• Interests:NaruSaku
    Fanfiction
    Kpop
    Kdramas
    Anime/Manga
    Drawing

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:06 AM

This is sort of random, but this is my little rant on Hinata:

I was reading this fanfic, and it had alluded to some NaruHina moments. Now I didn't really care, as the story didn't focus on romance and pairings never mattered too much to me anyway (as long as it wasn't too much I'll tolerate it). However I eventually stopped reading it, when I realised it was becoming too painful to read.

And that was because within just three chapters, the author had managed to develop Hinata's character more than Kishi had ever done.

When I was younger I was very shy and a complete pushover, and while I wouldn't go as far as to say I was bullied, I did do things I didn't want to since I couldn't say "no". So Part 1 Hinata became my role model. She was kinda like me, but had this determination about her that I admired. She was a bit of an outcast within her clan, but she actually grew and proved her worth. So I really wanted her to see her succeed and wanted her to achieve her goals.

When the whole confession happened, I expected a confrontation about it in which there would be a answer, since there was a build up of NaruSaku as well, but we were all well aware of Hinata's feelings. Instead it was ignored, and along with it Hinata's character was ignored as well.

And it took me a while to realise that Kishi was no longer interested in her and I couldn't help but feel betrayed when he decided to bring her back to suddenly ship her together with Naruto. Because in the meantime he had done nothing to show her relationship with her clan, her relationship with her sister, basically the things she used to care about the most.

Instead she became pairing fodder and while I wouldn't have minded NH once, Kishi had done nothing to explain why. The Last only served to showcase her as a mindless shell in which her 'goals' had become nothing more than Naruto and stripped her of any personality traits that she once had.

It's now painful to see Hinata because I can't bring myself to hate her as she once meant so much to me, and now all I see was wasted potential and that hurts a lot more than you may realise. And way more than the pairings, I think this was one of the things about the endings that i was disappointed about the most.

... Wow that was a lot longer than I thought. Oh well, just needed to get this off my chest. Because it hurts seeing her bashed since I know she used to be great, but her current character disappoints me so much as well and it just makes me tired.

output_FAafXs_zpsoj0idcx1.gif?t=14375663

#2 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:44 PM

almost all characters are handled badly.. the most prominent ones are sasuke and minato imo. poor minato  :pinch:

at least for ur fave hinata there's a lot of moments to choose from where she look pretty

Edited by Hanabi, 23 August 2016 - 02:45 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#3 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:06 PM

Careful , piranhas will come to defend his idol.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:25 PM

I feel bad for non-NH Hinata fans, I always did. You just can not like her without liking NH too.

ナルサク

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:31 PM

Yup and that is unfortunately because Hinata has no depth to her character besides "N-Naruto-kun"

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 August 2016 - 04:32 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#6 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:51 AM

Yup and that is unfortunately because Hinata has no depth to her character besides "N-Naruto-kun"

Exactly what I was going to say. She HAD potential in Part 1 and I think that's the Hinata Non-NH Hinata fans like. They wanted to see her develop past her problems and grow strong. To become the next Hyuuga clan leader and grow beyond Naruto.
But instead, she became nothing but a hollow doll that existed purely for Naruto. Tossed any of her other goals away. Honestly, she's the most one dimensional, flat and plain as cardboard character ever. I'll never understand why so many people love her.  :shrug: Bella Swan had more character depth than Hinata. I'm not being ironic, it's the hard, cold truth that so many of the NH fans are blind to.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#7 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:00 PM

How about Naruto suddenly jump from genin to kage ? As long as its cool, fans will embrace it. Sorry Naruto definitely not your cup of tea if you have that mindset.

#8 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

Exactly what I was going to say. She HAD potential in Part 1 and I think that's the Hinata Non-NH Hinata fans like. They wanted to see her develop past her problems and grow strong. To become the next Hyuuga clan leader and grow beyond Naruto.
But instead, she became nothing but a hollow doll that existed purely for Naruto. Tossed any of her other goals away. Honestly, she's the most one dimensional, flat and plain as cardboard character ever. I'll never understand why so many people love her.  :shrug: Bella Swan had more character depth than Hinata. I'm not being ironic, it's the hard, cold truth that so many of the NH fans are blind to.

How about Naruto suddenly jump from genin to kage ? As long as its cool, fans will embrace it. Sorry Naruto definitely not your cup of tea if you have that mindset.

Lots of fans don't care about what it's told in this manga. All they care about the most is what they want in this manga, and most of them focus on what they want from the characters. Seeing what they want won't matter to them how and why s/he or them got there.

This manga from a long time ago reached a state where many fans indirectly created a collective mind set, reason to be is them watching others supporting for this person or another,  which is something like this: I like this / these character/s and I want this to happen with them.

And that how fanbases begin to grow and grow.

Edited by T XD, 24 August 2016 - 04:47 PM.

#9 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

Lots of fans don't care about what it's told in this manga. All they care about the most is what they want in this manga, and most of them focus on what they want from the characters. Seeing what they want won't matter to them how and why s/he or them got there.

This manga from a long time ago reached a state where many fans indirectly created a collective mind set, reason to be is them watching others supporting for this person or another,  which is something like this: I like this / these character/s and I want this to happen with them.

THIS, I was 14 when naruto came out on toonami, and I never cared about the rank system or it being "cool", I just wanted good story telling better than alot of the cartoons and movies as of late,which is what I knew anime was all about, I wanted action mixed with good writing and good morals and wanted an ending with closurenone of that next gen crap, yet what did we get? dbx48 you obviously don't understand what kids watch shonen anime for so quit making excuses acting like a knowitall.

Edited by ultranx, 24 August 2016 - 07:58 PM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#10 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:08 PM

THIS, I was 14 when naruto came out on toonami, and I never cared about the rank system or it being "cool", I just wanted good story telling better than alot of the cartoons and movies as of late,which is what I knew anime was all about, I wanted action mixed with good writing and good morals and wanted an ending with closurenone of that next gen crap, yet what did we get? dbx48 you obviously don't understand what kids watch shonen anime for so quit making excuses acting like a knowitall.

S/He's saying about what s/he thinks as a plot hole of how Naruto was a genine to a Kage at the end. S/He's saying his/her thoughts like everybody else.

Edited by T XD, 24 August 2016 - 08:11 PM.

#11 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:20 AM

S/He's saying about what s/he thinks as a plot hole of how Naruto was a genine to a Kage at the end. S/He's saying his/her thoughts like everybody else.

yes and kage and genin are part of what? the rank system. I was disproving their comment that kids cared about the rank system at all or justified it as long as it was "cool"

#12 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:12 AM

Piranhas getting fat ... i wonder how many feeding him blood into the water :lmao: :lmao:

#13 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:00 AM

The problem is with how Naruto became hokage and how he acts once he has become hokage. Naruto became hokage years after the ending. In fact he became it after over a decade of us not know what he has done during that time. And the only thing they have shown us through the novels the last and the oneshots is that after the ending No One seem to trust Naruto with anything. Everyone of them as far as I can tell wanted to keep Naruto as far away from anything involving politics or intelligence and instead only brought out him in if they needed something punched. The only seem they wanted him to handle was impregnating Hinata and raising the offspring with her.

After ten years right before he becomes hokage he seem completely and utterly done with his life, and I don't mean done as complete and content with his life and all his accomplishments. I mean done as if he were to drop dead at any moment he would happier at that moment then he would spending another five minute with his family. Then once kakashi got bored with the job he just handed it off to Naruto. Without giving him any sort of training, and didn't even have that much trust in Naruto (he and shikamaru didn't even think he would how up to his own inauguration and had a plan B on hand). Which lead to Naruto in Boruto looking completely out of his depths in his job and utterly exhausted despite the fact that it been nearly fifteen years since the war ended.

So instead of showing Naruto as achieving his dream, having living a happy life, and as hokage helping change the ninja system. So they something like what happen to his friends could never happen again.

We instead have Naruto who seems to focuses on his job as hokage to avoid/hide from/ignore how utterly miserable life with his spoiled rotten children, the fact that he is just a celebrity hokage, he has made no major changes to the ninja system (the first chapter of the Boruto manga shows that the cycle continues into this generation), and he never even achieved hokage as much as it was given to him since kakashi was bored and wanted to retire.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 August 2016 - 10:47 AM.

#14 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

I heard if you go to japan and ask one of the fans there about Naruto they gonna said : "Oh that worst scumbag??"

#15 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:03 PM

I heard if you go to japan and ask one of the fans there about Naruto they gonna said : "Oh that worst scumbag??"

Probably, it wouldn't surprise me. In Germany (at least in the zone that I visited) if you ask/talk about Naruto, people look at you like an outcast of society.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#16 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

The potential you're talking about..I think Natsumi33/raintalker brought it out best, and she even made me ship NejiHina. She recently finished her comic Terrace and moved on to other fandoms. Wish her all the love.

ナルサク

#17 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:38 PM

I just state fact of current Naruto fandom, why you must lament Naruto ?  There are a lot of manga which more suit with your taste and NS have a lot of AU for pick, time to move on anyway.

#18 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

Well kishi himself doesn't rate her high, she's side character and he for whatever reason can't female character.

So I don't think she would be get a proper development based on how kishi write his story.

I always said that she get what she want because she's a really popular character for pretty much irrelevant character.

#19 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:56 PM

I just state fact of current Naruto fandom, why you must lament Naruto ?  There are a lot of manga which more suit with your taste and NS have a lot of AU for pick, time to move on anyway.

what part of us already been moved on and just like to come here and talk because we enjoy being with the people on this forum do you not understand db84x? countless of us have already told you that we have moved on, we just come here because we enjoy the community here and can still have fun here even with the series "ended" and like mocking the series while talking about other things. unlike your naruto forums that has been mostly toxic where none have moved on because all you guys care about is pairings, instead take your own advice, why don't YOU  move on hmm?

I mean the only one not moved on is you, other users have already posted links to your comments mocking us on narutoforums, we all know you're just here trolling, why don't you move on hmm?

Edited by ultranx, 25 August 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#20 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:22 PM

Piranhas : "NS fans still salty, come to their lair to mine the salt"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users