50725 replies to this topic

#50721 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:07 AM

After chapter 700 the end there was a special volume called Gaiden where the plot of it and I'm not kidding, was "Who's the mommy".

For 10 chapters readers were led to believe that Salad was indeed Karin's daughter, there was even a DNA test to tell the reader that, only to reveal at the very end that it's actually Sakura who's the mother but still she isn't really. It was so poorly done.

They did a test on Salad and the umbilical cord that was with Karin the whole time, the test showed it's a match. And then at the end they said that Sakura gave Karin that cord because some reason that I can't recall. It's just stupid.

It even got to the point Naruto believed that Salad wasn't Sakura's kid and even gave a speech to her about how "bonds were more important then blood."

Honestly, like I said before the gaiden really comes off as Salad deciding her blood parents don't matter because she decided Naruto and Sakura were her parents due to being her role models. She immediately decided that she wanted to be the next hokage, and by the time of the chunin exam she proudly stated she wanted to be the exact opposite of Sasuke.

That's legitimately funny. Sounds like someone watched too much Maury and made a manga volume out of it. How the hell did they get ten chapters out of that? Because I'm pretty sure the plot could be ended within ten pages by sitting both women down and asking which one of them had a kid. Or, hell, just one of them, even. Who needs both? We're not talking about men here. I'm pretty sure they'd remember giving birth to a kid.

Also. Also. Is hanging on to umbilical cords a thing and I just don't know about it?

It was originally suppose to be a one shot but Kishimoto heard the claim that he was some sort of sexist. So to try and prove he was not; he extended it to ten chapters.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, Yesterday, 07:13 AM.

#50722 dl316bh

dl316bh

I AM THE HEADMASTER

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:24 AM

It was originally suppose to be a one shot but Kishimoto heard the claim that he was some sort of sexist. So to try and prove he was not; he extended it to ten chapters.

A ten chapter side story about how no one knows who gave birth to a kid without a DNA test seems like an odd way to try and disprove that, gotta say.

#50723 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 AM

So. Uhh. I didn't bring this up before, but... Salad. They really named a character that? Seriously?

From what I heard, when coming up names, Kishimoto claimed he was hungry.

Boruto here has also been called Buritto to make them match.

I missed a lot of things dude. But those are pretty stupid reasons. Was that implied, though? That Sarada was supposed to be Sasuke and Karins kid originally? Or is that just speculation based on her appearance?

That's the first thing that comes to mind for me. A kid holding the parents together does not imply a healthy marriage, as if everything else didn't already do that. Which makes it doubly sad. He seems to hang around because of the kid, but isn't even a good father.

I said it before, but dude turned out to be someone I thought he wasn't.

There is a theory some believe that Boruto was originally supposed to be a NaruSaku child and Sarada a SasuKar child, and for some reason Kishimoto changed their parentage at the last second.

With Boruto, his hair was shaped like a flower, and his jacket has PINK highlights. 

With Sarada, well I guess the Gaiden pretty much speaks for itself.

Some clarification on the Gaiden, Suigestsu THOUGHT the umbilical cord was Karin's, and when comparing it to Sarada's saliva, got a match. However, as Karin explained, the umbilical cord was Sarada's to begin with, Both she and Sakura traveled together looking for Sasuke when Sakura was pregnant with their child, and at some point Sakura went into labor during this search. Karin delivered the baby, and Sakura let her keep the cord (again, despite it being the custom the mother keeps the cord). Karin also gives Sakura some glasses for Sarada...how she knew Sarada would need corrective lenses growing up...same answer as that Tootsie Pop question.

Either way, I don't really need to "prove" Karin is Sarada's mother. At the end of the day, Sakura and Sasuke's relationship is kitten, Sasuke's a kitten husband and father, and the fact that this was a plot considered for a shonen obvioius is pure dog kitten (heh, that's actualy kinda funny). So it's still a no-go for SasuKar shippers in the end.

So...they're TIMING their dates? What the hell can you do with two and a half minutes? It wouldn't surprise me if Sasuke is not only fast in the battlefield.

#50724 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:26 PM

From what I heard, when coming up names, Kishimoto claimed he was hungry.

Boruto here has also been called Buritto to make them match.

There is a theory some believe that Boruto was originally supposed to be a NaruSaku child and Sarada a SasuKar child, and for some reason Kishimoto changed their parentage at the last second.

With Boruto, his hair was shaped like a flower, and his jacket has PINK highlights. 

With Sarada, well I guess the Gaiden pretty much speaks for itself.

Some clarification on the Gaiden, Suigestsu THOUGHT the umbilical cord was Karin's, and when comparing it to Sarada's saliva, got a match. However, as Karin explained, the umbilical cord was Sarada's to begin with, Both she and Sakura traveled together looking for Sasuke when Sakura was pregnant with their child, and at some point Sakura went into labor during this search. Karin delivered the baby, and Sakura let her keep the cord (again, despite it being the custom the mother keeps the cord). Karin also gives Sakura some glasses for Sarada...how she knew Sarada would need corrective lenses growing up...same answer as that Tootsie Pop question.

Either way, I don't really need to "prove" Karin is Sarada's mother. At the end of the day, Sakura and Sasuke's relationship is kitten, Sasuke's a kitten husband and father, and the fact that this was a plot considered for a shonen obvioius is pure dog kitten (heh, that's actualy kinda funny). So it's still a no-go for SasuKar shippers in the end.

So...they're TIMING their dates? What the hell can you do with two and a half minutes? It wouldn't surprise me if Sasuke is not only fast in the battlefield.

That story is still so...fake.

It really does sound like a story made-up to cover up the fact that Karin is really Salad's mother and all of this happened with not one person knowing this was occurring. Not one. Not Ino. Not even Naruto. No one saw Sakura leave. Noone even questioned it.

Naruto was so perplexed and was angry at Suigetsu for revealing the truth.

So we are to be believed that Sasuke and Sakura are married and have a kid when...
1. Sasuke has never been in the village long enough and has been away for over 15 years.
2. Sakura has no ring or marriage proof such as photographs anywhere. NH at least had these.
3. Salad wearing Karin's glasses and needing them is a total coincidence. She is an Uchiha.
4. Karin and Sakura are supposedly "best friends."
5. Karin had to give Sakura a picture of Sasuke for her to have a picture at all.
6. When asked by Salad to Sakura whether she had relations at all with Sasuke....she is dumbfounded and blank. She has no memories of being with Sasuke other than a forehead poke and constantly gets angry or upset when prodded for information.
7. Sasuke cannot kiss or even hug his wife and you want me to believe they had sex? Sakura asks Sasuke for a kiss and he turns his back.

Like, even for a simple shounen, this is really bad. They could have just made it simple...Occam's razor...but no, SS is way too complicated to be a thing. They want me to believe that they are married, but have no proof of their marriage.

The story of Salad's birth is even more complicated. She has no birth certificate and the only concept of what happened is from two women who lie non-stop about how good everything is. They want me to believe that Sakura, while pregnant, went to go see Karin who was hiding in one of Orochimaru's lairs, asked Karin to help her find Sasuke to which they failed, went missing for 9 months with not one person knowing not even Naruto who can sense people, gave birth on the road with a women who has no medical knowledge what so ever, and then came back into the village with a baby in hand. Again, no one knows anything, and Sakura did not even file a birth certificate.

So what is easier to believe? This story or perhaps that Karin was pregnant with Salad, went to Sakura who she knew was a medical ninja, asked Sakura for help finding Sasuke and didn't. Gave birth out in the open and knew that Orochimaru may want to experiment with the kid. (We know he is still doing child experiments.) Gave it to Sakura with her glasses so Salad would have at least have something to remember her by and Sakura gave Karin the umbilical cord.

I go with the later that the former.

He attac
He attac
But most important of all He never comin back

Edited by James S Cassidy, Yesterday, 06:30 PM.

I hate being Bi-Polar. It's awesome.
Posted Image
Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50725 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:35 PM

It even got to the point Naruto believed that Salad wasn't Sakura's kid and even gave a speech to her about how "bonds were more important then blood."

Yeah I forgot about that part. Like James said, it really sounds like it's a cover up in lore.

Honestly I've always viewed Gaiden as Kishi's poor attempt not to convince the fans of SS and to tell the readers that Salad is Sakura's daughter, but to tell us that this wasn't suppose to happen and just so you know this character that looks Karin and acts like Karin is what he wanted to do because she is Karin's daughter or more accurately was created as such, but in the end he couldn't do that.

Like the chapter called The Real Ending, I view this one as a hint from him.    

Posted Image

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#50726 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:26 PM

Well look on TV tropes again. turns out they claim Salad got her hair style from Sakura's mother Mebuki.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 1 anonymous users