8039 replies to this topic

#7661 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

Nothing you say makes any sense at all. You're not doing anything but presenting an illogical conclusion and forcing the narrative to fit it. Oda is setting up BM vs Kaido vs Luffy and co at Wano. What you're suggesting is about as logical as Kaido wanting to be friendly with Luffy, or Teach to join the alliance. LOL

I don't see your proposition being any less lol. You think they're gonna fight two yonkos and be alright? :down:

Zoro telling the hard truth;

^This to me is foreshadowing.

Which might lead to this coming true, even though I don't want it;

Let's just see who gets the last laugh. I think we'll find out soon enough.

ナルサク

#7662 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:35 PM

We'll see what happens in 5 days. Pretty sure they need help.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#7663 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:46 PM

The thing is Nami's ability is really sharp meteorological awareness which she uses in her tact (staff) to create storms, but she can't control the weather only manipulate it on a small scale limited to the ability of her tact. Brook was able to hold his own against Big Mama because both their power are derived from soul manipulation, so they cancel each other out.

Luffy has never left an Island without defeating the big bad. It might be interesting to see him do so, but I doubt it will happen. 

The two remain goals of this arc is resolving Sanji's family issues, and making sure Big Mama and her crew are no longer at war with the Straw-hats.

I do see Puddin memory manipulation as well as that chef power coming into play in order to calm down Big Mama. but I doubt it will just be Sanji alone making a cake. But It would show his family his skills as a chef, and would probably convince Big Mama crew to agree to a truce with the Straw-hats.

What about magellan from Imperial down arc Luffy never really did beat him, he just manged to escape with 200 prisoners breaking his record.

#7664 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

I remember there was a discrouse a while back. Never really came to a conclusion because what did Oda really say ~but I just randomly stumbled upon a screenshot;

tumblr_osp6cvdxR81wo467so1_400.jpg

Is Nami the 3rd smartest in East Blue or of the characters introduced back then? It says those who were already introduced in that time(ch 66, which is around the Krieg arc)

ナルサク

#7665 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

Is Nami the 3rd smartest in East Blue or of the characters introduced back then? It says those who were already introduced in that time(ch 66, which is around the Krieg arc)

It said those introduced up until that time, so just 3rd smarted in the East Blue. Granted, she was much younger back then compared to all the smart people on the Grand Line. She is the best navigator who is really good with understanding weather. That will never make you smarter than the greatest scientist and doctors in the world (like Law, Judge, Caesar, Vegapunk, Chopper, etc). Nami will always be the 2nd or 3rd smartest on the crew. For a discussion of intelligence, Nami vs Robin is a much better one to have compared to Nami vs Chopper.

2XtVwF6.png

#7666 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

It said those introduced up until that time, so just 3rd smarted in the East Blue. Granted, she was much younger back then compared to all the smart people on the Grand Line. She is the best navigator who is really good with understanding weather. That will never make you smarter than the greatest scientist and doctors in the world (like Law, Judge, Caesar, Vegapunk, Chopper, etc). Nami will always be the 2nd or 3rd smartest on the crew. For a discussion of intelligence, Nami vs Robin is a much better one to have compared to Nami vs Chopper.

Well Chopper is the youngest strawhat at 15 but ofc he will be very formidable in the future if only in medical expertise. Nami vs Robin is a good question I honestly don't know. It's nice that she's confirmed smarter than Sanji though. They're both savvy thinkers and good strategists, but I don't Nami's in many ways besides that.

Edited by sushi., 18 July 2017 - 05:10 PM.

ナルサク

#7667 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

I remember there was a discrouse a while back. Never really came to a conclusion because what did Oda really say ~but I just randomly stumbled upon a screenshot;
tumblr_osp6cvdxR81wo467so1_400.jpg

Until such a time that someone else is named from the East Blue and is smarter than her, she's the third smartest to have come from the East Blue.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#7668 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:58 PM

Until such a time that someone else is named from the East Blue and is smarter than her, she's the third smartest to have come from the East Blue.

Why do you feel the need to discuss with the official translation and rephrase Oda's own words? I posted the screenshot to end confusion because the answer isn't subtle at all.

Not every introduced character were even from the East Blue, and Beckman isn't confirmed to be from there. With what you're saying Sanji could also be smarter than Nami but the translation denies that. It's more accurate to say 'the characters appeared as far as ch66/volume 8'.

Edited by sushi., 18 July 2017 - 10:59 PM.

ナルサク

#7669 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:33 PM

Why do you feel the need to discuss with the official translation and rephrase Oda's own words? I posted the screenshot to end confusion because the answer isn't subtle at all.
Not every introduced character were even from the East Blue, and Beckman isn't confirmed to be from there. With what you're saying Sanji could also be smarter than Nami but the translation denies that. It's more accurate to say 'the characters appeared as far as ch66/volume 8'.

Firstly, I skimmed through your post, and thought you were asking a question.

Secondly, there isn't any rephrasing going on, and it really isn't that hard of a thing to understand. At that point, of the characters introduced, Nami was the third smartest to come from the East Blue. Since then, Oda hasn't introduced characters that came from the East Blue and are smarter than Nami, therefore Nami is still the 3rd smartest person to come from the East Blue that we know of. I'm not rephrasing anything, I'm not twisting anything. Also, no, I'm not saying and never have said that Sanji could be smarter than Nami, nor have any of my statements left that open for suggestion. Sanji is not from the East Blue. It was apparent in his backstory, even then, that he wasn't from there. So no, with what I'm saying (which is the same as the translation) Sanji is not included in that discussion.

EXL5X4B.png

#7670 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

Firstly, I skimmed through your post, and thought you were asking a question.

Secondly, there isn't any rephrasing going on, and it really isn't that hard of a thing to understand. At that point, of the characters introduced, Nami was the third smartest to come from the East Blue. Since then, Oda hasn't introduced characters that came from the East Blue and are smarter than Nami, therefore Nami is still the 3rd smartest person to come from the East Blue that we know of. I'm not rephrasing anything, I'm not twisting anything. Also, no, I'm not saying and never have said that Sanji could be smarter than Nami, nor have any of my statements left that open for suggestion. Sanji is not from the East Blue. It was apparent in his backstory, even then, that he wasn't from there. So no, with what I'm saying (which is the same as the translation) Sanji is not included in that discussion.

Please read my posts more carefully because I never accused you of anything, I simply pointed out the big difference our two interpretations make. Sanji is a part of the discussion because by the time of the statement he had already made an appearance, thus he is part of the ranking. If you say he isn't, he(and all the other characters that wasn't from there) could still be smarter than Nami, because he isn't from the east blue. She is the 3rd smartest character from that time, not that place.

The words literally are "keep in mind this only applies to the characters that have appeared so far". There is no mention of the east blue. It counts all the characters appeared.

ナルサク

#7671 Aevrum

Aevrum

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

A little bit off topic but:
I caught up with the latest chapters and was really surprised by the amount of German words Oda used literally everywhere.

And that made me remember a little fun fact I wanted to share:

'Dangerous' by David Guetta (https://youtu.be/FsfrsLxt0l8) is using a sample from the beginning of the first German One Piece opening (The best One Piece opening in any language ever :D). (https://youtu.be/nZk9Nn-U9sM)

Maybe you already knew of this, but I still think it is hilarious^^

The good old times of legendary German Anime Dub...

#7672 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

Break next week. I guess that means something epic will happen in the next release.

#7673 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

Break next week. I guess that means something epic will happen in the next release.

Noooooooooooooooo

#7674 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

Chapter not out, but spoilers are

2XtVwF6.png

#7675 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

Please read my posts more carefully because I never accused you of anything, I simply pointed out the big difference our two interpretations make. Sanji is a part of the discussion because by the time of the statement he had already made an appearance, thus he is part of the ranking. If you say he isn't, he(and all the other characters that wasn't from there) could still be smarter than Nami, because he isn't from the east blue. She is the 3rd smartest character from that time, not that place.

The words literally are "keep in mind this only applies to the characters that have appeared so far". There is no mention of the east blue. It counts all the characters appeared.

Ok:

Maybe you should read your statements more carefully. 

Sanji was never from the east blue. Both Nami and Kuro are pirates from the east blue. He didn't have to mention the East Blue because that was the only sea that existed at the time. Oda never intended to go past the east blue. So he was specifically talking about the East Blue. Either way you look at it, the debate first arose when FY was denigrating Nami in favor of Sanji, iirc. No matter the interpretation, I was right in regards to Nami being smarter than Sanji, which was the initial context of the debate. 

EXL5X4B.png

#7676 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:11 PM

0 to 100 real quick. They will all die now. Story ends next chapter.

Convenient

2XtVwF6.png

#7677 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:45 PM

Either way you look at it, the debate first arose when FY was denigrating Nami in favor of Sanji, iirc. No matter the interpretation, I was right in regards to Nami being smarter than Sanji, which was the initial context of the debate

No I didn't. Never once did I call Sanji smarter than Nami. She was the smartest on the crew until Chopper joined. Now she is the 2nd or 3rd. I see people say that Sanji is smarter because he might be the best strategist on the crew, but when it comes to which takes more brains, I put drawing a map of the world over that just like I put navigating over cooking. I would never put a freakishly strong cook over a navigator who can control weather if we were talking intelligence. Nami is the 3rd smartest among everyone we saw from ch1 to ch66. We didn't see the doctors or scientist or many other bright people all over East Blue.

Nami is the 3rd smartest we saw, but that doesn't mean she is the 3rd smartest from the East Blue. It means she is the 3rd smartest Oda drew into a character at that time. Could be 100+ scientist with no reason of being made into a character in the East Blue who were smarter than Nami at that time. Saying they don't count is like saying the 1000 people (mostly fodder in the background) Oda drew in the East Blue are the only people who existed there.

Also, I'm pretty sure Dragon is smarter than everyone on that list except maybe Beckham, and he appeared in the East Blue to save Luffy. He just did it after chapter 66. If I had to guess, Dragon came from the East Blue. With all this being said, I think Nami will be the smartest from the East Blue (above Dragon and Beckham) by the end of the series. Yes that includes all the scientist and doctors from there too, because we're talking about Dragon and Beckham here.

2XtVwF6.png

#7678 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

m0011_khvq_IGnjfss.jpg

m0047_j_UJ_B55o-_Z8.jpg

#7679 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

Really happy to see Tashigi ranked 32nd while being out of the spotlight for such a long time. It means she'll be around 15th when she has her big moment that makes her jump up to Vice Admiral and be the new generations Tsuru.

2XtVwF6.png

#7680 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

Oh she'll fall out..... :fu: I'm just saying Popularity is a fickle thing

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200