Close
Photo

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (Snow White with the Red Hair)

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Shoujo

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#21 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:52 PM

Yeah that was a cool way of handling things. And indeed they have chemistry that is why even if its just a normal conversation it flows really easily. They both respect each other and they dont make you cringe with sappy stuffs.

Things will just get better after this. I hope it will be more than 12 episodes as most anime nowadays are like that.

I wonder if most of you people here is updated to the manga? So far im liking the fact that

tagging it just in case but very small spoiler

For those who dont want to look at my spoiler tag. Ill just say

ObixZen ftw
lol kiddin
not

In terms of how long it'll be I heard the it's gonna have two split seasons. I just know that much when it comes to the anime.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#22 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:35 AM

One thing I found funny though was how the big deal about Shirayuki's hair color made zero sense considering how we had silver hair, blue hair, and who knows what other rainbow color, but the color RED had to be special XD (looks like the manga had more natural hair colors though).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#23 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

Yeah that was a cool way of handling things. And indeed they have chemistry that is why even if its just a normal conversation it flows really easily. They both respect each other and they dont make you cringe with sappy stuffs.

Things will just get better after this. I hope it will be more than 12 episodes as most anime nowadays are like that.

I wonder if most of you people here is updated to the manga? So far im liking the fact that

tagging it just in case but very small spoiler

For those who dont want to look at my spoiler tag. Ill just say

ObixZen ftw
lol kiddin
not

Like Luckychi said, the anime is having 24 episodes. It's like Owari no seraph. There's coming 12 episodes out this this season, and the other half will continue next year, I believe.     

Do you read the manga?

One thing I found funny though was how the big deal about Shirayuki's hair color made zero sense considering how we had silver hair, blue hair, and who knows what other rainbow color, but the color RED had to be special XD (looks like the manga had more natural hair colors though).

I guess Shirayuki was the only one in the town with that red hair.. (correct me if I'm wrong)

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#24 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:50 AM

Like Luckychi said, the anime is having 24 episodes. It's like Owari no seraph. There's coming 12 episodes out this this season, and the other half will continue next year, I believe.     

Do you read the manga?

I guess Shirayuki was the only one in the town with that red hair.. (correct me if I'm wrong)

You're right about that. She's the only one, but it still kind of looses impact when you have people running around with other Neon hair colors. It'd make more sense if the setting were in Asia where red hair REALLY is special. But a medieval setting? Even an Albino person is rarer.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#25 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

You're right about that. She's the only one, but it still kind of looses impact when you have people running around with other Neon hair colors. It'd make more sense if the setting were in Asia where red hair REALLY is special. But a medieval setting? Even an Albino person is rarer.

The funny thing it's right in the neighborhood where the colorful hair colors are, but it's still unique for Shirayuki to have the red hair XD.

#26 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

Well thanks to episode 1 I've begun reading the manga where I left off, and I read up to chapter 26. Like I said before i'm not going to spoil anything, but I was thinking that it would be good spot for season 2 to end at. So far If I'm just going by episode 1  then each new episode will cover at least 1 chapter, though to test my theory we're gonna have to wait for episode 2 next week. 

The only thing I will say when it comes to the manga is that it gets pretty interesting to the part where I'm at it. That's all I'm going to say when it comes to that. 

Although heres a question for the manga readers compared to other female characters where is your stance on Shirayuki? 

#27 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:00 PM

the MC actually pointed that out herself.

that's why she has no qualms cutting her hair if that was what the prince wanted about her.

Like what is so special about it? yet she didn't looked down or hated her hair.

There wasn't heavy drama, she just cut it like a boss and also acknowledge that the hair in itself is not at fault.

People find it special probably because it stands out MORE among the other fancy haircolors.

plus anime logic.. anime and mangas give characters absurd haircolors to help distinguish them from others as its hard to draw every single detail in a human body that makes each of us unique. In this case tho.. seems like a play with words and theme as its akin to a fairytale where she was revered as the apple in the basket when she is named Snow White

Well thanks to episode 1 I've begun reading the manga where I left off, and I read up to chapter 26. Like I said before i'm not going to spoil anything, but I was thinking that it would be good spot for season 2 to end at. So far If I'm just going by episode 1  then each new episode will cover at least 1 chapter, though to test my theory we're gonna have to wait for episode 2 next week. 

The only thing I will say when it comes to the manga is that it gets pretty interesting to the part where I'm at it. That's all I'm going to say when it comes to that. 

Although heres a question for the manga readers compared to other female characters where is your stance on Shirayuki? 

what do you mean by other female characters? the ones from the same manga or in the same story?

I really adore Shirayuki's character (probably even more than Yona tho i love her and its not reasonable to compare them)

but i highly respect this girl. she is independent and knows what she wants. She is also put in a situation where she'll get saved but she also works on her own and shows that she is smart. that she might not be strong physically to fight off in a battle but she's definitely smart.

it all boils down probably to how realistic she is. yeah i guess that's it. she isn't overpowered, not the prettiest, smartest, etc but she's perfectly normal. She's more like a big sister figure...

Do you read the manga?

yes. i am updated with the manga

Edited by dejavu, 08 July 2015 - 02:01 PM.

#28 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

that's why she has no qualms cutting her hair if that was what the prince wanted about her.

There wasn't heavy drama, she just cut it like a boss and also acknowledge that the hair in itself is not at fault.

People find it special probably because it stands out MORE among the other fancy haircolors.

plus anime logic.. anime and mangas give characters absurd haircolors to help distinguish them from others as its hard to draw every single detail in a human body that makes each of us unique. In this case tho.. seems like a play with words and theme as its akin to a fairytale where she was revered as the apple in the basket when she is named Snow White

what do you mean by other female characters? the ones from the same manga or in the same story?

I really adore Shirayuki's character (probably even more than Yona tho i love her and its not reasonable to compare them)

but i highly respect this girl. she is independent and knows what she wants. She is also put in a situation where she'll get saved but she also works on her own and shows that she is smart. that she might not be strong physically to fight off in a battle but she's definitely smart.

it all boils down probably to how realistic she is. yeah i guess that's it. she isn't overpowered, not the prettiest, smartest, etc but she's perfectly normal. She's more like a big sister figure...

What I meant to say was other main female characters from different series you know like, Sakura, Touka, Lucy, Mikasa, Asuna, Rukia, Nami, Chitoge, Hiyori, etc.  I know they've strong when it comes to psyhical strength, but comparing them to Shirayuki outside of that is the question i'm asking.

Yeah I can defintely agree about Shirayuki when it comes to the stuff she's gone through granted I'm on chapter 26, but even I can tell she's coming a long way from where she's at in the first chapter/episode. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 08 July 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#29 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

Good point. Anime logic XD Not that Akatsuki no Yona is better (Jaeha and his green hair -.-). And yeah, Shirayuki is a wonderful female protagonist. Love her honesty and intelligence. And yeah, we shouldn't compare her to Yona b/c Yona started. Basically pretty much from zero with her character development. Besides her kindness, she was a spoiled and naiv princess who never knew what it meant to be normal. Shirayuki naturally overtrumps her in the start.Btw, what mangas and animes do you read?

Edited by trang95, 08 July 2015 - 02:24 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#30 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:43 PM

What I meant to say was other main female characters from different series you know like, Sakura, Touka, Lucy, Mikasa, Asuna, Rukia, Nami, Chitoge, Hiyori, etc.  I know they've strong when it comes to psyhical strength, but comparing them to Shirayuki outside of that is the question i'm asking.

Yeah I can defintely agree about Shirayuki when it comes to the stuff she's gone through granted I'm on chapter 26, but even I can tell she's coming a long way from where she's at in the first chapter/episode. 

I see.. well in addition to what i already said, I guess Shirayuki's charm lies on her being a normal girl and yet not. lol i guess that isn't a best description. but out of all the female characters you mentioned, I could relate more to Shirayuki as she has a more practical and grounded view.. well granted that her story setting is more realistic compared to those you mentioned with ninjas and powers.

She's just another girl just like any of us. and from there its just fun to see how she deals with her newly found life.

Most of the girls you mentioned comes too strong, may not be in terms of power/strength but also personality..like say Mikasa is like an intimidating one to compare Shirayuki with..

Shirayuki comes gentle but definitely not weak. more on the normal side.  

Good point. Anime logic XD Not that Akatsuki no Yona is better (Jaeha and his green hair -.-). And yeah, Shirayuki is a wonderful female protagonist. Love her honesty and intelligence. And yeah, we shouldn't compare her to Yona b/c Yona started. Basically pretty much from zero with her character development. Besides her kindness, she was a spoiled and naiv princess who never knew what it meant to be normal. Shirayuki naturally overtrumps her in the start.Btw, what mangas and animes do you read?

If i may, Yona is like the baby sister and Shirayuki is more like the one-chan type. lol i just did a cross-over on my mind.

and yeah, it wouldn't be fair to compare (to know whose better etc. but just pointing out their similarities is harmless fun) the two simply as it is as both were raised very differently. Shirayuki was raised by her grandparents who taught her to take care of herself and she later on takes care of the elderly. while Yona is like a baby who just started to learn how to walk on her own.

as for what i read/watch... there's a LOT, most of it were actually part of your list (the one on your profile like noragami), not updated with TG tho and haven't touched on one-punch.

To name a few aside from the ones we talked about already, here are the RECENT ones:

Sabaku no Harem - its in a historical setting and a fun read.. i was turned off by the "harem" on the title but it isn't what i thought it was lol.

Koudaike no Hitobito - its josei and very funny, its really unique

Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu - another josei

Sumika Sumire - yet another josei this one is a bit weird and im painfully waiting for translations.. to sum it off the MC girl is a 60years old unmarried woman who was not able to live out her life the way she wanted because of heavy responsibilities and now she was given a 2nd chance to live as a 17 years old girl..not time travelling but she turned 17 again lol mangas

Uchuu o Kakeru Yodaka - a pretty and nice girl who got her body switched with an ugly girl with bad personality.. but really as cliche as it sound its a good read, a bit dark for a shojou

Boku wa Mari no Naka (inside Mari)- woah this one takes the switched bodies into another level.. its hard to explain as it will become a big spoiler but its seinen and more on psychological.. the plot twist was.. never expected that one coming. definitely NOT your typical switch body plot.

then the rest are the popular ones that i regularly check for updates: koi to uso, kamisama hajimemakittena, last game, love so life, dengeki daisy, Anzu jam, ookami no shoujo no kuro ouji, hibi chouchou, billion dogs, etc..

as for anime.. currently watching: Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, RahXephon and chouyaku hyakuninisshu uta koi

Edited by dejavu, 08 July 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#31 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:28 PM

Episode 2 is out: http://animeshow.tv/...hime-episode-2/

#32 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

My review on the latest episode: 

I tried making like 5 takes to get it right so hopefully this turned out okay at the very least. 

#33 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:06 PM

Good episode! Loved the animation.

Yikes.. I still have trouble with their names :sweatdrop: I can only remember Zen and Shirayuki.

Also loved Zen's face when there was two men talking about selling her XD

#34 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:07 PM

Good episode! Loved the animation.

Yikes.. I still have trouble with their names :sweatdrop: I can only remember Zen and Shirayuki.

Also loved Zen's face when there was two men talking about selling her XD

I know I could see alot of people making memes when it comes to the face he made. 

#35 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

I lolled so hard when that dude asked:" Are you her father?" Zen's reaction was too freaking hilarious. Shirayuki too badass. Getting out of their on her own!

Edited by trang95, 14 July 2015 - 05:10 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#36 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:14 PM

I know I could see alot of people making memes when it comes to the face he made. 

Lmao, his face was priceless XD

x.giftumblr_nrg67yRUwF1ua4ow2o1_500.gif

:zaru:

http://kirarasama.tu...st/124014116521

Edited by Mixer, 14 July 2015 - 05:14 PM.

#37 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

When was the last time Studio Bones picked up a shoujo manga?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#38 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

I love that Shirayuki's able to handle herself just using her brains, proving that she's not some damsel in distress who waits around to be saved.  And poor Zen, getting asked if he's Shirayuki's father. :lmao: It's the hair Zen, it makes you seem older.

I'm not sure. They did Gosick, but I guess it's considered shounen, even though it had a pretty strong, well done romance.

#39 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

It seems like it was their "No. 6" anime released in 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._6

Lmao, talking about the guy who asked Zen if he was a father 

http://strange-world...st/124005452312   :lulz:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Edited by Mixer, 14 July 2015 - 05:27 PM.

#40 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

Yeah I'm quite surprised with how Studio Bones is presenting the anime for The Snow White with Red Hair, I know it's only 2 episodes but I think their anime much better than the manga especially with the tiny filler bits they added in. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Shoujo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users