Close
Photo

The NEW NaruSaku Debate Thread

• Please log in to reply
54173 replies to this topic

#50721 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:40 PM

About Dead or Alive:

You do realize many people treat the series nowatdays like a harem/ecchi simulator instead what was originally was, a fighting game series that took elements of Sega's Virtua Fighter series and evolved as its own to rival other 3D fighters like Tekken, with multi-tiered stages, gorgeous graphics (and of course the breast jiggles, which can be turned off) .

But ever since the emergence of Marie Rose and Honoka in Dead or Alive 5 and updates, the 2 girls based on loli-type characters, their popularity skyrocketed to epic proportions by otaku fans, outranking Kasumi AND Ayane. What's even worse about that is that Team Ninja when developing Xtreme 3, they ignored the rest of the female characters like Tina and Lei-Fang (at the time, but now she got in through updates) by using the popularity polls as the main tool of who's in or not. And that's not all, Team Ninja added brand new females in the game that are so generic, those otakus tried to bring them over the fighting scene in 6. But the big factors is that they are treating the characters for perverted fantasies (strip pole scenes and simulators that can lead to almost near lewd situations). 

As much as I am fan of DOA series, but not with the Xtreme spin-offs because I really don't get what was on the mind of the creator at the time, Tomonobu Itagaki, (he left Tecmo after Xtreme 2 came out) when creating the volleyball game but then later turning it into an almost hentai simulator.  Not to mention DOA 6 isn't doing well with uninspired gameplay and bugs galore, both on characters and stages.

It can be tough a lot of times when there's so many people out there and all it seems to be is about something else than it needs to be.

#50722 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:35 PM

It can be tough a lot of times when there's so many people out there and all it seems to be is about something else than it needs to be.

Exactly.

Also I forgot to mention this: don't get me started on the new character, NiCO. One of the worse designs in the franchise's history and she's a loli too.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#50723 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:54 PM

Exactly.

Also I forgot to mention this: don't get me started on the new character, NiCO. One of the worse designs in the franchise's history and she's a loli too.

Looking young/petite =/= loli. She's like 18 or 19 in the game.

#50724 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:19 PM

Exactly.

As said by Jak, she's about 18 or so. I will admit, I find her design boring, but NiCO seems to have a cool story, only working with MIST to help use their technology to revive her father after he died, and her trying to revive Helena's mom with the tech, only for Helena to slap her and berate her by mentioning how people get stronger from loss, which NiCO can't handle so she runs. Tells you that she is gonna be interesting when she's developed more.

#50725 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:40 PM

As said by Jak, she's about 18 or so. I will admit, I find her design boring, but NiCO seems to have a cool story, only working with MIST to help use their technology to revive her father after he died, and her trying to revive Helena's mom with the tech, only for Helena to slap her and berate her by mentioning how people get stronger from loss, which NiCO can't handle so she runs. Tells you that she is gonna be interesting when she's developed more.

While I do agree with the backstory, her lightning gimmick is over the top. Whoever created her in Team Ninja, I don't know what the hell that person was smoking on to give her some lightning abilities as part of her gameplay, when she is clearly a scientist just like Lisa/La Mariposa (and becoming a sort of a foil).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#50726 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:12 PM

Its less to do with the game itself but that fact that it was...lets say 4-7 years ago that's important; Japan has been aware of this game censorship against sexiness before the term SJW even existed it, I think it was before even gamergate was a thing.

#50727 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:22 AM

Would you say EdWinry in FMA is the best written couple in anime?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#50728 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:42 AM

Yes they are in both manga and in brotherhood.
Winry is actually part of the story and has a role especially in the second half up in the mountains with Oliva.

#50729 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:25 AM

One of the best, but my only beef with them is that they didn't have enough screentime together.

#50730 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:51 AM

True, but they were clear, concise, and lacked love triangle BS just to draw in readers and for drama :yes:

@ Kentucky - WHY did you THINK I had the EdWin family photo as my avatar previously? :hehehe:

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 August 2019 - 06:54 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#50731 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:24 AM

True, but they were clear, concise, and lacked love triangle BS just to draw in readers and for drama :yes:
@ Kentucky - WHY did you THINK I had the EdWin family photo as my avatar previously? :hehehe:

I know. I wish I can make videos so I can vlog the series. It's that good. It's proably the magnum opus of anime but that's my opinion and if any of you disagree, I respect your opinion.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#50732 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

Eh, I'm a fan of love triangles especially when its a legit love triangle. Most of the time when you see a "love triangle" it's usually one-sided where another guy or girl tries to steal one of the main 2 away and fails.

Edited by jak123, 23 August 2019 - 12:24 PM.

#50733 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:41 PM

Actually no imo.

one of sure. they have development but as others said theyre missing a lot of screen time and some of the more intimate moments that a couple really needs to show progress in the relationship. When it happens its a fine moment but its also one that sort of yeah saw it coming *shrug* youre happy but it doesn't make you giddy

One of the better couples ive seen recently to me is Stella and Ikki from Chivalry of a Failed Knight. 

they establish the couple early, provide a dynamic that's equal between them and balanced, show consistent steps forward, they show actual moments with each other, each has a goal that is not mutually exclusive to the other. and they throw in small stumbling blocks here and there to give the relationship depth and weight. And when the relationship finally comes to fruition its a big BOOM of a moment while your adrenalines still pumping

Edited by catsi563, 24 August 2019 - 08:22 AM.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#50734 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:01 PM

Srella? :hehehe:

Eh, I'm a fan of love triangles especially when its a legit love triangle. Most of the time when you see a "love triangle" it's usually one-sided where another guy or girl tries to steal one of the main 2 away and fails.

The trouble is, you have a HARD TIME finding those, wouldn't you agree? :mellow: I made a rant a few years ago about how the problem with love triangle s is not the idea itself but many of which I see are executed poorly because the way it usually goes is that there is no love triangle, just as you are saying, there are only the the set in stone couple and one or more "romantic false leads" that don't matter or have the tension already dulled because the writing is not giving them preference or priority at any given point in the story. A love triangle properly done would have to have equility and mutually feelings on all fronts wouldn't you think? 

P.S. My rant was based off of a literary analysis post of love triangles I found quite a long time ago. And I regret to say I can't source or find it anymore but that is what inspired my view point on love triangles. I think I remember the the name that that individual is using but again I can't find it so I could be wrong. Lmyael. Or something along those lines :headscratch:

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 August 2019 - 06:58 PM.

#50735 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:51 PM

After Naruto and Korra I'm put off Love Triangles

#50736 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 12:55 AM

After Naruto and Korra I'm put off Love Triangles

Welcome to the club.

#50737 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:24 AM

cant say Naruto was ever a love triangle since a triangle requires three sides in relatively equal pursuit.

naruto was more like a catastrophic chain of bad breakups waiting to happen

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#50738 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:29 PM

I agree, but technically speaking a love triangle where "person a" is pining after "person b" who in turn is after "person c" still counts and there are many so called love triangles that do that. The main problem with Naruto is that the context for those love triangles was not functional at the halfway point and beyond. Sasuke is a rogue ninja that by all accounts and laws should have been killed on sight  and WOULD have been if not for Tsunade's soft spot for Naruto, and by the time Part II of the manga/Shippuden reintroduced him, he regarded Naruto and Sakura with cold indifference. Naruto is the rare shonen hero that understands what romance is and even shows romamtic interest in a girl, but is not looking twice at a girl that is interested in him (Hinata) to the point you wonder what love triangles are you seeing?

Sakura only was crushing on Sasuke because of his looks and aloof attitude, but for her to be heart broken and crying over him makes NO SENSE because she is not in a relationship with him nor does she spend time with him on a regular basis to to warrant such feelings. To my experience the whole "woman wants a bad boy-type of man" and still longs for him even after he broke her heart many times has only ever occurred if the woman is already in a committed relationship with the man which is not the case here, so you wonder what causes such feelings and reactions from Sakura when she's not Sasuke's girlfriend in the first place. Not to mention and I can never say this enough, Sasuke was straight up annoyed by Sakura's fan girl tendencies so I don't see how that could change after spending a few years apart and with him relentlessly pursuing revenge that entire time. He even told Naruto and Kakashi straight up he doesn't get why Sakura loves him in the first place since all she is doing is chase after some fairy tale.

Hinata has not had featured enough in the series and her interactions with Naruto has not had enough emotional impact (and yes, I am taking the fillers into account too) for there to be a relationship between them. Even "The Last" admits it because why else would Naruto's marriage to Hinata be last second plus needed to retcon the very beginning of the manga/anime, and why would that movie be needed if the development was always there? The real kicker is that Hinata straight up confessed to Naruto's face that she loves him During Pain's invasion but Naruto seems to avoid or ignore the subject all together. supporters of the couple can claim Naruto did not know what she meant at the time, but then WHY does Naruto ask Kushina how she fell in love with Minato then if he does not know what romantic love is, AFTER Hinata confessed to him? supporters can ALSO claim Naruto was focusing on other more important issues than romance at the time but Naruto seems to have enough of romance in his brain to act jealous towards Sakura and tell ET Minato that Sakura is his girlfriend DURING the war. So its official. Naruto was not interested in Hinata.

Ultimately, the writing caused these love triangles to be straight up absurd and unbelievable, and practically dictated itself that Sasuke and Hinata are no goes as far as being love interests are concerned. That is why no one except for the most hardcore of fanatics could understand much less get behind NaruHina and SasuSaku becoming official

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 August 2019 - 11:36 PM.

#50739 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:58 PM

I agree, but technically speaking a love triangle where "person a" is pining after "person b" who in turn is after "person c" still counts and there are many so called love triangles that do that. the main problem with Naruto is that the context for those love triangles was not functional at the halfway point and beyond. Sasuke is a rogue ninja that by all accounts and laws should have been killed on sight  and WOULD have been if not for Tsunade's soft spot for Naruto, and by the time Part II of the manga/Shippuden reintroduced him, he regarded Naruto and Sakura with cold indifference. Naruto is the rare shonen hero that understands what romance is and even shows romamtic interest in a girl, but is not looking twice at a girl that is interested in him (Hinata) to the point you wonder what love triangles are you seeing?

Sakura only was crushing on Sasuke because of his looks and aloof attitude, but for her to be heart broken and crying over him makes NO SENSE because she is not in a relationship with him nor does she spend time with him on a regular basis to to warrant such feelings. To my experience the whole "woman wants a bad boy-type of man and" and still longs for him even after he broke her heart many times has only ever occurred if the woman is already in a committed relationship with the man which is not the case here, so you wonder what causes such feelings and reactions from Sakura when she's not Sasuke's girlfriend in the first place. Not to mention and I can never say this enough, Sasuke was straight up annoyed by Sakura's fan girl tendencies so I don't see how that could change after spending a few years apart and with him relentlessly pursuing revenge that entire time. He even told Naruto and Kakashi straight up he doesn't get why Sakura loves him in the first place since all she is doing is chase after some fairy tale.

Hinata has not had featured enough in the series and her interactions with Naruto has not had enough emotional impact (and yes, I am taking the fillers into account) for there to be a relationship between them. Even "The Last" admits it because why else would Naruto's marriage to Hinata be last second plus needed to retcon the very beginning of the manga/anime, and why would that movie be needed if the development was always there? The real kicker is that Hinata straight up confessed to Naruto's face that she loves him During Pain's invasion but Naruto seems to avoid or ignore the subject all together. supporters of the couplce can claim Naruto did not know what she meant at the time, but then WHY does Naruto ask Kushina how she fell in love with Minato then if he does not know what romantic love is? supporters can ALSO claim Naruto was focusing on other more important issues than romance at the time but Naruto seems to have enough of romance in his brain to act jealous towards Sakura and tell ET Minato that Sakura is his girlfriend. So its official. Naruto was not interested in Hinata.

Ultimately, the writing caused these love triangles to be straight up absurd and unbelievable, and practically dictated itself that Sasuke and Hinata are no goes as far as being love interests are concerned. That is why no one except for the most hardcore of fanatics could understand much less get behind NaruHina and SasuSaku becoming official

Love triangle are never needed and bring nothing to the story.

#50740 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

And dont forget Karin is in the mix in all of that as well. 

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users