F1: The Travelling Circus?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

I saw this today. sleep.gif;

FIA changes rules of F1 - Championship to be decided on wins instead of points.

I think old Bernie has finally lost his marbles. This would mean that a driver could win 10 races, then NOT finish in the rest - and he'd be champion! It would also run the risk of a VERY short season - it's very plausible that it would be over halfway through as long as it was mathematically impossible for rivals to win more races than the leader.

Why is it, that Bernie and his partners always choose the most convoluted/barmy "solutions" over the simple answers? Instead of introducing senseless rules, why not make all the teams drive the same type of cars? It'd make it more exciting AND save money.

So, I've decided to switch motorsports and follow one that makes sense. tongue.gif The new F2 Championship looks promising. They drive the same cars. The rules make sense. Interestingly, there is even a female driver taking part.

Are there any fellow/former fans of F1 here, and what do you think of the rule changes?

#2 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

It's the same for Winston...er Nextel, er... Sprint cup lol laugh.gif
They piled rules on and change this and that.
yet they tossed IROC which every driver had the exact same car and all that.

Motorsports nowadays tries to be much of everything to everyone I think.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#3 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

True, it's like the man who tried to catch two rabbits at once. The teams are one rabbit, and the fans are the other rabbit. In this instance, the top F1 teams don't want to drive the same cars as their rivals, as that would rob them of their technical edge. Yet, they complain about the sport costing too much money (which they pile on their R&D). The fans have been turning off more often these days because of the lack of excitement. So Bernie tries to keep both sides happy with weird rules that don't solve any of the sport's underlying problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users