• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#21 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

Spice and Wolf II 5
Spice and Wolf II 6
Spice and Wolf II 7
Spice and Wolf II 8
Spice and Wolf II 9

#22 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

Downloaded every episode from the subber! This show is just pure awesome! a_spaz.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#23 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

Spice and Wolf II 10

#24 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:13 PM

Horo wow.png

#25 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (True @ Sep 11 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Horo wow.png

Totally! wow.png

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#26 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:25 AM

Spice and Wolf II 11
Spice and Wolf II 12 Final

The fat lady has sung for this season. No word on a Season III yet, that I've heard or read about.

I'm gonna miss Horo.

#27 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:19 AM

Totally gonna miss her too! shamefulcry0js.gif Now I'll have to wait for season 3 or book 5 and above to get translated! arg.gif

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#28 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:25 AM

Well, at least some form of attraction has been -officially- expressed now. Small consolation, considering it's the end of the season.

#29 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, you're right. Tho I'm not sure was that a normal kiss at the end or the wolf version where they touch each others noses?

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#30 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:59 PM

The way her eyes went wide for a moment, I'd like to think it was the actual thing.

#31 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:37 PM

I realize that this season was about romantic development, but I was disappointed in the lack of action.

Last season there was her Wolf form and running fast and generally less of the back and forth feelings of the two being like, "Oh I like you, but I have to leave, no I don't, yes I do, no I don't, WAHHHHHHH!"

I still watched it and I liked the first arc for it's Pyrite sale thingy, but I hope S3 has more action. >.< (And more Horo being BA. She was a bit of a whiner this Season. =/ Just sayin'.)
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#32 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

I still need to watch the last few episodes. I haven't watched any anime in a few weeks as of late.

Anywho though I'd like to share an interesting article I found on the author of S&W and their financial portfolio.
source
Spice and Wolf author Hasekura Isuna has sighted some discussion online about his investments and he has decided to divulge his portfolio on his blog.

His current assets:
# 87% Stock investments
# 5% Gold investments
# 8% Cash

He has been keeping the ratios relatively the same ever since his debut. His current stock investments consist of 57% Hong Kong, 30% Japan and 13% New York, and his unrealized profits over the past 3 years is approximately 15%.

The bank where he frequents had something where they offered to give financial advice for free, and when he gave the breakdown of his current assets, the lady said “I think you’re taking way too much risk with that amount of money (;;;゚Д゚)”

and then she continued saying

“I really want to help you to better utilize your available assets, but stuff like returns from insurance products…… you’re probably not interested in any of that with your current situation (;;;;゚Д゚)”

His largest unrealized loss was around 15,000,000 yen (US$164,000) from one type of stock (about 60%, around October 2008), but it managed to go back up again.

Breakdown of his portfolio:

Hong Kong market
# HYSAN DEV (0014.HK)
# CHAODA MODERN (0682.HK)
# LIFESTYLE INT’L (1212.HK)
# ICBC (1398.HK)
# CMOC (3993.HK)

Japan market
# J-Com Co., Ltd. (2462:Tokyo Stock Exchange)
# Ajis Co. Ltd. (4659:Japan OTC Market (JASDAQ))
# Simplex WTI ETF (1671/O)

New York market
# China Mobile Ltd. (ADR) (Public, NYSE:CHL)
# BHP Billiton Limited (ADR) (Public, NYSE:BHP)

He says the Hong Kong market and BHP Billiton has been his top gainers so far. (but he’s not trying to recommend any particular stock to anyone)

He also comments that he’s practically thinking about money matters everyday, and he likes it so much that it was why he became the story writer for the Billionaire girl manga in good! Afternoon.

Also, translating listed stock is probably in my personal top ten rankings of meaningless posts.
Holy kitten I have a new found respect for the guy after seeing this. As an economics major I'd NEVER think of finding an economical related series and in which the author himself has a great amount of devotion and knowledge towards it. Truly some awesome stuff!

#33 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:57 AM

Some funny short specials from the DVD translated by Mazui
Spice and Wolf II Special 1
Spice and Wolf II Special 2

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#34 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Sep 30 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I realize that this season was about romantic development, but I was disappointed in the lack of action.

Last season there was her Wolf form and running fast and generally less of the back and forth feelings of the two being like, "Oh I like you, but I have to leave, no I don't, yes I do, no I don't, WAHHHHHHH!"

I still watched it and I liked the first arc for it's Pyrite sale thingy, but I hope S3 has more action. >.< (And more Horo being BA. She was a bit of a whiner this Season. =/ Just sayin'.)

I'm the exact opposite. I *much* preferred this season as they actually focused on the main characters feelings and interactions with each other, and didn't waste/spend as much time running around all crazy like they did in the first season. And I didn't find Horo being any less 'BA' in this season, or thought that she was being whiny either.

#35 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Dec 21 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm the exact opposite. I *much* preferred this season as they actually focused on the main characters feelings and interactions with each other, and didn't waste/spend as much time running around all crazy like they did in the first season.

I couldn't agree more.

Edited by Shadow-kun, 21 December 2009 - 09:54 PM.

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users