• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#141 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jan 4 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought there was also something about Sasuke's will overpowering Orochimaru because I had heard there were lots of posts over at NF about the Will of Hate being stronger than the Will of Fire after that chapter.

I think it was something like that, now to think about it.

Anyways, it's still corny, either way.

#142 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Jan 2 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that's the case, then why weren't Ino or Shino, two of the rookie who we saw taking part in exposing their enemy's weak points, shown? When Hinata is shown, we learn half of a page later Tsunade used the entirety of her chakra reserves to save the villagers. Couldn't Kishimoto have simply disregarded Hinata's appearance until she actually serves more of a relevancy to this arc? There was no point in introducing her as a survivor when the last time she was seen was when the infiltration of the village was actually taking place.

I'm sure that in the next couple chapters he will have shown on all of the rookies including Shino and Ino. Remember that each chapter is only like 17 pages long.

#143 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:59 AM

Sasuke still didnt beat Orochimaru. he merely suppressed him. this is amde abundantly clear when during the fight with Itachi he was forced to release him in desperation.

Its one thing a lot of people who look at the sasuke vrs naruto strength argument forget to take into account. they see sasuke stand over naruto at the valley of the end and say sasuke won.

but he didnt he lost. he may have won the fight but Naruto won the battle. he kept his promise to sakura and won. he showed his strength and beat sasuke.

the onlyr eason he fell was because he threw the fight since his only alternative was to kill Sasuke and that would have broken his promise to Sakura.

instead he stood true to his ninja way and was victorious.

Sasuke failed again to kill orochimaru. even with the sharingan and all his so called uber power all he could do in the end was seal orochimaru away.

the kicker was that Orochimaru didnt even really have his body killed by sasuke. he gave his body up intentionally so he could try and take Sasuke over. he nearly succeeded except for the sharingan.

in the end he was forced to let orochimaru go and orochimar died thnaks to susanoo, and the fires of amateratsu. in effect itachi killed him.

Speaking of Itachi.

his greatest failure to date.

All his betrayals, all his BS about power coming form hatred, about his teamates holding him back. all his nonsence about killing itachi comes to naught when Itachi notonly single handedly outdoes him but he ends up dieing by his illness not sasukes great and powerful hands of vengance.

No parades for our avenger, no purpose, no great chorus form the heavens singing his praises. nothing just cold bleak utter nothing.

hsi entire life comes to nothing and the fact that Itachi could have killed him in thta last instance as he sat their helpless as a little boy. Itachi even had the temerity to poke him in the forehead jsut like he used to to emphasize the weakness Sasuke has.

The failure with the Hachibi wlel that speaks for itself. his own arrogance made him slip up. but at leats he showed signs of redemption when he gained the power to hold back amateratsu to protect his teamates,

so score one a mostly failure but a stunning success as the lesson may finally be sinking in.

Sasuke may just may be finally learning the lessons that Kakashi tried to put through his skull when he tied him to the tree so long ago.

will have to see if thats the case.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#144 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:28 AM

I agree. Sasuke needs some growing up to do, and I don't know if he will do it before or after he gets pwned by Naruto.
. Don't Press the red button

#145 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:45 AM

Well Sasuke never acctually put forth any effort to work hard like Naruto. Rather than working hard on his own and become uber powerful like Naruto has in the recent manga chapters.

Instead, he took the easy way out and went with Orochimaru. If it weren't for his magic steroid box that gave Sasuke his 2nd curse form, Naruto would have won both ways. Also, during his "training" at Orochimaru's hideout, all he did was learn a few new moves. Otherwise it was Orochimaru's and Kabuto's doing with there steroids that they gave him. Sasuke didn't earn the power by highself, thus he is still weak.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#146 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Dec 29 2008, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG That was so cool! Finally Sakura sees how badass Naruto is thanks to the byakugan dude!
Loved seeing Tsunade jump in there all pissed off, but it was even cooler that Naruto didn't let her steal the spotlight.
wub.gif

What she said exactly.
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#147 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Jan 4 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erm... wuht? Orochimaru was on full guard in his 'snake' mode, about to take Sasuke's body, when, magically, Sasuke reveals 'teh reverzor sharingan of DEWM' and takes over Orochimaru by magic of, dun dun dunnnn, poor plot writing!

Also, Itachi killed Orochimaru by a sword that we have never heard of, and never will of again. It seems really, really disappointing. Also, how does one go about and gaining a spirit sword that seals a person into a 'eternity of sleep', when he is being monitored by his own comrades? How does one do that?

Yep. Orochimaru managed to get pwned twice in anticlimactic fashion. I'm hoping that it still isn't the end for him. Didn't a little snake wriggle away after Itachi stabbed him?

#148 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:46 AM

After almost a year people are STILL b&cing about how Orochimaru died? Move on.

uc.png

#149 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Jan 5 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. Orochimaru managed to get pwned twice in anticlimactic fashion. I'm hoping that it still isn't the end for him. Didn't a little snake wriggle away after Itachi stabbed him?

It wiggled into the Amataresu without second-thought. You would think snakes would go into the ground, a hole or something...

#150 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jan 1 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a difference between realism and logic. Alot of what happens isn't realistic, but that doesn't mean it has to be illogical.

There's a limitation to that justification. If that's all that's necessary to justify it, then why stop there? Why not have him acquire it in a day? Why stop at toad form, let's give him more Kyuubi control and spiky hair and lightning to boot. If logic is to be discarded then there shouldn't be a problem. Moreover, it should cut across characters. I don't see how there could be any objection to Sasuke's development and acquisition of the Mangekyou, except that it's not fair for Naruto. I'm under the impression that people would be considerably less deferential to any lack of logic if the person receiving the benefits of it had black hair and a deceased family.

I don't care if Naruto and Sasuke end up the strongest, I do care if ends at a point where we could say all those SuperNaruto fics had it right with the rest of the Jonin and rookie nine so far behind that they look like academy level genin. Seriously, in essentially two weeks worth of work he's acquired Sage Mode and RasenShuriken. If he decided to train using that method full time, what's the stopping point?

Shriner I agree with you to an extent. I don't have a problem with Naruto's strength since we have seen him training (on and off panel), and that for me is enough. Realistically for him to take on Pain, he would need years of it to match him evenly. But since it is a Shounen manga the main characters have to be young and not adults. His growth for me is perfectly fine as it is. Though this fight hasn't started yet, what Naruto did to Asura Pain has to be the one of (if not the) fastest speed feats we've seen. Naruto isn't noted for his speed so it does raise some suspicion (I think it was probably done for dramatic effect), but I'll hold judgment until the fight begins.

Now I do agree that this fight should be held by readers in the same regard they hold Sasuke's. All the fights in which Sasuke was in, people pointed out certain things that they felt give Sasuke an unfair advantage and the upper hand. If the same thing happens in this fight with Naruto, he should get the same treatment. Yet, their always has been a double standard in the fandom in which Naruto is defended strongly when he is given an unfair advantage (i.e. the Kakuzu fight) while Sasuke is attacked ferociously for almost anything he does. For now, I can't make much of a remark since it is still early, but I do feel that Pain's fatigue could play a part into the fight. As long as their isn't any PIS or PNJ involved it should be a good fight. Even if Naruto defeats Pain I don't have a problem with it, but it should be believable in Shounen terms (I can admit it even with my Naruto bias).

QUOTE (Auni @ Jan 1 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is Bleach uneven? The main character is still getting pwned by the bad guys...IMO, Bleach is the only one out of those three that has reasonable-power-upping.

Really I love Bleach a lot, but even I can admit the power levels are horribly done. Kubo and logic don't mix and his reasoning for a good guys victory are very thin when it comes to believability, even in a Shounen. Still though, I enjoy the fights.

I notice now that Hinata and Sakura are both able to witness Naruto's fight the shippers are getting edgy. There is only one way to settle this love triangle. Hinata and Sakura should go off and have a cat fight about who gets to be with Naruto, and in the mean time Tsunade can repay her debt to Naruto for saving her life. They don't call her the legendary :O for nothing!

Make it Happen Kishi! I demand hetero fanservice! LOL JOKE LINE IS JOKE! OK? CHILLAX!

#151 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

Hey. Your turned Pain in to Naruto :O O:
. Don't Press the red button

#152 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

I've seen some MAjor spoilers for 431. Be warned, this was almost too much spoiler for me, you may not want to click here.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#153 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jan 7 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've seen some MAjor spoilers for 431. Be warned, this was almost too much spoiler for me, you may not want to click here.

It's fake.

#154 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

I have a secret confession to make, prior to this chapter I was beginning to lose interest in Naruto. I blame myself for having such little faith. This chapter brought me firmly back into the flock.

I bow before Kishimoto-sensei and promise to never have such doubts again!

Edited by Verilance, 12 January 2009 - 10:32 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#155 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jan 7 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Major league fake.

uc.png

#156 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jan 11 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Major league fake.

Yeah it's all over the place now, spread on utube and tons of different forums by all kinds of people lol 121721.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#157 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jan 11 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it's all over the place now, spread on utube and tons of different forums by all kinds of people lol 121721.gif

Well its all we have until the real spoilers are posted on mangahelpers.

uc.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users