132 replies to this topic

#61 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:42 PM

Wait hang on Didn't like Avengers 2 make a total of 1.4 Billion in the Box Office?

Yeah, it did, but so far nobody has any real values unless I go to wikipedia. Still my point still stands. Justice League did no better nor worse than most of the other Marvel movies, and people still kitten on it for no reason at all.

And the reasoning behind most of it is out of shear BS.

"Marvel is better because it takes gambles with plot points and actually has free reign with the stories"

but then they watch Man of Steel and say

"That movie sucks because it is nothing like the comics. Superman doesn't kill in the comics."

Yet, Marvel's movies don't even follow the comic books at all. Spider-Man Homecoming is nothing like the Spider-Man comics. Alot of the stuff in the Marvel movies never happened in the comics and yet people praise it for it's ingenuity. Meanwhile, stray even a hair away from the DC comics and people have a kitten fit and say it is a bad movie. I hate about half of the Marvel movie line-up because it turned these heroes into something they are not and did thing like...Hulk and Black Widow? You know, I don't remember that ever happening in the comics, but I remember Steve and Natasha becoming a couple. They even had a daughter who was also a Super Soldier.

Seriously, it pisses me off now. Feels like people care more about special effects than actual story anymore.

Now we have Star Wars Last Jedi screwing everything over and people are calling BS all the whole thing, but critics apparently love it and call it a box-office sensation despite many fans saying how horrible it is.

Well, at least DC didn't make the Fantastic 4 movie. A marvel move that actually made Batman and Robin have a higher rating.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#62 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

Yeah, it did, but so far nobody has any real values unless I go to wikipedia. Still my point still stands. Justice League did no better nor worse than most of the other Marvel movies, and people still kitten on it for no reason at all.

"Marvel is better because it takes gambles with plot points and actually has free reign with the stories"

"That movie sucks because it is nothing like the comics. Superman doesn't kill in the comics."

Yet, Marvel's movies don't even follow the comic books at all. Spider-Man Homecoming is nothing like the Spider-Man comics. Alot of the stuff in the Marvel movies never happened in the comics and yet people praise it for it's ingenuity. Meanwhile, stray even a hair away from the DC comics and people have a kitten fit and say it is a bad movie. I hate about half of the Marvel movie line-up because it turned these heroes into something they are not and did thing like...Hulk and Black Widow? You know, I don't remember that ever happening in the comics, but I remember Steve and Natasha becoming a couple. They even had a daughter who was also a Super Soldier.

Seriously, it pisses me off now. Feels like people care more about special effects than actual story anymore.

Now we have Star Wars Last Jedi screwing everything over and people are calling BS all the whole thing, but critics apparently love it and call it a box-office sensation despite many fans saying how horrible it is.

Well, at least DC didn't make the Fantastic 4 movie. A marvel move that actually made Batman and Robin have a higher rating.

To be fair, I found the Avengers to be too cheesy for my taste, and the worst superhero movie in my opinion was the X-Men Apocalypse. The best superhero movie is the Dark Knight a DC movie, followed closely by Logan.

Edited by Azor Ahai, 23 December 2017 - 12:40 AM.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#63 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:36 AM

I really feel the issue is the critics are in love with what they believe the movie to be, rather than what it is. They want to see it as this progressive film for the modern era and they're going to rate it based on that movie in their head. They'll talk about how it's about letting go of the past, the evils of toxic masculinity, and promoting a multi-ethnic cast. I can go through all these supposed points of the movie and ether show how the execution was flawed or how the film contradicts it. Now they're trying to defend their praise by attacking Star Wars fans, Rotten Tomatoes, and just plugging their fingers in their ears.

It's the same thing I feel when people make a big deal out of Wonder Woman because it was a superheroine movie with a woman director. It wasn't a bad film, but the praise it gets feels odd to me as it was pretty average as far as superhero movies go. Personally, I liked the animated Wonder Woman film better.

Favorite cape film would have to be Superman II The Richard Donner Cut.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#64 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:18 AM

Got this recommend on YouTube whether or not you like the star wars eu or not this is funny https://youtu.be/Dv7tTli3oUs

#65 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

oh and regarding luke after thinking about it his arc makes sense being broken and bitter yes he is prtly to blame he failed ben just as obi wan failed anakin its star wars poetry and i love it plus luke was tainted by the darkside in the ot just as rey was its really interesting when i get past the gripes of the movie it came to me as to why rian did what he did but i can't defend that rose subplot its to cringy and i pray to god love triangle mess isn't involved 

No, it still doesn't make any sense. Luke was supposed to be BETTER than Obi-Wan, who gave up with his former friend Anakin Skywalker and just wanted Luke to kill Vader. It was so OOC of him to planning to murder his very own nephew. I mean, what did he do in the first place? Having darkness within him? Come on, they didn't even explain the reason of this. Anakin lost it because he wanted more power to save Padmé. 

Check this out:

Luke tried to save Darth Vader when he discovered he was his father, even knowing all terrible things he has done. 

Luke tried to negotiate with Jabba instead of using violence at once, even though he kidnapped his best friend and sister.

Luke didn't try to kill Palpatine until he was forced to do so (seeing his allies dying)

Like Mark Hamill himself said, Luke never gives up. We did not saw our hero one last time, just a bitter old man being scared because plot reasons and new gen crap. 

Also, am I the only one who hated this Rey/Kylo Ren soap opera? Why is he so obsessed with her? 

Read at your own risk

Edited by Yojeveka, 24 December 2017 - 02:52 PM.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#66 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

No, it still doesn't make any sense. Luke was supposed to be BETTER than Obi-Wan, who gave up with his former friend Anakin Skywalker and just wanted Luke to kill Vader. It was so OOC of him to planning to murder his very own nephew. I mean, what did he do in the first place? Having darkness within him? Come on, they didn't even explain the reason of this. Anakin lost it because he wanted more power to save Padmé. 

Check this out:

Luke tried to save Darth Vader when he discovered he was his father, even knowing all terrible things he has done. 

Luke tried to negotiate with Jabba instead of using violence at once, even though he kidnapped his best friend and sister.

Luke didn't try to kill Palpatine until he was forced to do so (seeing his allies dying)

Like Mark Hamill himself said, Luke never gives up. We did not saw our hero one last time, just a bitter old man being scared because plot reasons and new gen crap. 

Also, am I the only one who hated this Rey/Kylo Ren soap opera? Why is he so obsessed with her? 

Read at your own risk

reylo is sick in my eyes just like sasusaku im glad rey didn't join him

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#67 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

ok i need to let this out finnrose reminds me of naruhina there i said it rose was just a token romance and i hate that

#68 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:44 PM

ok i need to let this out finnrose reminds me of naruhina there i said it rose was just a token romance and i hate that

Rose had a nice plot with this "becoming a hero thing-being stronger like her sister". However, that climax moment near the end was totally unnecesary. It felt like a shoe-horned fan service in order to put some romance in TLJ. 

2r2sxtg.gif

#69 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

Wait, so rose is Hinata?

Dc cinematic universe is not financially fail. It has on point action scene but the story and character is not good. I think they want to catch marvel is the problem. I don't know why they can't just make the movie like the animation since they have great animation.

#70 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:07 AM

Yeah. I mean, If If most if not ALL criticisms are how the DCEU movies don't follow the comics the MCU should be ggetting JUST as much flak then by that logic, because As far as I know the MCU don't follow the comics either, or loosely at best. Now personally I love the DCEU, and because I love the DCEU I mean this a s a constrictive criticism. I felt  that the DCEU was trying to hard to rush towards Justice league. As in I felt they were cramming in too many things at one with Both Batman V Superman and in this movie all at once. Batman V Superman was part Superman sequel and Part intro to the DCEU Batman and Wonderwoman and therefore takes away screen time that could have fleshed out the plot more. the Juctice league also had to introduce Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg all at the same time and delve into their back grounds and relevance to the plot  before we even get to the plot. That is too much to ask for in a 2 hour movie. Marvel at least gave all of their characters individual movies to explain their bachgrounds and give them character development before doing the Avengers movies. Again Not that I think the DCEU is a bad series of movies at all, because I really Enjoy all of them (besides Suicide Squad though admittedly lol) but I think all Justice League members deserved their own movies to give their characters depth and to actually allow the plot of Justice league to be focused on more. Just my personal thoughts.

Anyway back on to the topic at hand. I feel that everything  that was built up from "The Force Awakens" was eiother a complete let down or was subverted with this movie. As in Plot points were either meaningless, or were never explained and probably never will be. Snoke's identity and relevance to the plot was skipped and he was unceremoniously offed, Luke became a bitter and pessimistic and cynical old man BECAUSE........ reasons? Not too mention his attempted murder of Ben was a contrive and forced OOC moment that he never would have done in the original movies. Rey's character and back story was hyped up only for for it to be a mundane ordinary, if depressing and tragic childhood and rendering that flash back of her being abandoned as her Parent(s) were flying away on a ship meaningless. Finn supposedly going to have some potential with the force, which is again skipped, although That admittedly was only my assumption so never mind that.

Although I gotta say guys and girls. KyloXRey and FinnXRose are NOT THAT BAD compared to SS and NH, come on. YES Rey and Kylo are enemies but do you see Kylo verbally abusing her, belittling her and calling her worthless? I think he was  WAY more sympathetic to Rey than  Sasuke was EVER to Sakura. they emotionally bond in the movie for crying out loud. They just so happen to make different choices and come to blows AFTER their respective choice Remember when he said that even though Rey was no-one of extraordinary back ground and wasn not meant to be anyone special or chosen, he still thinks she has value and and genuinely asked her to join him. Finn and Rose actually spent time together in the movie and Rose is NOT submissive towards Finn and actually calls him out on his cowardice. Yes, they are not a good couple by any means but they are NOT out of the blue and undeveloped like NaruHina was. That is all I have to say on the matter 

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#71 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:23 AM

Although I gotta say guys and girls. KyloXRey and FinnXRose are NOT THAT BAD compared to SS and NH, come on. YES Rey and Kylo are enemies but do you see Kylo verbally abusing her, belittling her and calling her worthless? I think he was  WAY more sympathetic to Rey than  Sasuke was EVER to Sakura. they emotionally bond in the movie for crying out loud. They just so happen to make different choices and come to blows AFTER their respective choice Remember when he said that even though Rey was no-one of extraordinary back ground and wasn not meant to be anyone special or chosen, he still thinks she has value and and genuinely asked her to join him. Finn and Rose actually spent time together in the movie and Rose is NOT submissive towards Finn and actually calls him out on his cowardice. Yes, they are not a good couple by any means but they are NOT out of the blue and undeveloped like NaruHina was. That is all I have to say on the matter 

Kylo Ren was a jerk towards Rey 70% of time (counting TFA) He changed his heart because... I don't know, because she defeated him? Because she could be more powerful than him? They don't know each other that well,yet he became a lot nicer in TLJ. It's true he's better than Sasuke was to Sakura, but they still lack of development. They simply started to talk like friends and that felt really forced, considering everything that happened before. I got tired of seeing them connecting their minds like a skype conversation, lol. And in the end, he still wanted to kill everyone and re-start a new galaxy along with Rey. That's messed up. 

About Rose, she's not like Hinata at all, and it's true she shared some time with Finn, but just like NH, their romance came out of nowhere right at the end of the film. 

2r2sxtg.gif

#72 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:48 AM

Rose had a nice plot with this "becoming a hero thing-being stronger like her sister". However, that climax moment near the end was totally unnecesary. It felt like a shoe-horned fan service in order to put some romance in TLJ. 

yeah the kiss was cringy

#73 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:04 AM

Red Letter Media speculates that an interracial kiss between Rey and Finn would have caused too much taboo and he is forced to be stuck with a silver medal with a girl that is arguably less attractive. 

#74 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

Red Letter Media speculates that an interracial kiss between Rey and Finn would have caused too much taboo and he is forced to be stuck with a silver medal with a girl that is arguably less attractive. 

So Hinata ?

#75 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

Kylo Ren was a jerk towards Rey 70% of time (counting TFA) He changed his heart because... I don't know, because she defeated him? Because she could be more powerful than him? They don't know each other that well,yet he became a lot nicer in TLJ. It's true he's better than Sasuke was to Sakura, but they still lack of development. They simply started to talk like friends and that felt really forced, considering everything that happened before. I got tired of seeing them connecting their minds like a skype conversation, lol. And in the end, he still wanted to kill everyone and re-start a new galaxy along with Rey. That's messed up. 

About Rose, she's not like Hinata at all, and it's true she shared some time with Finn, but just like NH, their romance came out of nowhere right at the end of the film. 

Well Kylo DID fight Side by side with Rey and DID show Rey he genuinely values her which way more than Sasuke ever did for Sakura. Plus here is the most important difference, Rey did not become some effing love martyr towards Kylo and becoming pasive submissive towards him and Opposes him when he shows his megalomania, So they are not comparable to SS at all if you ask me. As for Rose and Finn, yes it is forced. Yes it is undeveloped, but again Rose and Finn DID spend half the movie together and bonding. Can you tell me with a straight face Naruto spent even a QUARTER of the manga's run with Hinata? Well? Can you? :ermm:    

#76 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:17 PM

Well Kylo DID fight Side by side with Rey and DID show Rey he genuinely values her which way more than Sasuke ever did for Sakura. Plus here is the most important difference, Rey did not become some effing love martyr towards Kylo and becoming pasive submissive towards him and Opposes him when he shows his megalomania, So they are not comparable to SS at all if you ask me. As for Rose and Finn, yes it is forced. Yes it is undeveloped, but again Rose and Finn DID spend half the movie together and bonding. Can you tell me with a straight face Naruto spent even a QUARTER of the manga's run with Hinata? Well? Can you? :ermm:    

Hold it, I DID NOT compare them to SS/NH. I even SAID that Reylo/FinnRose were better than those two. BUT I still think those SW ships are bad and lacking. Reylo is toxic, simply 'cause he's manipulative, aggresive, inmature and selfish. When he asked her to join him, he wasn't really thinking about her well being. "Leave the resistance behind and let's start again" aka "Forget your friends and do as I say because we're both alone". Seriously? Oh, and he tried to attack his master BEFORE Rey even appeared. They fought together because BOTH of their lives were in danger.  

Just because a ship isn't an exact copy of Naruto's endgames doesn't mean is a good couple. Reylo IS toxic and FinnRose IS forced. Not as bad as SS/NH? Yeah, you're totally right, but they aren't that great either.  

2r2sxtg.gif

#77 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:04 PM

i thought the lil damerey snippet was cute.

but really i don't care about any ship in this new trilogy. this movie did it for me. there's nothing to be excited over.

Poe and Finn are bros. not gay lovers in my eyes.

i like the struggle between Rey and Ren.

#78 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:54 PM

Hold it, I DID NOT compare them to SS/NH. I even SAID that Reylo/FinnRose were better than those two. BUT I still think those SW ships are bad and lacking. Reylo is toxic, simply 'cause he's manipulative, aggresive, inmature and selfish. When he asked her to join him, he wasn't really thinking about her well being. "Leave the resistance behind and let's start again" aka "Forget your friends and do as I say because we're both alone". Seriously? Oh, and he tried to attack his master BEFORE Rey even appeared. They fought together because BOTH of their lives were in danger.  

Just because a ship isn't an exact copy of Naruto's endgames doesn't mean is a good couple. Reylo IS toxic and FinnRose IS forced. Not as bad as SS/NH? Yeah, you're totally right, but they aren't that great either.

Well I never said  they were great couples or that I was rooting for them, did I? :mellow: Of course I know that they are forced, that Kylo X Rey looked like ANOTHER toxic "girl wants and thinks she can change bad boy fan fic", and Finn X Rose is another development deprived, left field romance too. I was only pointing out as bad as the are, they can NEVER set the bar lower for bad couples, That is NaruHina and SasuSaku. You can debate with me if you want on that but that is how I feel. Am I saying that they are proper and cute couples? HECK NO. But I am saying there are small differences that at least make them slightly better than  NaruHina and SasuSaku. As forced as it is, and please don't argued about it being forced we both know that it is, Kylo at least opened up to Rey and speaks about himself and they emotionally connect to an extent in this movie. Did Sasuke ever do that with Sakura? And again don't talk about that being forced because we both know that, I am asking is that not something that they have that SasuSaku does not, even as toxic as their relationship is? As for Finn and Rose, yes they are nonsensical and are not valid couple, but you don't see the current executives dedicating an entire film on making Rose more important than Rey and how Finn should have loved her all along do you? Finn had some relevant screen time bonding with Rose and they were together for a significant amount of time in the film are they not? Can you say the same for NaruHina? My conclusion: they are BAD couples. I never denied that, and I'm not saying I ship them by any means or that you should. I am only pointing out they are not as bad as NaruHina and SasuSaku. Close yes, but not as bad. NaruHina and SasuSaku are the worst fictional couples of all. Again you can debate with me on that, if you wish

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 December 2017 - 10:01 PM.

#79 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

I don't want to debate about that, lol xD I love Star Wars (Especially the first two trilogies) so why would I want to mention something as crappy as Naruto romance in this topic? I know some of you agree with me, some others won't, but I think Reylo/FinnRose are bad and that's it. 

Shippings aren't even my main problem with this movie, is the way they treated Luke. 

2r2sxtg.gif

#80 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

I don't want to debate about that, lol xD I love Star Wars (Especially the first two trilogies) so why would I want to mention something as crappy as Naruto romance in this topic? I know some of you agree with me, some others won't, but I think Reylo/FinnRose are bad and that's it. 

Shippings aren't even my main problem with this movie, is the way they treated Luke. 

same. that was the deal breaker to me and despite liking a few things it doesn't matter. if they can't respect the main hero from the original trilogy then i will not respect them. im proud i didn't give this movie a dime and it pleases me that its plummeting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users