#1 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

Mangareader.net

Wow, for once MS got beaten HOURS early. Anyways, badass chapter through and through. Hmm.... a revelation of the brothers. This could be interesting. It also looks like a good chunk of Kumo's history will be revealed too. Not only that, it seems that Bee and Ei doesn't seem to be blood brothers at all. (I always thought the age gap were too big between them)

By the way, what do you guys think about Ei knowing Naruto's identity?? do you guys think he knew beforehand or did he just find out right then and there??

Edited by Codus N, 01 June 2011 - 03:42 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

I see that Kishi has decided to give Hinata more fan service showing how noticeable her boobs were on the color page.

Anyway the chapter in general was as I thought pure talk no jutsu from Naruto and Bee however the flashback was short so the chapter wasn't that bad thank goodness.

Edited by Gravenimage, 01 June 2011 - 03:56 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

So badass :') moves me to tears :') NARUTO'S TALK NO JUTSU WILL WORK. I BELIEVE, JUST LIKE MINATO BELIEVED IN NARUTO. Awwww and Bee with his fist bumps are so cute cool.gif

OTP and my Bby

#4 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

meh.. chapter ticked me off... we need to see Sakura and Naruto together now! are even Sakura finding out hes there.

#5 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

A is different than I thought, not caring about a Jinchuuriki's life. Kinda stupid. dry.gif
And what's this kind of plot twist; A and Bee aren't real brothers?

Also, the cover was funny. tongue.gif

#6 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

HOORAY FOR FAN-SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot.gif

Oh and the chapter was okay but kinda boring if you ask me. But Killer Bee and A are still awesome.

Looking forward to next week's chapter.

#7 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

When A started to say Minato failed, I was like, "uh-oh Naruto is gonna be mad". I was hoping he kicked A's ass but too bad Bee stopped them.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#8 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

At least the flashback was mercifully short. And Tsunade cracked pretty quick. Let's hope we'll finally see them enter the war in the next chapter.

#9 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

So A and Bee are not actual blood brothers, just two individuals that look alike with the same hair and all?

Hopefully we don't get another flashback scene, I honestly don't care about the background of these two, s I doubt unlike the Uchiha, and Kyuubi attack flashback it will really have any baring on the plot as a whole, just the current situation.

What's with Jiaraya telling the Kage of another nation they were at war with that he thought Minato was the child of Prophesy? The amount of random information that's becoming made known by Ninja's all of a sudden is starting to make me think Elite Ninja's are nothing more than gossiping housewifes. I mean seriously, they are meant to be Ninja's shrouded in Mystery, not known by everyone and thier next door neighbour.

iAnby7W.gif

#10 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 2 2011, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So A and Bee are not actual blood brothers, just two individuals that look alike with the same hair and all?

Hopefully we don't get another flashback scene, I honestly don't care about the background of these two, s I doubt unlike the Uchiha, and Kyuubi attack flashback it will really have any baring on the plot as a whole, just the current situation.

What's with Jiaraya telling the Kage of another nation they were at war with that he thought Minato was the child of Prophesy? The amount of random information that's becoming made known by Ninja's all of a sudden is starting to make me think Elite Ninja's are nothing more than gossiping housewifes. I mean seriously, they are meant to be Ninja's shrouded in Mystery, not known by everyone and thier next door neighbour.

Jiraiya probably bragged about his ace student being the child of prophecy. Causing Ei to be happy thinking he failed.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#11 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

Better than expected --Click here to view--

Hooray for a realistic touch to the Raikage's character. The political stuff is so lightly touched on, but it's true. A leader like A would see Naruto as a sacrifice to keeping their own jin alive. Or a trophy to be won.

His view is not all sunshine and roses: he sees the jins as a tool, as they were meant to be by the leaders of all the villages/nations. Only Konoha under Tsunade is really shown to be different.

(However, I would argue that Raikage should have let Naruto go on ahead without B, let Naruto take the brunt of the fight, get killed and satisfy Madara while they hold back B to come in at the end and clean up the mess. Then Cloud gets to keep their jin and come out on top looking like the heroes. That would be using the two weapons to the best tactical advantage.)

Anyway, Naruto is the one breaking the mold the hosts have been forced into. He's the one who's different here, not the Raikage. A's acting true to form. Kudos to Kishimoto for highlighting this problem instead of sweeping into under the rug and acting like all the nations are harmonious now.

Konoha and Kumo are pairing with other nations that have lost their jins. So you've got political entities that are going to be without their powerhouses when the war is over. I would imagine the viewpoint of the jinchurrikis as a tool is widely held among the political forces driving the war. And it's not hard to imagine that strife among the allies would result from the massive current and impending shifts of power. (I don't think it will be written into Naruto at this point, but even the shadow of that type of treachery adds more realism to the story. They are fighting alongside former enemies, after all. So the Raikage's unilateral decision to wipeout Konoha's power is not so far out of left field.)

Anyway, Naruto will save the day with his talk-no-jutsu, I'm sure.

Loved the pic of Shikamaru arguing with Ino and Ten-Ten. The hand gestures are great. Everyone's fighting and their bickering. Too funny.

And of course, his last, most singular thought is of Sakura, as always.

*ignoring Hinata's boobs, like I've done for the last 500 chapters*

edit: oh yeah, and the two illustration where he looks to Tsunade for support, and she really isn't free to give it... both had heartbreaking exp​ressions. Well done, there.

Edited by tricksie, 01 June 2011 - 05:07 PM.

#12 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

one thing is nice is when Naruto thought of all the people fighting for him (because of the mode his in) he thought of Sakura alone and got her own panel.

#13 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Jun 2 2011, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one thing is nice is when Naruto thought of all the people fighting for him (because of the mode his in) he thought of Sakura alone and got her own panel.

Nah probably didnt meant it that way. Since Sakura is the only medic-nin in Konoha 11 and she was alone in the medic camp. Shouldn't think too much about Naruto thinking about Sakura. We'll just wait for them to meet face to face to get a clear-cut moment.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#14 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

Not bad, not bad at all! I definitely liked this chapter over last chapter since we don't have to worry about a certain panel being the point of the conversation and the Raikage knows that Naruto is Minato's son? That's quite interesting to know, but what I want to know is, did Tsunade not know Naruto was Minato's son in that one panel or was she just shocked what the Raikage said about Minato since she knows how much Naruto cares for his precious people and he never likes people talking crap about them? We'll just have to see next chapter and it's quite a revelation that Bee and the Raikage aren't true brothers.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#15 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jun 1 2011, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah probably didnt meant it that way. Since Sakura is the only medic-nin in Konoha 11 and she was alone in the medic camp. Shouldn't think too much about Naruto thinking about Sakura. We'll just wait for them to meet face to face to get a clear-cut moment.

but thats how is presented in the panels.
his thinking about his friends fighting to protect him.
nah its not a moment. i just think its nice he thought of Sakura last.

Edited by Smiter, 01 June 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#16 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

I was kind of let down with this chapter. The last one left on such an intense note and this one kind of fizzled the intensity out. I mean I guess it's nice to know about KillerBee's and the Raikage's history, but honestly I don't really care. Finding out they're not blood related doesn't really impact the story much. I don't know why a chapter was taken to present that to the reader.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#17 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

Well, this was a complete waste of time. I already hated Minato, and I was already on the fence with Ei, but now I definitely hate him, so this entire chapter revolves around idiots I hate.

At least Tsunade is still cool. I don't think I could keep reading if she suddenly turned on Naruto.

I hope Killer Bee kicks Ei's ass straight through a wall.

... And is it just me, or is this one of the worst possible places to put a fanservice splash page? People are DYING, and suddenly, boobs?! What the hell?!

#18 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jun 1 2011, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... And is it just me, or is this one of the worst possible places to put a fanservice splash page? People are DYING, and suddenly, boobs?! What the hell?!

I think I can speak for every heterosexual male here when I say, "There is always time for boobs..." biggrin.gif

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#19 Zain7

Zain7

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jun 1 2011, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're wrong. The fact that Sakura was the last one Naruto thought of (+had a close-up) means a lot. While he sees others in groups (Kakashi&Guy&Co, Shika&Ino&Ten&Cho, Shino&Hinata), Sakura is the only person on that last fragment (don't forget that close-up), so he's completely focused on her.

#20 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Jun 1 2011, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it was because she's the main female character. She gets a solo panel. Nice one too- more showcasing of Sakura as a leader. Had to laugh at the color illustration, male and female fan service, but look at the difference between how the girls vs boys are acting: Kiba and Naruto fighting (probably over Kiba having invited Akamaru into with them) while Lee is basically cheering them on. Poor Chouji wants to soak in the bath too, but Akamaru takes up so much room he won't fit. The girls are just chilling out. Ino and Tenten chatting, Sakura just soaking and relaxing- but heh, I think the yuri shippers of HinataxSakura are going to get excited about how Hinata is looking at Sakura- she's looking at Sakura's backside like she's in adoration- even has her hand over her heart. laugh.gif Amused at how Kishimoto fanserviced Ino and Hinata (you see a fair amount of their breasts, but hid most of Tenten's and just the tinest hint of Sakura's (if you look close you'll see a cleavage line at Sakura's bustline. Hid Sakura's rather prominent behind from readers too- Hinata gets a full moon of it though laugh.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users