True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:50 PM

"Refreshed" DBZ TV Airing In Japan!
VegettoEX @ 9:20 am EST -- Forget the American live-action movie... this is perhaps the biggest news to hit since DragonBall GT ended in Japan back in 1997! We've heard rumblings since last month about this on our forum via our new-favorite-inside-source "Wasted Wisher", but now that Jump confirms it, I think we all feel a little more comfortable sharing the information (due to it being so strange-yet-incredible).
Another big thanks to kei17 over in Japan for the Jump scan and translation/information. Let's just break it down clearly and quickly for you, since I'm pretty sure that we can all barely contain our excitement:

The DBZ TV series is receiving an extensive "refresh" for Japanese television airing
This is a celebration of the 20th anniversary of DBZ

1. While based on the original animation production, it is being updated with new technology
  2. This includes extending the frames for formatting on an HD 16:9 display (note: not cropping the image)
  3. The original Japanese cast is re-grouping to re-voice the show (where available, and unfortunately not including those that have passed on, such as Hirotaka Suzuoki [Tenshinhan])
  4. Sound effects are being updated
  5. Unlike the general show, the OPs and EDs are being completely redone
  6. While not in the above announcement, other reports are noting that the number of episodes is being reduced from 291 to approximately 100

This begins 05 April 2009 @ 9 am

Source

HOLY kitten I am looking forward to this. Most of the original voice cast is returning. No fillers and waiting 10 episodes for a fight to finish when they only have 5 minutes (lol Namek). The OP's and ED's are begin redone? HELLZ YES! And Oh my God its playing in HD? Goku going Super Saiyan? Gohan going Super Saiyan 2? *Droooooooooooooooooooooool*

April is going to be awesome. Seriously inner fanboy is about to explode. TOO EPIC FOR WORDS.

Stay tuned for "ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BALL Z" starting April 5th!

#2 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

GOD YES, I WANT THIS!!
*fanboys*

Never mind Full Metal Alchemist reboots or other shows, THIS is where it's at! I'm so going to enjoy this!!

#3 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

Wait isn't this just remastering the originals with new op and ed's? guess its cool.... The openings are probably gonna be similar to the new game openers.... And what's to re-voice? Or are they re-animating everything? I'm confused that bottom part isn't very particular.... But if that's the case. Count me in as super duper excited!!!!!!! On a side note I didn't knkow Tien's voice actor passed on... that's why he wasn't in the new OVA... sad.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#4 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

The OVA, live action movie, now this?

Why do i get the feeling they are going to make a new series?

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#5 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Feb 6 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The OVA, live action movie, now this?

Why do i get the feeling they are going to make a new series?

Because, with the failing global economy the world needs Super Saiyan 5! laugh.gif

And I am aware that's not what this announcement says is happening.

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 6 2009, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Refreshed" DBZ TV Airing In Japan!

Source

HOLY kitten I am looking forward to this. Most of the original voice cast is returning. No fillers and waiting 10 episodes for a fight to finish when they only have 5 minutes (lol Namek). The OP's and ED's are begin redone? HELLZ YES! And Oh my God its playing in HD? Goku going Super Saiyan? Gohan going Super Saiyan 2? *Droooooooooooooooooooooool*

April is going to be awesome. Seriously inner fanboy is about to explode. TOO EPIC FOR WORDS.

No filler? Hold on. When they said the remake of the series from what they are saying, they meant the ENTIRE series (that means the 10 episodes of the 5 minute fight and other fillers, such as Garlic Jr. return saga). They are basically HD-ing the whole series with updated animation.

Now, I want better news (like an announcement of the US HD version! Now that's what I want to hear wow.png )

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:58 PM

Well as stated above, there are reports of the number of episodes shrinking from 291 to 100. They would have to remake the series to do that.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#8 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

Ooh, what fun! Explosions, one sided fights, beam spam, lots of yelling...

I don't know why, but I love it all! laugh.gif

I hope they update some of the original music, besides the openings and endings. It could use with some tweaking, as it's certainly showing it's age by now.

#9 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 6 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No filler? Hold on. When they said the remake of the series from what they are saying, they meant the ENTIRE series (that means the 10 episodes of the 5 minute fight and other fillers, such as Garlic Jr. return saga). They are basically HD-ing the whole series with updated animation.

Now, I want better news (like an announcement of the US HD version! Now that's what I want to hear wow.png )

The rebroadcast will feature the "latest digital technology" for HD remastering, new versions of the opening and ending themes with re-recorded sound and re-edited animation

Source

I figure they're going to fine tune it so the animation looks more uptodate 21st century style and take out the pointless wind blowing, staring down, screaming for hours, and other stuff that dragged it out.

I think its only a matter of time for it to come to the U.S. later on since DBZ has had a huge impact on the anime fandom. Though I don't think they'll have the same seiyuus since Engilsh ones tend to move on after they are done a project, while Japanese ones are very committed to theirs. Either way if it does come to the U.S. I'd definitely buy the box sets for sure!

#10 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Feb 6 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooh, what fun! Explosions, one sided fights, beam spam, lots of yelling...

I don't know why, but I love it all! laugh.gif

I hope they update some of the original music, besides the openings and endings. It could use with some tweaking, as it's certainly showing it's age by now.

Oh definitely... it's just that sometimes watching a fight that extends for episodes on end when it's supposed to be a short time period (aka Namek) gets a little tiring. But I'm excited to see the updates nonetheless! And yes, the music needs updating too! While it may seem cool at that time, now it just sounds old so it'd be nice if they fixed it up.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#11 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:04 AM

Interesting. This will definetely be worth checking out, and I also hope that the music is being redone. However, I think the 100 episodes thing sounds kind of weird... Even if DBZ was shortened to a reasonable pace, it seems like it would still be over a hundred eps.

#12 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:27 AM

cool, i wonder how it'll turnout, i'll keep an eye on this.

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 6 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Source

I figure they're going to fine tune it so the animation looks more uptodate 21st century style and take out the pointless wind blowing, staring down, screaming for hours, and other stuff that dragged it out.

I think its only a matter of time for it to come to the U.S. later on since DBZ has had a huge impact on the anime fandom. Though I don't think they'll have the same seiyuus since Engilsh ones tend to move on after they are done a project, while Japanese ones are very committed to theirs. Either way if it does come to the U.S. I'd definitely buy the box sets for sure!

I highly doubt that English voiceovers will move on. Funimation dub actors are still active for this series, since we still get DB series games. Once they get the news, probably at least later this year to early next year, they will jump to work on it, immediately.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#14 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

HOMG!
Cool!
Must see!

#15 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

@_____________@ I can't wait to see promo art.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#16 Tai001

Tai001

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

I can't wait to be able to see this. Dragon Ball Z without filler? Woot! Though it will be sad to see that funny little cricket taken out, as he was not in the manga, though I hope they maken an exception for him. But I will NOT miss the 20 episode long fights. Seeing them much shorter will be so much better.

But the best part is that this will be a true widescreen, and not a cropped version like with the Funimation Box-sets. While I wasn't completely annoyed by the cropping, I could easily understand why many others were. So having Dragon Ball Z in true widescreen take care of this problem for certain. Hopefully the first series will get this treatment in the future as well.

Edited by Tai001, 07 February 2009 - 09:37 PM.

#17 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

OMG GUIS THIS WAS MY FIRST ANIME.

I...I... *CRIES HAPPY FOREVER*

arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif

omg holy fudgepopsicles thank you tru for letting us know, and kei17 for confirming and japan for being so damn awesome I MUST BREED WITH A JAPANESE ANIMATOR LIEK NAO. D8

GAHGAHGAH i'm seriously psyched about this even if i'm late on the uptake 8D dbz was THE anime that got me into anime and it also got me into drawing too wow.png

i remember using those bulding muscles, that flesh-searing hair, and the perfectly did eyebrows as reference with my little artist heart ;__;

SERIOUSLY WE SHOULD WATCH THESE TOGETHER.

I-- JUST--

*INCOHERENT KEYBOARD SMASHINGS*

btw sweet! i wont have to watch the japanese version of dbz now! YAY REPHRESH |D

QUOTE (True @ Feb 6 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

!

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Feb 7 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@_____________@ I can't wait to see promo art.

me neither doode.... *A*

#18 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 6 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because, with the failing global economy the world needs Super Saiyan 5! laugh.gif

OMG LOL! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

TRUNKS HERE I COME <33333333333333333333333333333333333333

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! HD VEGETA PINK! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
Tsu.gif

#19 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

DBZ and Cowboy Bebop were the first two anime that I ever really watched and paid attention to.

I definitely can't wait.

#20 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Looking forward to it! Looks to be my favorite of Spring 2009 anime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users