76 replies to this topic

#41 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:14 AM

I don't begrudge Kakashi becoming Hokage, even if it wasn't a dream for him.  It's a position rewarded to the ninja who has been acknowledged by the village as the best to lead them.  Kakashi definitely has earned that honor.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#42 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:27 AM

Shonen doesn't require a good story telling. It only require to be popular.
Sometime a popular shonen manga is not a good shonen manga.
But a good shonen manga must be a good story telling.

That's my opinion.

#43 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:30 AM

. Naruto was given leftovers.

Naruto didn't surpass any of his previous predecessors. He didn't even became average. He became the worst of them all.

Also he ended up giving up and everything he promised to do.

A perfect example of a hero that is supposed to inspire hope. Don't you think?

Yeah I completely agree. Kakashi becoming Hokage was pointless. Naruto was strong enough/acknowledged enough where he could have been Hokage after he saved the village from Pain. That was his biggest moment. Kakashi just became Hokage because Obito told him he had to, for whatever reason. It was probably added just because Kishi was picking and choosing what things to keep about the parallels. Keep the Hokage line parallels even though it didn't make sense to, remove the romance parallels to make things completely inconsistent. XD Bad choices in both cases!

#44 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:32 AM

Kakashi become sixth hokage so naruto could become seventh hokage.
Naruto number is seven.

#45 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:50 AM

Agree. The big wtf was naruto only loved sakura due to rivalry with sasuke. This is coming from sakura.

This is the biggest bs. Sounds like a bunch basement dwellers who have no social skills came up with this.

#46 Dario

Dario

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:58 AM

Agree. The big wtf was naruto only loved sakura due to rivalry with sasuke. This is coming from sakura.

This is the biggest bs. Sounds like a bunch basement dwellers who have no social skills came up with this.

This right here is what killed Naruto's character once and for all. lt completely belittles him as a character, just like these idiot SS/NH arguments said: it's just a silly crush, he doesn't know what love is, he's an immature moron unlike Sakura whose love is super sirius, he'll find happiness and learn true love with Hinata, not with his teammate who was by his side all this time, his job is to make SS happen and then he can kitten off making his life with someone else.

Third wheel, disingenuous loser with weak feelings: this is our hero ladies and gentleman. Kishimoto you complete piece of kitten.

#47 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:16 AM

This right here is what killed Naruto's character once and for all. lt completely belittles him as a character, just like these idiot SS/NH arguments said: it's just a silly crush, he doesn't know what love is, he's an immature moron unlike Sakura whose love is super sirius, he'll find happiness and learn true love with Hinata, not with his teammate who was by his side all this time, his job is to make SS happen and then he can kitten off making his life with someone else.

Third wheel, disingenuous loser with weak feelings: this is our hero ladies and gentleman. Kishimoto you complete piece of kitten.

Yep, Naruto was the only one to ever compliment Sakura's forehead. By Sakura's admission, he was the only one to understand her feelings and herself as a person. But no no, love like that is immature, ladies and gentleman. True love comprises of loving someone because of their good lucks and bad boy demeanor. Sakura would have been a terrible person for giving that up.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#48 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:41 AM

Yeah I completely agree. Kakashi becoming Hokage was pointless. Naruto was strong enough/acknowledged enough where he could have been Hokage after he saved the village from Pain. That was his biggest moment. Kakashi just became Hokage because Obito told him he had to, for whatever reason. It was probably added just because Kishi was picking and choosing what things to keep about the parallels. Keep the Hokage line parallels even though it didn't make sense to, remove the romance parallels to make things completely inconsistent. XD Bad choices in both cases!

You're right. Though I've never had a problem with the idea of Kakashi becoming Hokage, it seems pointless because the whole idea of the Hokage is someone who is the most powerful in the village. And it is clearly Naruto, from the Pain arc on.

He is not yet mature enough, and he is certainly lack in the diplomatic skills and patience necessary to get the job done. But I would have welcomed an arc where Kakashi was the Hokage while Naruto was being groomed for it.

But putting Kakashi into the Hokage's position at the end of the manga, and showing us Naruto only in a few panels in epilogue is so counter to what the whole story was about. 

Naruto had two personal goals: To be Hokage and to win Sakura's love. Saving Sasuke was only a goal much later on. But both of his personal goals basically got scuttled. Sakura's lost, and his being Hokage is only mentioned in passing.

#49 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:39 PM

Well I'd like to point out that even though Naruto wanted Sakura's love, he did not force himself on her. The problem is that he did not even confess, they had no proper resolution g**d*** it!!!! What is doubly pissing off is that, not just that they aren't together. And that ending is just  thought forsaken contradictory to the entire darn story. That was not a happy ending, that was a "I don't care anymore so P*** on that* pile of nonsense!!!!!!!! I'm not mincing words nor do I care about it any more that is what it was.   

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 November 2014 - 03:41 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#50 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

I'm still reading but my god, it's too great.

#51 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:27 PM

I'm still reading but my god, it's too great.

You mean how absurd and asinine it is?

#52 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

You mean how absurd and asinine it is?

I'm talking about this topic post. It's great. I love how he placed the reason why we even have theory. It's spot on.

#53 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

You're right. Though I've never had a problem with the idea of Kakashi becoming Hokage, it seems pointless because the whole idea of the Hokage is someone who is the most powerful in the village. And it is clearly Naruto, from the Pain arc on.

He is not yet mature enough, and he is certainly lack in the diplomatic skills and patience necessary to get the job done. But I would have welcomed an arc where Kakashi was the Hokage while Naruto was being groomed for it.

But putting Kakashi into the Hokage's position at the end of the manga, and showing us Naruto only in a few panels in epilogue is so counter to what the whole story was about. 

Naruto had two personal goals: To be Hokage and to win Sakura's love. Saving Sasuke was only a goal much later on. But both of his personal goals basically got scuttled. Sakura's lost, and his being Hokage is only mentioned in passing.

It bothers me mostly because the reason for it was to fulfill Obito's request. In a sense, it was a way Obito could fulfill his dream through Kakashi. It was to fulfill the promise of a character who spent his adult life doing everything, but living up the idea of Hokage. Blech.

#54 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:42 PM

I'd be ok with an arc like that, because at least it'd serve a purpose. But I'd argue that Naruto being able to talk down Pain shows that he did have the maturity and ability to lead. Sure, he doesn't know all of the politics involved, but that isn't a big deal to me since its shounen and doesn't have to be completely realistic (in fact, it shouldn't be).

Naruto was always meant to become Hokage according to the story - where that becomes more interesting is if Naruto achieved that status in a remarkable/legendary way. He could have been the youngest Hokage for the Leaf, for example. Would have had a better story than him achieving god level, then waiting a long time before Kakashi steps down.

Nothing remarkable about that story.

#55 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:49 PM

It bothers me mostly because the reason for it was to fulfill Obito's request. In a sense, it was a way Obito could fulfill his dream through Kakashi. It was to fulfill the promise of a character who spent his adult life doing everything, but living up the idea of Hokage. Blech.

What the coolest guy says goes. No questions about it.

#56 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:25 AM

What the coolest guy says goes. No questions about it.

iblmRfIOlCJzeM.png

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#57 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:28 AM

iblmRfIOlCJzeM.png

LMAO. Like I said before, if he only did that to Hinata then he would really be the coolest guy. :th_yeah:

#58 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:56 AM

Yeah Plus the way the way The Whole "I'm gonna be Hokage"  or "You'll make a great Hokage" speech was thrown around by several characters Just got stale after a while, and I just face palm at the thought cause it feels like Kishi is Marty Stuing  ALOT of characters Like Shikamaru for one.

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 November 2014 - 02:58 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#59 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:26 AM

iblmRfIOlCJzeM.png

And he succeed where Naruto failed.  It's so awful.

#60 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:32 AM

And he succeed where Naruto failed.  It's so awful.

Yeah, what a travesty this whole mess was. X_X

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users