13 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:22 PM

Ok new topic for this since no ones made one yet.

00_011.jpg

Kubo's New One Shot/Possible new series. Burn the Witch. A Shohen Jump 50 year Anniversary Commemoration that has 62 pages. Witches Dragons Reverse London.

The setting is in London.

The Male Main character Balgo remind me of Keigo or Kon. He is wearing a shirt that says SLAVE...this is actually important. He owns a Dog. He has a friend Selvie that looks like Isshin, and Kugo Ginjo behaves like them too.

The Dark Hair Girl is Niihashi, Noel...is that name a bit too generic? She has the bored passive girl personality that act indifferent to the wackiness of the other characters. She is not Japanese from what one shot say or at least has not been to Japan. She is a weeb.

The Blond girl Ninii Spangle...what a name. Reminds me of the hiyori as well as that bomb girl in terms of personality. She is an ad model. Also the senior of the two. Wants a promotion.

Then there is their Chief Billy that is a lot like Kyoraku.

Dragons exist, and they are under some conservation protection group Wing Bind -it is the West Branch of the Soul Society- that the girls are members of. When they come into contact with humans they are affect by their emotion. So a dragon that the main character comes into contact with wants to see Noel's Panties. Human that come into contact with a dragon either serve 100 year imprisonment or are executed. Their are two groups of the Wind Bind organization Pipers, and Sabers. Pipers take care of the dragons in Reverse London, while Sabers fight Dragons in London.

Also if a Human comes into contact with a Dragon for a long period of time they are considered Haunted ones which are viewed as a species of Dragon, and therefor come under the protection of Wind Bind. Guess what happens to Balgo?

Overall not that bad. I got sick of the weeb stuff. Him trying to make it clear this is London not Japan, and they are Londoners not Japanese school kids. Also could he pick a city other then London?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 August 2018 - 11:22 PM.

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:52 PM

Marvel Universe be damned.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:56 PM

Marvel Universe be damned.

Well its certainly better then some of their comics right now.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 18 July 2018 - 01:38 AM.

#4 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:28 PM

I decided to continue the talk in the Bleach thread, because of the reveal at the end of the chapter, I thought the one perter had potential, but the characters need work, they lacked any real well character, female lead is a japanphile, but other than that bland, the blond girl is loud beyond that nothing more and the male was a pervert and beyond that meh. Even the other world didn't really stand out as anything great, it was weird, but beyond that nothing really fantastical about it.

The settings and premise has potential, and I would like to see how this would fit into the Bleach universe if they ever try to explore it any further. Though I think the characters would all need a personality transplant and the other world needs to be more magical.

iAnby7W.gif

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:45 PM

I decided to continue the talk in the Bleach thread, because of the reveal at the end of the chapter, I thought the one perter had potential, but the characters need work, they lacked any real well character, female lead is a japanphile, but other than that bland, the blond girl is loud beyond that nothing more and the male was a pervert and beyond that meh. Even the other world didn't really stand out as anything great, it was weird, but beyond that nothing really fantastical about it.

The settings and premise has potential, and I would like to see how this would fit into the Bleach universe if they ever try to explore it any further. Though I think the characters would all need a personality transplant and the other world needs to be more magical.

I wish it was set somewhere else more original then London but what can you do. Hint at the end....Oh this is the soul society west branch...I completely missed that because I was almost done. One Sec. That actually interesting so the dragons may actually be Europe's version of hollows, and witches and wizard their gods of death. That's actually kind of neat.

The characters are clearly based off bleach characters. Like I said it pretty much Kon/Keigo, Hiyori, Kyoraku, and the bland weeb.

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:56 AM

Well it certainly better then some of their comics right now.

I mean Cinema.

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:12 AM

I mean Cinema.

Well, it been ten years and from what coming down the pipe. Most of the big name characters ending because their actors are done to be replaced by their diversity replacement, and led by the new face of marvel that movie hasn't even come out yet. The movie will soon be in a similar position to the comic books

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:44 AM

Well, it been ten years and from what coming down the pipe. Most of the big name characters ending because their actors are done to be replaced by their diversity replacement, and led by the new face of marvel that movie hasn't even come out yet. The movie will soon be in a similar position to the comic books

Um...

Taking the comment as a joke would be fine too.

#9 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:09 PM

TITE KUBO is BACK!

What madness! 

Save it on my to reads list for tonight.. no live reaction.. I've got a very special video for this one. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#10 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

Surprisingly pretty good, albeit one shot. Hopefully it'll get serialised.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#11 Young Kubrick

Young Kubrick

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, anime/manga, comics, video games, literature

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

This seems like it could be good if it was fleshed out more. It has my interest

tumblr_o2ro4zTFoE1ukmr73o1_500.gif

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:14 PM

Um...

Taking the comment as a joke would be fine too.

I did take the first comment as a joke leading to a rib on their comics. But your correction made me think you were being serious. Rules of comedy: if you think a joke didn't catch, move onto the next one don't try to save it.

Also...Marvel has a cooking videos now: https://www.marvel.c...at-the-universe

That's a joke to me.

#13 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:23 PM

I did take the first comment as a joke leading to a rib on their comics. But your correction made me think you were being serious. Rules of comedy: if you think a joke didn't catch, move onto the next one don't try to save it.

Also...Marvel has a cooking videos now: https://www.marvel.c...at-the-universe

That's a joke to me.

Fair enough.

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:41 PM

I just realize Noir looks, and most of the time acts like a female Byakuya.

So its Female Byakuya, Kon, Hiyori, and Kyoraku are the main cast.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 July 2018 - 04:18 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tite Kubo, One-Shot, Magic Wand Guns, Reverse London

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users