BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:32 PM

It most likely going by sports series logic. There will be 2 wins each side and the last one will be decesive battle.

So the question is who loses between bakugo or shoto?

#3322 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:10 AM

Well, there's nothing in stake whatsoever, but if I have to choose, I guess Bakugo to get something going. It's been a while.

#3323 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:27 AM

So the question is who loses between bakugo or shoto?

Probably Shoto. Bakugo is the creator's pet after all :ermm: Plus If Bakugo loses it'd be 2-1 wins , unless it is not following the win-lose, win-lose, win scenario.

Anyway I know nothing is at stake, and who wins or loses means nothing, but for the characters that I like that lost, well I hope the writing makes it up to them later when they become key players to actually fighting villains. Especially Momo

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3324 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:35 AM

I wasn't asking, though the above does suggest I was. Sorry for that. My intention is asking the writer to make me care. It's not matter of asking many characters to have a screen time or backstory. It needs a hook to begin with. As of now, there's only three characters that gets focus as major characters: Deku (protagonist; dealing with "dreams"), Bakugo (on standby; last known: his battle with Deku 2), and Shouto (family issue; Dabi highly suggestive to be part of that mix). It's Naruto plus one (Naruto and Sasuke). The ratio only increases when the series introduce more characters to the scene. I jokingly said, "Seeing the batch of cast is like seeing new victims in the next war; the problem is they won't die, so I have to know them." It's because there are too many. It is possible to handle more than 5 characters without making them overstay their welcome, and this series once held that. I guess watching the anime in its heyday was a mistake on my part.

Oh okay, then yeah I get that. Unfortunately though this is a shonen manga/anime, so it unfortunately follows the typical shonen formula. If you are not a main character nor BECOME a main character you get sidelined and ultimately get reduced to a cheering squad in the plot important fights or written out completely. You can have fights and focus but again if you are not main character status the fight and character development don't matter. I am hoping that Horikoshi will subvert this eventually when they graduate high school, but the signs don't look good :ermm:

#3325 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:49 AM

Probably Shoto. Bakugo is the creator's pet after all :ermm: Plus If Bakugo loses it'd be 2-1 wins , unless it is not following the win-lose, win-lose, win scenario.

Anyway I know nothing is at stake, and who wins or loses means nothing, but for the characters that I like that lost, well I hope the writing makes it up to them later when they become key players to actually fighting villains. Especially Momo

That's the irony. It has nothing in stakes, yet the showcase of these characters still matter, so losing means something. It hurts more with no real background aside from Tokoyami, just he can pull off Super Mario World Cape Power. The next couple of teams don't matter much since it's with "main characters." It's like we already get them enough before, so why not give others the rub. This is like wrestling, where the company failed to see a star that is growing huge with the fans and keeps pushing forward with ones that already established, for better or worse.

Oh okay, then yeah I get that. Unfortunately though this is a shonen manga/anime, so it unfortunately follows the typical shonen formula. If you are not a main character nor BECOME a main character you get sidelined and ultimately get reduced to a cheering squad in the plot important fights or written out completely. You can have fights and focus but again if you are not main character status the fight and character development don't matter. I am hoping that Horikoshi will subvert this eventually when they graduate high school, but the signs don't look good :ermm:

It didn't have to follow like others. Actually, that's one of the many problems I have with this series, but next time. It's not like I ask for side characters to get more screen time, but if you're going to use them, do more with them.

#3326 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:25 PM

Which is disappointing because Bakugo is the most irritating character in the series. Frankly, I'd like for him to become a villain in the end.

#3327 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:11 PM

That's the irony. It has nothing in stakes, yet the showcase of these characters still matter, so losing means something. It hurts more with no real background aside from Tokoyami, just he can pull off Super Mario World Cape Power. The next couple of teams don't matter much since it's with "main characters." It's like we already get them enough before, so why not give others the rub. This is like wrestling, where the company failed to see a star that is growing huge with the fans and keeps pushing forward with ones that already established, for better or worse.

It didn't have to follow like others. Actually, that's one of the many problems I have with this series, but next time. It's not like I ask for side characters to get more screen time, but if you're going to use them, do more with them.

but doing more with them requires more screen time. not enough to take the spotlight but still, and yeah the supporting characters need more going for them but maybe it won't happen yet until they graduate I hope that happens.

And yeah it is copying other shonen series when it doesn't need to. It has the potential to break the mold and be unique but it's not doing that so far. I'm just hoping that it happens when the entire class goes pro. Well I hope both classes go pro actually

#3328 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:44 AM

This chapter we have a flashback. Endeavor apparently tried passing on his strongest technique to Shoto, and before that his eldest son Touya -who had stronger flames then even his father but had an accident that Endeavor blamed on him inheriting his wife's weak constitution-.

#3329 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for reminding me of how the coolest guy ever is the coolest guy ever after coming back from "redemption."

So not only the obvious plot twist is more apparent than ever, but it's already setting up for Shouto to be the best out of all kids. Thanks. I guess I don't need tension.

#3330 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

Anyone else think this weeks chapter all but confirmed that Dabi is indeed Touya? One of the biggest arguments against it was always that Dabi has blue flames that are more intense, so he couldn't be the weaker older brother, but this chapter counters that argument by explaining the situation. Touya is similar to Deku in that sense, both have more strength than their body can handle, and inherited the power from someone who were almost perfect vessels for the power.

iAnby7W.gif

#3331 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:58 PM

Anyone else think this weeks chapter all but confirmed that Dabi is indeed Touya? One of the biggest arguments against it was always that Dabi has blue flames that are more intense, so he couldn't be the weaker older brother, but this chapter counters that argument by explaining the situation. Touya is similar to Deku in that sense, both have more strength than their body can handle, and inherited the power from someone who were almost perfect vessels for the power.

Its not rocket science at this point. Honestly, I hope Kohei doesnt play off as the greatest plot twist because its Resident Evil 5 level of obvious.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 13 October 2018 - 12:58 PM.

#3332 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:35 PM

Its not rocket science at this point. Honestly, I hope Kohei doesnt play off as the greatest plot twist because its Resident Evil 5 level of obvious.

Well he could do a Anti-Kishi, by heavily hinting at this, and then actually making him out to be someone else completely.

iAnby7W.gif

#3333 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:39 PM

I thought it was obvious from the moment we learned he had flame powers. Endeavor had three kid before Shouto with his parenting it isn't a surprise if one of them became a villain and the evil counterpart to Shouto. It something that happens in stories  like this, and honestly often needs to happen.

#3334 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:39 AM

Well he could do a Anti-Kishi, by heavily hinting at this, and then actually making him out to be someone else completely.

He could though how much good that would do. It should have been exposed already.

#3335 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:57 PM

https://youtu.be/M0pMRmRnp9s

#3336 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:25 PM

Hey guys! MHA finally got 2nd place behind OP this year!!

https://www.oricon.c...pecial/52166/7/

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#3337 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:50 PM

YES!!! (It may not reach One Piece levels of popularity and top charts... yet, who knows in the next couple of years) Congrats to Horikoshi-sensei and the team!

Hopefully, the franchise will be very successful worldwide ala Pokemon, Dragon Ball, and *sigh* Naruto. Two Heroes crushed its box office debut in the US (passed Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F numbers). So I'm very happy for the franchise that it made it to the top 3!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3338 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:45 AM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Am So Proud!!!!!!!!! :yes: :D

#3339 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:30 PM

YES!!! (It may not reach One Piece levels of popularity and top charts... yet, who knows in the next couple of years) Congrats to Horikoshi-sensei and the team!

Hopefully, the franchise will be very successful worldwide ala Pokemon, Dragon Ball, and *sigh* Naruto. Two Heroes crushed its box office debut in the US (passed Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F numbers). So I'm very happy for the franchise that it made it to the top 3!

It didn't pass Resurrection F numbers debut, let alone the overall. Just want to correct this.

Also, hard to say. The backlogs was strong this year, but like The Seven Deadly Sins, it could only be a one-time moment in shine. Unless Shueisha goes  hard and put all stocks on MHA next year over One Piece with a film and game on the horizon and USA fans migrants to Japan, it's hard to say if it would ever pass the titan. The momentum, we just have to wait and see.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 30 November 2018 - 12:32 PM.

#3340 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:17 PM

Apparently, due to a delay, One Piece only had 3 volumes instead of the usual four this year. 

Attack of the Titans does seemed to be nearing it end unless something happens once they deal with Marley.

Seven Sin was in last years as well. Souma dropped off from 9th last year. Tokyo Ghoul went from 5 to 10.

it nice to see this doing so well.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 November 2018 - 02:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users