3333 replies to this topic

#1341 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

My biggest question is...where the heck were they when Kaguya came back? Why have they taken so long to make a come back?

If these so many of her own spawn were sympathizers to her....then why didn't they come down and pledge their alliegence to her and help her fight the Shinobi Alliance? Imagine her and a small army of very powerful ninja against basically Naruto...Sasuke...and a canon fodder.

And since this is a whole clan on the moon....how did Madara get away with grabbing her body out of the sealed moon? How do they even survive on the moon? If some were trying to help keep Kaguya sealed, why didn't come come down to help the alliance with sealing her?

It's impossible to find answers to retcons.  :zaru:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1342 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:47 PM

Well everyone it seems like Boruto the movie content will become the next major arc specifically for the Boruto anime isn't that just exciting!!! I'm really hyped for that they have to offer... am I right? am I right?  

boruto.png

Supposedly,  there is going to be some stuff that was in Kishi's original draft that wasn't in the movie  idk like that third ootsutski memeber on the poster.. that's the only thing I can guess.  Still though we got to experience this for a third time like okay granted it was entertaining and found some enjoyable bits out it personally, but this is getting ridiculous. 

.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More Rehashing Of That God Damn Chunin Exams!!! Wait? They are just doing the genin test then immediately going to the chunin exams? Are they that stupid? Or is Boruto on it last leg?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 December 2017 - 10:48 PM.

#1343 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:53 PM

I'm still trying to make sense of Kaguya, much less her new demon spawn. 

They are not her children. Her decedents are the Uzumaki, Uchiha, Senju, and the Hyuga.

They are the same inter-dimensional race as her. Who are so strong that she had to flee to the ninja world to escape them

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 December 2017 - 10:54 PM.

#1344 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:13 PM

Calling them her "demon spawn" doesn't mean direct children. It just means they're related, and also evil.

And as far as I'm concerned anything relating to the Otsusuki is demon spawn.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#1345 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:23 PM

They're not jumping into the Boruto movie immediately after the Genin Exams from what I've looked up, but here it is: 

• December 06, 2017
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 36 – The Graduation Exam Begins!
    At last, the graduation exams have begun. After the first exam has finished, Boruto and his friends take part in a practical abilities exam. This exam involves a bell taking test, with the Sixth Hokage, Kakashi Hatake, and the Academy’s other teachers as opponents.
  • December 13, 2017
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 37 – A Shinobi’s Resolve
    Boruto was the first to challenge the graduation exam’s proctor Kakashi, after being the first to arrive at his location, however, he is easily held down. Furthermore, Kakashi criticized not only Boruto himself, but also all his classmates, leading Boruto to become extremely frustrated. Boruto’s classmates arrive, and manage to free Boruto through a combined effort, allowing him to escape from Kakashi. Boruto is uncharacteristically depressed, so his classmates do their best to restore his spirits. Finding himself again, Boruto proposes a strategy to everyone.
  • December 20, 2017
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 38 – Formation, Three Man Cells…?
    Boruto and his friends are successful in becoming apprentice ninja, ‘Genin’, their first step. Firstly, they must form their basic teams to carry out missions in, a three man cell. Boruto expected to group up with his close friend Shikadai; however, Shikadai is forming a cell with Inojin and Chocho, following in their parents’ footsteps of the ‘Inoshikacho’ trio. Boruto then becomes grouped with Sarada and Mitsuki…
  • December 27, 2017
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 39 – The Path Illuminated by the Full Moon
    Mitsuki was originally from another village, the Village of the Hidden Sound. But since meeting with Boruto and the others, Mitsuki has decided that he will now remain at the Village of the Hidden Leaf and become a ninja. In the past, Mitsuki has had his memory taken away from him, and had lost his identity, along with what he wants to achieve in life, only to awaken in an unfamiliar laboratory. The mystery that surrounds Mitsuki, and the plethora of thoughts that surround him, has now cleared up for him.
  • January 03, 2018
    NO EPISODE

So I'm guessing sometime next year is they're gonna tackle the movie stuff again either I'm guessing middle of January or February-April at the latest.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#1346 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More Rehashing Of That God Damn Chunin Exams!!! Wait? They are just doing the genin test then immediately going to the chunin exams? Are they that stupid? Or is Boruto on it last leg?

Isn't that suppose to be good ?? The more they did that the more they driven away what's left of their fanbase.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#1347 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:35 PM

Isn't that suppose to be good ?? The more they did that the more they driven away what's left of their fanbase.

I don't even watch it lol I watch Pokemon Sun & Moon and Dragon Ball Super and One Punch Man.

Edited by TheFirstEvil100, 08 December 2017 - 11:36 PM.

#1348 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:07 AM

The only reason I'd ever watch "Burrito and Friends" is for Sarada, ChouChou, and Mitsuki. Literally the only people I care about. Naruto is now Boruto's Dad, Sasuke is barely there anymore, Sakura is a mediocre character now, Shino's cool character is eviscerated, Neji is still dead, and Lee is somewhere.

No reason for me to even keep up but those 3 characters.

#1349 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:24 AM

Indeed, because I doubt that even the NH/SS zombies  want to watch a lower-budget rehash of a plot that they've already seen.

And I personally think that this ploy to re-introduce the Boruto Movie's plot into the anime is going to be murder the show's ratings, especially when you consider the competition it's up against next year: Fairy Tail S8, Boku no Hero Academia S3, Attack on Titan S3, Hoshin Engi,  A Certain Magical Index S3,  Black Clover S2, Nanatsu no Taizai S2 (plus its movie), SAO S3 and its spin-off: SAO Gun Gale Alternative,  Overlord S2,  Fate/Extra: Encore and F/SN Heaven's Feel movies, just to name off the top of my head.  

Edited by Kagomaru, 09 December 2017 - 12:25 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1350 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:32 AM

The only reason I'd ever watch "Burrito and Friends" is for Sarada, ChouChou, and Mitsuki. Literally the only people I care about. Naruto is now Boruto's Dad, Sasuke is barely there anymore, Sakura is a mediocre character now, Shino's cool character is eviscerated, Neji is still dead, and Lee is somewhere.

No reason for me to even keep up but those 3 characters.

Kishimoto's step by step guide to destroying a character:

Step one: Create Character.
Step two: introduce character.
Step three: let character have period of awesomeness.
Final step: feature character after chapter 700.

:zaru: So simple and it never fails. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#1351 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:06 AM

You what gets me if Kishi wanted to add aliens, then he should have done so way back in part one with Team 7 meeting one who been around longer than Kaguya, but is a lot like the Doctor either the 10th 11th or 12th doctor.

#1352 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:36 AM

True that true that. :smile: That WOULD BE foreshadowing at least, but nope foreshadowing is far too high a level of writing technique for Kishi!!! :zaru:  :lmao:

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 December 2017 - 01:50 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1353 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:39 AM

They're not jumping into the Boruto movie immediately after the Genin Exams from what I've looked up, but here it is: 

• December 06, 2017
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 36 – The Graduation Exam Begins!
    At last, the graduation exams have begun. After the first exam has finished, Boruto and his friends take part in a practical abilities exam. This exam involves a bell taking test, with the Sixth Hokage, Kakashi Hatake, and the Academy’s other teachers as opponents.
  • December 13, 2017
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 37 – A Shinobi’s Resolve
    Boruto was the first to challenge the graduation exam’s proctor Kakashi, after being the first to arrive at his location, however, he is easily held down. Furthermore, Kakashi criticized not only Boruto himself, but also all his classmates, leading Boruto to become extremely frustrated. Boruto’s classmates arrive, and manage to free Boruto through a combined effort, allowing him to escape from Kakashi. Boruto is uncharacteristically depressed, so his classmates do their best to restore his spirits. Finding himself again, Boruto proposes a strategy to everyone.
  • December 20, 2017
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 38 – Formation, Three Man Cells…?
    Boruto and his friends are successful in becoming apprentice ninja, ‘Genin’, their first step. Firstly, they must form their basic teams to carry out missions in, a three man cell. Boruto expected to group up with his close friend Shikadai; however, Shikadai is forming a cell with Inojin and Chocho, following in their parents’ footsteps of the ‘Inoshikacho’ trio. Boruto then becomes grouped with Sarada and Mitsuki…
  • December 27, 2017
    Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 39 – The Path Illuminated by the Full Moon
    Mitsuki was originally from another village, the Village of the Hidden Sound. But since meeting with Boruto and the others, Mitsuki has decided that he will now remain at the Village of the Hidden Leaf and become a ninja. In the past, Mitsuki has had his memory taken away from him, and had lost his identity, along with what he wants to achieve in life, only to awaken in an unfamiliar laboratory. The mystery that surrounds Mitsuki, and the plethora of thoughts that surround him, has now cleared up for him.
  • January 03, 2018
    NO EPISODE

So I'm guessing sometime next year is they're gonna tackle the movie stuff again either I'm guessing middle of January or February-April at the latest.

There won't be an episode on my birthday thank God.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#1354 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:39 AM

As I said, this is desperation at its finest.  They are adapting the movie for material because they are clawing at the walls for ideas and a means to stall.  Hell, for all we know, they're probably attempt to retcon away the examples of Hinata's complacency and incompetence as a parent.

I also think it because they just don't have the same creative minds working on Boruto that they had with Naruto. I think the best of the company have been moved over to work on Black Clover due to needing that show to succeeded. Leaving only a director that is just suppose to see how long he can hold the series together, a few people that were transferred over to Black Clover, and Hinata fanatics.

Look at the arcs in Boruto so far:

The academy arc; an introductory arc that was part slice of life part super natural mystery investigation that had a clone of Hinata plan to summon a clone of Kurama to attack the village that can only be stop by Bolt's super special on of a kind eye power.

The gaiden; was to rewrite it in order to appease the Domestic SS fans by shifting the focus from Salad to defending SS.

The field trip arc; trying to get people to watch it by using their nostogal for the wave arc, and the seven swordmen in genral

The genin arc; their numbers are poor so even more nostalgia and they are desperate enough to bring up NS to support BS.

What they will do with the chunin exam is repeat what they did with the gaiden.

I, for one, cannot wait to see what kind of retconned scenes are gonna put instead of the ones that make Naruto looks like a terrible father (I.E: "Himawari's Birthday) . 

It's gonna be soo baad, at least it will serve for a good laugh.

Even I can't imagine how much they are going to twist what happened in the movie so nH doesn't have any negative traits yet somehow. Bolt is still somehow justified in his anger with his dad.

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird people try to push Hinata as uber-powerful when Boruto is already at her level before leaving the academy?

*Some BS that since he is Hinata's child he must have inherited her sage power in the womb*

My question is how is Burrito even at the level he is? Naruto was a loud mouthed dummy, Hinata is timid and not at all battle orientated imo. It doesn't seem like Naruto took the time to teach Burruto anything, and I have a hard time believing Hinata did any of that stuff with him. So where did he suddenly get these BS innate skills from?

You would THINK they would want to continue the "Hard work beats Genius." theme. 

To be honest even with how little he has done in the manga. His power level does come off as reasonable in it (ignoring the fight with the effeminate one.) The problem is the anime, its staff, and their refusal to make Boruto come off as weak. Kishimoto made Boruto smarter and more naturally gifted than Naruto to try and make him slightly different. The anime on the other hand since he is the son of Hinata as well as the pairing they work so hard to make happened. They don't want him to be seen as weak and they want everyone to think he is awesome.

That's just my natural reaction to hearing their rehashing the chunin exams again after that ten month waste of time. Other then that, the thing is Boruto's chunin exam is honestly not that interesting, nor is him learning from Sasuke.

Indeed, because I doubt that even the NH/SS zombies  want to watch a lower-budget rehash of a plot that they've already seen.

And I personally think that this ploy to re-introduce the Boruto Movie's plot into the anime is going to be murder the show's ratings, especially when you consider the competition it's up against next year: Fairy Tail S8, Boku no Hero Academia S3, Attack on Titan S3, Hoshin Engi,  A Certain Magical Index S3,  Black Clover S2, Nanatsu no Taizai S2 (plus its movie), SAO S3 and its spin-off: SAO Gun Gale Alternative,  Overlord S2,  Fate/Extra: Encore and F/SN Heaven's Feel movies, just to name off the top of my head.  .

I actually wonder if many them even saw the Boruto movie or even read the manga? Other then the game this may be first time some of the american fans have seen Bolt chunin exams.

You what gets me if Kishi wanted to add aliens, then he should have done so way back in part one with Team 7 meeting one who been around longer than Kaguya, but is a lot like the Doctor either the 10th 11th or 12th doctor.

He was getting bored of Ninjas by the end and wanted to move on to Sci-fi. From what I recall it was just implied that kaguya was originally just possibly a woman from another land, and most of her power came from eating the Chakra Tree's fruit. Eventually their were some implications that it was change that she from another world by the end. Then one of her decedent clan's live on the moon. Then by Boruto she just became part of an other-dimensional race.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 December 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#1355 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:41 AM

Anyway, Bail o' lies, my MAN!!!!!!! Now that we have gotten rid of a uh........ "pest problem" will you go back to your harsh but true and funny reviews of the episodes?  :lmao:   :excited:

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 December 2017 - 02:41 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1356 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

Anyway, Bail o' lies, my MAN!!!!!!! Now that we have gotten rid of a uh........ "pest problem" will you go back to your harsh but true and funny reviews of the episodes?  :lmao:   :excited:

Oh god. So many episode I would have to catch up with...Didn't 4life say he was going to do something about that field trip arc?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 December 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#1357 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:03 AM

An an even better question is; HOW ARE THEY EVEN RELEVANT to the plot. Are they relevant to the plot? I don't think so, I don't recall them ever doing anything. I don't remember Hamura bring of anything of importance other than to make the Hyuga connected to Hagaromo therefore destroying all uniqueness of all three eye power bloodlines by saying they are all #$%&ing branch offs of each other. Heck Hamura was never even mentioned by ANYONE EXCEPT Hagaromo so even with that information thrown in, none of that crap makes any sense. Actually that really is where Naruto started going down hill. Nothing was unique anymore, and anything that made something in the story special ( be it a technique, bloodline or bloodline inherent ability) was blasted down by idiotic plot contrivances that was Kishi's FAILED attempt at a deep and intricate story and instead made the whole series look like an unproductive, nonsensical, not thought out watered down kitten

They are basically just a villain just for the sake of having a villain.  It's basically is just "Well, what kind of threat would be big enough to cause problems and not just have Naruto or Sasuke one shot them. I know, have Kaguya's genetic offspring be an evil clan that are almost as powerful as she is, but have them be weak enough to be dealt with by a small boy."

They made Boruto a prodigy because he needed to be powerful enough to fight off the Kaguya clones all the while making Sasuke and Naruto weak enough so they just don't one shot them and Boruto can be relevant. It is backwords ass logic. It doesn't make sense.

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird people try to push Hinata as uber-powerful when Boruto is already at her level before leaving the academy?

Bloodlines, prophecy, reincarnation.

That's all you need to know.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1358 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:05 AM

'Nuff said on the Boruto prodigy stuff, James.

#1359 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:16 AM

They are basically just a villain just for the sake of having a villain.  It's basically is just "Well, what kind of threat would be big enough to cause problems and not just have Naruto or Sasuke one shot them. I know, have Kaguya's genetic offspring be an evil clan that are almost as powerful as she is, but have them be weak enough to be dealt with by a small boy."
They made Boruto a prodigy because he needed to be powerful enough to fight off the Kaguya clones all the while making Sasuke and Naruto weak enough so they just don't one shot them and Boruto can be relevant. It is backwords ass logic. It doesn't make sense.

So the usual bs then makes sense.

#1360 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:01 AM

So the usual bs then makes sense.

Lee's worst nightmare.