Heir to the Kitsune

Like Father Like Son: Beginning

Like Father Like Son 2: My Home is Your Home

Falling and then Life goes on

The Fourth's Family

Musuko

Baby Troubles

A Growing Love

And that's about it. My fics have to have romance (more than action) I like Fourth stories, has nothing to do with romance, but the drama and anticipation is brilliant!

#22 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:29 PM

yeah, i like romantic fics too... *sees crowd staring at him.* omfg.gif a_shifty.gif what? a guy can't be romantic?

#23 Yori Uzumaki

Yori Uzumaki

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:45 AM

Oh and I also like

Training for the Job

Pink Fox

Pink Destiny

Lullaby and Goodnight

Boys Really Are a Lot Of Trouble

The Demon's Rein

Once again, action, romance, and humor.

#24 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:41 AM

love and hate.
the fox who lives in.
sadness in life

i like these fic

I be there in 2 months YAAY!

#25 Vivi

Vivi

Dr. Snakes

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:47 AM

Nobody like Demon's Glory? :shamefulcry0js:

#26 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:13 AM

Hmmm.... my favorite fanfics...

The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto.

Honestly that the only one I religously follow....

Oh wait a minute, I like Different Beginning.

Those two are pretty damn good.

#27 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:21 PM

I think one of the best things about fanfiction is that you can write in romances that aren't necessarily developed (or even apparent!) in the original canon. I love romance. I rarely click on a fic if it doesn't have a pairing stated in the summary or romance as the genre. So I'd have to say my favourite stories are ones that develop a believable or interesting romance between two characters.

I like fluff, but I can't stand instant romance, or a relationship that comes out of nowhere. By the same token I don't like characters suddenly realising feelings for someone and then acting out of character due to these instant emotions. I read Sasusaku when I have time (because it's not going to happen in canon, I can consider it crack!) but far too often authors have Sasuke suddenly coming to terms with his feelings and showering Sakura in affection.

Narusaku-wise, I haven't actually read that much, but I recall all of sharingank's stories as good reading; Kit Spooner's 30 Kisses were wonderfully done; Fear the Fall by Inofan was off to a great start; and M. Alicia Garcia's The Grace of the Moments was a beautiful read as well.

#28 Lackey_h

Lackey_h

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:29 PM

What fics do i like... ohh... hell... difficult question... Especially since i read through, what, something like three or four different ones a day minimum? (yes, i have no life. I know, i know... Well what else am i supposed to do durign my holidays dammit?)

Top of the list are probably... In no particular order:

The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto - Dunno why i like this one since it contains a bunch of stuff i hate in a fic... but at the same time it just seems to drag me in anyway. Weird. (possibly 'cuz i'm a horrible WoW playing Geek and find some references frikkin' hilarious. Damn me.)

Team 8 - Good god, if there was ever a better example of 'Naruto on a different Team' done perfectly RIGHT then... then... well... there just isn't a better one.

For the Love of My Friends - If Team 8 was a shining example of one type of Narutofic plot, then this is the ultimate example of the 'Naruto goes back in time/gets a second chance' plotline. Again, i can't think of better in this category...

Training for the Job - ... Look, if you don't already know this one then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN HERE? That's all that needs to be said XD Awesomeness be it.

From Ramen with Love - Another shining example, this time Haremfic. Read it 'tis fun. Poor Naruto though, poor, poor Naruto.

Foxhound - Not the best fic around, it's dead, quite a lot of godmoding Naruto at points... buuuuut... it does get major props for one helluva awesome mega-rant against Kakashi in the last chapter XD Seriously, if nothing else read the last chapter and skim down to Naruto practically ripping him a new one XD

finally...

Suiren - Unfortunately also dead, but i loved this... Also it was by my hero, Eimii... who admittedly was a very lazy hero... but my hero nonetheless! (she got me into fics in the first place, though it was with her Ranma/AMG fusion 'Shattered hearts on the road' which died i think. Bah.) Basically it's... Sakura. Kicking ass. That's all.

Thats all my big favorites... Though there are a lot of smaller fics which are looking interesting and seem to have potential to be my favorites... As well as a crapload of smaller fics (Catch 22 springs to mind) which i love but don't seem appropriate to put here XD

#29 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:54 PM

Suiren isn't dead, it's just under revision, from what I understand. At least, it's being posted (in installments) to a fanfiction mailing list I lurk on for revision prior to the completion of the next chapter, according to the author. I've never read it, myself. (What are pairings, if any? I tend not to read a fic unless I know for sure what the pairings are, since I've been whammed one too many times by people who throw me for a loop with pairings half-way through)

And, while I appreciate the praise, this website was around longer then Training has been.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#30 Lackey_h

Lackey_h

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:20 PM

Suiren is under revision? Holy hell o.o Good gravy. -many other statements of disbelief-

Then again, knowing Eimii's track record, i'ma not gonna hold my breath for that one XD ... well, okay, maybe a little. But not enough to die. Unless i can come back as a zombie, in which case i will.

Suiren doesn't seem to have any particular pairings yet, though it does seem to be having strong Saku/Naru hints at times.

And as to my comment on your fic, it was meant to be taken in a more 'You call yourself a NaruSaku fan and haven't read this yet?' kind of way. XD

Hrm. Mebbe i should go seeking paragons of each individual pairing. Hrm.

#31 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:00 AM

Well lackey's mentioned 3 that I rather do like (Foxhound, Suiren and Training for the Job), so here's a few that come to mind.

'Deus Ex Machina': prologue, additional snippet by Kraken's Ghost
This, in my honest opinion, is the best base setting of a time-travel Naruto / madness!Naruto I'd ever read. It has the alternate characterisation I'd wish I could pen and the story premise I wish I thought of (as in; physically time-travelling and not merging with past-self). *Sigh* Now if only Kraken can keep writing it.
Here's two snippets of his Foxhounds Chapter 10: Snippet 1 Snippet 2(his famous series that he admitted to giving up or putting on indefinite hiatus).

Girl Talk by sna
I would also recommend this. An easy, humorous read of the kunoichi's of Konoha.

Throwing Away by Un-usuality
This is a pretty good and well-written piece of Naru/Shizu with angst ahoy. And no, it's really not a Sakura-bashing piece if you bare with it.

Youth is Wasted on the Young by Hawk
A well-written AU Naru/Tsunade. I personally hope he updates with a second chapter soon.
And because of a certain somone linking this fic to me, he's getting first dibs on my Naru/Anko fic. You know who you are. tongue.gif

And that's about all the ones I can currently think of which is related to the Naruto-genre.

#32 tombadgerlock

tombadgerlock

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:34 AM

The life of uzumaki naruto which is a story where Naruto gets blind early one. So far it's a good beginning, but that may change

Fox identity, a very good fic but probably abandonned.

Red crow's second chance

Flashfyre's genin, htough it has been taken off the site.

Garret pi's fic, but it abandonned.

Anything by Geno calamari.

That's all i can think of right now , but that may change soon :-)

#33 Lackey_h

Lackey_h

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:57 PM

I remember once reading this MOST AWESOME Gaara/Sakura fic on ff.net waaaay back ('bout two, three years ago?) but it isn't there anymore.

Curses.

Well, okay, it probably got removed for having some adult situations and dirty humor in places (touch, but don't rub) XD Wish i could find somewhere that still has it... (i think it was also written by a pro author who did it for something to get their mind off their work for a bit)

#34 Yori Uzumaki

Yori Uzumaki

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 04:51 PM

Falling then life goes on
This fanfic was quite ooc, but it was an ooc that makes you laugh pretty hard. It is intended or so the author says, that it will be NaruSaku.

Heir to the Kitsune
This one is byfar my favorite NaruSaku fic since no one writes a fanfiction on Naruto and Sakura having a baby. And it was well written and Naruto having to deal with Sakura's parents was kind of funny. But I give this fic a 9/10. This is a must read fic. :thumbs:

#35 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:32 PM

the boy who cried fox
its a old one but, its really sad mostly about naruto when he was little.

the undead child
this one is a old one to, but its about how gaara and naruto are alike.

i will find some more later.

#36 Yori Uzumaki

Yori Uzumaki

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:29 AM

Some one needs to make a Naruto cross over type thing with a disney movie. Like replace Simba with Naruto and stuff. laugh.gif Those are always funny and they can be cute, but it depends on how it's written. a_plotting.gif

#37 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:29 AM

Of Natural Blondes and Fire Shadows: Prologue by Kraken's Ghost.
Blargh. I can't believe I forgot to include this one of Kraken's work from my earlier post. Easily a must-read for NaruIno fans, even if it is just a prologue. (Easily one-shot material, if I don't say so myself)

Of Ramen Fiends and Dark Lords by Kraken's Ghost.
Teaser 1 (scroll down)
Teaser 2
Teaser 3
My bad, there were actually 3 Teaser's of this Star Wars/fusion. (Teaser 3 is the absolute best! Poor, poor Iruka...)

And you know, Tom... I'm pretty sure Fox Identity ain't abandoned. I think Arkhe once said that if he'd abandon a fic, he'd put in a chapter of the plans and ideas of what it would've turned out like. Garret Pi abandoned 'Point of Origin'?? Seriously? I know he hasn't answered his reviews, but surely he's updated his page at some point? And Flashfyre 5 took down Genin!?!? What. In. The. Heck.

#38 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Vespar @ Jul 3 2006, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of Natural Blondes and Fire Shadows: Prologue by Kraken's Ghost.
Blargh. I can't believe I forgot to include this one of Kraken's work from my earlier post. Easily a must-read for NaruIno fans, even if it is just a prologue. (Easily one-shot material, if I don't say so myself)

Of Ramen Fiends and Dark Lords by Kraken's Ghost.
Teaser 1 (scroll down)
Teaser 2
Teaser 3
My bad, there were actually 3 Teaser's of this Star Wars/fusion. (Teaser 3 is the absolute best! Poor, poor Iruka...)

And you know, Tom... I'm pretty sure Fox Identity ain't abandoned. I think Arkhe once said that if he'd abandon a fic, he'd put in a chapter of the plans and ideas of what it would've turned out like. Garret Pi abandoned 'Point of Origin'?? Seriously? I know he hasn't answered his reviews, but surely he's updated his page at some point? And Flashfyre 5 took down Genin!?!? What. In. The. Heck.

I love the 3rd, That was freaking funny.
here one
The girl I cant get.
Its all about narusaku and sasusaku.

#39 Sayaka-sama

Sayaka-sama

aka Gai-yaka

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:I have a few hobbies... *snerk*

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

Sharingank's fics are amazing. (I was laughing like a damn idiot when I read Confessions of an Insomniac and Brainfreeze laugh.gif )

Also, I'm in love with two ItaSaku fics called Loophole and Genshi. Any ItaSaku fans out there will know exactly which fic I'm talking about.

Also, I love far too many NaruSaku fics to count, but I suppose my favorite is a close tie between Garden of Sanctuary (one of the few fanfics out there that has ever made me cry for hours :shamefulcry0js: ) and Your Apron Would Look Better On The Floor.

Whew! And that's about it!

Special thx to themadpoker at the LJ community for this!
My Family Tree
Forum Sweetheart - MonkeysTotallyRock

#40 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Sayaka-sama @ Jul 4 2006, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sharingank's fics are amazing. (I was laughing like a damn idiot when I read Confessions of an Insomniac and Brainfreeze laugh.gif )

Also, I'm in love with two ItaSaku fics called Loophole and Genshi. Any ItaSaku fans out there will know exactly which fic I'm talking about.

I love that fiction,and IAM a ITACHISAKU FAN TOO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users