Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (Merger Knight @ Mar 31 2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't think we did that much bashing here to begin with

I'd like to point you in the direction of the archives.

#43 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:45 AM

So as soon as the deadline's over we'll just keep bashing?

I think you should extend the deadline a little bit. Maybe until ∞?

#44 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:20 AM

No, we'll just weed out the people who can only last a month and continue bashing afterward.

#45 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:29 AM

This is only one month and so far you guys are doing very well! a_thumbs.gif This will end at May 1st and we will be back to normal but only minor tone.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#46 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Apr 16 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is only one month and so far you guys are doing very well! a_thumbs.gif This will end at May 1st and we will be back to normal but only minor tone.

Wow! wow.png I hope many members improved in this, and maybe, this would continue onwards. smile.gif

#47 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Froot @ Apr 15 2010, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So as soon as the deadline's over we'll just keep bashing?

I think you should extend the deadline a little bit. Maybe until ∞?

Such a thing should be completely unncessary. The members here should be mature enough to have the self-control to not bash even in the deadline lapses. If this is all that is holding people back then they aren't learning anything.

#48 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Mar 31 2010, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Smiter

You might want to add rules about spam too, since that seems to be a big problem lately as well. Oh, and quoting extremely long posts just to say 'I agree'. XD;;;

Thank you, Soupy.

I've pointed this out many times in different threads, since at least 3 different members do this to increase their post amount, and yet adding nothing relevant to the conversation at hand.

And thank you admin team for finally noting this. It's quite irritating to have to scroll down a page long quote to just read: "I agree".

Edited by Cloud, 18 April 2010 - 02:29 PM.

#49 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 18 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^That's why my post count has been freakin locked sometimes. You know that pisses me off, the mods/admins need to read my post, instead of only going by my name showing up on the home page. They might as well delete my Blog if it's considered spam and here i was willing to offer donations to support this site.

on a side note here's something i want to address:
To be honest with ya though, is it even necessary to write long post to begin with? Almost everyone i read, is restating what somebody else has already said or been mentioned before in half of the long post. Like during the Sakura confession chapter, people were saying the same thing over and over again in the long posts just worded different.

I also think if those who plan on doing long posts should write it out like an essay with a intro, thesis statement, body, and conclusion double spaced, so i can respectively read it without straining my eyes. I know a few members who are bad about doing long "cluster-blocks".

Come calm my friend. Mod/admins are doing the best they can but we cannot rely on them all the time. We members should our other members to account for their actions. At one point i almost got banned because I was acting like a fool, so I did some growing up and even took time away from the site. Now I'm welcome to say that I'm much better person right now. laugh.gif
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#50 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 18 2010, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They might as well delete my Blog if it's considered spam

You know posts in the funcafe don't count to your total right?

#51 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:45 AM

on a side note here's something i want to address:
To be honest with ya though, is it even necessary to write long post to begin with? Almost everyone i read, is restating what somebody else has already said or been mentioned before in half of the long post. Like during the Sakura confession chapter, people were saying the same thing over and over again in the long posts just worded different.

I also think if those who plan on doing long posts should write it out like an essay with a intro, thesis statement, body, and conclusion double spaced, so i can respectively read it without straining my eyes. I know a few members who are bad about doing long "cluster-blocks".

I'm not exactly sure how you can stop someone from writing a long post if they want to, or why you would want to in the first place. The same repetition could be the case of short posts as well, and you can't just ban posts because they seem repetitive, especially if it is being done during an extremely busy time (as it was in your example).

While I agree that long blocks of texts are really unattractive to read, it seems more likely to actually harm the writer more than anything. I will find myself skipping long blocks of text because I simply don't want to read them due to strain. So the author is the one who should change their form if they want more people to read it. If they don't, then that could lead to people not reading it. Doesn't need to be a rule though, I don't think. If someone wants to write a wall of text, then they may also suffer the consequence of no one reading it.

#52 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:53 AM

^That's why my post count has been freakin locked sometimes. You know that pisses me off, the mods/admins need to read my post, instead of only going by my name showing up on the home page. They might as well delete my Blog if it's considered spam and here i was willing to offer donations to support this site.

What the heck are you even talking about? Do you really think that we have the time, much less the pointless inclination to go around locking post counts? That doesn't even make sense. Threads in the Fun Cafe and i-Blog forum do not count to your post count, which you would know if you had read through the forum rules.

If the Blogs were considered spam then that entire forum would have been locked. And no one if forcing you to donate *anything*. The next time you want to get upset at the Mods for doing absolutely 'nothing' to you, please make sure that you have all your facts straight first.

#53 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:17 AM

I think as a precautionary measure maybe a note adding that no bashing also applies to Sakura. Thankfully, things have really improved lately on that, but there have been times where some really nasty bashing of Sakura has happened. The chapter 469 spoiler thread was probably the textbook example of this.

This is just my personal feelings about shipper bashing, bashing the manga's quality, etc... from now on, feel free to ignore:

I'd rather not discuss naruhina, sasusaku, sasunaru shippers at all. For me it's kind of annoying to read a bunch of posts saying- so and so naruhina/sasusaku/sasunaru shipper said this "...." . Honestly, I'm not interested, they are entitled to their interpretation and I'm glad they have their own forums, but it has no relevance for me. Plus it seems like what gets brought over here from those forums tends to be the most negative stuff.

I come here to read what other narusaku shippers are saying about narusaku. smile.gif The narusaku plotline and part 2's plotline about creating real lasting peace in the world are what interests me the most about this manga. The first engages my romantic side (and I know everyone here can relate to that, as we are all here because we ship narusaku.).

The second engages my intellectual side- because Kishimoto is treating the later concept quite seriously. I'm excited about where he's going with it, and like how he's really challenging the mindsets of readers with it. It has pleasantly surprised and excited me as a manga reader of many years. It's even made me stretch my mind a bit on the concept- in my heart I lean toward the hippie hearts and flowers concept of peace- which is usually how this plotline- when the writer is pro peace, is treated in manga (shonen, shoujo, seinen, or josei), but intellectually I've always been aware of the hard work that achieving peace actually takes. Reading this plotline has actually helped me bring those two things together in my mind, and made me see what a sharply observant person Kishimoto is.

Kishimoto taking on this concept as major plotline of part 2, along with the depth of character development for even support characters will be what makes this a classic manga that people will still be talking about 30 years from now. It has that same quality that Riyoko Ikeda's Rose of Versailles does- with it's serious treatment of the gross social class injustice in France caused the French Revolution, along with a realistic portrayal of the royalty- non demonizing, as well as the romance between Lady Oscar and Andre. Rather than a lessening of quality in part 2, I've seen a substantial jump. This actually happened in Rose of Versailles too- once Ikeda let the social class injustices play a central role in the plot, even overshadowing the growing romantic feelings of Lady Oscar and Andre- in a shoujo manga!
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#54 Kaiser-Uzumaki

Kaiser-Uzumaki

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

i'm in!! happy.gif
NO LIMITS!!!

#55 Naruto_Sage

Naruto_Sage

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:22 AM

Count me in

A LIVING LEGEND

#56 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:56 AM

im in i dont like being mean anyway biggrin.gif

#57 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

I am in! I generallly don't like those sort of things.

#58 ninextailxfox

ninextailxfox

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:19 AM

count me in
a strong man stands up for himself, an even stronger man stands up for others

#59 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Mar 30 2010, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay considering there has been an enforce of rule police lately and April is around the corner. I suggest all of NSers & H&E members can take this vow.

AS OF APRIL 1ST TO MAY 1ST THERE SHALL BE NO COMMENT, BASHING, THOUGHTS, OR BREATHING OF SS AND NH. ESPECIALLY ON POPULAR FORUMS: THE GREAT NS DEBATE AND CHAPTER PREDICTIONS, SPOILERS, & DISCUSSIONS. THEREFORE LET BE REMINDED THAT ON THIS FORUM I WILL DISCUSS RELEVANCE THAT DOESN'T CONCERN MYPAIRING RIVALS. HEAVEN & EARTH IS A PLACE WHERE AS A FELLOW NS CAN EXPLOIT THEMSELVES IN THE PAIRING THEY HAVE COME TO LOVE AND ADORE THROUGHOUT THE MANGA & ANIME. THUS ARE WILLING TO STICK BY THEM TO THE END. THIS WEBSITE ALSO SUPPORT AND DEVELOP NEW FRIENDSHIP AND MEET PEOPLE AROUND THE GLOBE WHO SHARE SIMILAR INTEREST AS ME. AS OF TODAY OF MARCH 29, 30, OR 3, I PLEDGE VOW TO MAY 1ST OF 2010!

So who's with me? laugh.gif

YES!
Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#60 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

Sure why not I think this is a great idea.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users