45 replies to this topic

#1 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

Watch the lady beside the car... you think she looks real?

I mean, touchscreen display booths are one thing, but this? Wow.

Edited by Cloud, 24 October 2009 - 03:43 PM.

#2 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

I like the step towards the future. But the japanese need to get a crackin on holographic projections. That is the true Future!

#3 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Oct 24 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the step towards the future. But the japanese need to get a crackin on holographic projections. That is the true Future!

Don't worry, give them another 5-10 years, and I daresay malls and other commercial places will have holographic projections set up as help booths or what not.

#4 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:27 PM

TBH, it's kinda scary though, such as the thing with humanoid robots or whatnot. I sometimes think the Japanese are way too smart for their own good. I think they should slow down the pace so that the world will be able to accept it. (Although I wouldn't mind them creating a REAL Wing Gundam. & I mean for REAL.)

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#5 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Oct 24 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TBH, it's kinda scary though, such as the thing with humanoid robots or whatnot. I sometimes think the Japanese are way too smart for their own good. I think they should slow down the pace so that the world will be able to accept it. (Although I wouldn't mind them creating a REAL Wing Gundam. & I mean for REAL.)

Why?

Slow down the pace? Their inventions are actually leading the world in optics technology (your LCDs in big box stores), medical technology, video gaming, cell phones. Guess who? The Japanese.

The world is very accepting of what they can do, and guess what? They swallow it up like candy, since technology is a large part of anybody's lives. Slowing down would a stupid reason. Know what else? Robotics are the future.

See the CanadaArm? Robotics. Automotive assembly lines? Robotics.

#6 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 24 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Slowing down would a stupid reason. Know what else? Robotics are the future.

They are the way of the future.[/monotonic_HAL_tone]

Anyways, good job, Japanese! Y'all make me proud every day I live :B shamefulcry0js.gif

#7 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:55 PM

We're getting there... hopefully at least the next 10 years...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#8 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

Amazing, i love it xDD

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#9 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

It's astounding how fast the japanese develop their technology if we mesure this with the human evolution scale this can be considered pretty fast and if they continue developing more on the medical department maybe we'll be able to get better life conditions between 10 and 20 years maybe.

Also the technology they are creating it's pretty revulotionary and it will be mainstream soon 5 years maybe? But I think these guys should make something on the field of echology which is still sorely lacking, Knowing the Japanese they would get there soon enough.

#10 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

well, Is it LCD tech or a sheet of transparent material displaying a hologram? I wasn't to sure by the video, so either seems to be viable options.

Makes me think of the holographic "help" terminals in Mass Effect wink.gif

BTW Newkerz, I saw where some one figured out how to build a Gundam, Besides needing like 21 power plants from black hawk helicopters, one would need to toss something like 121 billion dollars just to build one, Let alone the cost to train and operate the machine and crew. Power armor would be the better thing for the Japanese to invest in, heck they are probably 3/4's of the way to making good standalone power armor for soldiers.

Edited by jim1982, 24 October 2009 - 09:35 PM.

Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#11 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

Yeah they also come up with things like this though.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#12 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ Oct 24 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah they also come up with things like this though.

Hey, science gets bored, okay? XD

#13 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Oct 25 2009, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They already do, Whirly. Though not in the advanced 3D way... Yet

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#14 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:33 PM

Yeah, current "holographic" technology still needs a hard surface to display. In the future, it'll be like what you see in Star Wars, where the projection just uses air as the medium.

#15 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

We've been having holograms and transparent material that folds out like paper. Waiting to bring down the cost of the advance items in manufacturing/processing is why it's not widely available yet. CNN had some holograms during this years presidential election.

Trust me the U.S. has advance technology of our own as well, it's just the majority of the budget is spent on having the most advance military. (Area 51 is like 30 or more years in advance from what they say, like stealth technology for jets such as the SR71 Blackbird and other cool stuff night/infrared vision is also said to derive from their.) facepalm.png

I can't wait for Philips to release their new Cinema LCD TV that goes beyond HDTV and also heard they were working on a true 3D TV without the use of special shades/goggles. (talk about a awesome gaming/movie experience) wow.png

I wonder how long it's gonna take until 4G Network becomes widely available?

Edited by Uzumakikage, 24 October 2009 - 11:44 PM.

#16 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:48 PM

"The Japanese company NTT DoCoMo has been testing a 4G communication system prototype with 4x4 MIMO called VSF-OFCDM at 100 Mbit/s while moving, and 1 Gbit/s while stationary. In February 2007, NTT DoCoMo completed a trial in which they reached a maximum packet transmission rate of approximately 5 Gbit/s in the downlink with 12x12 MIMO using a 100 MHz frequency bandwidth while moving at 10 km/h, and is planning on releasing the first commercial network in 2010."

Again. They know how to do it faster.

And the CNN holograms?

"The CNN anchors were not really speaking to three-dimensional projected images, but rather empty space, Kreuzer said. The images were simply added to what viewers saw on their screens at home, in much the same way computer-generated special effects are added to movies."

#17 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 24 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"The CNN anchors were not really speaking to three-dimensional projected images, but rather empty space, Kreuzer said. The images were simply added to what viewers saw on their screens at home, in much the same way computer-generated special effects are added to movies."

Le epic fail?

#18 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:56 PM

I believe Sprint already released their 4G network just not widely available yet.

#19 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:57 PM

"Verizon Wireless announced on September 20, 2007 that it plans a joint effort with the Vodafone Group to transition its networks to the 4G standard LTE. On December 9, 2008, Verizon Wireless announced that they intend to build and begin to roll out a LTE network by the end of 2009."

Sprint is offering it for 79.99, but it's not readily available. I gotta admit, this is like a feverish technology race, but it seems the Japanese always get developed faster most of the time.

Edited by Cloud, 25 October 2009 - 12:00 AM.

#20 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

indeed, I hope Verizon does release their 4G Network, because I know they do a good job of making it widely available on the U.S. like they have already done with their 3G network coverage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users