• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

Hopefully it will have a good theme song like Batman Forever had too

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#62 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

I saw it and, while I think it didn't reach up to Dark Knight, it was still an awesomely epic end to Bruce Wayne's journey.

#63 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

I didn't see a point in creating another thread to spoiler-ishly discuss the film so I'm posting in this one. I'm going to assume anyone who wants to discuss it will already have seen it. Anyway, spoilers below.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 20 2012, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw it and, while I think it didn't reach up to Dark Knight, it was still an awesomely epic end to Bruce Wayne's journey.

I agree. TDK seemed to be a cleaner script. Dark Knight Rises has a lot going on and sometimes it doesn't seem to be juggled all that well.

I knew right away from the cues that John Blake was an otherverse Tim Drake because a) his name "John Blake" I wish they had just owned up to it instead of trying to be sneaky b) he figured out who Batman was and c) his parent's demises sounded similar to Tim's. Also the second Miranda got it on with Bruce at the drop of the hat with no prior "she's interested in him moment" I rolled my eyes. All fans were betting on this but this confirmed it in the film. Otherwise it would've really been a bigger WTF moment.

I felt Bane's introduction to be super weak compared to Joker's and almost even a re-hash.

Bane's accent kind of made him sound like an old man. I kind of laughed at first when I heard him.

Bane seemed smart but not like in the comics. He kind of disappears after taking over gotham. Playing no role other than observer. (WEAK SAUCE!) What was his master plan? To give them hope and then destroy their spirits than kill them... where was the hope? You'll be alive for another 90 days?

I would've liked to have seen more material from people trying to find a way across the bridge/water and from people the government trying to sneak more sleeper agents into the city.

I would've had the police play a bigger part in Batman's demise. As follows: Batman fends off the police force, being bludgeoned by them while going to Bane's lair (something on the level of how the police force treats Robocop in the first movie when he's framed for attempted murder). Bane doesn't flee even though he know's Batman's on the way. In fact, he planned to have the police play a role in Batman's spiritual breaking. Bane then broadcasts the truth about Harvey Dent and Batman slapping the people in the face for having gone along with a lie. By the time Batman arrives on the scene, he's injured on top of his previous injuries and exhausted. Bane broadcasts their fight as well as Batman's demise. I felt this would've made the moment more potent. I would've gut the whole "I'll give them hope" aspect from the film since it didn't really exist anyway.

Instead of switching between the prison scene and what was happening in gotham, I would've concentrated fully on the prison scene first, then what John Blake and Gordon were up to.

Anne Hatheway actually wasn't half as bad as I thought she was going to be. She can look the role but I didn't think she could play the role. I can't think of who I'd cast at the moment but I've never seen her play someone seductive who's dangerous and cunning. I wish the script had allowed her to play it more confident and hard-to-get (cat and mouse) versus the once-bitten, hard-nosed woman seeking a way out.

This sounds like a lot of hate, but I did really enjoy the movie, unfortunately it feels more like a guilty pleasure. Mostly for these reasons. What did you guys think? Agree? Disagree?

Edited in case someone is simply coming in here to today to see if the film is worth seeing. Sorry for being so inconsiderate.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 21 July 2012 - 12:06 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#64 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 20 2012, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't see a point in creating another thread to spoiler-ishly discuss the film so I'm posting in this one. I'm going to assume anyone who wants to discuss it will already have seen it. Anyway, spoilers below.

I agree. TDK seemed to be a cleaner script. Dark Knight Rises has a lot going on and sometimes it doesn't seem to be juggled all that well.

I knew right away from the cues that John Blake was an otherverse Tim Drake because a) his name "John Blake" I wish they had just owned up to it instead of trying to be sneaky b) he figured out who Batman was and c) his parent's demises sounded similar to Tim's. Also the second Miranda got it on with Bruce at the drop of the hat with no prior "she's interested in him moment" I rolled my eyes. All fans were betting on this but this confirmed it in the film. Otherwise it would've really been a bigger WTF moment.

I felt Bane's introduction to be super weak compared to Joker's and almost even a re-hash.

Bane's accent kind of made him sound like an old man. I kind of laughed at first when I heard him.

Bane seemed smart but not like in the comics. He kind of disappears after taking over gotham. Playing no role other than observer. (WEAK SAUCE!) What was his master plan? To give them hope and then destroy their spirits than kill them... where was the hope? You'll be alive for another 90 days?

I would've liked to have seen more material from people trying to find a way across the bridge/water and from people the government trying to sneak more sleeper agents into the city.

I would've had the police play a bigger part in Batman's demise. As follows: Batman fends off the police force, being bludgeoned by them while going to Bane's lair (something on the level of how the police force treats Robocop in the first movie when he's framed for attempted murder). Bane doesn't flee even though he know's Batman's on the way. In fact, he planned to have the police play a role in Batman's spiritual breaking. Bane then broadcasts the truth about Harvey Dent and Batman slapping the people in the face for having gone along with a lie. By the time Batman arrives on the scene, he's injured on top of his previous injuries and exhausted. Bane broadcasts their fight as well as Batman's demise. I felt this would've made the moment more potent. I would've gut the whole "I'll give them hope" aspect from the film since it didn't really exist anyway.

Instead of switching between the prison scene and what was happening in gotham, I would've concentrated fully on the prison scene first, then what John Blake and Gordon were up to.

Anne Hatheway actually wasn't half as bad as I thought she was going to be. She can look the role but I didn't think she could play the role. I can't think of who I'd cast at the moment but I've never seen her play someone seductive who's dangerous and cunning. I wish the script had allowed her to play it more confident and hard-to-get (cat and mouse) versus the once-bitten, hard-nosed woman seeking a way out.

This sounds like a lot of hate, but I did really enjoy the movie, unfortunately it feels more like a guilty pleasure. Mostly for these reasons. What did you guys think? Agree? Disagree?

Should really put it in spoilers --Click here to view--
Bane's only plan was to get into Gotham and take the bomb. Otherwise, everything else is pretty much just to cause misery and destruction to prove the League of Shadows right...and to get Batman out of the way. That's it. All those deliciously bombastic speeches? All for nothing but distraction. And in the end, as I guessed before the movie even came out, Bane is only the tip of the spear, not the one doing the thrusting. < insert innuendo joke >

Although, really? The police play a role in Batman's breaking? The only one that may only play a part if the police will demoralize Batman is Commish. Gordon, otherwise, the police is so ineffectual they don't even slow Batman down when he reappears after 8 years.

I didn't mind the juxtaposition between the prison scene and Gotham. The bleak situation in Gotham only serves to hammer in that Gotham NEEDS Batman, and it wouldn't be as effective if they did one...then did the other.
And really, Bane's intro serves to do its job properly. He's devious, smart, and frightening, all of that is covered in his Establishing Character Moment.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 20 July 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#65 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 20 2012, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should really put it in spoilers --Click here to view--
Bane's only plan was to get into Gotham and take the bomb. Otherwise, everything else is pretty much just to cause misery and destruction to prove the League of Shadows right...and to get Batman out of the way. That's it. All those deliciously bombastic speeches? All for nothing but distraction. And in the end, as I guessed before the movie even came out, Bane is only the tip of the spear, not the one doing the thrusting. < insert innuendo joke >

Although, really? The police play a role in Batman's breaking? The only one that may only play a part if the police will demoralize Batman is Commish. Gordon, otherwise, the police is so ineffectual they don't even slow Batman down when he reappears after 8 years.

I didn't mind the juxtaposition between the prison scene and Gotham. The bleak situation in Gotham only serves to hammer in that Gotham NEEDS Batman, and it wouldn't be as effective if they did one...then did the other.
And really, Bane's intro serves to do its job properly. He's devious, smart, and frightening, all of that is covered in his Establishing Character Moment.

Spoiler-y response. --Click here to view--
Again, don't really see a point in adding spoilers to a thread that is specifically for discussing the movie now that it's out.

Bane explained to Batman that he would give them hope and take it away to Bruce. There was no hope given.

As far as proving the league of shadows right, are we referring to people turning on themselves and destroying themselves from the inside out? ... Only a fraction proved him right. Seemed most folks decided to stay home after the initial fall-out.

As for the police playing a part in breaking the Bat, I didn't mean to demoralize him. I meant simply exhaustion to know that he has to somehow beat Bane but feel the desperation of exhaustion. And it would serve more to demoralize the police-force and in turn the whole of the citizens once the revelation that Batman took the fall for Harvey Dent came through. In the comics Bane releases the inmates at Arkham causing Batman to work overtime ultimately exhausting him so that when they fight he is physically and mentally tired. I thought this would serve as a nice parallel since the police force was already out to get him. I was also hoping this would illustrate that the police force as a task group weren't inept at taking down someone skilled and dangerous like Batman if they worked together. It would've also served to illustrate how truly Batman was alone in this endeavor to stop Bane, making his first standoff with Bane and ultimate losing moment more tragic.

Prison scenes versus what's happening in Gotham scenes: It wasn't terrible, the switching back and forth between the two places, but I felt it jerky at times seeming to halt the action and build in the current place when switching to the other. So it's an agree to disagree situation. tongue.gif

Bane's introduction scene: it feels weakened by the fact that they did a similar thing with Joker in the first one where he wore a mask. I didn't get the frightening aspect you felt. All I got was that he was someone people were willing to die for. I wish they had done something more than holding himself up between two chairs to display his frightening strength. Something that would give non-comic book readers ample reason to fear Batman doing battle with him. To me he didn't seem to be powerful enough for this. He seemed charismatic, a leader, but not someone super-threatening to Batman. I guess the Batman being injured and on a cane served as a cane for Bane's lack of being threatening. And while it's morbid, if all you do is snap people's necks and that's your thing, it becomes funny after the umpteen time. It's like if he just broke people on his backs all the time. "I don't like you. I shall break you on my knee like so."

The mask though and once I got use to his accent the voice... seemed Vadar-esque. Machine-like.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 21 July 2012 - 12:02 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#66 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 20 2012, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spoiler-y response. --Click here to view--
Again, don't really see a point in adding spoilers to a thread that is specifically for discussing the movie now that it's out.

Bane explained to Batman that he would give them hope and take it away to Bruce. There was no hope given.

As far as proving the league of shadows right, are we referring to people turning on themselves and destroying themselves from the inside out? ... Only a fraction proved him right. Seemed most folks decided to stay home after the initial fall-out.

As for the police playing a part in breaking the Bat, I didn't mean to demoralize him. I meant simply exhaustion to know that he has to somehow beat Bane but feel the desperation of exhaustion. And it would serve more to demoralize the police-force and in turn the whole of the citizens once the revelation that Batman took the fall for Harvey Dent came through. In the comics Bane releases the inmates at Arkham causing Batman to work overtime ultimately exhausting him so that when they fight he is physically and mentally tired. I thought this would serve as a nice parallel since the police force was already out to get him. I was also hoping this would illustrate that the police force as a task group weren't inept at taking down someone skilled and dangerous like Batman if they worked together. It would've also served to illustrate how truly Batman was alone in this endeavor to stop Bane, making his first standoff with Bane and ultimate losing moment more tragic.

Prison scenes versus what's happening in Gotham scenes: It wasn't terrible, the switching back and forth between the two places, but I felt it jerky at times seeming to halt the action and build in the current place when switching to the other. So it's an agree to disagree situation. tongue.gif

Bane's introduction scene: it feels weakened by the fact that they did a similar thing with Joker in the first one where he wore a mask. I didn't get the frightening aspect you felt. All I got was that he was someone people were willing to die for. I wish they had done something more than holding himself up between two chairs to display his frightening strength. Something that would give non-comic book readers ample reason to fear Batman doing battle with him. To me he didn't seem to be powerful enough for this. He seemed charismatic, a leader, but not someone super-threatening to Batman. I guess the Batman being injured and on a cane served as a cane for Bane's lack of being threatening. And while it's morbid, if all you do is snap people's necks and that's your thing, it becomes funny after the umpteen time. It's like if he just broke people on his backs all the time. "I don't like you. I shall break you on my knee like so."

The mask though and once I got use to his accent the voice... seemed Vadar-esque. Machine-like.

I don't know, I think most of the fear I got from Bane was the fact that I know what's going to happen. And, really, if people weren't scared the first time they see him with the airplane, they're gonna freak out when they see him utterly curb stomp Batman in the sewers.

And, I didn't really see any action being halted between Gotham and the prison in the first place.
It was chaotic, sure, but the fact of the matter is that it seemed like they were merely showing a morbid slice-of-life in Gotham and then cutting to Bruce Wayne exercising and healing. I just thought that whole second act felt too long, to be honest.

And again, the police is nothing compared to Batman. I still felt Bruce's desperation when he realized that nothing he was doing hurt Bane. You can hear him growling in frustration (well, he's really growling, at least). I admit that the fact Bane attacked an out of action Batman does diminish his threat, but even at the fight in the end, Bane continued to tank damage until his mask got disabled. Batman has never beaten Bane through sheer force (that I recall, at least), he's always had to disable him some other way.

Also, it's spoiler tagged because it's been out only for a day. Not everyone'll see the premiere due to other plans and duties.

#67 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 20 2012, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But there was. Bane took everyone's faith away from the government and the police. The only order left in the city was of Bane's gang. Sure they might have been screwed, but Bane pretending to be Robin Hood did at least give them hope of a good life. He never did say that the hope had to be big (or real).

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#68 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Well I just want to say that it makes me a little upset when people compare TDKR to TDK. Its a little unfair, seeing that nothing will ever live up to Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker, and to go in and try to compare them is just setting THKR up to fail.

That being said, I'll admit I was never a "fan" of Batman. Sure, I dressed up like him during Halloween once, always sung the theme song (nanananana) and enjoyed the thought of Batman, I had never watched the shows (that I can remember anyway) or even the movies. The only reason why I went to TDKR midnight premier was because my friends were going and had asked me to come, and I though "YOLO, why not?" So to get up to date, I watched Batman Begins and TDK.

I fell in love with Christopher Nolan's Batman.

So I'm not looking at this movie as a fangirl of everything Batman, but as a fan of Nolan and his Batman series (And of Christian Bale in the Batsuit... YUM).

I personally thought the break up between the prison and Gotham was excellent. I don't think it broke up any action, and it did what Nolan, and Bane, wanted it do. It showed Bruce's frustration as his city that he worked so hard to protect started to crumble down into pieces. You did not have to watch Bruce sit and heal in a prison the whole time, which had they had separated the parts, would have got a little boring. But you were still able to check up on him while you did get to watch the action going on in Gotham.

A lot of people told me they were upset with some of the new characters and where their origins came from. I understand that Nolan's Robin is nothing like the comics, in terms of his origin. With the disclaimer of not knowing much of anything about the comics, I think it is perfect in the series that Robin is a former cop who did everything he can to protect his city, even almost die. John Blake was the most refreshing character I think. Unlike Commish. Gordon who always had good intentions, Blake/Robin did everything he could to make those intentions happen, which is essentially what Batman did as well, which makes him a perfect Robin.

And Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? Oh, sex me now please. I enjoyed the realism of the movie. Sure, a lot of people complained that Bane was not as he is in the comics.. But the comic Bane would never, EVER, exist in real life, thus defeating the purpose of Nolan's vision. The scariest part is that everything that happened in this series, could potentially happen in real life, which is what other super hero movies lack. And while Hallie Berry was very sexy, though the movie was a dead flop, that is not a realistic costume of a thief. (I never believed CatWoman was a villain, just a thief).

And of course, my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims in Aurora, Colorado.

#69 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Jul 24 2012, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But there was. Bane took everyone's faith away from the government and the police. The only order left in the city was of Bane's gang. Sure they might have been screwed, but Bane pretending to be Robin Hood did at least give them hope of a good life. He never did say that the hope had to be big (or real).

This point is no longer a valid critique on my part. I'll have to see the film again in order to be sure. But the scenes where the decadent citizens of Gotham's houses are ransacked did display this twisted Robin Hood-esque quality if the invaders were indeed other Gothamites.

QUOTE (Orenji @ Jul 24 2012, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A lot of people told me they were upset with some of the new characters and where their origins came from. I understand that Nolan's Robin is nothing like the comics, in terms of his origin. With the disclaimer of not knowing much of anything about the comics, I think it is perfect in the series that Robin is a former cop who did everything he can to protect his city, even almost die. John Blake was the most refreshing character I think. Unlike Commish. Gordon who always had good intentions, Blake/Robin did everything he could to make those intentions happen, which is essentially what Batman did as well, which makes him a perfect Robin.

I agree with not minding the character of John Blake at all nor his eventual role by the film's close. His background is very similar to many of the Robins in the comics, primarily Tim Drake, the second (my favorite) Robin. I understand why he was named Robin instead of being a Robin. They needed his character to serve the purpose that he did in the film, and didn't have time to add any of the Robin's origin stories into the mix since they wanted it to be about Bruce and Gotham.

I do disagree that Gordon was a passive character when it came to doing the right things, he just didn't always go about it the right way.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#70 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 24 2012, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This point is no longer a valid critique on my part. I'll have to see the film again in order to be sure. But the scenes where the decadent citizens of Gotham's houses are ransacked did display this twisted Robin Hood-esque quality if the invaders were indeed other Gothamites.

I agree with not minding the character of John Blake at all nor his eventual role by the film's close. His background is very similar to many of the Robins in the comics, primarily Tim Drake, the second (my favorite) Robin. I understand why he was named Robin instead of being a Robin. They needed his character to serve the purpose that he did in the film, and didn't have time to add any of the Robin's origin stories into the mix since they wanted it to be about Bruce and Gotham.

I do disagree that Gordon was a passive character when it came to doing the right things, he just didn't always go about it the right way.

Actually, Jason Todd is the second Robin.

John Blake is a composite of all three boy Robins: Richard Grayson's attitude and charisma, Jason Todd's orphan childhood and street smarts (thankfully not his attitude), and Tim Drake's detective skills and admiration of Batman. There's also a bit of Terry McGinnis in there, too.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 24 July 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#71 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 24 2012, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, Jason Todd is the second Robin.

John Blake is a composite of all three boy Robins: Richard Grayson's attitude and charisma, Jason Todd's orphan childhood and street smarts (thankfully not his attitude), and Tim Drake's detective skills and admiration of Batman. There's also a bit of Terry McGinnis in there, too.

Right, right. I completely forgot. For some reason my mind always pushes him to 3rd because... that's where he ranks as a major Robin. You're right about the attitude of Todd, he was a little violent jerk if I remember correctly he was the Punisher in the making.

I did initially think he was going to be named Terry McGinnis, but I bet that would've given away too much. Though again, for comic book fans neither he nor Meredith were probably as huge of a surprise as it was to the general audience.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#72 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

I saw the movie twice this weekend...so yeah, I definitely liked it, XD. I think I might have enjoyed The Dark Knight a little more, but to be fair, this one went in kind of a different direction, so they might not really be comparable. This one reminded me a lot more of Batman Begins than TDK, which made it a pretty good final chapter IMO. It was almost like the trilogy was coming full circle.

My only gripe --Click here to view--
My only real gripe was Talia's death. I mean, she was supposed to be the daughter of Ra's al Ghul, and was this legendary child who somehow escaped the Prison, and she gets killed off...in a car accident. I know, the car chase scene was epic, and this is a realistic universe where not every villain needs a big fight, but I was really expecting something bigger after the reveal.

Plus, that death scene felt a little artificial to me, at least the first two times I watched it. Kinda like "Ha ha ha, Gotham City is doomed! Ha ha ha...blegh".

But I dunno, maybe I'll get used to it once I see it a third time. XD

Good catch on the John Blake/Tim Drake thing! I didn't even think of that till I came on here. I was initially kinda skeptical about that reveal (his actual name is Robin???, is he gonna fight crime with his legal name?), but looking at him as a Nolan-verse version of Tim Drake makes a lot more sense. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 25 July 2012 - 03:03 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#73 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:20 AM

I'm not the biggest fangirl of the batman series, but I still need to watch this movie >___>
OTP and my Bby

#74 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jul 24 2012, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good catch on the John Blake/Tim Drake thing! I didn't even think of that till I came on here. I was initially kinda skeptical about that reveal (his actual name is Robin???, is he gonna fight crime with his legal name?), but looking at him as a Nolan-verse version of Tim Drake makes a lot more sense. happy.gif

My interpretation of the end is that Bruce, via Alfred's foreshadowed wish for him at the movie is stepping down and letting Robin take over as Batman (with Bruce hopefully taking on a mentor role).

Does this make sense for Batman-Batman, no. But it works fine for Nolan-Batman.

QUOTE (Pikachew @ Jul 24 2012, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not the biggest fangirl of the batman series, but I still need to watch this movie >___>

Do eet! party.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#75 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 24 2012, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My interpretation of the end is that Bruce, via Alfred's foreshadowed wish for him at the movie is stepping down and letting Robin take over as Batman (with Bruce hopefully taking on a mentor role).

Does this make sense for Batman-Batman, no. But it works fine for Nolan-Batman.

That's really my interpretation for it. Nolan's Batman is a lot more vulnerable or 'weaker' than the comic book Batman. Comic-Bats has not let ANYTHING stop him from being Batman, even when he literally had to jump through time to do it.

While Nolan-Bats is, like I mentioned, a lot more vulnerable; I want to use the phrase 'more human,' but I'm hesitant to do so, because Comic-Bats has also experienced far more traumatic events and he's still Batman after Celestia knows how many years, so it kinda proves that even one with indomitable will can still power through everything.

Then again, Bale doesn't have the luxury of living in comic book super science...... sweat.gif

#76 cnving101

cnving101

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Well, I finally got to see the movie last night, and it was pretty awesome. The only downside was how much it cost. I forgot how crazy theater prices are. dry.gif

#77 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (cnving101 @ Aug 2 2012, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I finally got to see the movie last night, and it was pretty awesome. The only downside was how much it cost. I forgot how crazy theater prices are. dry.gif

I hear you. Luckily I was back in my hometown that weekend where the prices aren't so high compared to where I live. Unfortunately I'm always a sucker for popcorn and soda (I just have to, it's the theater!) and that's where the biggest chunk of change usually goes.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#78 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

Found this. Thought it was perfect.

Now, I did not just post this as a joke. It's perfect for more than that. It also works to show just how damn good Hardy's performance was that he could act so well behind that friggin mask.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#79 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

3 times, I saw this movie. Three times. And it was still hard to understand what Gordon was telling Blake about shackles.... I do know what he's saying, just not the dialogue itself.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 03 August 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#80 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

I totally want to just start doing some collar tugs ALL THE TIME after seeing Bane in this movie you guys.

Oh, and as far as the movie goes, it wasn't absolutely perfect, but it was still a fantastic closer that brought absolutely everything - thematically or otherwise - full circle.

Plus Bane was friggin rad.
bd5.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users