was just that: Talk.

I remember a couple of months ago I wrote in this forum that we will finally be able to get the true size of SS fandom with this series. Here we are, and its not surprising we found out that its actually very small.

A manga that was produced based on a novel that sold poorly to appeal to a fandom that was supposed to be big based on rumours, but its true size has never been validated. Who wouldve guessed it will sold poorly? /s

Not sure if the decision makers were in denial, desperate or simply cannot make smart decisions. It could be three combined. lol.

Anyways, I will hold my judgement until the hard figures come out (if at all). We know for sure by now, SS is very small. The sales figure for this specific product validates that. Whether it is smaller than NH, we dont know and frankly it doesnt matter.

Ive said this before and Ill say it again: Naruto franchise is dead the moment they killed NS, one of the major fandom financing this series.

Will reviving NS bring back sales to the rate before volume 64 came out? Absolutely not. Readers have moved on.

Anything NS at the moment will just kill the already very small NH/SS fandom. NS folks are generally logical and reasonable, we go by manga contents and whats written. While NH/SS fandom will try their hard to justify and get validation that they are very big without any basis except some unofficial polls about pairings, some rumours, etc. It is their insecurities since the original manga that was written for 15 years hardly made any positive content for NH/SS.

With this manga released, we can finally put that debate into conclusion: both SS and NH are very small. They are the freeloaders and it is very unfortunate the executive made decisions that appeals to these very small audience, which end up causing the franchises death.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#102 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 12:53 AM

I kinda hope they DON'T try and revive NS because I'm doing that myself. I've started making comics now, and came back hoping some of you guys would be willing to help out with it. 

#103 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 09 February 2023 - 01:25 AM

I kinda hope they DON'T try and revive NS because I'm doing that myself. I've started making comics now, and came back hoping some of you guys would be willing to help out with it. 

You can always have more than one series revive narusaku doesn't have to be just one

#104 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 04:12 AM

I remember a couple of months ago I wrote in this forum that we will finally be able to get the true size of SS fandom with this series. Here we are, and its not surprising we found out that its actually very small.

A manga that was produced based on a novel that sold poorly to appeal to a fandom that was supposed to be big based on rumours, but its true size has never been validated. Who wouldve guessed it will sold poorly? /s

Not sure if the decision makers were in denial, desperate or simply cannot make smart decisions. It could be three combined. lol.

Anyways, I will hold my judgement until the hard figures come out (if at all). We know for sure by now, SS is very small. The sales figure for this specific product validates that. Whether it is smaller than NH, we don't know and frankly it doesn't matter.

Ive said this before and Ill say it again: Naruto franchise is dead the moment they killed NS, one of the major fandom financing this series.

Will reviving NS bring back sales to the rate before volume 64 came out? Absolutely not. Readers have moved on.

Anything NS at the moment will just kill the already very small NH/SS fandom. NS folks are generally logical and reasonable, we go by manga contents and what's written. While NH/SS fandom will try their hard to justify and get validation that they are very big without any basis except some unofficial polls about pairings, some rumours, etc. It is their insecurities since the original manga that was written for 15 years hardly made any positive content for NH/SS.

With this manga released, we can finally put that debate into conclusion: both SS and NH are very small. They are the freeloaders and it is very unfortunate the executive made decisions that appeals to these very small audience, which end up causing the franchises death.

I still see this as the executives tired of Naruto-Boruto not making them money like it used to and trying to figure out what does.

They are probably not happy it got supposedly high online views but poor financial purchases. Which is the same thing that happened with nH.

It will probably come down to what do they do with the poll winner's manga and how it does. if it does poorly, they will probably be just done with Naruto-Boruto all together. If it does well, we will see if that even happens. if they just ghost it, they have already given up.

But even if they realize they MUST go back to NS they are probably reluctant to pull that trigger. One, because they already made the decision to support nH/SS. Two, Kishimoto would need to come out to show his support for it and that would require stabbing Ikemoto in the back.

Honestly, I just hope they keep breathing down Ikemoto's neck. So he keep rushing his story. So, it will finally reach the time skip and I can finally stop doing those summaries.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 February 2023 - 04:13 AM.

#105 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 09 February 2023 - 11:58 AM

Isnt Ikemoto a NH fan and one of Kishis former editors?

#106 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 01:40 PM

Isnt Ikemoto a NH fan and one of Kishis former editors?

Assistant. He was in charge of backgrounds, background characters, and anything else Kishimoto didn't feel like doing. He took over Boruto for Kishimoto.

He was apparently one of the people that convince Kishi to go with SS. Saying the Sakura was hated because she wasn't with Sasuke.

I also suspect he was the assistant who said you read the manga wrong and weren't a true fan if you didn't support nH. If nothing else for the irony.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 February 2023 - 01:41 PM.

#107 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 03:38 PM

Amazing that the dude actually believed Sakura was hated because she didn't give into her mindless obsession with Sasuke.🤣🤣🤣

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#108 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 05:23 PM

Assistant. He was in charge of backgrounds, background characters, and anything else Kishimoto didn't feel like doing. He took over Boruto for Kishimoto.

He was apparently one of the people that convince Kishi to go with SS. Saying the Sakura was hated because she wasn't with Sasuke.

I also suspect he was the assistant who said you read the manga wrong and weren't a true fan if you didn't support nH. If nothing else for the irony.

Well that explains alot he got bad advice from everywhere execpt his wife

#109 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 11:23 PM

I can't help but wonder if Kishi actually made the REAL ending he had envisioned for his wife. 

#110 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 12:17 AM

Pretty sure 663 is implied as the real ending

#111 Therece

Therece

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 12:39 AM

Dont forget the Sasuke Retsuden light novel (the original source material) didnt exactly sale well either, and the numbers proved it!

Im just laughing honestly that people thought it was gonna do better than Boruto.

I underestimated the damage Boruto  did to the franchise in these 8 years since the original ending.
Sarada Gaiden got almost 1.000.000 of sells. Sakura, Itachi, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Kakashi Hiddens got easily 80.000/100.000 sellls.  In 2015 wasn' t too hard to a side Novel outsell the current Boruto sales.

At this point any Novel or side Material never will sell good as a 8 years ago when the franchise was at his peak. Hardly japonese SS who remained will revive the franchise.
Boruto simply killed Naruto Franchise and many fans simply grew up, got other hobbies or moved on...

Look how even the novels decreased their sales after Boruto.

15445454.jpg

122312.jpg
1111111.jpg

Edited by Therece, 10 February 2023 - 01:08 AM.

#112 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 01:19 AM

I need to go back and re-read through the manga. It's been too long, and it would help with my own projects now that I think about it. 

#113 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 07:06 AM

Anyways, I will hold my judgement until the hard figures come out (if at all). We know for sure by now, SS is very small. The sales figure for this specific product validates that. Whether it is smaller than NH, we dont know and frankly it doesnt matter.

Anything NS at the moment will just kill the already very small NH/SS fandom. NS folks are generally logical and reasonable, we go by manga contents and whats written. While NH/SS fandom will try their hard to justify and get validation that they are very big without any basis except some unofficial polls about pairings, some rumours, etc. It is their insecurities since the original manga that was written for 15 years hardly made any positive content for NH/SS.

And let's not forget the way they killed NS either, by invalidating Naruto and Sakura's friendship as well. The Last may have forgotten but we certainly won't. No amount of shipping moments between Naruto and Sakura from here on out ( if it ever happens) will ever make up for what they did just to not make Hinata look like a second place pity prize. Let this weaboo sellout franchise sink even further, because it no longer interests me and the stories kittened out of these money grubbers' avaricious @$$es are NOT engaging for the vast majority of them. "The spirit of Naruto" is lost, there's no other way to put it, this is just sad plain desperation to put bucks in the bank which is failing. 

Gee, a manga about the "romance" between a glorified single minded groupie and a dinosaur riding unapologetic domestic violence edgelord is not doing well. Shocker.

I guess all that talk about SasuSaku being popular was just that: Talk.

Fans probably only liked it until they actually saw it become canon with all of the negativity it actually entails . But that's just my guess.

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 February 2023 - 10:40 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#114 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 07:37 PM

With this manga released, we can finally put that debate into co nclusion: both SS and NH are very small. They are the freeloaders and it is very unfortunate the executive made decisions that appeals to these very small audience, which end up causing the franchises death.

It's funny really, how we heard so much that SS fanbase was big in terms of popularity (which is probably was and still is) but when seeing the sale numbers of a light novel that is targetted for them, you see the total opposite. While the ending was bad (and many things that came after), the overall sales were good, last time I remember but it was harder to tell if it was because of the fanbase of the pairings the executives chose.

Sure for NH, they got the last movie and SS got Gaiden (even if it was still pictured in a more or less negative light by Kishimoto) but even that, it still couldn't really show really how much important these 2 fanbases were in terms of being big enough to support the overall sales of the franchise.

People could still hate the ending for many reasons yet still buy the mangas to complete the set and even what came after, for example. Same could be said in a way with Boruto, while at first it kinda did good in sales (not as good as Naruto but enough to continue with the project), it was mostly because it was new, fans could still hate Naruto ending for many reasons yet still be curious about it. But again, the variation of the numbers couldn't be explained just because of the support of the pairings fanbase, not really at least. But with Sasuke Retsuden, whose sole purpose is pretty much targetted for SS, you can get a better picture on how big this fanbase is still is which isn't as big as everyone thought it was at least, not in terms to support the sales. If Sasuke Retsuden came out closer to let's say, Gaiden, maybe things would be different (or not) but while it could have boosted the sales for a while, it would have been just that, for a while and not enough to completely support the franchise overall sales that were better around the ending of Naruto and start of Boruto.

With the Last for NH and now Sasuke Retsuden for SS, we get a better picture of the importance these 2 fanbases has in sales and overall, while it might still be popular, I guess it's not popular enough to really support the numbers of sales.

Not gonna lie, I'm somehow surprised with SS because SS popularity was based more on the japanese market (unless I misread information before) and unlike the westerns fans, the japanese fans buy the product, to show their support, they don't watch/read illegally. I guess even if SS was made canon, the SS japanese fanbase didn't really wanted to show their support and with good reasons as they didn't really have a good representation in how it was handle.

Not sure if the decision makers were in denial, desperate or simply cannot make smart decisions. It could be three combined. At this point, I would say the three combined hahah 

Ive said this before and Ill say it again: Naruto franchise is dead the moment they killed NS, one of the major fandom financing this series. While I can say that it wasn't the only factor, I agree with you that killing NS was one of the major factor that killed the franchise. Not only killing it but doing it in such dirty way too. Even with just friendship moments, it was still one of the core relashionship of the manga that also affected greatly the main plot of the serie. Even if fans didn't support it as a pairing, they understood that it was part of the story and they expected that this would be the logical endgame pairing (at least, the japanese fanbase and people that can actually read outside the shipping googles). While the decision to switch for NH/SS were done months, probably a couple of years before the ending, the executives might have been aware at that time that people, at least the japanese fans, expected NS at the end, which is the only big reason why they pulled the misleading tricks with The last movie. They didn't want to lose the japanese fandom support (at least not for the sales of the last movie) while trying to support the international market. Again, while NS isn't the only reason why the franchise is dead, it's still a big reason why, the executives knew they would lose the supports of the NS fanbase they probably just wouldn't know just how much this would cost them because they only saw the popularity factor, they never considered that the overall fans, shipping fans or not, cares a lot more about the integrality of the story and the characters and NS was part of the package deal. 

Reviving NS could be an option but to do that they would have to admit they kittened big time with their dirty tactics to destroy it by following what was popular instead, to maybe have a rise of curiousity from the NS fanbase but they will never admit their mistakes and even if they did, it won't work. If they don't, they could still do it but like you said, the NS fanbase are generally the logical and reasonnable fanbase that goes with what's written and after all the kitten up the executives did to make everyone believe that NS never really existed, It's a given that the NS fanbase wouldn't be tricked by them again. You said it, The NS fanbase moved on (at least to what is canon) and while some might be curious, it wouldn't be enough to support the franchise that antagonised it, even if they did admit that they kittened up, this fanbase know better and certainly won't fall into their trap.  

I still see this as the executives tired of Naruto-Boruto not making them money like it used to and trying to figure out what does.

They are probably not happy it got supposedly high online views but poor financial purchases. Which is the same thing that happened with nH.

It will probably come down to what do they do with the poll winner's manga and how it does. if it does poorly, they will probably be just done with Naruto-Boruto all together. If it does well, we will see if that even happens. if they just ghost it, they have already given up.

But even if they realize they MUST go back to NS they are probably reluctant to pull that trigger. One, because they already made the decision to support nH/SS. Two, Kishimoto would need to come out to show his support for it and that would require stabbing Ikemoto in the back.

Honestly, I just hope they keep breathing down Ikemoto's neck. So he keep rushing his story. So, it will finally reach the time skip and I can finally stop doing those summaries.

I still see this as the executives tired of Naruto-Boruto not making them money like it used to and trying to figure out what does. That the only logical explanation as to why they would do that now. Relying on what's popular (like they always did) is the worst decision to make, like I said previously, just because something is popular doesn't mean that the sales will be good. If the products they are trying to sale is bad, nothing will save it, regardless of what's  popular or not. Not only that but they probably don't even know what made Naruto so popular in the first place because if they did, they probably would have make light novels about it or add these elements into the Boruto story. So the ''best strategy'' for them, at this point is to pull the volting poll on fans. Only this is still something that could backfire on them because they don't take into consideration what could happen using this strategy and did happen, which is fans, ex-fans, other people knowing about the vote and voting for any reasons, some to support but many to troll the Naruto toxic fanbase.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe it will help but frankly, from what I see, my guess would be that it will fail or at best for them, boost the sale for a little while and that's it.

I always assume that Ikemoto pushed more the NH agenda and not really the SS. The only rumour that I've heard about SS was that he hated Sakura but I never heard about him convincing Kishi that Sakura was hated because of her not being with Sasuke, I heard more that he tried to push Hinata's popularity factor on Kishi. then again, if him pushing the whole Hinata popularity on Kishi, one would assume that he might have pushed SS also for this very same reason and again, because he apparently hated Sakura.

To me, that was the hidden message from Kishi saying that's the realy ending he envisioned.

Edited by Serenity Namikaze, 10 February 2023 - 07:37 PM.

#115 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 10 February 2023 - 09:08 PM

I agree the only way you could bring the fans back is to admit they kittened up, and sadly if I were them or told them what to do, it would mean throwing a few who pushed that SS and NH should have become canon because they were biased under the bus. Ones like Ikemoto and the staff at SP who pushed and played favorites sadly would need to become scapegoats.

After that, they would have to do a public apology to all Naruto not sure what they should say but it would need to be done in away that shows and tell everyone that the ending was a mistake and so were the end pairings.

#116 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 10:03 PM

What I'd like to know is where this obsession with Hinata even came from with SP. She was never that interesting and she didn't appear for at least a year or two into the manga. She got her ass handed to her by Neji, then disappeared until Shippuden if I recall correctly. 

#117 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 February 2023 - 10:07 PM

What I'd like to know is where this obsession with Hinata even came from with SP. She was never that interesting and she didn't appear for at least a year or two into the manga. She got her ass handed to her by Neji, then disappeared until Shippuden if I recall correctly. 

I assume you forgot about Part 1 with the fillers and the unnecessary "beyond the tsundere-trope" with Sakura.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#118 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 10:07 PM

I assume you forgot about Part 1 with the fillers and the unnecessary "beyond the tsundere-trope" with Sakura.

That's what I'm talking about. Where did the obsession come from with SP. The NH fans have an excuse, but what about SP? 

Edited by Dalton.T.R, 10 February 2023 - 10:08 PM.

#119 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 February 2023 - 10:16 PM

That's what I'm talking about. Where did the obsession come from with SP. The NH fans have an excuse, but what about SP? 

Because when they began portraying Sakura in a bad light, especially when treating Naruto for comedic purposes. Not to mention they sexualized Hinata way back with the filler when she was training naked under a waterfall and had Naruto mesmerized in the background (really, not cool as they were minors!)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#120 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 10 February 2023 - 10:27 PM

I think he was referring to before sp started doing filler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users