3357 replies to this topic

#21 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:54 PM

Erina is not too bad, I felt her introduction was done very similar to Sakura's in that it was the worst possible way to introduce her, but felt she had plenty of room for growth. It's a shame that we rarely see her from now. While it's obvious she is the Main Female lead, and very likely to be the girl the MC will end up with, she is not in the manga that much, she might not even be in the top five for most screentime for a female charactor.

She's more like the final boss I guess, The one person he wants to cook for...like his old man said.

Well, I hope I grow to like her more as time goes on.

I'll prob read the manga when the anime is over. The fanservice/foodgasm won't bug me too much since it's just one panel/one page.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#22 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:12 PM

Well, I hope I grow to like her more as time goes on.

I'll prob read the manga when the anime is over. The fanservice/foodgasm won't bug me too much since it's just one panel/one page.

The level of the foodgasm seems to have been toned down in recent chapters, and they seem to getting more and more bizare. When you consider the artist responsible for the manga (It's a two man team) was originally a Hentai mangaka, the fanservice is not a big surprise.

The anime has so far been faithful to the manga, which is good to see, there is nothing more annoying than watching an anime that cuts out too much content to fit the series into a 12 parter or something,

iAnby7W.gif

#23 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:13 PM

The level of the foodgasm seems to have been toned down in recent chapters, and they seem to getting more and more bizare. When you consider the artist responsible for the manga (It's a two man team) was originally a Hentai mangaka, the fanservice is not a big surprise.

The anime has so far been faithful to the manga, which is good to see, there is nothing more annoying than watching an anime that cuts out too much content to fit the series into a 12 parter or something,

In what way more bizarre?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#24 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:17 PM

More bizarre? :fu:

#25 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

In what way more bizarre?

Like a grown man dressed in a girls school uniform with Mickey mouse ears Bizarre? The Foodgasms are not restricted to stripping, oh in the case of one person the Foodgasms lead to actual stripping.

iAnby7W.gif

#26 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:56 AM

Like a grown man dressed in a girls school uniform with Mickey mouse ears Bizarre? The Foodgasms are not restricted to stripping, oh in the case of one person the Foodgasms lead to actual stripping.

:wot:

Well... Good to know ahead of the time.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#27 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:03 AM

:lmao:

#28 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:06 AM

I can already imagine a SomaXErina ending :D but she first needs to find out Soma's background right :lulz:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#29 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

My sister just showed me the first episode of the anime...

And I don't really know what to say about it.

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#30 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

My sister just showed me the first episode of the anime...

And I don't really know what to say about it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You ought to have seen my reaction to the first episode. I was really averted by it and almost thought about dropping the anime. But then again, I'm curious as to what will happen with Soma in the academy. Maybe you should at least try the next two more episodes b/c the fanservice/foodgasm is toned down quite a bit. I've been told that the fanservice becomes less later on (I really hope that is true).

Edited by trang95, 21 April 2015 - 03:47 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#31 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You ought to have seen my reaction to the first episode. I was really averted by it and almost thought about dropping the anime. But then again, I'm curious as to what will happen with Soma in the academy. Maybe you should at least try the next two more episodes b/c the fanservice/foodgasm is toned down quite a bit. I've been told that the fanservice becomes less later on (I really hope that is true).

I didn't even finish the first episode :twitch: 

I was freaking surprised.. I guess I'll try two-three episodes more. But I don't know if I'm even gonna do it.

#32 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

I didn't even finish the first episode :twitch:

I was freaking surprised.. I guess I'll try two-three episodes more. But I don't know if I'm even gonna do it.

Do it whenever you feel like it. I'm enjoying it so far even though I think some of the characters have exaggerated personalities in my eyes so far (episode 1 had me feeling like punching the boobs-woman in the face).

But the dishes are really interesting and make me hungry tbh.

Edited by trang95, 21 April 2015 - 04:01 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#33 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Do it whenever you feel like it. I'm enjoying it so far even though I think some of the characters have exaggerated personalities in my eyes so far (episode 1 had me feeling like punching the boobs-woman in the face).

But the dishes are really interesting and make me hungry tbh.

:thumb:

I'm probably not gonna continue this. I have too many things I need to do first.. But If I have some free-time this week I'll probably watch two episodes more.

lol. What boob-woman?

I really like the main character. He seems interesting.

And all the dishes! I always feel hungry when I see food..  

#34 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:39 PM

Don't watch it for the fan-service Watch it for the food! :D and shipping I like the shipping.........lol

#35 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:18 AM

Don't watch it for the fan-service Watch it for the food! :D and shipping I like the shipping.........lol

I watch it for the battles, I find these Battle mangas that don't involve actual fighting facinating.

I definitely don't watch it for the Foodgasms, and I definitely did not google search the artists previous work when I found out he was a famous hentai mangaka. Nope not me.

iAnby7W.gif

#36 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:20 AM

I watch it for the battles, I find these Battle mangas that don't involve actual fighting facinating.

I definitely don't watch it for the Foodgasms, and I definitely did not google search the artists previous work when I found out he was a famous hentai mangaka. Nope not me.

This manga must be really good when you said one time that you wouldn't read any other series published by Shounen Jump other than One Piece.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#37 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:33 AM

This manga must be really good when you said one time that you wouldn't read any other series published by Shounen Jump other than One Piece.

I'm pretty sure I said I would not pick up any new manga's from SJ, (Though knowing me I probably worded it to make it sound like that) I've been reading this manga since the Oneshot came out.

The SJ manga I still read, this one, Bleach, and One Piece...I don't think I read any others, atleast not published in SWJ I might read a couple that are published in their other works, I think Himouto is one of them.

iAnby7W.gif

#38 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

Erina is not too bad, I felt her introduction was done very similar to Sakura's in that it was the worst possible way to introduce her, but felt she had plenty of room for growth. It's a shame that we rarely see her from now. While it's obvious she is the Main Female lead, and very likely to be the girl the MC will end up with, she is not in the manga that much, she might not even be in the top five for most screentime for a female charactor.

She's more like the final boss I guess, The one person he wants to cook for...like his old man said.

It's also worth noting that it's heavily implied that Erina just wants to be normal. But growing up in the environment she lived in, she doesn't have that luxury. Soma on the other hand, would be the one to get her out of that cramped lifestyle she's longed to escape. Personally, I hope that as the series goes on, it'd go the way of Yakitate when it comes down to foodgasms.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#39 applesauceful

applesauceful

I've Heard It Both Ways

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting, Novel Writing

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:58 PM

I've taken a little break from anime in general, though I'm an avid reader of various manga (incl. SNS). Once I get back into anime though, this will be the first series I watch :)

Got into SNS for the shipping and surprisingly got enticed by the food battles enough to keep me interested when there was no Erina x Souma development.

I'm still waiting for the day when...

Correct me if I'm wrong, besides the one-shot, there hasn't really been anything to show that Erina has feelings towards Souma yet right? It's been a while since I started the manga so I'm a little hazy about that.

Anyone else ship any other Souma pairings? I'm partial to Souma x Alice and Souma x Ikumi myself.

giphy.gif

#40 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:39 AM

Unfortunately no........... -____- But she is tsundere towards his food!! :D  Well Besides SoumaXErina I also Ship SoumaXMegumi and MegumiXErina and HinakoXMegumi. Oh plus KoujiroXHinako.  :lol:

I'm pretty sure I said I would not pick up any new manga's from SJ, (Though knowing me I probably worded it to make it sound like that) I've been reading this manga since the Oneshot came out.

The SJ manga I still read, this one, Bleach, and One Piece...I don't think I read any others, atleast not published in SWJ I might read a couple that are published in their other works, I think Himouto is one of them.

Not gonna try BNHA? :hehehe:

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 April 2015 - 01:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users