• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#21 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

Sorry, bad wording on my part with the whole resembling thing, but yeah, I agree.
Gon scarred the kitten out of me during that arc :wot: That utter, blind rage... Still shuddering from that one episode.

Also, what reason is there that Hunter x Hunter 2011 has not been dubbed yet?

Lol it's fine, I was messing with you XD

Gon was pretty epic. Pitou ate kitten there XD it's funny, he would have been able to kill Murem before the explosion. I would have liked to have seen that fight. I'm not really sure why it doesn't have a dub, tbh.

So apparently kishimoto got "inspired" more like copied from HxH.
There's not an ounce of creativity in his body. :lmao:

Lol yep. Like I said, Sasuke is a ripoff of Kurapika and Killua, the Uchiha are a ripoff of Kurapika's family, Orochimaru is a ripoff of Hisoka, the Akatsuki is a ripoff from a group you'll see later in, the chunin exam is a ripoff of the Hunter exam, A's lightning is "inspired" from Killua's abilities etc. the sad thing is I'm probably missing a bunch lol

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#22 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:04 PM

Lol it's fine, I was messing with you XD

Gon was pretty epic. Pitou ate kitten there XD it's funny, he would have been able to kill Murem before the explosion. I would have liked to have seen that fight. I'm not really sure why it doesn't have a dub, tbh.
Lol yep. Like I said, Sasuke is a ripoff of Kurapika and Killua, the Uchiha are a ripoff of Kurapika's family, Orochimaru is a ripoff of Hisoka, the Akatsuki is a ripoff from a group you'll see later in, the chunin exam is a ripoff of the Hunter exam, A's lightning is "inspired" from Killua's abilities etc. the sad thing is I'm probably missing a bunch lol

Oh, I'm bad at reading sarcasm sometimes XD

Chimera Ant Arc

That's just weird... I'm pretty sure fans would dig the anime on western TV. The old version got dubbed after all. And Togashi made himself famous with YuYu Hakusho from the nineties in the western.

Maybe Netero= Hokage the 3rd? Prob a bit farfetched, lol.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#23 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

That awesome HunterxHunter hiatus chart (especially since 2006)

640px-Hiatus_Chart.png

No wonder it took him a decade to write the chimera ant arc.

Edited by trang95, 20 July 2015 - 04:07 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#24 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

This is my favorite shounen manga and has one of the best arcs ever written (Chimera Ant Arc). I love HxH!

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#25 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

This is my favorite shounen manga and has one of the best arcs ever written (Chimera Ant Arc). I love HxH!

Then make Togashi get back to work on HxH :argh: ! I'd like to finish the anime with knowing that the manga is on-going (at least for a short time T_T )

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#26 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:53 PM

Then make Togashi get back to work on HxH :argh: ! I'd like to finish the anime with knowing that the manga is on-going (at least for a short time T_T )

I'm pretty sure actually that 2011 cuts off a bit while the manga keeps going, there's a new arc ongoing in the manga and its looking to be really good.

EXL5X4B.png

#27 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

Uggggghhhh. I can't deal sometimes. Like I understand the man has a lot of pride, but you have to take your fans into consideration, and how much you love your story. Like if you really want for your story to get out there, you would be willing to do anything, even hire people to draw the story for you.  

I'm not trying to infer that he doesn't like his own story, but I don't think he's doing enough to continue it. I understand the poor guy is hurting, but that's the exact reason why he should let someone else draw it and focus on his health.

Squad Roll call :

#28 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

Like I want to point something out here: Both D. Gray Man AND Beserk are finally coming back after years of absence. It just makes HxH look even more hopeless at this point.

Squad Roll call :

#29 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

I'm pretty sure actually that 2011 cuts off a bit while the manga keeps going, there's a new arc ongoing in the manga and its looking to be really good.

So I heard. I think it's called the Dark Continent Arc. Oh well, at least I have like 10 chapters left.

Uggggghhhh. I can't deal sometimes. Like I understand the man has a lot of pride, but you have to take your fans into consideration, and how much you love your story. Like if you really want for your story to get out there, you would be willing to do anything, even hire people to draw the story for you.  

I'm not trying to infer that he doesn't like his own story, but I don't think he's doing enough to continue it. I understand the poor guy is hurting, but that's the exact reason why he should let someone else draw it and focus on his health.

Everyone would be happy if he just hired someone else to draw for him, but since he's never taken on any assistants so far, I doubt that will ever happen (that someone is rumored to be his wife Naoko Takeuchi, but I don't buy that, lol). Also, he's getting old- I think he's approaching the age of 50 now? Though he'll prob live another twenty to forty years, I just don't see the pacing picking up as time goes on with his health slowly deteriorating.

I'd like to think to myself that he's taking all this sweet time to research and carefully craft the new plot line for the dark continent w/out SJ getting on his ass all the time.

Like I want to point something out here: Both D. Gray Man AND Beserk are finally coming back after years of absence. It just makes HxH look even more hopeless at this point.

July-The Month of Return.

At least from Berserk, I can expect some glorious artwork.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#30 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

I'm sorry. What is Chimera Ant Arc? :headscratch: Does the anime that was made by SP years ago has it?

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#31 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

So I heard. I think it's called the Dark Continent Arc. Oh well, at least I have like 10 chapters left.

Everyone would be happy if he just hired someone else to draw for him, but since he's never taken on any assistants so far, I doubt that will ever happen (that someone is rumored to be his wife Naoko Takeuchi, but I don't buy that, lol). Also, he's getting old- I think he's approaching the age of 50 now? Though he'll prob live another twenty to forty years, I just don't see the pacing picking up as time goes on with his health slowly deteriorating.

I'd like to think to myself that he's taking all this sweet time to research and carefully craft the new plot line for the dark continent w/out SJ getting on his ass all the time.

July-The Month of Return.

At least from Berserk, I can expect some glorious artwork.

Actually that's not a rumor! That's how he met his wife! :D  She was one of his only assistants back in the day.  

But speaking on her what is she doing??? Their kids should be in high school now, and she hasn't done anything since Sailor Moon. At least Hideaki Anno's wife, Moyoko, STILL creates a lot of manga (and is one of my inspirations). 

But yeah, just because he still has years doesn't mean his back won't give out on him. I just hate the thought of him retiring or dying and HxH never gets resolved. Like I really like him and his work but things aren't looking better.

Squad Roll call :

#32 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

I'm sorry. What is Chimera Ant Arc? :headscratch: Does the anime that was made by SP years ago has it?

Nope. The 1999 version does not contain the Chimera Ant Arc (which I'd like to say is one of the best shounen arcs I've ever seen).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#33 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:03 PM

It's the infamous arc that took 2-3 years to finish due to hiatus. But it's also one of the best written arcs in any shounen. It's when they have to fight the Ant King who basically extremely overpowered. It's in the 2011 version. 

Squad Roll call :

#34 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:44 PM

Nope. The 1999 version does not contain the Chimera Ant Arc (which I'd like to say is one of the best shounen arcs I've ever seen).

It's the infamous arc that took 2-3 years to finish due to hiatus. But it's also one of the best written arcs in any shounen. It's when they have to fight the Ant King who basically extremely overpowered. It's in the 2011 version.

Thank you! It sounds so good :lol: Too bad I don't really have time to watch anime anymore :sweat:

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#35 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

The Chimera Ant arc is good, but I don't think it's as good as the Marineford Arc in OP, and it might be right around Enies Lobby and Dressrosa arc in OP as well. It's definitely good though.

EXL5X4B.png

#36 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:29 AM

what the actual sh-t.

The chunnin exam is just like the Hunter Exam! Identical!

LMFAOOO Kishi, you are a scam bruh.

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#37 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:37 AM

what the actual sh-t.

The chunnin exam is just like the Hunter Exam! Identical!

LMFAOOO Kishi, you are a scam bruh.

Yup. Similarities are undeniable. Hunter Exam is just the smarter version out of the two.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#38 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:44 AM

Are you watching the 2011 version? Who's your favorite character?

I really like Kurapika, Sasuke original concept done right

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#39 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:30 AM

Yup. Similarities are undeniable. Hunter Exam is just the smarter version out of the two.

You can say that again. :zaru:

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#40 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:50 AM

You can say that again. :zaru:

It's sad when you see that Kishi's best arc's original idea didn't even came from him

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hiatus x Hiatus, Better than Naruto, oh look a real friendship, way better than Naruto, Kishi literally took from this, like no lie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users