• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:17 PM

Episode 117

Few minor narusaku moments typical filler style. Rest of the episode felt a little disjointed to me, but followed the manga pretty well.

watch judge for yourself biggrin.gif
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#2 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

There wasn't much filler at all. I thoroughly enjoyed the first filler part where Naruto and Jiraiya get all crazy and the girls have to rein them back in. Soon will be J-man vs. Pain!!! Can't wait... unless they again do a filler arc... but it'd be kind of hard to do it since everything interweaves from here on, if I remember correctly.

Guh... still not a fan of Karin's voice. Never really had one in mind for Jugo, maybe one similar to Jinzouningen Juuroku Gou's from DBZ.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#3 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

Good episode I guess, though I was more than a little bored through the whole thing and I can't stand that screamy, shrieking, evil song.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#4 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Animation was really meh, but whatever. And talk about the split personalities, I like how Karin's voice drastically changed when she wanted to get Sasuke to follow. Wasn't expecting that.

#5 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jul 9 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Animation was really meh, but whatever. And talk about the split personalities, I like how Karin's voice drastically changed when she wanted to get Sasuke to follow. Wasn't expecting that.

That was a pretty odd moment indeed. I loved Sakura and Tsunade teaming up on Naruto and Jman! biggrin.gif

#6 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:01 PM

Good pace and it followed the manga well. Juugo's crazy laugh, though...kind of bad. Good thing we won't have to hear it after this.

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 9 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guh... still not a fan of Karin's voice. Never really had one in mind for Jugo, maybe one similar to Jinzouningen Juuroku Gou's from DBZ.

His VA is Shūhei Sakaguchi. A little neat fact is that both him and Karin's VA are in the Japanese dub of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (As Leo and Mikaela, respectively).

#7 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:41 PM

Eh, okay, not great. I did like the filler bit where Naruto and Jiraiya are so involved in hanging out they forget all about the meeting. I wish they had had more moments like that in canon. Maybe I'd like Jiraiya more than I do if they had.

One thing I have to say, I love that track that plays when Jugo attacks Sasuke. It was used during the Naruto vs Kakuzu fight, as well. I hope it's on the second Shippuuden OST, 'cause it rocks.

#8 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:27 AM

I didn't really like this episode at all, for a number of reasons.

1) The animation was crap.

2) Juugo's voice bugs the heck out of me. I don't know why, but its just not what I imagined for him at all, and his laugh sounds really forced.

3) Sakura hitting Naruto and generally being violent with him. This pisses me off because this is where anti-NaruSaku fans get the idea that Sakura is an abusive b*tch. I don't mind her hitting him now and then for being an idiot, but the anime over plays this characteristic to no end, and it just drives me out of my mind. She's not that violent with him in part 2! ARG! th_cussing.gif Stupid anime writers msmack.gif

Edited by Paptala, 10 July 2009 - 12:28 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#9 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

Quite boring through out, and as the Paptala said, the animation was quite sucky.

#10 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

Hey, guys if you watch the episode at youranimenow.com there's some new trailer scenes for Shippuden movie 3

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#11 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jul 9 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2) Juugo's voice bugs the heck out of me. I don't know why, but its just not what I imagined for him at all, and his laugh sounds really forced.

3) Sakura hitting Naruto and generally being violent with him. This pisses me off because this is where anti-NaruSaku fans get the idea that Sakura is an abusive b*tch. I don't mind her hitting him now and then for being an idiot, but the anime over plays this characteristic to no end, and it just drives me out of my mind. She's not that violent with him in part 2! ARG! th_cussing.gif Stupid anime writers msmack.gif

I agree with you 100%. The animation is getting worse by the episode and at this rate, i don't think it will get any better. Hopefully things will turn for the better once things start picking up speed, with the 2nd Sasuke retrieval arc and well as the Sasuke vs. Itachi battle.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#12 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

I agree to the fight animations being way below first half of naruto standards but the lack of yuukimaru makes anything good right now.

plus the kakashi raffle fail at the end was a good chuckle

#13 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jul 9 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have o agree that the animation keeps getting worse every episode and Sakura isn't that violent,, I mean, sometimes she hit's him, but it's usually for a good reason, but not as much, by doing what they (writers) did, she gets a bit annoying hm.png (but I have to admitt that when she giggles after what she did was kinda' funny sweatdrop.gif ).
But besides that it was pretty boring.

#14 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

No Shippuuden this week sad.gif it'll be back next week.
Anyone know if it's going to be an hour special or if it just didn't get aired this week for whatever reason?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#15 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

It's a good thing Sasuke's team exist, I don't think I could stand this long period of Sasuke centered episodes with just him. No offense, but he isn't exactly fun to watch, probably the reason behind Hebi/Taka tbh. biggrin.gif

#16 NarutoxNSxSakura

NarutoxNSxSakura

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jul 16 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Shippuuden this week sad.gif it'll be back next week.
Anyone know if it's going to be an hour special or if it just didn't get aired this week for whatever reason?

It comes back next week with just a regular episode I believe. In two weeks, there is going to be an hour episode....Kakashi gaiden I think. I'm not too sure so take it with a grain of salt...

#17 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (NarutoxNSxSakura @ Jul 17 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It comes back next week with just a regular episode I believe. In two weeks, there is going to be an hour episode....Kakashi gaiden I think. I'm not too sure so take it with a grain of salt...

Yeah, Kakahi Gaiden is supposed to be on soon on August the sixth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users