#41 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:16 PM

Grand Theft Auto 4. - 10/10.

One word for this game: Kick-ass. Love the free-roaming and the new updated graphics. I hated the other GTAs cause of the cell-shadedness of some areas...

#42 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Pite @ Jun 5 2008, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Starcraft Broodwar 10/10. No matter how old it is. It's still a no.1 classic. Terran's, Protoss and Zerg. No more like in Other RTS's. The Decision is simple.

"You require more supply depots."

"I"m gonna drop my hammer, and diepense some indiscrimitive justice!"

"You must build additional pylons."

"I'M GONNA DROP DA HAMMER, AND DISPENSE SOME INDISCRIMINIT JUSTICE!"

Best line EVER.

Starcraft Series: 10/10

111191.gif Pite biggrin.gif

#43 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (PSP) - 9/10

I like this. It's an engaging single-player adventure. smile.gif The combat plays differently from how I imagined, but it does mean that your skill matters more than ever. Nothing like rolling past an attack and landing lots of criticals on the enemy's back!

Aerith = wub.gif But I still like Tifa from Advent Children. Cissini has style, too!

I've never played FFVII, but this game has actually got me wanting to know more about the story. This game was definitely well worth the purchase of the PSP.

Downsides to this game? Too many pretty boys. tongue.gif And does Genesis EVER shut up about that play?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
(Wii)- 9/10

This actually didn't wow me at first, but this is because it's just an update to Melee with better graphics and tweaked gameplay. It's like pulling on an old, comfortable, jumper. Brawl is one of those titles that slowly grips you as time goes on instead of, say, MGS4. MGS4 is one of those games that grab you by the throat as soon as they come out of the box.

Brawl mode is definitely great fun, and I have yet to try the online multiplayer! However, I don't like the larger stages. Often, they are more complex and make it hard to follow the action when the camera is pulled all the way back. There's a lot of squinting at four little blobs and hoping that you made the right move. For this reason, I favour the small/medium stages. In those stages, you feel right in the middle of the action!

A lot of Brawl feels very familiar to those who have played Melee, but HAL worked very hard to improve what was already a near-perfect game.

#44 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 - 8/10

Better than the original CoN. The English dub sounded better than 1 (except Naruto kept saying "Believe it!" at each different quote used), plus there is lots of unlockable content from secret characters to handicap options.

Downside: They should not have Crow and Akumaru as seperate characters. Those slots should be reserved for like Temari or Tenten whom should be in this game when the Japanese version first came out. Some characters (ahem Orochimaru) are cheap as hell. Sound Test is incomplete (why aren't Select, Versus and Winner pieces are added) and some artwork are missing.

Though, I'll prove that Sakura is not weak as she seems (I pwned Sasuke with her, ALOT!)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#45 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

Football Manager 2008 7/10 - It's not like this game is... er.... Finishable. But I have to note that the options give a wide array of changes in your favourite soccer team. The Sounds there is ...welll... non existent. So having music in the background is a must in this game.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#46 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:39 AM

I Wanna Be The Guy (Flash Game)-4/10
Unresponsive controls, unfair difficulty, ridiculous levels with stupid traps and a lame protagonist makes this one game I wish I never uploaded to my server. Boy was I happy to dump that stupid Apple icon into my Recycle Bin once it was all over.

uc.png

#47 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:43 AM

Sid Meier's Pirates! - 8.5

A really addicting game, too bad you can't coustmize your char.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#48 Xar

Xar

Cultured Shinobi

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:15 PM

I've actually been on a binge of games I've already completed. I call it my top 10 games of all time list, and usually replay them at least once every 1-2 years. As it turns out.. I've actually finished 6 recently (and working on the other 4).

So, here goes the ones I've finished recently while they're fresh in my mind, and I'm a huge stickler when it comes to rating games. Expansions are included with the games. (If you want actual breakdowns of the game, just tell me.

Baldur's Gate I + Expansion - 9.3/10

The graphics are beautiful for its time frame; in fact, they were the best. The game play is amazing, and the story line is absolutely one of the best, if not the best I have had the pleasure of actually watching unfold. This, however does not give it a 10/10. Sadly, Baldur's Gate was lacking in some areas.

Game play for any warrior class was slightly boring, but at the same time, hardly noticeable. It had the perfect balance of dialogue vs. action, and was one of the first games I played where your choices actually meant something later on in the game.

One other flaw that keeps this game from getting a perfect score is, the music. It was rather good music, but not the best I have heard for that time. All in all, its a great game.

Baldur's Gate II + Expansion - 9.8/10

Again, wonderful graphics, although not much of an improvement, it loses points here. However, It fixed game play issues of the previous game, making melee classes more intriguing to play. It also improved on the music. The plot wasn't the greatest, but it did have some high points.

The romances was, in all honesty, the best part of the whole game. It had me playing it over, and over, and over, just to see what each character's romance was like. It was... amazing. It's what boosted this score up so high. I loved it.

But, one the most intriguing points of the whole game was probably the smallest, most insignificant things. I actually went back and replayed BG2 based on the wikipedia trivia section.

"In the Adventurer's Mart on Waukeen's Promenade are paintings showing characters from the old Dungeons & Dragons TV series. Clicking on the pictures provides text that implies that every one of them died horribly."

"Lanfear, the wolfwere that kills Sefana is a reference to the character of the same name in Robert Jordan's (RIP) Wheel of Time series. Her name, as well as her jealous love of Coran, who rejects her because of what she is, closely mirrors RJ's character, who loves Lews Therin and was rejected because she was one of the Forsaken."

The second quote is what made my day. I am a R.J. fanatic, and this tidbit made me extremely happy. Anyway, onward!

Neverwinter Nights + Expansion Packs - 8.8/10

Meh, I'm getting tired of rambling, so let me make this short. The gameplay in Neverwinter Nights was a huge step up from BG and BG2. However, the plot was lacking. Music was good, and graphics were nice, but could've been better.

Neverwinter Nights 2 + Expansion Pack - 8.5/10

This is the lowest ranking game on my top 10 list, sadly. The gameplay was a bigger step up from NwN, but it ultimately recycled the same stuff (because of the DnD rules). This hurt it a bit, but only marginally because it wouldn't be a true DnD game if it didn't follow the rules. The plot, was average. It was generic. It felt like it was Baldur's Gate all over in the beginning, and then in the expansion, it felt Baldur's Gate 2-ish. The music was nice, and the romances were rushed at some points, but still rather good. I liked it.

Oblivion - 8.8/10

Let's face it. Oblivion's combat system redefined RPGs. It made fights interesting. Fun. Exciting! And that's about it. The plot was "alright", the music was.. "okay", and the NPCs felt like... NPCs. Probably the biggest redeeming factor in the whole game would have to be the amount of free reign you had over your character, and the amount of side quests, content to explore, and things you could just do. The graphics were beautiful, etc. It's wonderful. I spent 90+ hours on the game, and still had stuff to do within it. Amazing. The gameplay wasn't as well done as BG/NwNs, and was, as I said, bland at some points. However, it did make me rethink the way I saw RPGs and combat.

Edit: I'd like to thank Dormin for pointing out my mistake on the use of "gameplay" rather than "combat" =D

The last game I've played recently thats in my top 10 list is...

Half-Life - 8.7/10
Not usually a big fan of FPS games, this one left me glad I played it. As well as Half-Life 2. How do I put this. The graphics were good. The gameplay was... well.. the same as every other FPS game. Really, there wasn't much "new" to it. So, that sort of killed it there, and the music/sound was "alright". The biggest thing about the game had to be the plot that left you going, "Wow." Especially in conjunction with Half-Life 2 + episodes, which I'm currently replaying with Xenogears (which are both on my top 10). It was a nice game. There were other things that made me glad I played it, and therefore, it deserves to be on my top 10 list!

Xar's In depth top 10 list guide that he's actually amazed he started playing before this post came out. Wow.

Edited by Xar, 03 July 2008 - 12:47 AM.

--[krisk] ...hehe, i know it's a cute weiner isn't it--
--[krisk] you're so pretty.--

#49 Guest_Konoha's White Fang_*

Guest_Konoha's White Fang_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

Resident Evil 4: Wii edtition 10/10
One of the best games i've ever played. i've played it through on normal 3 times. working on PRO mode sleep.gif
The Mercinaires(spelled wrong?) is great. hours of fun and the game gas a great story. good controls only on Wii version though(Wii pwnz yet again!)

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 7/10
The battles are intense, just the story/hero history mode failed... sad.gif
Alot of unlockable stuff, like all the hokages, to konohamaru(!?!) I havent got the 4th kage yet though. playing right now too!

Want to play No More Heros for the Wii

Edited by Konoha's White Fang, 02 July 2008 - 06:45 PM.

#50 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Xar @ Jul 2 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oblivion - 8.8/10

Let's face it. Oblivion's gameplay redefined RPGs. It made them interesting. Fun. Exciting! And that's about it. The plot was "alright", the music was.. "okay", and the NPCs felt like... NPCs. Probably the biggest redeeming factor in the whole game would have to be the amount of free reign you had over your character, and the amount of side quests, content to explore, and things you could just do. The graphics were beautiful, etc. It's wonderful. I spent 90+ hours on the game, and still had stuff to do within it. Amazing.

The last game I've played recently thats in my top 10 list is...

Wall of text ahead, bewere.

Oblivion:
Suprised that a fellow Baldur's gate fan will say that Oblivion redifined RPG. and if it did, then I believe it was for the worst.

So the world is huge and you can do anything you want, but the question is, what can you really do?
Besides the (lame) main story you can join various guilds whom all offer lots of boring and reptitve quests ( A notble expetion is the dark brotherhood missions, which were great) You can try your hand in the arena, which is just more fighting, or you can explore the world of oblivion which dosn't say much, just a massive amount of dungons for you to loot with no real difference between the dungons. oh and some shrines here and there.
Now if the world were a living, breathing world like the case of GTA 4 I would problly back down a little, but the word stale is written all over the face of Cyrodil, people act like robots and live in towns which are literally saprated from the outside world, not much to make me feel like I am an advnturer in Cyrodil but more of a walking sheet of stats.
So besides that, what more you have? a lousy story, limted voice acting, reptitve quests, and oh, a bundle of stats for you to enjoy, and of course... the grephics... so shiny dry.gif

Oblivion is a fun game, but it's a step back in the rpgs for me. When you sacrifice so much for the sake of free gameplay, and then you are not putting stuff that even justify free gameplay, all you get is a lousy rpg game.

Made by Vongola10th

#51 Xar

Xar

Cultured Shinobi

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Jul 2 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wall of text ahead, bewere.

Oblivion:
Suprised that a fellow Baldur's gate fan will say that Oblivion redifined RPG. and if it did, then I believe it was for the worst.

So the world is huge and you can do anything you want, but the question is, what can you really do?
Besides the (lame) main story you can join various guilds whom all offer lots of boring and reptitve quests ( A notble expetion is the dark brotherhood missions, which were great) You can try your hand in the arena, which is just more fighting, or you can explore the world of oblivion which dosn't say much, just a massive amount of dungons for you to loot with no real difference between the dungons. oh and some shrines here and there.
Now if the world were a living, breathing world like the case of GTA 4 I would problly back down a little, but the word stale is written all over the face of Cyrodil, people act like robots and live in towns which are literally saprated from the outside world, not much to make me feel like I am an advnturer in Cyrodil but more of a walking sheet of stats.
So besides that, what more you have? a lousy story, limted voice acting, reptitve quests, and oh, a bundle of stats for you to enjoy, and of course... the grephics... so shiny dry.gif

Oblivion is a fun game, but it's a step back in the rpgs for me. When you sacrifice so much for the sake of free gameplay, and then you are not putting stuff that even justify free gameplay, all you get is a lousy rpg game.

Ah, I misused the word! You're right. I was very vague on the whole "gameplay" term. What I mean is, it redid the "hack and slash" feel of the game.. The combat if you will.

Gameplay overall, Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights are far better. But, in terms of actual combat, the combat system was better, in my opinion.

If, the world of Baldur's Gate was somehow redone to where you had the same beautiful story line, excellent npcs, and masterfully real companions, but incorporated the combat system of Oblivion, as well as the free gameplay of it, I would jump on it. I've always thought most fantasy-RPG games today don't immerse you in the combat. And I'll admit, Oblivion was rather bland at some points.

I will, however say, that this. You're right. It was a step back in gameplay. But combat-wise, it was a huge step forward in my opinion. I'll go back and edit my post to make that clear. =D.

--[krisk] ...hehe, i know it's a cute weiner isn't it--
--[krisk] you're so pretty.--

#52 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:44 AM

Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3-9/10
Though the Story Mode and Hero Modes were lackluster and its a pain in the ass to get every character (which took me a few hours personally), the fighting is so much fun especially when you take on a friend.

uc.png

#53 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

Mega man X 9/10

Back when I was a kid, and I mean a really little kid, the only games I played were colorful, kiddy, mindless games, it was all fun, till I got mega man X

This game was for me somthing new, it was much more darker then any game I played back then, much more exciting, and hell, it had a PLOT! the first level just blew me away at how awesome it was.

And even today, I still find this game a masterpiece :thumbs:

Made by Vongola10th

#54 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower - 8/10

Basically an PSP update with a new stage and a new mode called "Tower" to battle opponents to get to the top of the Chaos Tower of the Darkstalkers Chronicle (aka Vampire series in Japan) which was released for Dreamcast only in Japan. I only wish Capcom continue the series because even though it is popular in Japan, it's however not in the States (because we LOVE and fanboying over Street Fighter II), the story (Darkstalkers have a great interesting storyline, especially with 3 -Vampire Savior-), character designs and gameplay are awesome.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#55 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

Halo 1 9/10

At it's time I was just shocked at how awesome this game, was although I never had a chance to play it again.

Halo 2 9.5/10

The best in the series. main reason? the Arbiter. Seeing things from the covenant perspective was a great move.
Besides this it was an Halo improved, the master chief looked more badass then ever. more guns, duel wield, new enemies, new vehicles, and exciting storyline which had me on my toes till the ending, which by then I was about to explode from the cliffhanger.

And then came...

Halo 3 8.5/10

Dissapointment, it's seems the guys in bungie thought it will be alot more profitable to foucs on the multiplayer instead of the singleplayer, which is a shame.
My main prob with Halo 3 is the plot. seeing this is the ending of this storyline, I expected that things will be more complicated to the master chief, but instead he got a smooth sailing, not heywired cortana turning on him, no crazy fight aginst the gravemind, no, you get to fight the little flying ball dry.gif
There were so many opportunities for a great storyline but it seems, bungie lazed off, and took the easy way.

Although. Both the begining and the ending were touching, especially the ending.

Made by Vongola10th

#56 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon - Oh my god, I love this game so much, I lost so much sleep because of this one game alone. The characters are great, especially Mist because I married her! 9!

#57 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Lord Roy @ Jul 10 2008, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon - Oh my god, I love this game so much, I lost so much sleep because of this one game alone. The characters are great, especially Mist because I married her! 9!

This is a repeat of Rune Factory. I already beat the story line and I still dont want to turn the game in. Definitely worth every penny.

9.5/10

Edited by StarlightAngel, 12 July 2008 - 01:37 AM.

#58 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:33 AM

Super Dragon Ball Z: 8/10

This is one of the uncommon Dragon Ball Z games. Basically the gameplay is back in the Street Fighter II engine during Super Nintendo/Fanicom era with a twist. I'm surprised with the 18 character cast that features Chi-Chi being playable (with Goku's Power Pole, Flying Nimbus for flight and the Banana Fan) makes her an interesting character to play. Though the bad thing is it should had been better. I think the customize system is not enough, there aren't enough moves and combos and you have to be very cautious when choosing a new skill because it may give a disadvantage, not to mention how you can use in it in combos and cancelling.

The only thing I give credit is the exact manga art from the series use for the game.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#59 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

Shepard and Tali

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

Project: Snowblind 7/10
Decent graphics, although not jaw-dropping. Think they used a little too much bloom in some places and one level has a freaky ceiling graphic glitch. Gameplay is solid, with some guns that break away from the traditional FPS mold. The flechette gun is amusing, being able to fire around corners, and with an alt-fire that fires nanobot seeker drones that electrocute anything nearby. Carbine is standard fare, with a grenade launcher. The pistol has a built-in silencer and fires freaking rockets as a alt-fire. The shotgun fires in a decent arc and fires sticky explosive shot as a alt. The H.E.R.F. is interesting. Never used the alt-fire the entire playthrough but I used the gun alot against bots and even human enemies, as it deals enough EMP damage to be a viable threat against both. Sniper rifle kills in one shot usually regardless of where you hit, but the alt-fire is interesting. You sacrifice a whole clip inorder to fire a bullet that delivers a neurovirus that causes your target to fight for you and eventually die. Railgun is fun, especially when paired with the vision enhancement augmentation, as it allows you to kill targets through walls. Rocket-launcher is standard fare, dumbfire primary and homing alt-fire. The smart-mine layer is best reserved for when you're backed into a corner, as it will clear enemies quickly, but the mines have a large blast radius. The Ice-pick is another interesting one. It's primarily used for hacking computers and turning bots to your side but what they don't mention is that it can be used as a one-hit kill against fleshy targets. Warning though, only 6 shots can be carried for it at all times, and ammo is scarce. And then there's the kinetic kicker. Think gravity-gun but not as fun. Never used the thing except in extremely rare cases.

And then there's the mainstay of the game, the Bio-Augmentations you receive early on. Vision Enhancement allows you to see enemies through walls and highlights items for you. Ballistic shielding does just that, shields you from all incoming fire, even rockets. Reflexes is this game's bullet-time, slowing down enemies to a crawl while you dance through their bullets. Cloaking does just what it says, turns you invisible to human eyes or otherwise. Runs out fast though before it has to recharge. And the final Aug, electro-storm. Now this thing is fun as hell, but best used only on large groups of enemies as it drains bio-energy quick. Also it hurts friendlies, so careful.

Secondary weapons are standard. Frag grenades, flash, EMP, gas, the game has them. The spiderbot grenades are fun. Toss and a robotic spider is formed from the grenade, ready to singe the pants of enemies. Useful, but only when used in groups of 3 or more. Riotshields throw down disposable plasma shielding that will block all incoming fire for a bit. Nano-boosts are like medics on steroids. They completely restore your health and bio-energy, and can be used to bring you back from the brink of death. Very useful, but you can only carry two at a time.

As for the story, heh, play to find out.
Prison gates won't open up for me
On these hands and knees I'm crawlin'
Oh, I reach for you
Well I'm terrified of these four walls
These iron bars can't hold my soul in
All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'
And oh I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

#60 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:20 AM

Naruto Ninja Destiny (DS)-4/10
The Gekitou Ninja Taisen series has seen better games than this.

Naruto Ultimate Heroes (PSP)-8/10
Almost as good as its console counterpart, almost.

uc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users