BROWNCOATS UNITE! (Firefly thread)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hey guys

Its been a while. 10 years infact. But the recent reunion special

Totally made me remember how much i love the show biggrin.gif
And also made me wonder.... How many Browncoats do we have on the forums ?

I definitely count myself as one smile.gif

EDIT:- you can watch the full special here :- http://www.dailymoti...rom=embediframe

#2 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Nov 14 2012, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys

Its been a while. 10 years infact. But the recent reunion special

Totally made me remember how much i love the show biggrin.gif
And also made me wonder.... How many Browncoats do we have on the forums ?

I definitely count myself as one smile.gif

EDIT:- you can watch the full special here :- http://www.dailymoti...rom=embediframe

can't believe it's been 10 years. crazy!

I love that show too. I was out of town when the special was on, and I totally forgot about it! Thanks for the link!

#3 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Found an awesome gem looking around biggrin.gif for all you fellow browncoats....

An amazing FREE tribute album to the show that uses music from the actual show
To create a fusion between hiphop and firefly/serenity's orchestral music.
Go download and listen now biggrin.gif you wont regret it smile.gif
I just LOVE the lyrics. And the lack of foul language is refreshing too :3

#4 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Cool, a Firefly thread. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the links to the special and the album! I'll definitely download those when I have some free time. smile.gif

#5 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Shiny! Thanks!

#6 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Incidently, in case anyone here hasn't heard of it yet, the show "Castle" (new episodes air on ABC, but I think some earlier seasons recently went into syndication), starring Nathan "Captain Mal" Fillion, often makes reference to Firefly. It's fun to catch things -- many are obvious (like Nathan Fillion's title character, Richard Castle, dressing as Captain Mal for halloween, or said character speaking a line from the show in Chinese and, when questioned where he learned Chinese from, says it was from a "television show I used to love"), some less so (his reaction to blue-colored evidence gloves, someone undercover attempting to solicit drugs saying she wants to "feel shiny," a Firefly prop on a bookshelf in Castle's apartment (not sure if its in every episode or just one), frequent use of the word "serenity" where other words might be adequate, that kind of thing), but they're all fun.

Adam Baldwin has made a guest appearance on the show, once (with the possibility for a return appearance); I keep expecting Gina Torres, or Alan Tudyk, or Summer Glau, or someone like that to show up as well. In fact, I half expect that, some episode, they'll try for a complete cast reunion or bring in Joss Whedon as a guest writer\director\something -- Nathan Fillion really loves putting in the Firefly references, and the show's producers seem willing to aid and abet him in doing so. (I was a little disappointed, though, when, in a recent episode set during a science fiction convention, there weren't more than a few cursory references -- I was expecting that to be Castle's 10th anniversary tribute to Firefly, but it seems not)

Edited by desaix, 14 November 2012 - 10:25 PM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#7 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

Thank you for making this thread! I really liked Firefly and Serenity, but I didn't know about the special. So awesome to see them all again. Listening to the music right now. It's not entirely the sound I usually subscribe to but the longer I listen, it's starting to grow on me. He has a very old-school style of rap sound to him, though his lyrics are a bit rough still. Thanks for the share!

Also... spoilers in the video! Not the TV show, but of things that could've been. Sad. shamefulcry0js.gif

The last part of the special certainly shows that Whedon is a nerd and he truly cares about his works, not just making it to collect a paycheck.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 15 November 2012 - 04:51 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#8 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I'll admit I didn't know about Firefly, until after I saw Serenity in the theaters (twice). But after that, I quickly went out to buy the episodes on Amazon. Man, i was completely blown away and sadden that such an amazing show was cancelled. Not only was it very well-written, but the cast was phenomenal. I mean, you got a good feeling that everyone generally enjoyed working with everyone and the show all around. I mean not only that how well everyone was able to switch gears from cutting up with each other, to a straight up serious drama and action show. There are elements of their level of teamwork and camaraderie that I use in my stories today.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#9 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

I'm curious about something. Does anyone here read firefly fanfics ?
I have a penchant to loving ships most people hate so i'm a Mal/River
shipper *looks around warily for people with pitchforks*

#10 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Nov 15 2012, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm curious about something. Does anyone here read firefly fanfics ?
I have a penchant to loving ships most people hate so i'm a Mal/River
shipper *looks around warily for people with pitchforks*

Never read a Firefly fanfic, here. I do have a few pairings I find interesting (Inara\Mal, Zoe\Wash, and Simon\Kaylee... though I had suspicons about Simon and didn't really like him until Serenity). Somehow, though, I'm not sure I'd be satisfied with the answers to the questions I have about the Firefly universe that fanfics would give me.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#11 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

I don't read any Fanfics for it. I don't think any author could really do the show justice. But if I did, I know mal/river wouldn't have been one of the pairings I would read.

#12 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Saw this today thought it was hilarious. ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users