#1021 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:07 AM

...What!?

Probably because it either hilarious or sad the fact that there is no originality left in this franchise. All they are doing is copying something else.

Yeah you see how Sasuke able to travel to other dimension with his Rinnegan??

Perhaps you right it's too idiotic and funny , expected when Sasuke is also product of copy paste of Kurapika.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#1022 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

Well, thank you for clarifying...now I know this story is trash. Boruto is an even bigger Gary Stu than his own father and Sasuke combined. They did away with the whole "hard work" ethic that Naruto originally started with.  That is just downright sad and people say Superman is too OP. One Punch Man is a satire of the typical shonen manga and plays it for laughs. Boruto literally plays up the typical shonen stereotypes, cranks it to 11, and then somehow tries to brag that it is "in-depth writing."

This is why I can't take Boruto or Naruto seriously anymore. It just doesn't amuse me and anything that could be potentially seen as "badass" is thrown out the window when you realise that these kids are doing with little to no training. They just pick it up and instantly be experts. The Midas Touch effect.

Bold: Here you would think that experience trumps any and all training because no amount of training can prepare for the real thing....seems I am wrong.

Why wasn't Rock Lee the protagonist of this story? He fits the big of "hard working gains amazing powers" motif better than anything. He found his own way.

Super Kami Guru: "Naaaaaiiillll"

Nail: "Sigh what?"

Super Kami Guru: "I saw a young shonen boy trying to be a hero......kick its ass"

So essentially, everyone in Boruto is as powerful/intelligent as the plot demands them to be.  No training, no journey of self-discovery and improvement; they are just *that* ridiculously gifted. So, why be invested?  It's pointless when the writers will just pull something out of their ass to give the protagonists precisely what they require to succeed.  The series really has abandoned one of its core themes about how dedicated perseverance can overcome natural talent.  

*sighs* Just makes feel further vindicated that I never gave this series more than a cursory glance.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1023 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

So essentially, everyone in Boruto is as powerful/intelligent as the plot demands them to be.  No training, no journey of self-discovery and improvement; they are just *that* ridiculously gifted. So, why be invested?  It's pointless when the writers will just pull something out of their ass to give the protagonists precisely what they require to succeed.  The series really has abandoned one of its core themes about how dedicated perseverance can overcome natural talent.  

*sighs* Just makes feel further vindicated that I never gave this series more than a cursory glance.

That was a moral from Naruto that was never a message in Boruto. Boruto is more about looking cool, and getting what you want because you entitled to it. There is still some faint traces of the hard work message, but that because this is a sequel.

#1024 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:24 AM

Well, thank you for clarifying...now I know this story is trash. Boruto is an even bigger Gary Stu than his own father and Sasuke combined. They did away with the whole "hard work" ethic that Naruto originally started with.  That is just downright sad and people say Superman is too OP. One Punch Man is a satire of the typical shonen manga and plays it for laughs. Boruto literally plays up the typical shonen stereotypes, cranks it to 11, and then somehow tries to brag that it is "in-depth writing."

This is why I can't take Boruto or Naruto seriously anymore. It just doesn't amuse me and anything that could be potentially seen as "badass" is thrown out the window when you realise that these kids are doing with little to no training. They just pick it up and instantly be experts. The Midas Touch effect.

Bold: Here you would think that experience trumps any and all training because no amount of training can prepare for the real thing....seems I am wrong.

Why wasn't Rock Lee the protagonist of this story? He fits the big of "hard working gains amazing powers" motif better than anything. He found his own way.

Super Kami Guru: "Naaaaaiiillll"

Nail: "Sigh what?"

Super Kami Guru: "I saw a young shonen boy trying to be a hero......kick its ass"

Yeah which is why I can't watch Boruto either its just stupid and tries to be deep when its not, its just too damn stupid and all to please the damn NH and SS fans cause they kitten and moan that they wanted Hinata to be happy and becuse Sasuke was cool. Some even think Boruto is cool but he is not he is just a little brat who thinks that he is all that.

I do agree that Rock Lee should be the protagonist of this story, but he is the thing James both Kishi and SP would have found away to kitten that up as well.

lol and good TFS refrence. I hear that some used to like Naruto and may have been NS fans. Hell MasakoX used to be one of the voices in it as well till it all went to kitten.

#1025 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

Which ones do you think in TFS were NS fans?

#1026 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:00 PM

Which ones do you think in TFS were NS fans?

Lanipator, Vegeta3986 and MasakoX were notable NS fans(though Masako *did* have a fan crush on Hinata, he wasn't for NaruHina) back when they were working on their Naruto Abridged series.  They even expressed confidence - through the characters - that they were guaranteed to get together.

Edited by Kagomaru, 02 November 2017 - 03:01 PM.

#1027 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

That arc is still kicking me...the absurd. I cant shake it off...

#1028 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:39 PM

Lanipator, Vegeta3986 and MasakoX were notable NS fans(though Masako *did* have a fan crush on Hinata, he wasn't for NaruHina) back when they were working on their Naruto Abridged series.  They even expressed confidence - through the characters - that they were guaranteed to get together.

Huh. Well to be honest NS was a sure bet till the ending actually happened if you ever experience any shounen anime. It was only due to nH's fanbases fanaticism that it happened instead.

It is a shame that they shot themselves in the foot and now have to wrap up the abridge.

That arc is still kicking me...the absurd. I cant shake it off...

How about you do a summary topic on the entire arc. That's how I dealt with Boruto absurdities & incompetences. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 November 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#1029 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

Well they finally give us a seven swordsman of the mist arc and they gave us this mess of a filler arc, what a let down.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 02 November 2017 - 05:04 PM.

#1030 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:40 PM

Huh. Well to be honest NS was a sure bet till the ending actually happened if you ever experience any shounen anime. It was only due to nH's fanbases fanaticism that it happened instead.

It is a shame that they shot themselves in the foot and now have to wrap up the abridge.

How about you do a summary topic on the entire arc. That's how I dealt with Boruto absurdities & incompetences. 

I'm thinking about it.

#1031 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:46 PM

Yeah which is why I can't watch Boruto either its just stupid and tries to be deep when its not, its just too damn stupid and all to please the damn NH and SS fans cause they kitten and moan that they wanted Hinata to be happy and becuse Sasuke was cool. Some even think Boruto is cool but he is not he is just a little brat who thinks that he is all that.

I do agree that Rock Lee should be the protagonist of this story, but he is the thing James both Kishi and SP would have found away to kitten that up as well.

lol and good TFS refrence. I hear that some used to like Naruto and may have been NS fans. Hell MasakoX used to be one of the voices in it as well till it all went to kitten.

Boruto is just a cheap shonen story. It's makes most stereotypes looks like Freudian philosophy. Like the pairings, the story, and series...it all looks good on the surface, but look deeper and you can see how shallow it truly is.

Bold: The funny thing about this is is that if Kishimoto was a competant writer Naruto would behave more like Rock Lee, but he doesn't. Then again, if he was a competant writer none of these problems would happen in the first place. So, it is basically an oxymoron. If he wasn;t a competant writer, the story might just have been about Rock Lee or whatever. Like his one asistant that did Rock Lee SD who seems to get the series more than Kishimoto did to the point that a satire of Naruto is BETTER WRITTEN than the series itself.

How sad of a world we live in?

Yeah, they were all basically NS fans or at least said "They are the most likely couple that should happen" even though some of them did like Hinata or other characters better.

I do remember the MasakoX one:
Vegeta3986 As Temari: "My name's temari and I am Vegeta3986's girlfriend."
Masako: "Dude, you can't do that"
Vegeta3986: "Come on, let me have this one."
*tussels for mic*
MasakoX: "You're such a child, now where were we"

MasakoX As Hinata: "Sorry, Naruto, but I am going out with MasakoX"
Vegeta3986: "WHAT THE BLEEEEP?! YOU GOD DAMN HYPOCRITE!"

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1032 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:08 PM

Posted Image

#1033 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:33 PM

The plus side of the arc is they made sure Obito is the coolest guy ever.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 02 November 2017 - 09:35 PM.

#1034 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

OTPs:
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:47 PM

Boruto is just a cheap shonen story. It's makes most stereotypes looks like Freudian philosophy. Like the pairings, the story, and series...it all looks good on the surface, but look deeper and you can see how shallow it truly is.

Bold: The funny thing about this is is that if Kishimoto was a competant writer Naruto would behave more like Rock Lee, but he doesn't. Then again, if he was a competant writer none of these problems would happen in the first place. So, it is basically an oxymoron. If he wasn;t a competant writer, the story might just have been about Rock Lee or whatever. Like his one asistant that did Rock Lee SD who seems to get the series more than Kishimoto did to the point that a satire of Naruto is BETTER WRITTEN than the series itself.

How sad of a world we live in?

Yeah, they were all basically NS fans or at least said "They are the most likely couple that should happen" even though some of them did like Hinata or other characters better.

I do remember the MasakoX one:
Vegeta3986 As Temari: "My name's temari and I am Vegeta3986's girlfriend."
Masako: "Dude, you can't do that"
Vegeta3986: "Come on, let me have this one."
*tussels for mic*
MasakoX: "You're such a child, now where were we"

MasakoX As Hinata: "Sorry, Naruto, but I am going out with MasakoX"
Vegeta3986: "WHAT THE BLEEEEP?! YOU GOD DAMN HYPOCRITE!"

I almost forgot about Hbi2K.   He also expressed the belief that Naruto and Sakura would hook up in his Berserk Abridged series by having Zodd compare the relationships between Griffith, Guts and Casca to Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.

The best part of the Abridged was seeing Sasuke mocked and humiliated at every turn by...

sasuke_vs__the_log_by_stalkernin.jpg

The Log

Edited by Kagomaru, 02 November 2017 - 09:54 PM.

#1035 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:53 AM

I almost forgot about Hbi2K.   He also expressed the belief that Naruto and Sakura would hook up in his Berserk Abridged series by having Zodd compare the relationships between Griffith, Guts and Casca to Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.

The best part of the Abridged was seeing Sasuke mocked and humiliated at every turn by...

The Log

It's pretty sad how it seems like everyone saw NS being the canon couple the whole time....and even made fun of it...yet Kishimoto chose NH and SS. Sad.

As for the log.

Can you imagine Hashirama, Yamato, and Madara singing this song?

Hey Genin, would you like a jutsu?
Uh huh.
How about Water style?
No.

How about Wind style?
NOOOOOO!!
Well okay, you pick a jutsu.
Hmm I want....WOOD STYLE.

What rolls down stairs
Alone or in pairs,
And over your best friend's mog (as in face)?
What's great for a snack,
And fits on your back?
It's log, log, log

It's log, it's log,
It's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's log, it's log, it's better than bad, it's good. "

Everyone wants a log
You're gonna love it, log
Come on and get your log
Everyone needs a log
Log log log

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1036 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:34 AM

Well they finally give us a seven swordsman of the mist arc and they gave us this mess of a filler arc, what a let down.

Its the anime what do you expect? They have always been hit or miss, and the ones that used to make the hits are now working on Black Clover.

I'm thinking about it.

Might well do it, but make sure you got into detail the more you lay it out the best you feel when your done.

Everything they are doing is to maximize profit while putting as little resources as possible into it.

Was that a joke? Or was Obito really brought up?

#1037 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:32 AM

Yagura being hypnotized by Obito was never brought up. Obito is cleansed from that sin because Yagura had a curse to be a mad man.

#1038 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Yeah you see how Sasuke able to travel to other dimension with his Rinnegan??

Perhaps you right it's too idiotic and funny , expected when Sasuke is also product of copy paste of Kurapika.

Well, it's Togashi's fault that he coudn't develope Kurapika better.

Yagura being hypnotized by Obito was never brought up. Obito is cleansed from that sin because Yagura had a curse to be a mad man.

*In Stallone's voice* You know, Obito was a great guy!

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 03 November 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#1039 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:R.I.P Naruto (1999-2009), NaruSaku (always), Bleach, FMA, SnK, Inuyasha, Classic CN, KH2, A:TLA, Classic Yugioh, 90s shows, Good Storytelling (surprise me)

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

Well, it's Togashi's fault that he coudn't develope Kurapika better.
*In Stallone's voice* You know, Obito was a great guy!

Correction. He was the COOLEST guy! *cough*

yIwunKQ.png

LfUZGEl.gif

Naruto on Obito: "He was the COOLEST guy..."  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1040 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:03 AM

Well, it's Togashi's fault that he couldn't develop Kurapika better.

One of these days I should read hunter x hunter.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users