Close
Photo

Is Naruto the Last the worst movie?

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

Poll: Worst movie ever (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Worst movie

1. HELL YES IT IS!! (17 votes [26.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.15%

2. In my top 5 (7 votes [10.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

3. Worst Naruto film (26 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Ehh it was okay (2 votes [3.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

5. Never seen it. (13 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#241 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

It just seem out of nowhere for Ash to get revived like that. So many people booed in the theater. I know it's a kid film but coming from Disney and others, you really can't bs your way out. You have to take something of a risk and reasonably magical. Tears is not the answer, especially with no establishment that they can pull that stunt. If you're going to do Ash's sacrifice, yeah, Mewtwo being the one to save him would be a lot better and stronger for moral of the story. Instead, it's just really cheesy and for a kids film, it's saying a lot.

Yeah odd but again kids film, I mean they did it in the 8th film with Mew after all bring Ash and all the others back who had died and many said it made more sense at least the ones that I have talked to on the film.

A lot say the forth was a big ass pull when it came to bringing some back from the dead and they are right a lot of pokemon fans say it was just badwith how the ending part was done with Celebi, hell I still can't make sense of what happened in the film.

#242 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:39 PM

Yeah odd but again kids film, I mean they did it in the 8th film with Mew after all bring Ash and all the others back who had died and many said it made more sense at least the ones that I have talked to on the film.

A lot say the forth was a big ass pull when it came to bringing some back from the dead and they are right a lot of pokemon fans say it was just badwith how the ending part was done with Celebi, hell I still can't make sense of what happened in the film.

I only saw up to three. I remember 5th or 6th killed off a Pokemon, which shocked me. It's just that in movies, from the way you're addressing, they really like to kill off only to be revived, but that's just toying with us. Funny how in DB movies, they don't kill anyone off yet they have dragon balls to make it "ok".

#243 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:52 PM

I only saw up to three. I remember 5th or 6th killed off a Pokemon, which shocked me. It's just that in movies, from the way you're addressing, they really like to kill off only to be revived, but that's just toying with us. Funny how in DB movies, they don't kill anyone off yet they have dragon balls to make it "ok".

it was the 5th film that killed of a pokemon the 8th done it as well and in both the pokemon stay dead no coming back at all later on as both give their lives to save the day which is why both are so well liked in the pokemon fandom. But yeah when you see number 4 you will see just how bad it is hell Linkara hates it out of all the films.

that is true but death means nothing in DB after all lol.

#244 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:55 PM

it was the 5th film that killed of a pokemon the 8th done it as well and in both the pokemon stay dead no coming back at all later on as both give their lives to save the day which is why both are so well liked in the pokemon fandom. But yeah when you see number 4 you will see just how bad it is hell Linkara hates it out of all the films.

that is true but death means nothing in DB after all lol.

I only saw a glimpse of 4. It looks confusing.

True, but that is the point. No harm done doing it. Ah well.

#245 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

I only saw a glimpse of 4. It looks confusing.

True, but that is the point. No harm done doing it. Ah well.

Yeah I mean I love time travel and all but it gets very confusing in some parts

lol yeah plus you can wish for anything with the dragonballs.

#246 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:14 PM

Yeah I mean I love time travel and all but it gets very confusing in some parts

lol yeah plus you can wish for anything with the dragonballs.

Making Goku evil did sound good you know...

#247 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:38 PM

making goku evil...*sigh* you know, i also hate how dc/wb keep making "what is superman was EVIL?!????" stories. why not make "what if BATMAN was evil" huh?? why is it always poor supes.

heck naruto even made a "what if naruto was evil"...4 times! (gaara, nagato, obito, menma)

#248 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:40 PM

making goku evil...*sigh* you know, i also hate how dc/wb keep making "what is superman was EVIL?!????" stories. why not make "what if BATMAN was evil" huh?? why is it always poor supes.

heck naruto even made a "what if naruto was evil"...4 times! (gaara, nagato, obito, menma)

Hence why it is lackluster of Naruto. Too repetitive.

#249 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:50 PM

and yet RtN is regarded as a good naruto movie

P.S. does turles count as an evil goku?

#250 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

and yet RtN is regarded as a good naruto movie

P.S. does turles count as an evil goku?

It was more drama in a good way.

It does. Still, imagine at his state.

#251 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:50 PM

Making Goku evil did sound good you know...

Depends if it was done right.

#252 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:48 PM

As of now, same but the more I think about it, I feel like second Broly movie is actually worse. Bio Broly was like a cheap cash in by using his name while the second one is not only that but it's insultingly ridiculous. It's like if Orochimaru comes back and become good...wait...

Well, I have to see all of them and that's my plan.

The first point being how the heck Broly even got to Earth and buried there without anyone sensing him. Even if he wasn't in any SSj form (which he was in a normal SSj state when you see him frozen), any sort of powerful being you'd think would be quickly sensed by all the Z Warriors.

But what probably irked me more was, as was talked about before, they just had to find a way to force "Goku" into the climax rather than allow Gohan and Goten alone to beat Broly, but no, Goku just "has" to be there to symbolize everyone's "need" for him rather than, again, actually passing the torch to his sons. And I still debate whether or not Gohan even went SSj2 at all against Broly. I know some say he does, but it doesn't really show if he does or not (either in general or reflected in the fighting itself).

And then, of course, there's the disregard for canon, which pretty much every DBZ movie up until Battle of Gods is non-canon given you can usually find at least one or more plotholes regarding them, which only generates a bunch of other questions.

It just seem out of nowhere for Ash to get revived like that. So many people booed in the theater. I know it's a kid film but coming from Disney and others, you really can't bs your way out. You have to take something of a risk and reasonably magical. Tears is not the answer, especially with no establishment that they can pull that stunt. If you're going to do Ash's sacrifice, yeah, Mewtwo being the one to save him would be a lot better and stronger for moral of the story. Instead, it's just really cheesy and for a kids film, it's saying a lot.

Probably because tears are already an overused cliche with the metaphorical "magical" properties they tend to look like they have when it comes to a person holding a "dead" close person while crying, you get that tear drop onto the cheek, and then that person seems to "revive". The way the first movie does it is pretty much literal "magic" with no explanation whatsoever.

Probably because of how "good", trustworthy, etc. such people usually are, they make the best/most common targets for such "what-if" stories, much like how fanfics and such will do it vice versa with making the most "evil" characters good. I guess it's also because, as the main character, they tend to get the most exposure and are actually shown struggling/questioning with such things themselves as opposed to other characters.

With Batman, I suppose one could say that we already have an "evil Batman" in the form of The Joker.

2e5.gif

#253 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:57 PM

Well, there's more problems to that movie, but that's another topic on its own. I am planning to see all again. That should be fun times. But yes, that Goku part was not necessary, even though I hate to admit it, the last scene was pretty cool. Still won't make up for the entire movie but you get my point.

#254 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

i remember not liking bonds at all, i hated that oc girl with such an ugly design and obnoxious personality. the "zero tails" is a stupid plot device and sasuke was what obvious sold tickets. at least it wasnt canon

#255 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:01 AM

i remember not liking bonds at all, i hated that oc girl with such an ugly design and obnoxious personality. the "zero tails" is a stupid plot device and sasuke was what obvious sold tickets. at least it wasnt canon

That's the first time Hinata get more screen time in a movie.
I still can't believe that this side character get a movie focus on her and it's canon.

#256 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:41 PM

but didnt the last get retconned out though?

#257 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:46 PM

but didnt the last get retconned out though?

Like what?

#258 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:28 PM

idk i just heard, from some posts around the gaiden

#259 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:17 PM

None of it really gel together, so that's why it always feel like a retcon.

#260 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:41 PM

I do hate bounds as well I mean good god I have no words.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users