Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Dec 29 2008, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So... where's Ryu? mellow.gif

I heard he's not gonna be in it.

I may or may not see this, but im not too excited for it. Just my opinion.

#5 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:16 AM

This....looks like crap.

uc.png

#6 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Dec 29 2008, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kristin Kreuk ftw.

FUKKEN CONFIRMED. wow.png

i didn't see her legs beefed up and seriously, that really REALLY makes me happy; veiny legs on asian women scare me ):

#7 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

Besides Vega (who looks totally off by the way) and the small chun li's outfit camo, how the hell is is suposed to be Street fighters?

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#8 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

Awesome. About time the best female video game character ever got her own movie.

Kristen Kreuk though? Seriously? Okay.

QUOTE (Dormin @ Dec 30 2008, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Besides Vega (who looks totally off by the way) and the small chun li's outfit camo, how the hell is is suposed to be Street fighters?

Can't be any worse than JCVD's.

#9 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Dec 31 2008, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't be any worse than JCVD's.

I beg to differ, at least JCVD's movie had characters that looked like their video game counterparts.

uc.png

#10 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Dec 30 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the movie is more of a mix between Street Fighter Alpha and II in Chun-Li's storyline (so only Charlie, Gen, the Shadoloo Grand Masters -excluding Sagat- appearing with an original character).

And I'm still undecided about seeing this, especially when they are planning a TV series if the movie have a success.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#11 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

Lol, okay, I might just see this one off surfthechannel for the sake of critiquing, I could hardly tell who was supposed to be who in that.

#12 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:33 AM

English Version:

It's like the new Dragonball movie to me, in the sense that I'll more than likely watch it, but I don't have very high expectations.

#13 Uzumaki Naruto

Uzumaki Naruto

Hokage

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

yeah....it's going to blow....what a way to ruin something that could have a potential cinema series

#14 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

Merged topics because there's already a thread for it.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#15 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:04 AM

Kristin Kreuk is beautiful, but watching Smallville as of late has shown me that as an actress I cannot stand her. I didn't watch the early seasons of the show. I only started watching last season during a period when she wasn't on the show much if at all. Now these last few episodes she has been all over it and it is like nails on a chalkboard to me when I watch her. I am hoping maybe it is just the way the writers write the character, but so far she is the only one I have a problem with.

#16 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:19 AM

Dragon Ball Evolution will be better than this, and that movie is gonna suck too.

uc.png

#17 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 14 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Merged topics because there's already a thread for it.

Our search feature *really* needs to get looked at and fixed, because I made *sure* to use the search for a topic like this one before I posted my own, and it found seemingly everything *else* that had to do with Street Fighter, *except* this thread about the movie :rolleyes:

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Feb 15 2009, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dragon Ball Evolution will be better than this, and that movie is gonna suck too.

They're killing our much beloved franchises with these half-a$$ed movies, that *barely* resemble anything from the original series that they're trying to portray -.-

#18 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

The thing about this film and Dragonball Evolution is that if you were to strip the film of it's connections to the source, it wouldn't look like a bad watch (well, that might be stretching it a bit, but you get my point). Where these things always fail is that they end up being downright terrible representations of the source material. Which is really the key.

This kind of thing will happen sometimes with book adaptions as well. I've seen book adaption films that were a good watch in their own right but had terrible habit of changing or ignoring major plot points that shaped the books; at which point I find myself thinking they should have just named it something else and saved themselves the stigma of adapting something poorly.

Oh well. At least comic films have been doing much better lately

They're killing our much beloved franchises with these half-a$$ed movies, that *barely* resemble anything from the original series that they're trying to portray -.-

Well, in the interest of fairness, turning a fighting game into a decent movie isn't exactly an easy process. Especially when you consider that games like Street Fighter tend to have vague, barebones stories that don't exactly weigh enough to carry a full film. I'm often very surprised that Mortal Kombat was as good as it was when that one came around; they had to do practically make the characters from scratch, sans visual looks.

Really, 2D fighters don't give a lot to work with. Which begs the question of why anyone really tries making movies out of them.

Dragonball Evolution, however, has no excuse. Dragonball has a rich mythology that is quite layered when you look beyond the surface. There's really no reason at all a film adaption should be a butchery; there's hardly a shortage of things to use.

Edited by dl316bh, 15 February 2009 - 04:03 PM.

bd5.jpg

#19 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Feb 15 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm often very surprised that Mortal Kombat was as good as it was when that one came around; they had to do practically make the characters from scratch, sans visual looks.

*Nods vigorously* The first Mortal Kombat movie to me is still very much a classic, and shows how good one of these fighting genre adaptation movies can be :3

The second Mortal Kombat movie...not so much >.>

#20 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Jin @ Feb 14 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kristin Kreuk is beautiful, but watching Smallville as of late has shown me that as an actress I cannot stand her. I didn't watch the early seasons of the show. I only started watching last season during a period when she wasn't on the show much if at all. Now these last few episodes she has been all over it and it is like nails on a chalkboard to me when I watch her. I am hoping maybe it is just the way the writers write the character, but so far she is the only one I have a problem with.

But now she left last episode so it will be better for you then. tongue.gif (Thank goodness because I'm a Clark/Lois fan. I prefer the very OLD school couple of Superman anyways. biggrin.gif )

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users