3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2922 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:02 AM

This chapter actually makes you wonder how Azami managed to convince Saitou of the new regime? He sounds like a man who would put honour and loyalty above all else, so seeing him go against the school in such a way feels like it would go against his Bushido code of conduct.

The more you find out about them the less convincing it feels about Azami recruiting the Elite members of voting for someone like him, the first seat doesn't like confrontation, so Azami having them teach sounds like his worst nightmare, Rindou I can actually see voting for him for laughs, but also someone who would quickly regret her decision once she finds out what Azami plans for the school specially how restrictive he is being, The only ones I could see being convinced is Eizen, Nene and even Kuga, as he does come across as a bit of a hot head and a spoiled brat, so he could be convinced if he was convinced it would help him get the number one seat.

Also I just want to say this double page might just give me nightmares tonight,

https://bato.to/read...d2dd62abfa4c_17

I am a bit confused by this chapter, I thought after his defeat against Souma, Subaru would walk his own path, taking what he learnt from his mimic style and evolve into creating his own style, one that took in all the knowledge he's gained, instead he's doubled down on his mimic ability, so unless we see something new from him next week, I don't see any difference in him, expect he's more respectful of his opponents.

I think he reason when he was first introduced is that he felt that the new regime would give him more chances to test and hone his skills. Other then that he just represents the military that supports the totalitarian regimes.

I see him only convincing Nene Eishi, and Eizen to be honest. This another problem is because it doesn't feel that the traitors would willingly side with him or even believe what he is spouting. They are suppose to by the standards of shounen believe that this was a good idea and then realize they were wrong after they are beaten in their match and reform. Instead it comes off that once they lose everyone even Azami will just shrug their shoulder and go oh well.

The mimic ability is what makes him unique in this cast Also he add comedic scene like the one that gave you nightmares where he acts like other characters while being gonk.

anyone have a link to the chapter?

Harry post before yours has one.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 28 July 2017 - 03:03 AM.

#2923 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

anyone have a link to the chapter?

http://bato.to/reade...1d2dd62abfa4c_1 for Bato.to

or

http://manga.fascans...eki-no-soma/225

at the scanlators website

Mangastream don't appear to have their translation up yet.

iAnby7W.gif

#2924 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

#2925 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:43 AM

I hate Subaru Mimasaki so much *sigh* He did make this chapter funny though.

Note: My lost comment I meant to write I don't want to see win not win. Though he is being built up as a ultimate support character so him winning might be the best option for the message of the manga.

Yeah Azami changed the playing field too much, it's like when Aizen was bought into the battle field in Bleach, he was too OP, and when he was defeated the manga had to do a hard reset on Ichigo's powers to move forward, but even then the manga never recovered from that battle.

By essentially going for this Battle Royale against the elite, with the school careers of all the rebels and Jouchirou's future on the line, they can't even go for a loss for the rebels, as the stakes are too high, before I thought if Souma and a couple of others were the only ones at risk, I could see them being being expelled, then going on a year long training trip, maybe even joining a smaller rival school) then coming back to take back control, but the way it stands, it would be a hard sell, I don't think the fans would react well to having the entire Star Dorm expelled along with the sympathizers.

Though if Jouchirou's career wasn't on the line, I could see the rebels with Jouchirou, Souzaemon and Gin breaking off and starting their own school and then coming back stronger to compete, but Joucirou being part of the bet makes me think it's an unlikely route.

At this point, I just want Azami gone. I never ever want him to come back b/c quite honestly, if it wasn't for the Joichirou flashback, he would be ranked as one of the worst shounen antagonists I've ever seen. I'm not saying that a character with Azami's goal (destroying and monopolizing all forms of culinary institutes) was bad. No, I believe if properly executed, Azami could have been a great villain. But pulling this off successfully requires some sort of fine balancing b/w character dialogue and character actions without making the villain look like a delusional moron. And I just... don't see this with Azami. He's just an edgy and pathetic villain. At least it goes along with the kitten father role.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2926 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

I hate Subaru Mimasaki so much *sigh* He did make this chapter funny though.

At this point, I just want Azami gone. I never ever want him to come back b/c quite honestly, if it wasn't for the Joichirou flashback, he would be ranked as one of the worst shounen antagonists I've ever seen. I'm not saying that a character with Azami's goal (destroying and monopolizing all forms of culinary institutes) was bad. No, I believe if properly executed, Azami could have been a great villain. But pulling this off successfully requires some sort of fine balancing b/w character dialogue and character actions without making the villain look like a delusional moron. And I just... don't see this with Azami. He's just an edgy and pathetic villain. At least it goes along with the kitten father role.

He really is one of the worst villains, not just him as a character and his methods, but his motivations, he's literally put his own daughter through hell, made multiple businesses crumble against his demands, ruined the dreams of hundreds of students, stamped out their creativity , possibly even trapped a innocent girl into a loveless marriage, all for the sake of one person who never held any ill will against the school in the first plat,and was grateful to the headmaster for encouraging him to walk his own path instead of staying in school and crumble against the expectations of others.

It's a weak plotline, he's a weak character, his thinking methods don't even make sense. Seriously did nobody in the planing team say things out loud and notice how pathetic it sounds? He dedicated his entire adult life for this revenge, potentially ruining thousands of lives for the sake of someone who was living a happy care free life.

iAnby7W.gif

#2927 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, That's what happens when you try to hard to make something mundane into a shone battlesque like series. :mellow: Oh well, like I said I UNDERSTAND he is a pointless, pathetic excuse for a villain, but he is meant to develop Erina, not to make the story interesting by any means :yes:

#2928 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

Azami only accomplishes two thing: he allows Souma and the other to fight the ten seats before the 3rd years graduate, and his presence finally kick-started SoumaXErina. Other then that he has supreme power in the school that he could crush Souma gang easily but instead he kittens around, amuses himself, and play around with them until they inevitably defeats him. Once this tournament is over Souma and his gang will control the Ten seats the very group that put him in power. What's he gonna do then? Have a last stand cook battle where he defeated then reformed?

#2929 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

Yeah, That's what happens when you try to hard to make something mundane into a shone battlesque like series. :mellow: Oh well, like I said I UNDERSTAND he is a pointless, pathetic excuse for a villain, but he is meant to develop Erina, not to make the story interesting by any means :yes:

Only trouble with that is the Character growth all happened relatively early on, when he ended up at the Star Dorm, and most of that happened without any action from Azami himself, just by his presence and her location.

It could have been done differently, in a way that didn't drag the whole manga down the drain, also I'm not really sure we needed Erina's character to develop so rapidly, we were already seeing glipse of her growth, and her true character along the way. Though maybe a part of me just wanted Souma and Erina's rivalry to continue to grow, along with their relationship. Seeing her change her ways over the period of the manga, as they clashed heads with their different ideologies to reach the number one seat.

iAnby7W.gif

#2930 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:50 PM

Well, if you ask me, it really wasn't worth it. It ultimately brought the quality of the series down to a point that it will be hard to recover from b/c his entrance has basically disrupted the organic pacing of the story: The stakes are suddenly so high, 2/3 of the Polar Star Dorm gets kicked out when we know exactly they'll rejoin the school, we get a fight-off with the Elite Ten under really weird circumstances.

He could have developed Erina differently. Azami could have just been a horrible dad without being a villain. Like, it really wasn't that hard, lmfao.

Edited by trang95, 04 August 2017 - 04:15 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#2931 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

True, although I think she wouldn't have changed that much if they had just played the "Azami is a kittening father route". Don't get me wrong I see Azami being included in the story to be a massive flaw, to the point of even calling it a mistake, but ultimately it's for a huge change in Erina, as bad of a trade off as it is. I am really disinterested  in the current arc for sure, but I would really love to see where Erina's character is headed after this. BUT THEY HAD BETTER make her more prominent in the story after going through all this trouble and "plot assassination" :mellow:

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 December 2017 - 04:01 AM.

#2932 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

Mangastreams translations now available,

Not sure what to say, first half felt a bit fillerish specially with the commentator one again butting in, (Are we ever gonna see her in a Shokugeki?) and then ended in a manner that felt like they might be rushing things to end the battle early. (Or maybe they are going to show all three battle results next week because Team Azami are going to get a whitewash win and want to show the impact of three quick defeats.

iAnby7W.gif

#2933 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:16 AM

Mangastreams translations now available,

Not sure what to say, first half felt a bit fillerish specially with the commentator one again butting in, (Are we ever gonna see her in a Shokugeki?) and then ended in a manner that felt like they might be rushing things to end the battle early. (Or maybe they are going to show all three battle results next week because Team Azami are going to get a whitewash win and want to show the impact of three quick defeats.

It feels that since that since these are the disposable characters on Souma's team and they may all be taken out. Why draw it out? No one really cares about these matches so speed them up. So they can get back to the important matches so we can end this arc sooner. 

#2934 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

Very true

#2935 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

With them showing Urara's reaction to Mimasaki's sushi, it's pretty much confirmed that Mimasaki will lose, lmfao. I'm pretty sure Eishi will win. I'm uncertain about the Rindo vs Megishima fight. I feel like Megishima shouldn't be underestimated.

Btw, surprised to see that Urara is still part of the 91st generation. She must be a decent cook if she hasn't been thrown out of Tootsuki yet. I would like for her to see some more chapters outside of her narrating all the shokugekis.

Edited by trang95, 06 August 2017 - 10:53 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#2936 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:29 PM

yeah Rindo versus Tosuke is going to be the closest match by far

#2937 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

yeah Rindo versus Tosuke is going to be the closest match by far

I kind of want Megishima to win... Just to see what all the Rindou worshippers are gonna react like XD.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#2938 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

Want popcorn when it happens? XD

#2939 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:22 AM

Want popcorn when it happens? XD

Yes, please. And nachos, too.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#2940 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:45 AM

The first season got dubbed at some point just found that out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users