• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:05 PM

So I was revisiting one of my favorite anime series Death Note recently and the early episodes got me thinking about what would have happened had Light not gotten the book.

What I'm really curious about is if not, would he still have developed a want/need to go after criminals? Would he have done so lawfully? Would he become a detective?

Or would he still try to seek power and become a ruler, just through an alternate way?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#2 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:09 PM

he would become a policeman like his dad, i think.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#3 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

Yeah, Light would've become a police officer. I remember that the author had said that...

#4 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:52 PM

I think he would become a detective and make a great partnership with L. There wouldn't be a case they couldn't solve.

Edited by TheFlash, 04 October 2015 - 08:54 PM.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#5 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:44 PM

I understand that there's a chance that he could have become a detective/investigator, but would he have stopped there? Was his ambition of conquering so much attributed to his sense of justice or was it influenced by the Death Note?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#6 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:06 AM

I think it was the Death Note that really messed up his mind. He knew that knew the world was full of criminals and that no matter how hard the police worked it would never be enough to create a "perfect world". When he got the death note it became plausible and he felt it was his responsibility to do that and that only he could do it. The Death Note was what opened up the path he took.

Edited by TheFlash, 05 October 2015 - 01:12 AM.

#7 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:51 PM

Well we know that Light is really good at school, so he could become whatever he wants to. And yeah, I'm sure the Death Note twisted his mind, so he wanted to be the God of the world. 

I think it was the Death Note that really messed up his mind. He knew that knew the world was full of criminals and that no matter how hard the police worked it would never be enough to create a "perfect world". When he got the death note it became plausible and he felt it was his responsibility to do that and that only he could do it. The Death Note was what opened up the path he took.

Exactly. I also believe The Death Note is the reason why he thought that way. 

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#8 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:14 AM

Light is screwed up

Near says as much, any normal person would be disgusted and be understandably afraid of the death note capabilities, Light is an oddblall because he thought differently thanks to his already existing god complex and narcissistic personality so basically the death note didn't twisted anything in him, it just developed what was already there and in a bad way

Without the death note he would just have found another way to satisfy his god complex though of course he would have never reached the level he did reach in the canon story as that was only possible with the death note

Edited by Nar123, 06 October 2015 - 02:17 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#9 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:29 PM

I actually refuse to believe in the statement that Death Note twisted him. The very fact that Light went overboard with Death Note in itself proves how desperately he wanted to have something that'd solve his purpose-to create a world where law is above all and people would be kind. If he was so 'good', then he wouldn't have fallen for the Death Note because then he'd stick to his ideals just like his dad and would know that the way he is opting for is not right. And his behaviour before he got the Death Note conveys nothing otherwise. He always wanted to rid the world of criminals and would do anything for that. The Death Note just gave an impetuous to his 'drive'. He found a medium through which he could do so.

Like Nar123 said, Death Note just intensified his already present God complex and narcissistic tendencies. No wonder he had those 'cuz he had that grandiose image of himself and thought he could bring the world to stability! Even L stated that Kira was someone who was immature and that he couldn't take insults and defeats very wisely. The Death Note surfaced what already was present in him. Give him something different but yet something so convenient than Death Note and Light would still opt for it. He never did care about the way he opted to make peace, the only thing that mattered was peace itself!

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#10 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:38 PM

I actually refuse to believe in the statement that Death Note twisted him. The very fact that Light went overboard with Death Note in itself proves how desperately he wanted to have something that'd solve his purpose-to create a world where law is above all and people would be kind. If he was so 'good', then he wouldn't have fallen for the Death Note because then he'd stick to his ideals just like his dad and would know that the way he is opting for is not right. And his behaviour before he got the Death Note conveys nothing otherwise. He always wanted to rid the world of criminals and would do anything for that. The Death Note just gave an impetuous to his 'drive'. He found a medium through which he could do so.

Like Nar123 said, Death Note just intensified his already present God complex and narcissistic tendencies. No wonder he had those 'cuz he had that grandiose image of himself and thought he could bring the world to stability! Even L stated that Kira was someone who was immature and that he couldn't take insults and defeats very wisely. The Death Note surfaced what already was present in him. Give him something different but yet something so convenient than Death Note and Light would still opt for it. He never did care about the way he opted to make peace, the only thing that mattered was peace itself!

If you could call that peace...

nevertheless though I completely agree with your post

Edited by Nar123, 06 October 2015 - 08:38 PM.

#11 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

If you could call that peace...

nevertheless though I completely agree with your post

Peace...at the cost of people. Only the fact that if he'd kill everyone who was corrupted at the slightest, then no one would actually remain alive. Then by default, his method of creating peace would lead to chaos! The irony....

Edited by narusaku256, 06 October 2015 - 09:00 PM.

#12 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:06 PM

Peace...at the cost of people. Only the fact that if he'd kill everyone who was corrupted at the slightest, then no one would actually remain alive. Then by default, his method of creating peace would lead to chaos! The irony....

Yeah, this and it would reach a time were he ultimately would eventually start killing people he deemed not fit for his perfect society not even caring if they were corrupted or not

#13 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:10 PM

Yeah, this and it would reach a time were he ultimately would eventually start killing people he deemed not fit for his perfect society not even caring if they were corrupted or not

Why? Because they would oppose his ideals! Complete anarchist XD God! Light did become a psychopath!

#14 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:18 PM

Why? Because they would oppose his ideals! Complete anarchist XD God! Light did become a psychopath!

Of course not! I mean look at this! This is obviously the face of a perfectly sane person :pimp: !! 

tumblr_static_scary_ass_light_gif.gif

Edited by Nar123, 06 October 2015 - 09:18 PM.

#15 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

Of course not! I mean look at this! This is obviously the face of a perfectly sane person :pimp: !! 

[img]https://secure.static.tumblr.com]

Yeah! I can see that :lmao:

#16 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:52 AM

Then he would've become a policeman. Sad that the Death Note ruined his life.

#17 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:42 AM

It was his choice to use the Death Note in first place though

#18 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:36 PM

i don't think so.. when he made himself lose his memories he was a legit good guy, and a clever detective iirc

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#19 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

i don't think so.. when he made himself lose his memories he was a legit good guy, and a clever detective iirc

A good argument! But that Light was the 'real' Light. He was different than the Light we were shown before he got the Death Note. Just rewind back to the first few episodes before the Death Note was dropped on the Earth. The Light that we saw before that, was he consistent with the Light we saw when he lost his memories? He was waaaayyy different than the latter part. His 'lost-memory' personality was far too idealistic than his 'beginning' self. Atleast that's what I think...

Edited by narusaku256, 09 October 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#20 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

Just what I was thinking. During that time he questioned himself if he could do it or not and it wasn't until he got the Death Note that he reverted back to Kira.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users