#21 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

The Truth-Rated M for Mature --Click here to view--

Edited by Dreamer, 09 December 2011 - 05:26 AM.

#22 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Dec 9 2011, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Truth-Rated M for Mature --Click here to view--

The way that person drew Miyamoto looks really freaky. mellow.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#23 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

That short comic made me lol but I won't be the one playing the game I bought it for my little brother for after Christmas comes in early January.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#24 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 9 2011, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That short comic made me lol but I won't be the one playing the game I bought it for my little brother for after Christmas comes in early January.

You should play it too, it's a good game.

#25 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

Already almost halfway through biggrin.gif and the time line's SUPPOSED to be secret rawr.gif otherwise it limits their imagination cause they'll have make things in chronological order

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

I don't pay attention to the timeline. In fact, it's only a certain group of fans that take the timeline thing seriously. It's better to just take each Zelda game on its own and not to try and connect it up with all the others. Just enjoy the story. happy.gif

I'm almost done with Skyward Sword, just tidying up the side quests and I will also try to get the most powerful shield this weekend. Once I have that and all the crystals, it'll be time to wrap everything up.

#27 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

Yup that's what I'm saying Kage Smiter. No point arguing about something that's not even public ir will limit the enjoyment of the experience happy.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 December 2011 - 04:54 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:08 AM

... just like how Anti-Zelink fans keep complaining about their ages. People say that Zelink can't happen simply because Zelda is apparently three years older than Link in Twilight Princess. That's the equivalent to saying ShikaTema can't happen for the same reason.

Seriously, I could care less about the character ages or the chronology. I just wanna enjoy the story smile.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#29 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 10 2011, 05:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... just like how Anti-Zelink fans keep complaining about their ages. People say that Zelink can't happen simply because Zelda is apparently three years older than Link in Twilight Princess. That's the equivalent to saying ShikaTema can't happen for the same reason.

Seriously, I could care less about the character ages or the chronology. I just wanna enjoy the story smile.gif

Seriously?

laugh.gif You know what, I wasn't a Zelink fan until Skyward Sword made me one. I wonder if the Anti-Zelink fans are the ones hung up about the ending of Ocarina of Time? tongue.gif

#30 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

I think FiLink has potential too, nothing wrong with liking your sword. pictureem0.gif

Edited by Dreamer, 10 December 2011 - 10:44 AM.

#31 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Dec 10 2011, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what, I wasn't a Zelink fan until Skyward Sword made me one.

You DARE to become a Zelink fan only now? You must DIE. /jk laugh.gif

Zeldapedia's got a good article on Zelink moments and theories. Here it is happy.gif

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Dec 10 2011, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think FiLink has potential too, nothing wrong with liking your sword. pictureem0.gif

fu.png I like Fi too.

Anyways, on topic with thread... I am so happy because I just beat the final Silent Realm. I can't believe there was four of them.

JA2DBzd.png

#32 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Dec 9 2011, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should play it too, it's a good game.

Well I love Twilight Princess I know I will love this game too, maybe I'll convince him to lend it to me when he's done playing it. I do have my Wii gathering dust in my closet. I need to give it some use.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#33 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Dec 10 2011, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fi is cool, isn't she? smile.gif I think her only downside is that she often states the bleeding obvious. tongue.gif

*volcano erupts, throwing huge chunks of molten lava into the air*
Fi: Based on seismic readings, there is a 95% probability that this volcano is active.
Me: Really? You don't say.

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 10 2011, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You DARE to become a Zelink fan only now? You must DIE. /jk laugh.gif

Zeldapedia's got a good article on Zelink moments and theories. Here it is happy.gif

fu.png I like Fi too.

Anyways, on topic with thread... I am so happy because I just beat the final Silent Realm. I can't believe there was four of them.

The Silent Realms were horrible, they did a good job with the suspense and heart-pounding moments. There's nothing worse than only having one more seed to go, and there's an army of guardians dogging your heels, howling for your blood.

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 10 2011, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I love Twilight Princess I know I will love this game too, maybe I'll convince him to lend it to me when he's done playing it. I do have my Wii gathering dust in my closet. I need to give it some use.

Oh, you'll give it some use. You'll be playing it solid for a week or so. wink.gif

#34 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

I'm guessing a lot of you have already heard this, but apparently Famitsu gave Skyward Sword a 40/40.

Story

It was apparently the first game this year to get a perfect score from that publication, and also the third Zelda game to receive a 40/40 in Famitsu's history. Dang, now I really can't wait to play it. arg.gif

QUOTE (Smiter @ Dec 9 2011, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't pay attention to the timeline. In fact, it's only a certain group of fans that take the timeline thing seriously. It's better to just take each Zelda game on its own and not to try and connect it up with all the others. Just enjoy the story. happy.gif

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 9 2011, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm the same as Smiter. Other than the games that are set up to be direct sequels (OOT-> MM, Zelda I-> Zelda II, WW->PH), I generally don't try to figure out where they take place in the overall timeline. I essentially just treat them as completely seperate stories, that just happen to feature similar-looking heroes, and enjoy them as such. I prefer to assume all the princesses are related through the royal family, but the the hero doesn't necessarily have any real connection with previous heroes. I've always thought the way the game allows you to name yourself sort of bore credence to that. "Link" is only the default name given to the hero, and I think I read somewhere that it was only given to him to signify that he was intended to be the connection (link) between the player and the story.

As far as shipping goes, I'd say it really depends on the game, since Zelda's/Link's relationship really depends on which story is being told. I guess I can see the appeal if you imagine it being the same pairing repeated throughout the generations, but I generally don't ship Zelda and the hero together unless they have a strong relationship in that story.

That being said, I felt like Twilight Princess was the only game where a pairing other than Zelda/Link was implied (Link/Ilia or Link/Midna, depending on your perspective). They didn't really interact very much in TP until the final battle, and I thought the hero's relationships with Ilia and Midna had much more to stand on than his one with Zelda. In every other Zelda game, though, I feel like Zelda/Link was implied, either through them childhood friends (Minish Cap, Four Swords/Adventures, Skyward Sword) or just by her being the damsel in distress for the majority of the game.
I think my favorite game for Zelda/Link shipping, though, would have to be Spirit Tracks. Some parts of the game were iffy, but I loved seeing Zelda help the hero save her for once. Plus, there was some cute moments during/after the final battle with how he blushed when she hugged him and when it showed the two of them holding hands before the credits. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 10 December 2011 - 05:55 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#35 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Dec 11 2011, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fi is cool, isn't she? smile.gif

I love her voice so much. She sounds like an auto-tuned Animal Crossing character, it's so awesome fu.png happy.gif

The Silent Realms were horrible, they did a good job with the suspense and heart-pounding moments. There's nothing worse than only having one more seed to go, and there's an army of guardians dogging your heels, howling for your blood.

Nintendo just had to combine the worst parts from Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass, along with music that's probably scarier than Silent Hill.

Although... I do like some Guardians and Watchers to guard the front of my house 24/7, since my neighbours keep putting random crap on my nature strip facepalm.png

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 11 2011, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as shipping goes, I'd say it really depends on the game, since Zelda's/Link's relationship really depends on which story is being told. I guess I can see the appeal if you imagine it being the same pairing repeated throughout the generations, but I generally don't ship Zelda and the hero together unless they have a strong relationship in that story.

Although I ship Zelink either way, regardless of how strong their relationship is in each game, I can see what you're getting at.

Some people think it's sort of weird because at the beginning of most games, Zelda is a princess that you just meet, then all of a sudden you become best friends or something along the lines by the end of the game. Like Smiter-sama said on the previous page, you're basically just saving her simply because she's a high authority figure that needs to live, and along the way you become close in a short amount of time. That's why most Zelink fans, myself included, like the relationship between Link and Zelda in Skyward Sword since their relationship has gone up to a much more personal level, and aside from the "Zelda plays an important role so she needs to live" reason, it kind of also gives Link a personal reason for himself to save Zelda.

I think my favorite game for Zelda/Link shipping, though, would have to be Spirit Tracks. Some parts of the game were iffy, but I loved seeing Zelda help the hero save her for once. Plus, there was some cute moments during/after the final battle with how he blushed when she hugged him and when it showed the two of them holding hands before the credits. happy.gif

Well before Skyward Sword came about, then I would have to agree with you there. laugh.gif there were so many moments, it was adorable wow.png

JA2DBzd.png

#36 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 10 2011, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although I ship Zelink either way, regardless of how strong their relationship is in each game, I can see what you're getting at.

Some people think it's sort of weird because at the beginning of most games, Zelda is a princess that you just meet, then all of a sudden you become best friends or something along the lines by the end of the game. Like Smiter-sama said on the previous page, you're basically just saving her simply because she's a high authority figure that needs to live, and along the way you become close in a short amount of time. That's why most Zelink fans, myself included, like the relationship between Link and Zelda in Skyward Sword since their relationship has gone up to a much more personal level, and aside from the "Zelda plays an important role so she needs to live" reason, it kind of also gives Link a personal reason for himself to save Zelda.

Well before Skyward Sword came about, then I would have to agree with you there. laugh.gif there were so many moments, it was adorable wow.png

Yeah I've read that Zelda and Link are childhood friends in this one. I love childhood-friend pairings, so I'm sure I'll be Zelink-shipping in Skyward Sword when I finally get around to playing it. happy.gif

Though thinking back on it, I didn't really mind Zelda/Link in Twilight Princess, it was just the fact that they interacted so little throughout the game. I guess I tend to treat each Zelda/Link pairing as a seperate ship, since most games feature, or are at least intended to feature, new incarnations of Zelda and the hero.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 10 December 2011 - 10:24 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#37 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 11 2011, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I've read that Zelda and Link are childhood friends in this one. I love childhood-friend pairings, so I'm sure I'll be Zelink-shipping in Skyward Sword when I finally get around to playing it. happy.gif

Though thinking back on it, I didn't really mind Zelda/Link in Twilight Princess, it was just the fact that they interacted so little throughout the game. I guess I tend to treat each Zelda/Link pairing as a seperate ship, since most games feature, or are at least intended to feature, new incarnations of Zelda and the hero.

I know right? So little interaction in Twilight Princess... that actually pissed me off to be honest. And yes, childhood-friend pairings are awesome, but because of that people tend to take advantage of that fact and ship Link X Ilia in the game [since they're childhood friends in said game apparently]. No wonder there's so many Link X Ilia shippers out there... wait, is there such thing as Ilia fans, let alone Link X Ilia shippers? laugh.gif seriously she needs to be burned, and I'm putting that in the lightest way possible. I'm pretty sure that majority of Zelda fans would agree. Ilia is just so... ugh sleep.gif

Anyways, I just need to find the final Triforce piece, then go ahead and battle Demise [oh my gosh that rhymes laugh.gif], AND THEN IT'S ALL OVER~! wow.png

JA2DBzd.png

#38 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

Oh Rocket, I love your set~ Fi is so cute<3 I want one XD

I've only beaten two temples so far, but I'm taking it slow and enjoying it.

Since I do sorta connect Zelda and Link throughout all of the games, I'm pretty much always going to be a Zelink fan. Though, my favorite version to read them in is always one in which she is Princess Zelda and he is her Hero. *le sigh*

#39 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 11 2011, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh Rocket, I love your set~ Fi is so cute<3 I want one XD

I know right? happy.gif She's so adorable eager.gif

I've only beaten two temples so far, but I'm taking it slow and enjoying it.

Well I just want to say you have a lot more ahead of you wink.gif but you'll get through it all someday. I wish you the best happy.gif

Since I do sorta connect Zelda and Link throughout all of the games, I'm pretty much always going to be a Zelink fan. Though, my favorite version to read them in is always one in which she is Princess Zelda and he is her Hero. *le sigh*

Yup, I definitely agree with that. I guess it's because the pairing has grown on most, if not all of us who have grown up playing the Zelda series from the beginning. The same can be said for Mario X Peach in the Mario series respectively. smile.gif

EDIT: Guys, it's official... it's over! I did it! I beat Skyward Sword! I did it, I did it, I did it! IT'S ALL OVEERRRRR~~! wow.png

Oh my gosh... (BEWARE MAJOR SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!) --Click here to view--
Well this is what I think of the ending...
Putting a second spoiler tag just in case... --Click here to view--
LOL, spoiler tags ftw. But I swear, the next will be the last. I'm serious. It's REAL, MAJOR, RUINING SPOILERS. I'm seriously not kidding.
SERIOUSLY ONLY CLICK IF YOU BEAT THE GAME. MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD. --Click here to view--
The part where Zelda broke out of her seal and fell, and then Link caught her... and the ending itself, when old-aged Impa passed away... when Fi had to part ways with Link and gave that absolutely heartfelt speech, despite being a spirit that resides in a sword... Oh my God I almost cried, this game broke my heart shamefulcry0js.gif

And with that being said... Hero Mode, here I come! wow.png

Edited by Rocket, 11 December 2011 - 02:34 AM.

JA2DBzd.png

#40 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

Should i start upgrading the sacred shield before the Thunder Dragon Trials?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users