73 replies to this topic

#21 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:05 PM

Very true I do wonder if there is a point to have the Justice Leauge all the planet needs is just Superman, I think someone once said he could take on everyone and needs no one as he can just solo anyone, its why I ask this as well since I have not had the money to buy the comics.

Superman could I guess, but why do it alone? It's like asking why go out with friends when you are perfectly fine drinking alone? It's just more fun with friends. Plus they provide more than just back up they give alternate views and allow Superman to test himself and his abilities. Maybe even teach him a few things. You can't improve yourself if you are alone.

Plus, the Flash said it himself: "I am the fastest man alive, but even I can't be everywhere at once."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 09 August 2017 - 11:06 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#22 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

Superman could I guess, but why do it alone? It's like asking why go out with friends when you are perfectly fine drinking alone? It's just more fun with friends. Plus they provide more than just back up they give alternate views and allow Superman to test himself and his abilities. Maybe even teach him a few things. You can't improve yourself if you are alone.

Plus, the Flash said it himself: "I am the fastest man alive, but even I can't be everywhere at once."

Thanks James that has been bugging me for a while it has on why not just have Superman be the only Hero and he has been trapped at least from the comic I have they are all 80's comics so he is not as powerful as he is in the ones that come out now then again I might be wrong.

Sadly they are all in the loft where I live, what I can say is I do have the very first issue of Superman then one that started it all.

#23 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:37 PM

Thanks James that has been bugging me for a while it has on why not just have Superman be the only Hero and he has been trapped at least from the comic I have they are all 80's comics so he is not as powerful as he is in the ones that come out now then again I might be wrong.

Sadly they are all in the loft where I live, what I can say is I do have the very first issue of Superman then one that started it all.

You're welcome. Like I said, Superman is not about power struggles. It's not DBZ or some Micheal Bay movie. It is meant to be something deeper. As well, Superman is strong enough to handle planetary disasters and threats too, not just minor ones like burglary and possibly suicide jumpers.

Take a look at this one:
https://comicnewbies...ion-on-suicide/

Why doesn't Superman be the only hero? Because he doesn't want to be. It is a lonely existence, but if you can find people who understand you. who go through what you do as much as you do, then you will never be alone. Superman is about hope. Hope for a better future, Hope for people to be better in themselves.

As he said himself: "I am hoping that one day people won't need me to be Superman anymore because they will be strong enough to do it on their own."

He is not just a hero to people, he is a hero to heroes.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 09 August 2017 - 11:38 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#24 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:04 AM

You're welcome. Like I said, Superman is not about power struggles. It's not DBZ or some Micheal Bay movie. It is meant to be something deeper. As well, Superman is strong enough to handle planetary disasters and threats too, not just minor ones like burglary and possibly suicide jumpers.

Take a look at this one:
https://comicnewbies...ion-on-suicide/

Why doesn't Superman be the only hero? Because he doesn't want to be. It is a lonely existence, but if you can find people who understand you. who go through what you do as much as you do, then you will never be alone. Superman is about hope. Hope for a better future, Hope for people to be better in themselves.

As he said himself: "I am hoping that one day people won't need me to be Superman anymore because they will be strong enough to do it on their own."

He is not just a hero to people, he is a hero to heroes.

True man, one thing is not matter what he does trys he will never beat evil new ones will always show up to cause some trouble the fight for good is a never ending battle for peace, but I do like me some darkness in stories hence why I watch the walking dead as does Evil100 hell he has more superman comics they are all from the 70's and I think he said 60's as well.

Sadly James, Evil100 has left this site thanks to someone you know all to well that keeps saying how something is so great, I know me and him talked on the DC cinma univers that they are doing, so far he says Wonder women is the only good DC flim that have done.

Edited by The Doctor forever, 10 August 2017 - 12:26 AM.

#25 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:14 AM

Good question and actually a little tricky to answer.

I know you probably mean "Grim Reaper" as in Death and the answers is....no, but Superman has fought super villains who have taken on the name Grim Reaper or "Death" or something similar to that moniker. In fact, I don't remember Superman ever meeting any kind of personification of death. I know he had met his father in heaven once during his "death," but this was more like existentialism.

Superman has actually fought the devil Lucifer once and even beat him and even both won and lost against Trigon. A very powerful being that is Raven's father.

This fight, although not canon, was very interesting to see. Mr. Mxyzsptlk vs Trigon. Basically, a 5th dimensional reality warper vs the devil.
image.jpg

The closest thing I can think of him fighting a guy similar to death is in the time of Pre-crisis when he fighting against Spectre and well...that doesn't end well.

personally, even though it was Bronze Age Superman, he should have punched a hole in The Spectre with ease. Any Superman PIS off should be running through the DC UNiverse or any Universe for that matter. Especially Silver Age Superman.

Great thread James, about time someone made it.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#26 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:01 PM

personally, even though it was Bronze Age Superman, he should have punched a hole in The Spectre with ease. Any Superman PIS off should be running through the DC UNiverse or any Universe for that matter. Especially Silver Age Superman.

Great thread James, about time someone made it.

Thanks. I figure this will take it out of the debate thread and put it more here.

As for The Spectre, I love Superman and all, but even I have to admit where limits are. Maybe at full power he could be a contender, but there is a slight power distinguish

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 August 2017 - 08:03 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:41 AM

On that Topic I want to ask what characters has Superman lost against in the comics? I just want to know because I want to see how the popular media viewers of Superman overgeneralize on how he's boring because he wins all his fights, particularly those that never read the comics. 

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

Oh, awesome thread! OK, let's see if I can come up with anything:

1-Superman has fought several enemies. However, I also remember him having struggles with himself (ie: acceptance of his powers; when to do what it's correct; etc.) . Out of all these turmoils, which one has been the most difficult one for him to overcome?

2-Kind of a personal question, but which version of Superman do you most relate to?

3-Out of all the movies out there, which one do you believe has the best resemblance to the Superman from the comics (it can be a comic film or a motion picture/real actors film)?

4-Superman represents hope. Which villain represents the opposite of his qualities and how did he defeat said villain?

Hope those are enough for now. :)

#29 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:10 AM

On that Topic I want to ask what characters has Superman lost against in the comics? I just want to know because I want to see how the popular media viewers of Superman overgeneralize on how he's boring because he wins all his fights, particularly those that never read the comics. 

James's probably knows more cases, but one I do know of case he lost was a boxing match with Muhammad Ali. In which an alien race found to be a threat and they decided to prove their might by having their greatest champion vs earth's, superman and Ali were the two canidate so they had fight against each other to see who'd fight the alien champion. to make the fight even it was on the alien planet with a red sun which takes superman's powers so it was a battle of skill with boxing so Ali won.

I would recomed looking at the wiki page to see how the story ends or buying it. https://en.wikipedia...s._Muhammad_Ali

or look at screw attack desk of death battle 

I would also recommend looking at their other video's such as the time superman took on the kkk.

As for super powered beings I believe at some point it was said Captain/Shazam and Martian Manhunter are more powerful than superman so they could beat him (i know that Manhunter beat Ultraman once who is superman's parallel evil counterpart) Though I'm not sure if that is the case anymore.

I think it is also said that his cousin Kara the original Supergirl has more potential and in theory could beat him, but superman has had more years with sun radiation absorbed in his body and years of experience mastering and fighting with the powers so he would most likely win, this is the case with other kryptonians like Zod, best example would be the new krypton storyline.

Other than that another Superman could beat another superman, best example is the first Injustice game were the good superman beat the evil injustice superman.

As for batman beating superman that has never been in canon main verses only in elsewords such as the Injustice 2 game though the winner depends who you chose to play as in the final chapter and the dark knight strikes again by Frank Miller who is a massive Batman fanboy, who is now known to be a hack who is racist, sexist and anti Muslim. For more one this just look at atop the fourth wall's miller time videos 

Ever time batman fights him in canon he loses or nearly gets killed because superman is under control by someone, example would be in Batman Hush written by Joe Lebb who also wrote the batman supman team up comics some which were adapted into movies mainly the ones were they wanted enemies of the united states and supergirls reintroduction in post crisis) where Poison Ivy spore have infected him and Batman with a krypronite ring and along with krypto the suprdog hold him off until they can cure him from the spores.

I would look at angry Joe's video more on how batman beating superman is ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjySvkabZI

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 22 August 2017 - 02:10 AM.

#30 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:28 AM

Another trick question. By "lost" do you mean merely defeated in battle, killed, or something else like in a race?

BlueStarSaber answered the questions with battles, but I am going for something more....weightful.

Let me start with this: The only person who can ever truly defeat Superman is......Superman himself. Both literally and metaphorically.

I could give a list of people who have beaten Superman up or actually killed him, but each story has this weird sense of "plot induced stupidity" to Superman where he either never uses a power that could kill the other opponent or easily defeat them with it. They also have moment where Superman is easily super under powered or they nerf him so others can have a chance to fight.

Let me give examples: Apparently the Flash can defeat Superman because he is faster "so easily", but apparently loses to weaker opponents like Captain Cold or whatever. You see how stupid plot induced stupidity to create a plot can be?

Muhammed Ali? Well, Superman was depowered. Not really a "fight" since Superman was not "Superman." Take away the Flash's powers of super speed and would he still be the Flash? Not really. He would just be Barry Allen or Wally West.

Batman?

How about the time Superman outsmarted Batman when Batman had Superman's powers and Superman had none? No one ever brings up these fights because they know that it would discredit all their arguments.

Every time we see Superman fight another person, there is always some excuse why Superman doesn't go full out and just blast them into oblivion. Especially true when he fights other heroes.
However, in the end it comes down to two fundamental facts
-Superman always has to remain morally good
-If Superman has to fight someone, he ALWAYS holds back so as to not kill the person they are fighting.

In essence, Superman's powers are limitless...despite what people like to think because Superman's true fight is not for power, but for moral struggle. If Superman has been pushed to the point of a blood rage, no one is going to survive, but if he does that then Superman truly does lose because he resorted to something that he should never resort to unless there is no other choice.

Superman has lost to everyone in the Justice League at least once, but there are many stories where Superman has dominated the Justice League so many times to the point that yeah, people can get a punch or hit in or two, but as soon as Superman let's go and pouts effort into it...the battle is over.

Superman said so himself: "People think they can hurt me. That is the easy part. Anyone can hurt me. The real trick is surviving me."

The problem with a lot of people nowadays is that they want to read stories like Dragonball where Goku is ALWAYS getting his ass kicked and then somehow, whether trough massive outside help or some secret transformation, manages to overcome the struggles of being weak vs a strong character. This is because they love this idea of "Man vs God" where man struggles, but eventually beats God.

Superman is not this type of story. Superman is a story of a god trying to be a man so he purposely holds himself back because he wants to face the same struggles that man does even if it means getting his asskicked for the right reasons.

People say Superman is unrealistic and unrelatable, but in reality Superman is the most relatable super hero in fictional history. More so even than Batman. Why? Because is an outsider trying to fit into a world he doesn't belong to and just wants to live a normal peaceful life without problems, but knows that when it comes to problems that cross your path you have to face them head on. Whether it be a friend, a villain, or even just your own self.

So who has defeated Superman? Everyone, but Superman has also beaten everyone else as well...and guess what? I don't anyone look down on Batman or Wonder Woman, or anyone else when Superman kicks their ass, but they constantly look down on Superman every time someone beats him or even just "lands a punch."

Ask someone to show you times Superman got beaten and I will show you, just a few pages past those panels, how Superman got right back up and began to either beat them worse than they did to him or showcase how just trying to defeat Superman just shows how weak they truly are.

Here is question I would ask in return: If all these people can so call "beat Superman," then how in the world do they get their ass kicked easily by weaker beings that can't even compete with Superman? How many times has Superman actually died canonically?

Every time people want to talk about how "this person beat up Superman," but always want to discredit or not count the times Superman kicked their ass in every other story.

At the end of the day though, Stan Lee said it best when it came to "who would win in a fight?" The answer? "Whoever the writers wants."

Oh, awesome thread! OK, let's see if I can come up with anything:

1-Superman has fought several enemies. However, I also remember him having struggles with himself (ie: acceptance of his powers; when to do what it's correct; etc.) . Out of all these turmoils, which one has been the most difficult one for him to overcome?

2-Kind of a personal question, but which version of Superman do you most relate to?

3-Out of all the movies out there, which one do you believe has the best resemblance to the Superman from the comics (it can be a comic film or a motion picture/real actors film)?

4-Superman represents hope. Which villain represents the opposite of his qualities and how did he defeat said villain?

Hope those are enough for now. :)

1.) I'd say the most difficult one is trying to find his place in the world. He doesn't fit in. He will always be "the alien," "The Superman," "The hero." He can't live a normal human life unless he wears a disguise. He is not human...even though he wants to be so badly. He wants to live like a human and not have to hold back or suppress who he really is. It is like what he told Batman: He would give up all he has to be human just like Batman. Meanwhile, Batman would give everything he has to be Superman.

Funny part is, this makes him more human than any one of us. So essentially, he achieves his goals by not being us.

2.) Superman: Birthright.

3.) Christopher Reeves Superman....and this fan made film.

4.) Lex Luthor. He is everything Superman isn't. No powers, untrustworthy, and only cares about world domination and his own agenda. He is also a liar that hides all of this behind a guise of "human revolution"

Edited by James S Cassidy, 23 August 2017 - 12:50 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#31 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:55 AM

Question from me James which Origin story/stories best represents Superman's begging?  

#32 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

Another trick question. By "lost" do you mean merely defeated in battle, killed, or something else like in a race?

BlueStarSaber answered the questions with battles, but I am going for something more....weightful.

Let me start with this: The only person who can ever truly defeat Superman is......Superman himself. Both literally and metaphorically.

I could give a list of people who have beaten Superman up or actually killed him, but each story has this weird sense of "plot induced stupidity" to Superman where he either never uses a power that could kill the other opponent or easily defeat them with it. They also have moment where Superman is easily super under powered or they nerf him so others can have a chance to fight.

Let me give examples: Apparently the Flash can defeat Superman because he is faster "so easily", but apparently loses to weaker opponents like Captain Cold or whatever. You see how stupid plot induced stupidity to create a plot can be?

Muhammed Ali? Well, Superman was depowered. Not really a "fight" since Superman was not "Superman." Take away the Flash's powers of super speed and would he still be the Flash? Not really. He would just be Barry Allen or Wally West.

Batman?

How about the time Superman outsmarted Batman when Batman had Superman's powers and Superman had none? No one ever brings up these fights because they know that it would discredit all their arguments.

Every time we see Superman fight another person, there is always some excuse why Superman doesn't go full out and just blast them into oblivion. Especially true when he fights other heroes.
However, in the end it comes down to two fundamental facts
-Superman always has to remain morally good
-If Superman has to fight someone, he ALWAYS holds back so as to not kill the person they are fighting.

In essence, Superman's powers are limitless...despite what people like to think because Superman's true fight is not for power, but for moral struggle. If Superman has been pushed to the point of a blood rage, no one is going to survive, but if he does that then Superman truly does lose because he resorted to something that he should never resort to unless there is no other choice.

Superman has lost to everyone in the Justice League at least once, but there are many stories where Superman has dominated the Justice League so many times to the point that yeah, people can get a punch or hit in or two, but as soon as Superman let's go and pouts effort into it...the battle is over.

Superman said so himself: "People think they can hurt me. That is the easy part. Anyone can hurt me. The real trick is surviving me."

The problem with a lot of people nowadays is that they want to read stories like Dragonball where Goku is ALWAYS getting his ass kicked and then somehow, whether trough massive outside help or some secret transformation, manages to overcome the struggles of being weak vs a strong character. This is because they love this idea of "Man vs God" where man struggles, but eventually beats God.

Superman is not this type of story. Superman is a story of a god trying to be a man so he purposely holds himself back because he wants to face the same struggles that man does even if it means getting his asskicked for the right reasons.

People say Superman is unrealistic and unrelatable, but in reality Superman is the most relatable super hero in fictional history. More so even than Batman. Why? Because is an outsider trying to fit into a world he doesn't belong to and just wants to live a normal peaceful life without problems, but knows that when it comes to problems that cross your path you have to face them head on. Whether it be a friend, a villain, or even just your own self.

So who has defeated Superman? Everyone, but Superman has also beaten everyone else as well...and guess what? I don't anyone look down on Batman or Wonder Woman, or anyone else when Superman kicks their ass, but they constantly look down on Superman every time someone beats him or even just "lands a punch."

Ask someone to show you times Superman got beaten and I will show you, just a few pages past those panels, how Superman got right back up and began to either beat them worse than they did to him or showcase how just trying to defeat Superman just shows how weak they truly are.

Here is question I would ask in return: If all these people can so call "beat Superman," then how in the world do they get their ass kicked easily by weaker beings that can't even compete with Superman? How many times has Superman actually died canonically?

Every time people want to talk about how "this person beat up Superman," but always want to discredit or not count the times Superman kicked their ass in every other story.

At the end of the day though, Stan Lee said it best when it came to "who would win in a fight?" The answer? "Whoever the writers wants."

1.) I'd say the most difficult one is trying to find his place in the world. He doesn't fit in. He will always be "the alien," "The Superman," "The hero." He can't live a normal human life unless he wears a disguise. He is not human...even though he wants to be so badly. He wants to live like a human and not have to hold back or suppress who he really is. It is like what he told Batman: He would give up all he has to be human just like Batman. Meanwhile, Batman would give everything he has to be Superman.

Funny part is, this makes him more human than any one of us. So essentially, he achieves his goals by not being us.

2.) Superman: Birthright.

3.) Christopher Reeves Superman....and this fan made film.

4.) Lex Luthor. He is everything Superman isn't. No powers, untrustworthy, and only cares about world domination and his own agenda. He is also a liar that hides all of this behind a guise of "human revolution"

ah okay thanks for that. And yeah I mean lost to in a fight  if not killed. as explained earlier I want to have an idea of how the "general" pop culture fandom "generalize" Superman as boring because he wins all of his fights, when, as you say,  they NEVER read a Superman comic. I also had  discussion with my brother and  he brought out a point that that is just irrationally over simplifying thing because when we watch some Superman movies he does actually struggle so he's not as combat invincible as people make him out to be. and there are the internal struggles as well as you say, but it seems  a lot of pop culture fans don't even acknowledge that, much less appreciate it.

And as you say where Superman is "as strong as the writer and story need him to be" the same applies for other characters so that's how they can win against Superman but lose to someone weaker than themselves and even Super has been subjected to that by purposely weakening him. 

On a side note is Superman "weakened" when fighting against villains like Darkseid and Doomsday? Specifically with Doomsday I mean after the Death of Superman storyline

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 September 2017 - 10:25 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#33 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:11 AM

ah okay thanks for that. And yeah I mean lost to in a fight  if not killed. as explained earlier I want to have an idea of how the "general" pop culture fandom "generalize" Superman as boring because he wins all of his fights, when, as you say,  they NEVER read a Superman comic. I also had  discussion with my brother and  he brought out a point that that is just irrationally over simplifying thing because when we watch some Superman movies he does actually struggle so he's not as combat invincible as people make him out to be. and there are the internal struggles as well as you say, but it seems  a lot of pop culture fans don't even acknowledge that, much less appreciate it.

And as you say where Superman is "as strong as the writer and story need him to be" the same applies for other characters so that's how they can win against Superman but lose to someone weaker than themselves and even Super has been subjected to that by purposely weakening him. 

On a side note is Superman "weakened" when fighting against villains like Darkseid and Doomsday? Specifically with Doomsday I mean after the Death of Superman storyline

Well like I said before when explaining the death of superman story line with Doomsday whatever kills him makes him stronger so can't be killed the same way twice so Superman has to think of a clever way to beat him time and time again not just just with brute strength as Superman is actually quite clever in defeating his foes,  a recent example I can think of is the volume 1 of action comics story-line where pre 52 superman revels himself to the public just as Lex Luthor is announcing himself as the new superman only for their confrontation to be interrupted by Doomsday. However I do believe James has sated to me that Doomsday has gained some form of fear of Superman since he has killed before.

For more on Doomsdays Origins which explains how and why he got his powers and ability to come back stronger and his connection to hating kyrptions I looked at ether of these videos.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 03 September 2017 - 01:34 AM.

#34 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:02 PM

Question from me James which Origin story/stories best represents Superman's begging?  

Superman: Birthright.

It answers a lot of questions that many have about Superman like "How do they not recognize him as Clark Kent?"

If Superman ever does fight someone, he never really weakens after the fight. He usually gets stronger or learns how to release an inhibitor and even learn combat skills. This is why Superman has defeated his evil counterpart Ultraman because Ultraman just instantly killed his opponents and never learned anything. Superman kept his villains alive so they always came back with new plans. The same plan has never worked twice on Superman if you have ever noticed...if the writer PIS didn't get in the way. Superman himself explained this one as well.

https://static.comic...inity013006.jpg

Darkseid is basically and immortal being. He is really tough and practically is damn near impossible to kill. Can he be killed? Yes, but it takes A LOT. So much so that only one person has killed him and that was the Anti-monitor.

https://comicnewbies...-darkseid-3.jpg

Doomsday, I believe, does have a leg up on Superman...well, more like an equalizer against Superman. Although, it has never been specifically explained, I have a theory that kryptonian bio-electric aura cannot block one another. Basically, when two Bio-electric aura collide, they cancel each other out and thus is how say Doomsday and General Zod can put up a good fight and as well Superman in return. They do have dense molecular structure too which explains the still high durability, but this cancellations of the auras would explain why they can lands hits easier and cause bleeding.

Yeah, Superman does struggle with inexperience. Like I emphasis so much, Superman's powers are unlimited, but just because you have unlimited power does not mean you know how to use it either. Green Lantern technically has unlimited power too, but he struggle with will, concentration, doubt, and fear which cause his powers to diminish.

The limits on Superman's powers are a product of his own inexperience and his own fears of himself. So it is always an inner struggle.

Same with Goku who in the beginning wasn't all that powerful.
"Goku can destroy universes"
"Then how did he get his ass kicked by Radditz?"
"Well, he was still learning."
"So was Superman when he fought Doomsday"

I never got why so many do not understand that they took a maximum potential Superman vs a maximum potential Goku and a maximum potential Superman is far stronger than Goku will ever be. Everything they have learned, all the power growth and the like, and put them against each other. Not say "Take a Action Comics #1 Superman vs a SSJGSS Goku." That is totally unfair and just proves that Goku cannot beat Superman straight up if you have to limit Superman in anyway. What if I put Silver Age Superman vs Kid Goku? How fair would that be?

A man who can overcome any limit vs a man who has no limits in the first place. Imagine if power was a like a beach
Goku will always have lines drawn in the sand he has to cross drawn by other people. Superman has the whole beach to himself and it is himself that takes a stick and draws lines.

It is not a hard concept to get, but people cannot seem to grasp it.

A full potential in every character in the Justice League....they would STOMP the DBZ universe without breaking a sweat. Heck, Superman took on the avengers by himself and won. This is what people never understood.

The Flash can beat Goku easily.
Wonder Woman can beat Goku easily.

Batman is the only one on the Justice League that would probably get his ass kicked save for maybe if they took his God form
https://comicnewbies...mes-a-god-4.jpg

Superman could even beat full powered Gurren Lagann because he has beaten the Anti-monitor who was no different.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#35 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:52 AM

OK, thank you so much for the replies James. One more question: as a fan, which of the comics or film would you recommend me to read or see first?

#36 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:33 PM

OK, thank you so much for the replies James. One more question: as a fan, which of the comics or film would you recommend me to read or see first?

For Films in Live Action I recommend the first two Christoper Reeves ones, animation Superman Vs the elite and the batman Superman ones

For Comics: All Star Superman, (Brainiac, new Kyprton superman world of new kyprton and war of the superman for one big storyline about superman interacting with his race), what ever happened to the man of tommorrow and birthright.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 20 September 2017 - 12:08 AM.

#37 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:12 AM

I wanted to add something new to this thread because new info has popped up on me. A comic book I have found gave us a glimpse into a bit of what Superman can do at maximum potential.
http://dc.wikia.com/...footer-wiki-rec

When I say Superman is a god....Superman is a god. A god of gods in fact.
His powers listed her are merely a showcase of what Superman can becoming pratically a 6th dimensional being capable of not only surviving the end of the time, but recreating it AND living through time loops by sheer force of will.

This is what Superman will become in his future. Do people still believe Golden Superman's feats are non-existent? Well, how about all of these?

He is even more powerful than 5th dimensional Imps who can do whatever they want with reality.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 19 October 2017 - 08:14 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#38 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

I wanted to add something new to this thread because new info has popped up on me. A comic book I have found gave us a glimpse into a bit of what Superman can do at maximum potential.
http://dc.wikia.com/...footer-wiki-rec

When I say Superman is a god....Superman is a god. A god of gods in fact.
His powers listed her are merely a showcase of what Superman can becoming pratically a 6th dimensional being capable of not only surviving the end of the time, but recreating it AND living through time loops by sheer force of will.

This is what Superman will become in his future. Do people still believe Golden Superman's feats are non-existent? Well, how about all of these?

He is even more powerful than 5th dimensional Imps who can do whatever they want with reality.

Okay even I think that is way too OP James, I mean what's the point in creating new things when they would just die all over again and again its like a loop all his friends would just die and when he makes new friends later on they too would die in the end, like I said its just endless pain for Superman watching the ones he loves just die over and over be it old age or something else. He maybe powerful but he still has emotions after all so he would hate losing people.

That's my main thing why make new things when they would just in the end as well, I wouldn't I would hate not ever dying. And its a big part why I think that Superman later in life he should die of old age maybe 6000 years old, and then his son or daughter carries on being a hero.

But that's just me, sadly I lost over 300 of my superman comics.

#39 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

Okay even I think that is way too OP James, I mean what's the point in creating new things when they would just die all over again and again its like a loop all his friends would just die and when he makes new friends later on they too would die in the end, like I said its just endless pain for Superman watching the ones he loves just die over and over be it old age or something else. He maybe powerful but he still has emotions after all so he would hate losing people.

That's my main thing why make new things when they would just in the end as well, I wouldn't I would hate not ever dying. And its a big part why I think that Superman later in life he should die of old age maybe 6000 years old, and then his son or daughter carries on being a hero.

But that's just me, sadly I lost over 300 of my superman comics.

Maybe, but again it is just a comic. A character to represent hope...and hope should never die. As for the rest of your post...well, it's the journey that matters not the destination. Imagine if you can create you're loved ones who are immortal as well.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#40 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

Maybe, but again it is just a comic. A character to represent hope...and hope should never die. As for the rest of your post...well, it's the journey that matters not the destination. Imagine if you can create you're loved ones who are immortal as well.

Can he do that? If that so then I guess it's okay to do that only if you ask them first lol.

I mean again been out when I lost my 300 comics of Superman, I know it sucks had a lot of the good ones as well some going back to the 60s as well.

I know I could simply by them all again but I lost so many and can't remember them all sadly James, I do hate that I lost them but not sure what I can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users