If I'm being perfectly honest this was a thread I wasn't even planning on making, but I decided to check out it on a whim, and just to clarify unlike the previous Rwby manga, or the anthology manga volumes say Red like Roses; This Official Manga is actually an adaptation of the main series itself. You might wanna ask yourself why check out a manga version when you've already got the web series from Rooster Teeth.
There are actually some differences in comparison to what Rooster Teeth has given us in 6 Volumes (picked up Vol. 6 on bluray and gonna be watching it soon).
Differences from the show to manga (thank you Rwby wiki lol):
- The filler episodes such as Badge and The Burdan (Parts 1 and 2), Jaundice (Parts 1 and 2), and Forever Falls (Parts 1 and 2) are completely removed from the manga.
- The background characters were shadow silhouettes in Volume 1 of the show, but in the manga, they are no longer shadow silhouettes and they have their own appearances.
- Most of the characters' personalities have some minor changes in the manga. For an example, Ruby is somber and introspective when she first first arrived in Beacon Academy, Weiss is less selfish and slightly nicer to her friends, but she is still distrustful of Faunus and Penny becomes desperate to find new friends.
- Team RWBYTeam JNPRTeam SSSNCinder's FactionOthers
- Ruby has black hair with no red highlighted tips.
- Weiss does not have her emblem on the back of her jacket.
- Blake's Faunus ears are slightly bigger.
- Blake’s stockings aren’t gradient and lacks her emblem.
- Jaune's gloves are not fingerless.
- Pyrrha lacks her emblem on her small bronze plate.
- Ren's ponytail is slightly short.
- Sun wears boots instead of sneakers.
- Cinder's hair is longer that reaches pass her chest.
- She wears regular high heel shoes instead of her shoes being made of glass.
- Roman wears a white shirt underneath his suit instead of a black one.
- The small feather tucked into its red band of Roman's bowler hat is absent.
- Roman's eyes are light blue instead of green.
- Ozpin doesn't wear his cross pin on his cowl.
- Glynda lacks her emblem on her cape.
- Penny's pupils are square instead of regular ones.
- She never wears her small backpack into battle.
Quick Note: if you're here to see how the fights turned out then this is not for you, the show will do you wonders for that obviously, but the story while it is following the same as the show does, I do feel like the characters are a bit more fleshed out here compared to the show. Ruby is one of my personal favorites, and I will say there's a lot the show could've done to flesh her out (Thank you Volumes 4 and 6 (5 is a stain!!!)), and I feel like this official manga is doing that which I really do like.
At the moment they are currently on Chapter 8 (Viz media I believe), the end of Volume 1, and I think they've done a great job at it. Again the fights aren't necessarily perfect, but I'm just here to see how the storytelling is handled, and so far it's doing good.
Link to chapters (it's got up to Chapter 7) if you wanna read them:
Latest Chapter is here:
Let me know what you guys think of it.
Edited by LuckyChi7, 05 July 2019 - 03:33 PM.