40 replies to this topic

#21 Comy

Comy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:58 PM

And after she makes the chapter(s)  :umm: , maybe we could think about kickstarting an animation project so we can have also an anime (that would be so awesome)

waplrk.jpg

#22 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:06 PM

Dudes just let her write her ending, it's likely for her own peace of mind, don't go calling it your Canon ending or stuff like that, enjoy it, appreciate it, be thankful for it, but it won't be canon, so don't elevate it too high, that's just adding extra pressure of LadyGT.

I won't pressure her. If she wants to do it, that's her call, not ours. I will never do that. It's always up to her. I'll say this: while true about canon, it does prove that fanfic exist for more than just your own satisfaction. It's no wonder my girlfriend don't really watch/read SJ materials. She knows they have too much power and I didn't believe her. By the end of Friday, my last words to her was "You were right..."

#23 GoldenDays

GoldenDays

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:26 PM

I won't pressure her. If she wants to do it, that's her call, not ours. I will never do that. It's always up to her. I'll say this: while true about canon, it does prove that fanfic exist for more than just your own satisfaction. It's no wonder my girlfriend don't really watch/read SJ materials. She knows they have too much power and I didn't believe her. By the end of Friday, my last words to her was "You were right..."

Personally, I'll just say that after all this, I've kind of re-organized my priorities when it comes to reading stories. Canon/Non-Canon, in the end, means almost nothing to me anymore.

What matters most to me now, would be how believable the world, the characters, and their interactions in that world were. Were there moments in the story that made me question whether or not the events taking place were actually feasible? If there were, then that's the sign that the story-telling wasn't quite up to par.

I want to get lost in these fantastic worlds and their stories and characters, and anything that takes away from that, whether canon or non-canon, can potentially ruin that sense of escapism for me.

With that said, I know being canon was important to a lot of people, but being 'right' in the whole 'I-told-you-so' argument is a short-lived victory.

To me personally, I just want a great, believable story that takes me away from this world and into theirs. LadyGT has that capability to do that.

But like I said before...no pressure. =P

#24 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:40 PM

Dudes just let her write her ending, it's likely for her own peace of mind, don't go calling it your Canon ending or stuff like that, enjoy it, appreciate it, be thankful for it, but it won't be canon, so don't elevate it too high, that's just adding extra pressure of LadyGT.

Whoa, that wasn't my intention in posting here :sweatdrop:

She can do whatever she wants, of course. I'm just saying that if she does, having seen her material before, I'd find it easier to regard her work as canon than the actual manga ending.

I've already adopted some fanfictions and other doujinshis as headcanon. It's no different in this case, really.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 10 November 2014 - 11:41 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#25 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:54 PM

Just a thought, feel free to completely ignore this but...

Assuming Lady GT does make an alternate ending, I'm hoping that it won't just be the NaruSaku dynamic that's touched upon, but also various other things relating to the plot.

After all, when ending a manga, you don't want to just focus on how/why this character married that one, but you also want to bring a good conclusion to those things that aren't pairing-related either. A well-rounded ending usually wraps up most, if not all, the large and small plot details so that readers go, "Ohh, so that explains why this happened. Okay, that makes sense."

In short, if LadyGT does write her own ending, I hope she doesn't just talk about Naruto and Sakura exclusively, but also tidbits of everyone else's story too. Although I can imagine that undertaking something like that can be immense, since you're basically cleaning up Kishimoto's mess for him.

That's just my opinion though, and I'll just say there's a high chance I'll be much happier with her version of the ending, rather than the rushed one that was served to everybody.

LadyGT, if you're reading this, just wanna let you know, no pressure okay? You may not know me, but I truly loved all the artwork that I've seen from you.

Go do whatever you feel is right. =)

I agree.

I've found plenty of replacements to fill my disappointment with NaruSaku not becoming canon, but none to fill my disappointment regarding the ending as a whole.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 10 November 2014 - 11:55 PM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#26 Darkness

Darkness

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:12 AM

So far I've never spent a single penny in any Naruto merchadise. But if LadyGT decides to draw a more concise and logical endings over the OOC fest we got from Kishi, hell I wouldn't even think twice before supporting her monetarily, i.e. I would gladly buy it.

Do it, Lady!  :wink:

bKTC2.png

#27 NaruSakuishere

NaruSakuishere

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:41 AM

I'm excited, can't wait to see how it turns out. 

#28 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:23 AM

Is she still going to do it. I hear she has been getting hate from NH/SS fans because of this.

#29 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:04 AM

Is she still going to do it. I hear she has been getting hate from NH/SS fans because of this.

And when did that stop her? It won't.

#30 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku...duh, Game of Thrones, DISNEYLAND!!!

And some other stuff...

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:17 AM

I agree with this 100%

agreeing-nod-yes-crying-Oprah-Winfrey-GI

#31 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:34 AM

Do not count me out, hey Lady put some smut, nah i was just joking, NS  is innocent even they are perverts.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#32 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:53 AM

Whoa, that wasn't my intention in posting here :sweatdrop:

She can do whatever she wants, of course. I'm just saying that if she does, having seen her material before, I'd find it easier to regard her work as canon than the actual manga ending.

I've already adopted some fanfictions and other doujinshis as headcanon. It's no different in this case, really.

I know that's not your intention, but from an outside point of view it does look like you might be putting too much pressure on LadyGT, I'm sure she appreciates your faith in her, but by elevating her work about Kishi might just put some unneeded pressure on her. I visited her Tumbler page couple of hours ago, and it looks like she had to deal with a few people who don't think she's entitled to her own option.

LGT is extremely talented artist, and her works are always fun to read, and I would love to read her take on the end, but I am not going to pin her work as the Unofficial Canon work, even before she got the chance to complete it. I am going to enjoy her work no matter what.

iAnby7W.gif

#33 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:09 AM

I'd agree with it too, and if it came to copies heck I'd buy one myself. However I'm not gonna pressure LadyGT, it's just a matter of letting her work out things how she wants to. That's the most important thing of all. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 11 November 2014 - 03:10 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#34 ALESSE

ALESSE

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:16 AM

You got that right man.
It's all about beating that dead horse till it stops spitting out money.

I actually feel
Much better, now that I think about it. Kishi did such a plan unbelievable and childish ooc version of those characters and ending was sooo random that I really can't take it seriously.
Go from insular clans with death seal divisions(hyuuga) to inter breeding in a decade less and scrolls too skyscrapers and labtops really.

Nope not taking it seriously one bit.

Wait for a real ending, that solves all the plot holes from a real artist. Then I'll accept that as my personal cannon and read the story again to 698. Haha then switch back to the fan fic cannon. That's what I'm waiting for. And I have no doubt that it will be a real ending that ties up all the loose ends.

Like hello where's orochimaru? Wasn't he villain número uno in part 1?

Fat anko really. Yeah not taking it serious either . I m actually feeling way Better at this retarded ending. It was soo bad that I doesn't even affect me anymore.

Who s with me.

Hope my other ppls can feel better too.

Y7kvBpU.gif

#35 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku(Duh),Drawing, Video Games, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, Lee, Earthbound.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:37 AM

I agree! Go LagyGT!

Mean-Girls-GIF-Kevin-G-Dont-Let-The-Hate

Edited by Jinja14, 11 November 2014 - 06:37 AM.

Rest in peace Satoru Iwata

tumblr_n9e34d39XJ1r1shyro1_250.gif   

Take a melody, simple as can be. Give it some words and, sweet harmony.

#36 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:39 AM

Go, go, go!! We're all behind ya, LadyGT!!

giphy.gif

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#37 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

I wish we had some details on this. Like is it going to be in color?

#38 FaceLess

FaceLess

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Being a badass!

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:10 PM

I will declare it fanfic, like all her arts, canon means something written and approved by the writer, sadly he didn't approve NS, so we need to learn to accept instead of being pathetic and relaying on other fans

tumblr_static_tumblr_m4a37xocyc1qdfdg1o3

#39 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

Got something to share of Lady GT's artwork, guys, and seriously, FaceLess, you should realize we need a LOT of hope since our fandom is one that can be considered a dying breed now. :P So we gotta stand up or else we cave in or lose our way!

MBYCzfX.jpg

Now tell me this wouldn't be an AWESOME way for Lady GT's ending to go. :D Seriously, Sakura looks DROP DEAD GORGEOUS HERE! :smile: Seriously, this could be a good way to see things go.

#40 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

Got something to share of Lady GT's artwork, guys, and seriously, FaceLess, you should realize we need a LOT of hope since our fandom is one that can be considered a dying breed now. :P So we gotta stand up or else we cave in or lose our way!

MBYCzfX.jpg

Now tell me this wouldn't be an AWESOME way for Lady GT's ending to go. :D Seriously, Sakura looks DROP DEAD GORGEOUS HERE! :smile: Seriously, this could be a good way to see things go.

Yes , this is reason I got to NS, the feelings.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users