3357 replies to this topic

#3261 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:14 PM

yeah I hope for a flashback regarding Mama Yukihira at some point to see her personality , if Joichrio is stating Soma gets his personality from her :yes: Also though wouldn't that mean Soma would want a woman who is strong willed and can stand against him and compete with him in his cooking? :hehehe:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3262 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:37 AM

yeah I hope for a flashback regarding Mama Yukihira at some point to see her personality , if Joichrio is stating Soma gets his personality from her :yes: Also though wouldn't that mean Soma would want a woman who is strong willed and can stand against him and compete with him in his cooking? :hehehe:

Well, remember this is probably the woman that really got him out of his funk, and put the spring back in his step. So, her being the type of person that doesn't worry about status or something wouldn't be that surprising.

#3263 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:52 AM

Well looks like they've skipped atleast a week, and for some reason we still don't know what has happened to Erina, This a kidnapping for crying out loud, don't just push it aside like it's a minor issue, has Erina been returned? Why is no one panicking regarding the situation? these things need explaining. The kidnapping itself was ridiculous as it was, but the manner in which it's been handled is one of the worst piece of writing I have seen, and I've read Naruto.

iAnby7W.gif

#3264 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:27 PM

I am ASSUMING she is already competing already at Heaven's Gate too. Or else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯And everyone else is doing that too

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 October 2018 - 12:28 PM.

#3265 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:29 PM

He said he was letting her go, and that if he wins the Blue she would have to marry him.

#3266 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:24 AM

But I thought She'd compete too although she is headmistress now so that would pose a problem. Oh well

#3267 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:45 AM

But I thought She'd compete too although she is headmistress now so that would pose a problem. Oh well

The way he talked it sounds like she is. Since, she the God's Tongue, a Nakiri, and the head master. She probably was moved ahead like Asahi.

#3268 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:36 AM

He said he was letting her go, and that if he wins the Blue she would have to marry him.

Unless the translation is wrong, there is no mention of letting her go, he made the challenge, however there was no mention of her being released, there is the likelihood that is indeed the case but the manga does not really tell you one way or another.

https://www.mangarea...i-no-soma/281/9

I would have thought Souma would have been advanced to the second stage ahead of Takumi and Megumi, as he is the number one seat, and defeated the former second seat. That is with the assumption that Erina got bumped up to the third stage or higher as well, if she's only been advanced to stage two, then Souma being first stage is understandable.

It will be interesting to see how these battles will be set out, because there is no real development of any of the individuals on the Noir team, even Azahi is a recent annoyance added to the mix, so for the reader there isn't a invested interest in seeing these guys get defeated. So will they rush through it all, or take their time, and will that be enough to keep readers interested, the speed we got to this stage itself feels rush, as if to suggest the current ark does not hold their interest. Even the last ark with Azami, even though they were facing the Elite 10, the interest looked like it was waning half way through and felt like many of the battles were rushed because of that, this is much worst.

iAnby7W.gif

#3269 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:40 PM

From what I recall. He kidnapped her to show he was the villain, and promised to let her go while also challenging her at the Blue.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 15 October 2018 - 05:06 AM.

#3270 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:06 AM

These challenges for the blue are increasingly not that impressive. Its like they don't know what to do after they beat Erina's dad...or even before that.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 November 2018 - 02:29 AM.

#3271 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:54 PM

This challenges for the blue are increasingly not that impressive. Its like they don't know what to do after they beat Erina's dad...or even before that.

Honestly it's felt like they don't know what to do since part way through the last arc, it's probably a decision they regret making, the manga would have been better off having these nonsensical arcs before they introduced Azami. The direction the manga was going in before that, with Souma's battle with Kuga was enjoyable, and Souma's growth made sense, Azami should have been the second or third to last boss before his old man and Erina, not someone they had to defeat when the MC's growth was still in the earlier phase.

Now they have to up the ante, so they introduced this plot device who we had never had any indication of existing, alongside his group of underground chefs. They are trying to build tension but it's done in such a ridiculous manner that it comes off as comical, which may be what they are going for, considering how they've casually crudely handled a kidnapping and a plan to commit suicide.

Also I'm not the only one who has pointed this out but it looks like the new examiner design was ripped off from SSSS.Gridman, not sure if that's just lazy design, or coincidence, normally I'd go with coincidence but the way the manga is going I'm not so sure.

iAnby7W.gif

#3272 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:25 AM

So Asahi had no father, and mother who was an abusive drunk died when he was young. Saiba visited the orphanage one day as charity work, and took him under his wing. He fell in love with him so much he dreamed that he was his father. Then he is told Saiba's wife died, and he needed to return to Japan to raise Souma. Leading to a burning jealously and hatred towards Souma for being Saiba's real son, and stealing him away. No, I'm not joking. Could be part of the reason he also wants Erina is to steal Somua's girl.

Harry, Azami need to be the villain for the second year, while the school, and Erina were the villain for the first year. They sped it up so Souma could fight Eishi, and now they paying for their rashness. Asahi as the final arc villain is ok, but because they skipped so much time the story feels rushed.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 November 2018 - 04:31 AM.

#3273 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:36 PM

Yup, he wants to steal Soma's life as I imagine it, Sooooooooooo....... He wants to steal Soma's future wife! :P

#3274 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:39 AM

Yup, he wants to steal Soma's life as I imagine it, Sooooooooooo....... He wants to steal Soma's future wife! :P

He always wanted her for the status, but finding out her feeling for Souma added spice to the dish.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 November 2018 - 02:02 AM.

#3275 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:21 AM

I'm sure I've read this backstory before,just can't remember the book, manga, TV show or movie I've seen it or even if it's from multiple mediums. I can't decide who was less interesting, Azami or Asahi, they feel like slight variants of the same characters in many ways, both have a history with Joe, and turned into villians because of him, One by trying to destroy the school system that took his beloved sempai away from him and the other trying to replace the son who took his beloved father figure away from him, and both used Erina as tool to do it.

Edited by harry4e, 26 November 2018 - 01:28 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#3276 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:36 PM

I really can't say either. Both are bad villains in a series never needed villains in the first  place. Azami was a snore fest whose Ideology comes from "this school broke my senpai!!!!!"  *cry sob* and then "why is my god cooking for the mindless masses!? THIS SHALL NOT STAND!!!!!"  :rawr:

Asahi on the other hand, well his motivations are somewhat more sympathetic but he still comes off as a poor excuse for a villain, wanting Joichiro for a father to the point he was jealously possessive of him and wants to to be his actual son so he wants to prove himself to better than his actual blood son so he has to show himself to be better than Soma and then have Soma's life, And now he's trying to take Soma's wife (to be) because of a bastardized take in Joichiro's philosophy to find a woman to devote your cooking for. So he wants to to be the ultimate chef for the ulitmate gourmand and food critic. :no:  

That aside though, I tolerate it (BARELY) because like I said, these two "villain" serve a purpose, as poorly written in and thought of as they are. Azami was essential for Erina' development as a chef and as a person in general. Yes he is not the source, but he's the trigger. Whereas Asahi is meant as a push towards Soma and Erina's relationship and we have already started to see the results as Chapter 278 is huge evidence of it .

But ultimately I digress. Asahi's skill and threat level was idiotic to say the least to be placed at where it was established because if he is capable of beating Joichiro then that means Soma has no realistic chance agianst him, but we all know Soma will beat him, and then what happens after? Since Soma beat the chef that beat his dad, and defeating his dad is his life time goal? :wallbash:

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 December 2018 - 10:40 AM.

#3277 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:39 PM

I hate these filler evil chiefs. How long is this arc going to go on for? Just defeat Asahi already! No wonder this manga dropped out of the top ten!

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 December 2018 - 09:40 PM.

#3278 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:24 AM

Yeah it is just plain IDIOTIC that the bookkeeper is favouring these stupid filler villains yet the most they show is "macabre style gimmicks" in their cooking that classifies them as edgy and evil, but I see nothing to write home about nor is it even used properly for drama. Again this series never really needed villains and is probably better off without them. Azami and Asahi are one thing admittedly as I again state they do serve a purpose as "terribly written villains" as they are, but why the series needed them having "flunkies" or "henchmen" for Soma and co. to to win against to "build up tension" is beyond me and was NEVER necessary

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 December 2018 - 10:04 AM.

#3279 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:03 PM

I'm not even sure what I'm reading anymore, I can't decide if I should be laughing at the how ridiculous the cooking techniques are gettin, or if I should be facepalming.

I wonder where Rindou is? If Megumi and Alidini managed to get a invitation, I have to wonder why Rindou the former number two seat, and someone who is crazy enough with her cooking that she would fit in perfectly with the Noir chefs was not invited.

iAnby7W.gif

#3280 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:10 PM

I'm not even sure what I'm reading anymore, I can't decide if I should be laughing at the how ridiculous the cooking techniques are gettin, or if I should be facepalming.

I wonder where Rindou is? If Megumi and Alidini managed to get a invitation, I have to wonder why Rindou the former number two seat, and someone who is crazy enough with her cooking that she would fit in perfectly with the Noir chefs was not invited.

Wait the...4-5 weeks it will take for Souma to get over this portion of the Blue, and hope when he is back with Erina things get more interesting.

Yeah it is just plain IDIOTIC that the bookkeeper is favoring these stupid filler villains yet the most they show is is "macabre style gimmicks" in their cooking that classifies them as edgy and evil, but I see nothing to write home about nor is it even used properly for drama. Again this series never really needed villains and is probably better off without them. Azami and Asahi are one thing admittedly as I again state they do serve a purpose as "terribly written villains" as they are, but why the series needed them having "flunkies" or "henchmen" for Soma and co. to to win against to "build up tension" is beyond me and was NEVER necessary

The story was much more interesting when the closest thing to a villain was the school's tough nature was challenging all the students.

Well we've seen that every "light" chief we don't know the name of is apparently crap who only exist to gasp at how great -name characters'- cooking is.

The problem with Azami and Asahi is we don't spend enough time with them or see them do enough stuff to hate them; we're just annoyed by them most of the time. So, beating their flunkies evokes a "who cares" reaction.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 December 2018 - 01:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users