122 replies to this topic

#41 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

for me Sakura represented the growth a normal person from only looking at things superficially, like chasing after a boy because of his looks, clan name and talent alone, and becoming a Ninja (a job) because it sounded cool and follow your friends, even thinking how cool it would be to if you had no rules growing up and can do whatever you want.

Then to grow up, realising there is more to person than just their outside appearance, and judge a person for who they are and not what they are, realising that being a Ninja is not a joke, and you not taking it seriously, puts others at a disadvantage, and they have to work harder to to bring up the slack, and finally realise the importance of family, and not to take them for granted. These are the things most of us learnt when we entered adulthood and Sakura was the representation of that growth.

I don't think a lot of the readers (that hated her) ever understood that, for them, they just saw the first few scenes (made worst in the anime) and judged her for the rest of the series, and I think to a certain extent Kishi (or his editor) encouraged this behaviour from her, like her confession, but not showing the resolution, her unlocking her potential and then requiring to be saved straight away, etc,because as sad as it is, even negativity can work in your favour for a medium as it drives discussion amongst fans, and keeps the series relevant for longer.

I could be wrong here, the trouble wasn't Sakura's characters negativity, but the Hinata hardcore fanbase, they had her on a pedestal and any negativity on her character would be ignored and not be tolerated, they refuse to acknowledge that her knowing that Naruto was being mistreated as a kid, and all he wanted was a friend, yet never doing anything about it, is a big stain on her character, that her obsession with Naruto was not healthy, her actions put not only her but her teammates at risks, and showed that even if she says she acknowledges Naruto she doesn't have the same level of faith in his strength that Sakura does,. Hinata's first action would be to stand in front of him to protect him, Sakura on the other hand believed in him or would stand beside him, or behind him ready to offer support. I think they were more afraid of the Hinata fanbase than the Sakura fanbase backlash.

iAnby7W.gif

#42 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

Exactly, A lot of her haters only see what they WANT TO SEE at a superficial level, and don't bother to think at how characters actually develop

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#43 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:49 PM

The character of Sakura wasn't perfect. She had a flaw which was Sasuke. Kishi could have written a more perfect female character to be with Naruto, but Hinata was never really even an option to be with Naruto.

#44 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:49 PM

The character of Sakura wasn't perfect. She had a flaw which was Sasuke. Kishi could have written a more perfect female character to be with Naruto, but Hinata was never really even an option to be with Naruto.

Her not being perfect was part of her charm, it made her more real, someone who was rough around the edges, even Sasuke was not a issue, it was her not growing out of that phase of her life, that was the issue...and why? Because according to Kishi she'd be seen as a bad person if she moved on from someone she liked when she was a under ten years old. 

I might have been ok with Hinata, if it wasn't painfully obvious that they never developed their relationship at all in the time they had a chance to, and even them getting together had to break the canon history to make plausible. I got over the fact that Orihime and Ichigo got together because the manga showed Rukia and Ichigo growing apart when he lost his power, and Orihime grow up to be something more than just someone who said 'Kurusaki-kun' all the time.

iAnby7W.gif

#45 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:26 PM

It’s simple, really. Kishimoto failed to make a good first impression. And a good second impression. And a good third impression. And a good fourth impression.... so on, so on. A good impression would be to show the Sakura who fought Sasori. The one who was determined to overcome her obstacles, to better herself, who wasn’t about to stand by to the side and do nothing. She was strong, determined, useful, tactical, nimble in that fight. She wasn’t a crybaby, she wasn’t obsessed, or annoying. We got to see what she was truly capable of. Being a strong, worthy heroine who was not one to be trifled with.

#46 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

It’s simple, really. Kishimoto failed to make a good first impression. And a good second impression. And a good third impression. And a good fourth impression.... so on, so on. A good impression would be to show the Sakura who fought Sasori. The one who was determined to overcome her obstacles, to better herself, who wasn’t about to stand by to the side and do nothing. She was strong, determined, useful, tactical, nimble in that fight. She wasn’t a crybaby, she wasn’t obsessed, or annoying. We got to see what she was truly capable of. Being a strong, worthy heroine who was not one to be trifled with.

Impressions don't mean squat anymore. Hinata didn't make a good impression at all and she still doesn't and yet they love her. Impressions mean nothing if people only see what they want to like instead seeing a person for who they are and that's the sad thing.

Hinata actual first impression: Weak, obsessed, quiet, pathetic, selfish, and has no self-respect or love for herself.
Hinata's fan first impression: Strong, independant, loving, open, concious of other people, caring, and the most selfless person of the entire Naruto universe.

People only see what they want to see even if what they claim to see is confimed not to exist at all.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#47 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:58 PM

Impressions don't mean squat anymore. Hinata didn't make a good impression at all and she still doesn't and yet they love her. Impressions mean nothing if people only see what they want to like instead seeing a person for who they are and that's the sad thing.

Hinata actual first impression: Weak, obsessed, quiet, pathetic, selfish, and has no self-respect or love for herself.
Hinata's fan first impression: Strong, independant, loving, open, concious of other people, caring, and the most selfless person of the entire Naruto universe.

People only see what they want to see even if what they claim to see is confimed not to exist at all.

You forgot "professional stalker" on the list, James.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#48 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:49 PM

You forgot "professional stalker" on the list, James.

Well, I was being nice and looking at who she was a person and not what she does as a profession, but yeah that is one more to the list.

I still don't get why they call Sakura obsessive, but not Hinata. Yes, Sakura was obsessive over Sasuke. So was Naruto who was also and still is obsessive over Sasuke, but Hinata despite doing the exact same thing or worse is not obsessive? That's so weird to me.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#49 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:05 PM

Well, I was being nice and looking at who she was a person and not what she does as a profession, but yeah that is one more to the list.

I still don't get why they call Sakura obsessive, but not Hinata. Yes, Sakura was obsessive over Sasuke. So was Naruto who was also and still is obsessive over Sasuke, but Hinata despite doing the exact same thing or worse is not obsessive? That's so weird to me.

Sakura's idol crush (because let's be real, that's all it was) on Sasuke was nothing compared to Hinata who straight up stalked Naruto from the shadows.

#50 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:34 AM

Because Sakura was shown that side in a "loud" way. Hinata, however, was in "stealth" mode and her fans let that slide because she didn't let that "out in the open" unlike Sakura did.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#51 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:09 AM

Because Sakura was shown that side in a "loud" way. Hinata, however, was in "stealth" mode and her fans let that slide because she didn't let that "out in the open" unlike Sakura did.

Which is still a double standard, and also quite hypocritical in some areas too, Derock, considering that Hinata was worse about it. She was in a real position to help Naruto and she did jack and ****, and Jack left the building. Just using Naruto's sadness and how it motivated him just to motivate herself, which makes me reiterate the fact she isn't in love with Naruto, just the idea of this "proud failure" he can come off as, and how she needed him to remain that way or else she couldn't feel good about herself.

#52 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:18 AM

Which is still a double standard, and also quite hypocritical in some areas too, Derock, considering that Hinata was worse about it. She was in a real position to help Naruto and she did jack and ****, and Jack left the building. Just using Naruto's sadness and how it motivated him just to motivate herself, which makes me reiterate the fact she isn't in love with Naruto, just the idea of this "proud failure" he can come off as, and how she needed him to remain that way or else she couldn't feel good about herself.

Exactly. Not to mention she was supposed to be a minor character who wasn't involved with the entire plot. Because of the fans and behind the scenes on how they "see" in her, we gotten to this result in the end instead of those people should had shut their mouths and Hinata stayed in her goddamn lane.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#53 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:40 PM

the whole "Sakura Hate cult" and "Hinatatheism" were BUILT ON hypocrisy, double standards and seeing what one wants to see.

• Sakura  punches Naruto for misbehaving? "An abusive kitten she is!!!" BUT IF Hinata throws Nardo out of their house for being noisy? "OMG, WHAT A STRONG  TAKES NO S#%& WOMAN!!!! EXACTLY THE PERFECT WAIFU!!!!!!"
  • Sakura snaps Naruto out of his shell shock during the fight with the Fake Itachi with a light slap? "That ugly hoe was trying to break his neck!!" BUT IF Hinata does the same during the fight against Obito and Madara? "How romantic!!!! She was encouraging her husbando!!!!! They're a match made in heaven!!!!" 
  • Sakura heals Naruto's injured body from the Kurama level four transformation and laments to the point of tears that she can't do anything for Naruto except for that? "Oh psshh she was always useless, what else is new?" BUT IF Hinata gives Naruto a healing cream that that ANYONE CAN GIVE HIM and that he doesn't need after the match with Kiba? "*SQUEAL* she is so selfless!!! SO HELPFUL!!!! Naruto should totally tap her sweet @$$!!!"
  • Sakura hugs Naruto in front of the whole village? "It's just a sister hugging her brother, don't make a big deal out of it!" BUT IF Hinata crying to her self and thinking she is relieved he is safe or, hypothetically, SHE WAS THE ONE hugging him? "*HEART ATTACK* she was so worried about Naruto!!!!!! they are totally getting married next chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And I WISH I was exaggerating on those points, but well, eveyone on this site has witnessed that first hand at one point or another, didn't they? :ermm:

Admittedly though, I am being somewhat sarcastic and exaggerated with some of those comments, but the point stands

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 February 2019 - 03:16 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#54 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

Exactly. Not to mention she was supposed to be a minor character who wasn't involved with the entire plot. Because of the fans and behind the scenes on how they "see" in her, we gotten to this result in the end instead of those people should had shut their mouths and Hinata stayed in her goddamn lane.

Which is why Naruto has one of the weakest endings I've seen for an anime/manga since Negima!, even if Negima! creator Ken Akamatsu is explaining some of that in his current series UQ Holder, I wish he had explained it in Negima! itself.

#55 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:51 PM

I don't see why Sakura is hated yet other tsunderes are beloved.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#56 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:32 AM

I hear that!

#57 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:22 AM

The other tsundere is actually hate, but the difference is the love outnumber the hate.

The same can't be said with sakura, who get hate because of personality, character relationship, and character role.

Another thing is sakura is not tsundere enough for otaku to said Kawai or more. So she lack moe factor that make Asuka ultra popular.

I mean sakura is not popular enough among Fangirl. I blame them for not supporting sakura and narusaku.

#58 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:00 PM

The other tsundere is are actually hate, but the difference is the love outnumber(s) the hate.

The same can't be said with sakura, who get hate because of personality, character relationship, and character role.

Another thing is sakura is not tsundere enough for otaku to said Kawai or more. So she lack moe factor that make Asuka ultra popular.

I mean sakura is not popular enough among Fangirl. I blame them for not supporting sakura and narusaku.

Asuka from Neon Evangelion? She people are pretty divisive about her. She has a people that hate her too for the same reason as Sakura, and I wouldn't call her super popular. Why she isn't hated as loudly as Sakura is again because she was on prime time toonami, Evangelion from what I recall was on late night adult swim. Also Naruto is seemed as mainstream schlock while Evangelion is seen as an intellectual anime.

Otaku...in Japan or in the States? In Japan, it was known she was more popular then Hinata. In the states, the problem was the Hinata fanatics were able to take control and become the voice of the Naruto fanbase. Which has clearly backfired.

#59 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:49 PM

@bail

Yes, Asuka from Evangelion. She has big hater but her fan is much more. Asuka is popular and considered how popular Evangelion, i think it's safe to say she's popular. After all she's tsundere champion and otaku waifu.
https://aramajapan.c...opular-2/11889/

Otaku in Japan. I Will call foreignner as weeb.
I think if she's popular, she Will not be place behind Hinata in the last jump popularity poll.

#60 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

Not to mention, people are attracted to Asuka's self-confident persona. It even goes to the point that they fail to notice that she's the emo one who mopes a lot during the later portion of the series, as Shinji only really breaks at the end (part of the point, as well as the fact he's been groomed for this role). Plus Asuka gets that kickass battle with the MP Evas and (in the Western fandom) was generally more popular than Japan's waifu Rei.

Granted, the Western anime community was a lot different back in those days. It actually surprises me how comparatively little fanfiction something like Konosuba has. Eva was a lot more liked back then whereas now if you say you like it, in some places you will be seen as a snob. Actually once had to explain to someone just how influential it was, as this person thought it changed anime by being so off-putting. Too overly complex with little reason as they put it.

I actually think Gundam Reconguista in G would have been a little better reviewed back then. Nowadays  I get the impression people just want things to be very straightforward with strong pandering. Maybe something that makes that them feel smart even if the show explains it through excessive exposition. The fact people tried to push Aldnoah Zero, one of the most stereotypical mecha shows I have ever seen, as groundbreaking is beyond belief.

Edited by RulesofNature, 20 July 2018 - 04:55 PM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users