#21 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Apr 19 2013, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually felt a LITTLE bad for Jaime. I truly wanted to give him a helping hand. I like the tall blonde's character. Can't wait till the next episode. I wonder if Danaeris plans on setting up the guy with the army. She seems as though she's gonna reclaim her dragon after she gets this army.

If she do that she's probably going to have the whole free cities against her, which is probably what i think it's gonna happen.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#22 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Last night's episode was so good. Daenerys was amazing. At the end of every episode...I can't believe it's over! hahaha

#23 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 22 2013, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last night's episode was so good. Daenerys was amazing. At the end of every episode...I can't believe it's over! hahaha

Yeah look like she went that route i have nay doubts that all the free cities will turn against her.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#24 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

cool.gif

Lady Olenna was again awesome. I love her character so much. I like how she poked fun at the other houses' sigils for being all dramatic.

(Seriously how have the Greyjoys survived for so long? 'We do not sow' has got to be the worst credo ever imo.)

I was afraid that they were going to change what happened to Theon, but they actually elaborated on something that was only mentioned in passing! Hooray! Ramsay is every bit as creepy as I imagined. His eyes are perfect. I am dreading future torture scenes, but bravo to whoever wrote the script/cast that actor.

Dany marches towards Mereen! I can't wait until her dragons are bigger and Dorne starts to be relevent! (I really didn't think I'd like Dany in the beginning. I know a lot of people like her and Drogo, but I just couldn't get over the fact that she was SOLD TO HIM FOR AN ARMY. It bothers me. I'm glad that she's become strong in her own right now.)
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#25 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Apr 22 2013, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cool.gif

Lady Olenna was again awesome. I love her character so much. I like how she poked fun at the other houses' sigils for being all dramatic.

(Seriously how have the Greyjoys survived for so long? 'We do not sow' has got to be the worst credo ever imo.)

^^^^^^^^
The Greyjoys don't seem to be liked by anyone, they sit on an (apparently) valuable piece of land, and they're prideful jerks. How have they not been taken out by now?

As for Dany and Drogo, I can understand the bad taste that her being married off as a bargaining chip can leave, but considering that marriage generally worked that way in the time period of the show (dowries were common, and expected) and the fact that Drogo never actually gave her brother an army--and that he eventually came to love her and treat her with respect--I don't find their relationship to be that bad *shrug*

#26 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Even though they came to love each other in the end, it still bothers me that she was forced into the marriage. Drogo could have been SO much worse to her and she admits that, but he still did not ask her if she wanted to be married (which I realize is a huge stretch in the world of ASoIaF) and thought of her body as something that he had a right to... in the beginning at least. He came to love her and I think he did respect her in his own way, but I do not think he would approve of what she did after his death. (This is of course my opinion.)

Even though Drogo was a cool character, I'm not too sad that he's gone so that Dany can stand on her own and do what she thinks is right.

#27 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Apr 22 2013, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though they came to love each other in the end, it still bothers me that she was forced into the marriage. Drogo could have been SO much worse to her and she admits that, but he still did not ask her if she wanted to be married (which I realize is a huge stretch in the world of ASoIaF) and thought of her body as something that he had a right to... in the beginning at least. He came to love her and I think he did respect her in his own way, but I do not think he would approve of what she did after his death. (This is of course my opinion.)

Even though Drogo was a cool character, I'm not too sad that he's gone so that Dany can stand on her own and do what she thinks is right.

*shrug* I agree, I just try to think more on how their marriage worked in terms of the show. By our own societal standards, it was an awful arranged marriage that offered the bride no way to disagree, which just happened to turn out "well".

#28 CynMichi

CynMichi

Acolyte of The Many-Faced God

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Anime and manga ^_^ Reading, baking, and sword collecting!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

Haha Margery was trained by the best ! Lady Olenna is five steps ahead of everyone, I absolutely loved the interaction between her and Varys. "Oh look a spider in the garden..." Haha she's even giving him quite a go. I'd love to see a battle of wits between her and Tyrion !

The characters in this series are so masterfully fleshed out that you enjoy every single one, good, bad or Joffrey. tongue.gif
Even the characters I have an aversion to...ahem Cersei ....I can appreciate and understand because Martin paints a wonderful portrait of human complexities.

Btw...
Sansa's proposed marriage to Loras --Click here to view--
I know in the book Sansa believes they are suggesting that she marry Loras until it is revealed that she is supposed to wed Willas, the crippled elder brother. I wonder if Margery took this liberty to test the waters or if they will eliminate his character all together. I feel like Willas adds a dimension to her dilemma in regard to another certain arranged marriage. Time will tell I suppose.

Not certain about everyone else, but I'm very much looking forward to some Benric v Sandor action next episode!

#29 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Grace @ Apr 22 2013, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*shrug* I agree, I just try to think more on how their marriage worked in terms of the show. By our own societal standards, it was an awful arranged marriage that offered the bride no way to disagree, which just happened to turn out "well".

I see why people can like them together. I am very glad Drogo ended up being kind to her, but I am firmly planted in a modern paradigm as you point out. tongue.gif

I am curious to see if they elaborate on Shea's betrayal. We don't really see her after Tyrion gets betrothed/married. I wonder if it was jealousy which drove her to change bedfellows or maybe she did it to survive and Tyrion made a huge mistake. :O

#30 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (CynMichi @ Apr 22 2013, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sansa's proposed marriage to Loras --Click here to view--
I know in the book Sansa believes they are suggesting that she marry Loras until it is revealed that she is supposed to wed Willas, the crippled elder brother. I wonder if Margery took this liberty to test the waters or if they will eliminate his character all together. I feel like Willas adds a dimension to her dilemma in regard to another certain arranged marriage. Time will tell I suppose.

I think you're right about them leaving Willas out, he's not a necessary character and the show really simplifies a lot of things from the books. They already replaced Garlan Tyrell with Loras during the battle of blackwater w/ Loras being the ghost of Renly.

JLHza2T.png

#31 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Apr 22 2013, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cool.gif

I'm pretty sure she was expressing her distaste for the having the rose as a Sigil and the motto growing strong, and used the Stark and Greyjoy mottos as examples of what a motto should be like.

And I agree with her, especially about the Stark motto. Most of the family mottos are boasts, while theirs is a warning.
\

#32 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

This week episode was cool.

Funniest part is when Karstark is going to kill the Lannisters prisoners.
William : Is this a rescue?
Karstark : Take the sons of a ....

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 29 April 2013 - 02:53 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#33 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

My favorite character is Arya, hands down. I'm really excited to see how her story line will play out. I have plans to read the books but honestly until I'm all done with school that is an impossible goal.

I'm rooting for Daenerys for the throne though. I'm sorry, she's so innocent (not innocent.. but.. naive sort of) and so out of the loop, but she's got dragons and no body is going to see her coming. She'll finally make it to the main land and be like BAM b*tch. Dragons.

#34 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

Brienne and Jaime hot tub scene. cool.gif

They are my favorite.

#35 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

With or without Jaime i'm already f**cked - Tyrion Lannister.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#36 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

tonight's episode - omg....  :ohmy:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

#37 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

tonight's episode - omg....  :ohmy:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I was speechless. I just sat there staring at the credits... I still can't believe what the hell I just saw. Both of the parents, and the eldest brother/his wife.  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  Horrible! The Starks are being treated so terribly.  :cry:

#38 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

It blew my mind...

Spoiler

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#39 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

It blew my mind...

Spoiler

In full agreement with you here. Twas such a sad moment. T_T 

#40 CynMichi

CynMichi

Acolyte of The Many-Faced God

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Anime and manga ^_^ Reading, baking, and sword collecting!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

I completely missed out on the opportunity to join in the meme craze with the 'Rains of Castemere' episode. My husband had no idea what was going to happen and having read the book already I pondered the idea of taping his reaction..... Wish I had now cause it was hilarious!
Even having read the books the set up and intensity of the scene was masterfully done! Can't wait for next week!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users